NYU Class of 2014

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2014)
User avatar
law_monkey
Posts: 1709
Joined: Sun Nov 28, 2010 5:25 pm

Re: NYU Class of 2014

Postby law_monkey » Fri Apr 15, 2011 7:39 pm

Non-Chalant1 wrote:Celtics fan? Terrible. RJ...decommit from NYU right now.


Ugh. Are you really still in this thread? :roll:

Kidding! <3

User avatar
mcweanis
Posts: 432
Joined: Mon Feb 28, 2011 5:34 pm

Re: NYU Class of 2014

Postby mcweanis » Fri Apr 15, 2011 7:45 pm

Just as a warning a friend was surprise he hadn't gotten his fin aid info yet so he checked his faaps.. And discovered his offer was already up and expiring on Monday!

User avatar
ahduth
Posts: 2468
Joined: Wed Sep 29, 2010 10:55 am

Re: NYU Class of 2014

Postby ahduth » Fri Apr 15, 2011 7:53 pm

law_monkey wrote:
ahduth wrote:
law_monkey wrote:Also we need more people in the Class of 2014 thread! Right now it looks like no one is going to NYU next year, which is totally not the case!!! :D


This isn't that thread?


No the main TLS Class of 2014 thread where everyone's announcing their school. Knock has an ongoing list, and right now there are only 3 NYU people. :(


I still don't get it. I'm kinda bad at the internets?

User avatar
law_monkey
Posts: 1709
Joined: Sun Nov 28, 2010 5:25 pm

Re: NYU Class of 2014

Postby law_monkey » Fri Apr 15, 2011 8:06 pm

ahduth wrote:
law_monkey wrote:
ahduth wrote:
law_monkey wrote:Also we need more people in the Class of 2014 thread! Right now it looks like no one is going to NYU next year, which is totally not the case!!! :D


This isn't that thread?


No the main TLS Class of 2014 thread where everyone's announcing their school. Knock has an ongoing list, and right now there are only 3 NYU people. :(


I still don't get it. I'm kinda bad at the internets?


Here's the link to the last page. It's the main thread in this part of the board. If you just reply NYU with a gazillion exclamation points it should do the trick. (Or without the exclamation points, but that's just not my style). :D

viewtopic.php?f=28&t=125921&start=325

User avatar
ahduth
Posts: 2468
Joined: Wed Sep 29, 2010 10:55 am

Re: NYU Class of 2014

Postby ahduth » Fri Apr 15, 2011 9:56 pm

Can I just be the too cool for school part of the NYU class?

You do realize we're going to NYU right?

cruelestgame
Posts: 349
Joined: Mon Sep 01, 2008 10:00 pm

Re: NYU Class of 2014

Postby cruelestgame » Fri Apr 15, 2011 10:15 pm

law_monkey wrote:
glitched wrote:where did you find nyu law stuff? is it on the asw?


I went to the book store site and then followed the professional school link.

i think i'm stupider than i thought...i can't seem to find any law sweatshirts :(

User avatar
law_monkey
Posts: 1709
Joined: Sun Nov 28, 2010 5:25 pm

Re: NYU Class of 2014

Postby law_monkey » Sat Apr 16, 2011 12:59 am

cruelestgame wrote:
law_monkey wrote:
glitched wrote:where did you find nyu law stuff? is it on the asw?


I went to the book store site and then followed the professional school link.

i think i'm stupider than i thought...i can't seem to find any law sweatshirts :(


When you go to the main bookstore page, on the left side is a link that says professional schools. So just follow that to the NYU law school link and there's like 4 pages of items. There are like 2 or 3 sweatshirts on there.

cruelestgame
Posts: 349
Joined: Mon Sep 01, 2008 10:00 pm

Re: NYU Class of 2014

Postby cruelestgame » Sat Apr 16, 2011 1:27 am

i am a moron...thank you

User avatar
law_monkey
Posts: 1709
Joined: Sun Nov 28, 2010 5:25 pm

Re: NYU Class of 2014

Postby law_monkey » Sat Apr 16, 2011 1:36 am

cruelestgame wrote:i am a moron...thank you


No it really is annoying difficult to find. Professional schools don't seem to get the same amount of love as the general schools do. :(

User avatar
glitched
Posts: 1040
Joined: Wed May 19, 2010 9:50 am

Re: NYU Class of 2014

Postby glitched » Sat Apr 16, 2011 5:22 am

I sometimes wonder if nyu will be worth the debt... its scary and quite a lot of pressure to do well in school.... I was a science major so I'm not skilled in writing as some of you ...


