NYU Class of 2014

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2014)
bdubs
Posts: 3729
Joined: Sat Feb 06, 2010 2:23 pm

Re: NYU Class of 2014

Postby bdubs » Mon Apr 11, 2011 1:39 pm

Has anyone who got no scholarships in their offer appealed successfully?

User avatar
thecilent
Posts: 2506
Joined: Sat Dec 12, 2009 4:55 pm

Re: NYU Class of 2014

Postby thecilent » Mon Apr 11, 2011 1:40 pm

mcweanis wrote:jipped:
misspelling of gypped.
Bob: Oh damn! You got jipped!
Jim: I think you mean gypped...
Bob: But urban dictionary has a definition fo-
Jim: You got gypped!

gypped as in damn those thieving gypsies

cr

User avatar
mcweanis
Posts: 432
Joined: Mon Feb 28, 2011 5:34 pm

Re: NYU Class of 2014

Postby mcweanis » Mon Apr 11, 2011 1:40 pm

thecilent wrote:
mcweanis wrote:jipped:
misspelling of gypped.
Bob: Oh damn! You got jipped!
Jim: I think you mean gypped...
Bob: But urban dictionary has a definition fo-
Jim: You got gypped!

gypped as in damn those thieving gypsies

cr


chromium?

User avatar
thecilent
Posts: 2506
Joined: Sat Dec 12, 2009 4:55 pm

Re: NYU Class of 2014

Postby thecilent » Mon Apr 11, 2011 1:41 pm

mcweanis wrote:
thecilent wrote:
mcweanis wrote:jipped:
misspelling of gypped.
Bob: Oh damn! You got jipped!
Jim: I think you mean gypped...
Bob: But urban dictionary has a definition fo-
Jim: You got gypped!

gypped as in damn those thieving gypsies

cr


chromium?

credited/credited response

User avatar
thecilent
Posts: 2506
Joined: Sat Dec 12, 2009 4:55 pm

Re: NYU Class of 2014

Postby thecilent » Mon Apr 11, 2011 1:41 pm

We are all learning so much itt!

User avatar
Non-Chalant1
Posts: 852
Joined: Thu Jul 03, 2008 1:54 pm

Re: NYU Class of 2014

Postby Non-Chalant1 » Mon Apr 11, 2011 1:42 pm

That's clearly not what RJ was referring to. This is definitely a slang disconnect and the way he spelled it shows that. When some tries to cheat or play you (particularly in regards to money)...I've been saying jipped since I was a kid. I never even thought about it the other way. Maybe that is where it originated..... :?: The thought of a gypsy never crossed my mind.

User avatar
thecilent
Posts: 2506
Joined: Sat Dec 12, 2009 4:55 pm

Re: NYU Class of 2014

Postby thecilent » Mon Apr 11, 2011 1:43 pm

Non-Chalant1 wrote:That's clearly not what RJ was referring to. This is definitely a slang disconnect and the way he spelled it shows that. When some tries to cheat or play you (particularly in regards to money)...I've been saying jipped since I was a kid. I never even thought about it the other way. Maybe that is where it originated..... :?: The thought of a gypsy never crossed my mind.

What other way?

We get that you don't know it.. but, yes, that is where it originated

User avatar
pixytree
Posts: 175
Joined: Mon Dec 20, 2010 12:35 pm

Re: NYU Class of 2014

Postby pixytree » Mon Apr 11, 2011 1:44 pm

hmm never associated 'jipped' with gypsies...guess no one ever writes it down so most people don't connect the gyp with gypsies. learn something new everyday. i usually understand it to mean taken or not getting what you expected.

User avatar
law_monkey
Posts: 1709
Joined: Sun Nov 28, 2010 5:25 pm

Re: NYU Class of 2014

Postby law_monkey » Mon Apr 11, 2011 1:44 pm

And now back to our featured presentation...OF BEING HAPPY AND EXCITED ABOUT NYU!!!!!!

User avatar
Ratchet Jackson
Posts: 2703
Joined: Wed Nov 17, 2010 6:41 pm

Re: NYU Class of 2014

Postby Ratchet Jackson » Mon Apr 11, 2011 1:45 pm

law_monkey wrote:And now back to our featured presentation...OF BEING HAPPY AND EXCITED ABOUT NYU!!!!!!


Agree. This thread 180'd. Too much going on ITT.

User avatar
Non-Chalant1
Posts: 852
Joined: Thu Jul 03, 2008 1:54 pm

Re: NYU Class of 2014

Postby Non-Chalant1 » Mon Apr 11, 2011 1:47 pm

Nevermind client....what we should be talking about it the NYU/CLS b-ball game next year and how whichever team I play for is winning. (Mind you at suck at b-ball and only played football) Regardless, I have a knack for winning these things...I'll be Dennis Rodman out there.

User avatar
Ratchet Jackson
Posts: 2703
Joined: Wed Nov 17, 2010 6:41 pm

Re: NYU Class of 2014

Postby Ratchet Jackson » Mon Apr 11, 2011 1:49 pm

Non-Chalant1 wrote:Nevermind client....what we should be talking about it the NYU/CLS b-ball game next year and how whichever team I play for is winning. (Mind you at suck at b-ball and only played football) Regardless, I have a knack for winning these things...I'll be Dennis Rodman out there.


Cilent is tossing me lobs all day. Breaking backboards in the gym.

User avatar
Non-Chalant1
Posts: 852
Joined: Thu Jul 03, 2008 1:54 pm

Re: NYU Class of 2014

Postby Non-Chalant1 » Mon Apr 11, 2011 1:51 pm

RJ127 wrote:
Non-Chalant1 wrote:Nevermind client....what we should be talking about it the NYU/CLS b-ball game next year and how whichever team I play for is winning. (Mind you at suck at b-ball and only played football) Regardless, I have a knack for winning these things...I'll be Dennis Rodman out there.


Cilent is tossing me lobs all day. Breaking backboards in the gym.

If you had a vertical like that then you wouldn't be going to law school...Client's getting locked up on the perimeter anyway. I got that.

User avatar
kwais
Posts: 1683
Joined: Tue May 11, 2010 12:28 pm

Re: NYU Class of 2014

Postby kwais » Mon Apr 11, 2011 1:51 pm

Non-Chalant1 wrote:Nevermind client....what we should be talking about it the NYU/CLS b-ball game next year and how whichever team I play for is winning. (Mind you at suck at b-ball and only played football) Regardless, I have a knack for winning these things...I'll be Dennis Rodman out there.


Anyone know how competitive this game is? what is the skill level like? when is it? How many points will CLS win by? (sorry, just getting the trash talking started early!)

User avatar
thecilent
Posts: 2506
Joined: Sat Dec 12, 2009 4:55 pm

Re: NYU Class of 2014

Postby thecilent » Mon Apr 11, 2011 1:52 pm

Non-Chalant1 wrote:Nevermind client....what we should be talking about it the NYU/CLS b-ball game next year and how whichever team I play for is winning. (Mind you at suck at b-ball and only played football) Regardless, I have a knack for winning these things...I'll be Dennis Rodman out there.

haha I will DEFINITELY be playing in this game. I've been playing basketball since I was 8 years old

User avatar
Ratchet Jackson
Posts: 2703
Joined: Wed Nov 17, 2010 6:41 pm

Re: NYU Class of 2014

Postby Ratchet Jackson » Mon Apr 11, 2011 1:53 pm

kwais wrote:
Non-Chalant1 wrote:Nevermind client....what we should be talking about it the NYU/CLS b-ball game next year and how whichever team I play for is winning. (Mind you at suck at b-ball and only played football) Regardless, I have a knack for winning these things...I'll be Dennis Rodman out there.


Anyone know how competitive this game is? what is the skill level like? when is it? How many points will CLS win by? (sorry, just getting the trash talking started early!)


This guy! Early trash talker! Okay, okay I see you homie 8)

User avatar
thecilent
Posts: 2506
Joined: Sat Dec 12, 2009 4:55 pm

Re: NYU Class of 2014

Postby thecilent » Mon Apr 11, 2011 1:53 pm

Non-Chalant1 wrote:
RJ127 wrote:
Non-Chalant1 wrote:Nevermind client....what we should be talking about it the NYU/CLS b-ball game next year and how whichever team I play for is winning. (Mind you at suck at b-ball and only played football) Regardless, I have a knack for winning these things...I'll be Dennis Rodman out there.


Cilent is tossing me lobs all day. Breaking backboards in the gym.

If you had a vertical like that then you wouldn't be going to law school...Client's getting locked up on the perimeter anyway. I got that.

hahaha Oh man this is going to be awesome

User avatar
kwais
Posts: 1683
Joined: Tue May 11, 2010 12:28 pm

Re: NYU Class of 2014

Postby kwais » Mon Apr 11, 2011 1:54 pm

Haha, can't wait! I heard you guys have a way better gym though

WestOfTheRest
Posts: 1412
Joined: Mon Jul 07, 2008 11:10 pm

Re: NYU Class of 2014

Postby WestOfTheRest » Mon Apr 11, 2011 1:55 pm

kwais wrote:Haha, can't wait! I heard you guys have a way better gym though

Nyu doesn't have a gym from what Ive heard.

User avatar
Ratchet Jackson
Posts: 2703
Joined: Wed Nov 17, 2010 6:41 pm

Re: NYU Class of 2014

Postby Ratchet Jackson » Mon Apr 11, 2011 1:56 pm

CastleRock wrote:
kwais wrote:Haha, can't wait! I heard you guys have a way better gym though

Nyu doesn't have a gym from what Ive heard.


http://www.nyu.edu/palladiumathleticfacility/

WestOfTheRest
Posts: 1412
Joined: Mon Jul 07, 2008 11:10 pm

Re: NYU Class of 2014

Postby WestOfTheRest » Mon Apr 11, 2011 1:57 pm

RJ127 wrote:
CastleRock wrote:
kwais wrote:Haha, can't wait! I heard you guys have a way better gym though

Nyu doesn't have a gym from what Ive heard.


http://www.nyu.edu/palladiumathleticfacility/

Sweet. The more you know.

User avatar
law_monkey
Posts: 1709
Joined: Sun Nov 28, 2010 5:25 pm

Re: NYU Class of 2014

Postby law_monkey » Mon Apr 11, 2011 1:58 pm

I'm personally excited for the half-time faculty game. That will be EPIC!!!

User avatar
Non-Chalant1
Posts: 852
Joined: Thu Jul 03, 2008 1:54 pm

Re: NYU Class of 2014

Postby Non-Chalant1 » Mon Apr 11, 2011 2:00 pm

law_monkey wrote:I'm personally excited for the half-time faculty game. That will be EPIC!!!

If I see my torts professor get his ankles broken I'll never be afraid to speak in class again. I'll just give him one of these looks --> :) whenever I get called up.

User avatar
thecilent
Posts: 2506
Joined: Sat Dec 12, 2009 4:55 pm

Re: NYU Class of 2014

Postby thecilent » Mon Apr 11, 2011 2:03 pm

Non-Chalant1 wrote:
law_monkey wrote:I'm personally excited for the half-time faculty game. That will be EPIC!!!

If I see my torts professor get his ankles broken I'll never be afraid to speak in class again. I'll just give him one of these looks --> :) whenever I get called up.

*interested in seeing if lawmonk knows what this means*

User avatar
redsoxfan2495
Posts: 273
Joined: Tue Oct 26, 2010 12:13 am

Re: NYU Class of 2014

Postby redsoxfan2495 » Mon Apr 11, 2011 2:04 pm

--ImageRemoved--
NYU gloating after last years victory.




Return to “TLS Class of 2014 Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest