NYU Class of 2014

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2014)
thecilent

Re: NYU Class of 2014

Postby thecilent » Mon Mar 07, 2011 2:25 pm

birdlaw117 wrote:Dude, thecilent, where were you that second day? Once you left halfway through that one panel I don't think I saw you again... Haha. Did you have a good nap? :lol:

hahaha I was sooooo tired. That nap was crucial. After that nap, I went to the lunch (where we were on the different schedule), then I had my meeting with Helen Scott - she is really awesome; after that, I toured Dag and Mercer, then went back to my friends at like 4:00pm. I was too tired to do the last session things.

Glad to hear that you might be there in the fall with me!

birdlaw117

Postby birdlaw117 » Mon Mar 07, 2011 3:13 pm

thecilent wrote:
birdlaw117 wrote:Dude, thecilent, where were you that second day? Once you left halfway through that one panel I don't think I saw you again... Haha. Did you have a good nap? :lol:

hahaha I was sooooo tired. That nap was crucial. After that nap, I went to the lunch (where we were on the different schedule), then I had my meeting with Helen Scott - she is really awesome; after that, I toured Dag and Mercer, then went back to my friends at like 4:00pm. I was too tired to do the last session things.

For sure! Congrats on that schools by the way. What did you think of Dag and Mercer?

ahduth

Postby ahduth » Mon Mar 07, 2011 3:21 pm

arism87 wrote:I just got an RTK invite via voicemail- she said she left a message last week but somehow I missed that one. Anyway, point is, they're still coming out in some form.

Awesome, congrats. I'd be kind of scrambled if I found out I'd missed that voicemail lol.

Dayan114

Postby Dayan114 » Mon Mar 07, 2011 3:52 pm

law_monkey wrote:
LinzerTorte wrote:
ahduth wrote:
bleedblue wrote:Has anyone figured out if you get a rejection letter to the named scholarships or if they just don't ever tell you if you didn't get it?

viewtopic.php?f=28&t=140482&start=225#p4055076

Yay for more rejection letters!

Has anyone actually gotten one of these yet?

No but I applied to every one I thought was applicable to me haha. And obviously I'm not going to be up for more than one, so since I have the AnBryce invite already I'm going to have a mailbox full of scholly rejections apparently lol.

Nice humblebrag.

law_monkey

Postby law_monkey » Mon Mar 07, 2011 3:53 pm

arism87 wrote:I just got an RTK invite via voicemail- she said she left a message last week but somehow I missed that one. Anyway, point is, they're still coming out in some form.

Congrats! You're really doing well with these NYU schollies lol!

arism87

Postby arism87 » Mon Mar 07, 2011 3:56 pm

law_monkey wrote:

Congrats! You're really doing well with these NYU schollies lol!

Thanks! I know, someone somewhere wants me in NYC. And while I started out dreading the idea of moving to the city, flattery certainly works, can't say I'm not leaning that way...

and adhuth- I KNOW, I have no idea how that happened. Good thing I'm not waiting for any phone calls, I'd be going nuts.

law_monkey

Postby law_monkey » Mon Mar 07, 2011 4:05 pm

Dayan114 wrote:
Nice humblebrag.

Ummm definitely not intentional. Plus arism87 just proved that people can be chosen for multiple ones, not that I'm expecting that. I was just commenting on all the rejections I'm about to get since I think I applied to like 4 different schollies. :D

ahduth

Postby ahduth » Mon Mar 07, 2011 4:20 pm

You know it didn't even occur to me to apply to more than one... I should've applied to the law and economics one at least. Ah well.

TheWire

Postby TheWire » Mon Mar 07, 2011 4:21 pm

Congrats guys, NYU is an awesome place to be; PM me if you have any questions that I can answer.

--TheWire

PS. 1L

swampthang

Postby swampthang » Mon Mar 07, 2011 4:26 pm

Was I the only one who guffawed Thursday when a white-haired parent in the front row asked what the size of the "incoming freshman class" was? Any TLSers want to own up to bringing your parents to ASD and then having them ask questions on your behalf?

Ratchet Jackson

Postby Ratchet Jackson » Mon Mar 07, 2011 4:28 pm

ahduth wrote:You know it didn't even occur to me to apply to more than one... I should've applied to the law and economics one at least. Ah well.

This. Kicking self.

gendefect

Postby gendefect » Mon Mar 07, 2011 4:41 pm

swampthang wrote:Was I the only one who guffawed Thursday when a white-haired parent in the front row asked what the size of the "incoming freshman class" was? Any TLSers want to own up to bringing your parents to ASD and then having them ask questions on your behalf?

Ya, I thought it was weird that there were some parents there sitting in on all the sessions. I mean, whatever, to each their own. But I figure at this point, most folks are capable of (and even wanting to) make this decision on their own.

Plus, that's a question anyone could answer just by looking on a website or whatever.

thecilent

Postby thecilent » Mon Mar 07, 2011 4:53 pm

birdlaw117 wrote:
thecilent wrote:

For sure! Congrats on that schools by the way. What did you think of Dag and Mercer?

I really don't like either of them. If I do on campus, I will prob pick Mercer; but I'm going to look for apts in the area-ish

thecilent

Postby thecilent » Mon Mar 07, 2011 4:55 pm

gendefect wrote:
swampthang wrote:Was I the only one who guffawed Thursday when a white-haired parent in the front row asked what the size of the "incoming freshman class" was? Any TLSers want to own up to bringing your parents to ASD and then having them ask questions on your behalf?

Ya, I thought it was weird that there were some parents there sitting in on all the sessions. I mean, whatever, to each their own. But I figure at this point, most folks are capable of (and even wanting to) make this decision on their own.

Plus, that's a question anyone could answer just by looking on a website or whatever.

Yeah that was a dumb question that made me mad. Idc if parents are tere - even if they're asking ?s - but that was stupid, take a look at a website

How come you fellow tlsers didn't answer any of my penguin calls?

law_monkey

Postby law_monkey » Mon Mar 07, 2011 5:32 pm

I wasn't there, but the image of that makes me laugh. I'm going on visits with my mom over spring break, but she's definitely not coming to ASW with me. I'm also sending her off on her own if I have any individual meetings with anyone. Tours are one thing, but I don't want her with me if I meet someone important or she would be that parent.

gatorgirl4life

Postby gatorgirl4life » Tue Mar 08, 2011 3:03 pm

haha I remember that. Btw, for those of you who couldn't make it, NYU's ASW was amazing. Barring H or S I will definitely be there in the fall (and am REALLY excited about it!). :D

p.s. It was really nice to meet some of you at lunch beforehand!

CrashingTheGate

Postby CrashingTheGate » Tue Mar 08, 2011 3:22 pm

Hey All,

I just found out I was accepted to NYU via an email about financial aid. I am in Haiti right now and wont be back Stateside for a little while. Is there anything in the initial packet that I should know about? Can anyone point me towards the admitted student's website or how to get my username/password from the admissions office?

I am sure all of that was covered somewhere in these threads and also that these may be vague/dumb questions, but my access to internet is relatively limited here and any guidance is appreciated. Feel free to PM me, or send a link if all of these questions are covered earlier.

Thanks all! I hope to meet you at Admitted Student's Weekend - whenever that is. :D

gendefect

Postby gendefect » Tue Mar 08, 2011 3:27 pm

CrashingTheGate wrote:Hey All,

I just found out I was accepted to NYU via an email about financial aid. I am in Haiti right now and wont be back Stateside for a little while. Is there anything in the initial packet that I should know about? Can anyone point me towards the admitted student's website or how to get my username/password from the admissions office?

I am sure all of that was covered somewhere in these threads and also that these may be vague/dumb questions, but my access to internet is relatively limited here and any guidance is appreciated. Feel free to PM me, or send a link if all of these questions are covered earlier.

Thanks all! I hope to meet you at Admitted Student's Weekend - whenever that is. :D

Congrats!

You'll want to go here:
http://www.law.nyu.edu/admissions/jdadmissions/index.htm

and click on the link that says "Admitted Students". If you haven't logged in already, you should be able to log in with your social security # and your date of birth as your password. I think you'll be asked to change your password at that point.

Hope that helps!

lzyovrachievr

Postby lzyovrachievr » Wed Mar 09, 2011 3:09 pm

Figured I'd be nice and share: I also got a call about the RTK on Monday.

Is there still no one who has heard about the IILJ?

bleedblue

Postby bleedblue » Wed Mar 09, 2011 7:40 pm

lzyovrachievr wrote:Figured I'd be nice and share: I also got a call about the RTK on Monday.

I'm still waiting and hoping. i sent a scholarship negotiation type email today with a semi loci for IILJ.

samsonyte16

Postby samsonyte16 » Thu Mar 10, 2011 10:52 am

bleedblue wrote:
lzyovrachievr wrote:Figured I'd be nice and share: I also got a call about the RTK on Monday.

I'm still waiting and hoping. i sent a scholarship negotiation type email today with a semi loci for IILJ.

IILJ finalist here. I found out via email about a week ago.

bleedblue

Postby bleedblue » Thu Mar 10, 2011 12:04 pm

samsonyte16 wrote:
bleedblue wrote:

Email mention anything about timing or how many people you were competing against?

swampthang

Postby swampthang » Thu Mar 10, 2011 12:07 pm

samsonyte16 wrote:
bleedblue wrote:

176/4.0 FTW. Debating whether or not I like NYU's system since you write all the essays and delude yourself into thinking you have a shot, when really you probably need to be at both 75ths to be competitive.

samsonyte16

Postby samsonyte16 » Thu Mar 10, 2011 9:04 pm

bleedblue wrote:
samsonyte16 wrote:
bleedblue wrote:

Email mention anything about timing or how many people you were competing against?

Nothing about how many people are in the running. Also nothing on the timing--although I'm guessing people find out in early/mid April.

Jader

Postby Jader » Sat Mar 12, 2011 2:09 pm

Just got offered the Dean's Honor Scholarship, 15k for 1L and 2L and 7.5k for 3L (or 15k if you do a public service summer 2L job). Have these been going out all cycle or did this just start? Also, yay.

Return to “TLS Class of 2014 Forum”