But ask about protein kinase a or rna polymerase in a standard cell cycle and I'm your boy.

cruelestgame
Posts: 349
Joined: Mon Sep 01, 2008 10:00 pm

Re: NYU Class of 2014

Postby cruelestgame » Sat Apr 16, 2011 3:20 pm

it'll be fun at least...and does anyone know if you have to like accept the financial aid package or something? (not that i got any) or does loan information just get sent later on and that's when it's all done

User avatar
gatorgirl4life
Posts: 354
Joined: Mon Dec 28, 2009 1:06 am

Re: NYU Class of 2014

Postby gatorgirl4life » Sat Apr 16, 2011 4:18 pm

glitched wrote:I sometimes wonder if nyu will be worth the debt... its scary and quite a lot of pressure to do well in school....


+1000 i've been thinking about this ALL DAY. (see my penn vs nyu poll)

User avatar
pixytree
Posts: 175
Joined: Mon Dec 20, 2010 12:35 pm

Re: NYU Class of 2014

Postby pixytree » Sat Apr 16, 2011 4:26 pm

gatorgirl4life wrote:
glitched wrote:I sometimes wonder if nyu will be worth the debt... its scary and quite a lot of pressure to do well in school....


+1000 i've been thinking about this ALL DAY. (see my penn vs nyu poll)


+10000 it's good to know you're not alone though. we can keep each other focused (and sane!)

mst
Posts: 925
Joined: Sun Jun 06, 2010 3:01 am

Re: NYU Class of 2014

Postby mst » Sat Apr 16, 2011 5:23 pm

pixytree wrote:
gatorgirl4life wrote:
glitched wrote:I sometimes wonder if nyu will be worth the debt... its scary and quite a lot of pressure to do well in school....


+1000 i've been thinking about this ALL DAY. (see my penn vs nyu poll)


+10000 it's good to know you're not alone though. we can keep each other focused (and sane!)


I agree, it's very scary to think about. But then I think about how I have one life to live, one chance to do what I want to do with it, and how in the end I will have gone to the school of my dreams or I didn't. I know that's a terrible way of thinking (and probably the reason tuition has climbed so high)... but it makes sense for me. I didn't want to spend the rest of my life wondering "What if?" just to save 40k.

Granted if you have an insane offer from another school (like gatorgirl) that you love basically just as much, it's a bit harder to deal with that idealistic way of thinking lol

User avatar
ahduth
Posts: 2468
Joined: Wed Sep 29, 2010 10:55 am

Re: NYU Class of 2014

Postby ahduth » Sat Apr 16, 2011 5:37 pm

glitched wrote:I sometimes wonder if nyu will be worth the debt... its scary and quite a lot of pressure to do well in school.... I was a science major so I'm not skilled in writing as some of you ...


But ask about protein kinase a or rna polymerase in a standard cell cycle and I'm your boy.


I am going to go out on a limb and say you'll have a leg up on liberal arts majors. Legal writing seems to have more in common with scientific writing than... papers on postmodern feminist literature. I could be wrong though.

bdubs
Posts: 3729
Joined: Sat Feb 06, 2010 2:23 pm

Re: NYU Class of 2014

Postby bdubs » Sun Apr 17, 2011 2:46 pm

The ASW this weekend really changed my perspective on NYU. It's much more likely that I will end up there next year now.

Has anyone contacted housing about off campus options or trying to find a roommate? I have a dog so I can't live in dag or mercer.

User avatar
Philip_J_Fry
Posts: 38
Joined: Tue Dec 14, 2010 3:49 pm

Re: NYU Class of 2014

Postby Philip_J_Fry » Sun Apr 17, 2011 6:55 pm

glitched wrote:I sometimes wonder if nyu will be worth the debt... its scary and quite a lot of pressure to do well in school.... I was a science major so I'm not skilled in writing as some of you ...


But ask about protein kinase a or rna polymerase in a standard cell cycle and I'm your boy.


Just paid my deposit and ordered my obligatory coffee mug and t-shirt. I am also of the science persuasion and likely have many of the same concerns. Know you're not alone!

:):)

See you all in NYC!

User avatar
daisyduke
Posts: 310
Joined: Mon Nov 08, 2010 10:22 pm

Re: NYU Class of 2014

Postby daisyduke » Sun Apr 17, 2011 9:32 pm

After paying your deposit, how long has it taken people to receive confirmation and ID and such? I paid a week ago

User avatar
law_monkey
Posts: 1709
Joined: Sun Nov 28, 2010 5:25 pm

Re: NYU Class of 2014

Postby law_monkey » Sun Apr 17, 2011 9:38 pm

daisyduke wrote:After paying your deposit, how long has it taken people to receive confirmation and ID and such? I paid a week ago


Go to home.nyu.edu and put your info in there. I never actually got anything that said my account was active, but when I went there it gave me all my info and let me activate my email address. A lot of what I've seen says that more info will be coming over the summer, so I don't think we're getting much now unless we're proactive about it.

User avatar
thecilent
Posts: 2506
Joined: Sat Dec 12, 2009 4:55 pm

Re: NYU Class of 2014

Postby thecilent » Mon Apr 18, 2011 9:12 am

bdubs wrote:The ASW this weekend really changed my perspective on NYU. It's much more likely that I will end up there next year now.

Has anyone contacted housing about off campus options or trying to find a roommate? I have a dog so I can't live in dag or mercer.

What kind of dog?

bdubs
Posts: 3729
Joined: Sat Feb 06, 2010 2:23 pm

Re: NYU Class of 2014

Postby bdubs » Mon Apr 18, 2011 9:37 am

thecilent wrote:
bdubs wrote:The ASW this weekend really changed my perspective on NYU. It's much more likely that I will end up there next year now.

Has anyone contacted housing about off campus options or trying to find a roommate? I have a dog so I can't live in dag or mercer.

What kind of dog?


He's a medium sized (~50 lb) lab/border collie mix.

User avatar
thecilent
Posts: 2506
Joined: Sat Dec 12, 2009 4:55 pm

Re: NYU Class of 2014

Postby thecilent » Mon Apr 18, 2011 9:43 am

bdubs wrote:
thecilent wrote:
bdubs wrote:The ASW this weekend really changed my perspective on NYU. It's much more likely that I will end up there next year now.

Has anyone contacted housing about off campus options or trying to find a roommate? I have a dog so I can't live in dag or mercer.

What kind of dog?


He's a medium sized (~50 lb) lab/border collie mix.

Aww. I lovee dogs.

But yeah, to your actual question, I haven't. But I'm going to contact them soon about finding something off campus

User avatar
ahduth
Posts: 2468
Joined: Wed Sep 29, 2010 10:55 am

Re: NYU Class of 2014

Postby ahduth » Mon Apr 18, 2011 1:47 pm

thecilent wrote:
bdubs wrote:
thecilent wrote:
bdubs wrote:The ASW this weekend really changed my perspective on NYU. It's much more likely that I will end up there next year now.

Has anyone contacted housing about off campus options or trying to find a roommate? I have a dog so I can't live in dag or mercer.

What kind of dog?


He's a medium sized (~50 lb) lab/border collie mix.

Aww. I lovee dogs.

But yeah, to your actual question, I haven't. But I'm going to contact them soon about finding something off campus


Damn. You're going to live in Manhattan with a 50 pound dog?

User avatar
mcweanis
Posts: 432
Joined: Mon Feb 28, 2011 5:34 pm

Re: NYU Class of 2014

Postby mcweanis » Mon Apr 18, 2011 1:48 pm

AIEEEE i will walk your dog!

i have gerbils but they live in an aquarium so i figure i should be able to sneak them into campus housing. they aren't allowed where i live now, either.

bdubs
Posts: 3729
Joined: Sat Feb 06, 2010 2:23 pm

Re: NYU Class of 2014

Postby bdubs » Mon Apr 18, 2011 1:49 pm

ahduth wrote:
thecilent wrote:
bdubs wrote:
thecilent wrote:What kind of dog?


He's a medium sized (~50 lb) lab/border collie mix.

Aww. I lovee dogs.

But yeah, to your actual question, I haven't. But I'm going to contact them soon about finding something off campus


Damn. You're going to live in Manhattan with a 50 pound dog?


Haha..... yeah that is kind of my concern.

I saw lots of people at the Washington Square Dog Run that had dogs as big or bigger than mine. Most did not appear to be students though :-)




Return to “TLS Class of 2014 Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest