NYU Class of 2014

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2014)
User avatar
LinzerTorte
Posts: 538
Joined: Wed Dec 22, 2010 11:06 am

Re: NYU Class of 2014

Postby LinzerTorte » Fri Feb 25, 2011 6:01 pm

Woodhouse wrote:If it helps, I could PM excerpts from the e-mail. Detailed information isn't going out until late March so there's plenty of time still.


I don't actually think you are a flame, so I guess everyone else who applied for it on TLS sucks.

:cry: :cry:

sarahh
Posts: 610
Joined: Wed Sep 08, 2010 2:36 pm

Re: NYU Class of 2014

Postby sarahh » Fri Feb 25, 2011 6:05 pm

Woodhouse wrote:If it helps, I could PM excerpts from the e-mail. Detailed information isn't going out until late March so there's plenty of time still.


I was just trying to be funny. I did not mean to imply that I actually thought you were a flame.

User avatar
daisyduke
Posts: 310
Joined: Mon Nov 08, 2010 10:22 pm

Re: NYU Class of 2014

Postby daisyduke » Fri Feb 25, 2011 6:06 pm

LinzerTorte wrote:
Woodhouse wrote:If it helps, I could PM excerpts from the e-mail. Detailed information isn't going out until late March so there's plenty of time still.


I don't actually think you are a flame, so I guess everyone else who applied for it on TLS sucks.

:cry: :cry:


So true :(

User avatar
forward
Posts: 413
Joined: Thu May 13, 2010 12:16 am

Re: NYU Class of 2014

Postby forward » Fri Feb 25, 2011 6:52 pm

It's probably rolling review & notification.

mst
Posts: 925
Joined: Sun Jun 06, 2010 3:01 am

Re: NYU Class of 2014

Postby mst » Fri Feb 25, 2011 7:20 pm

forward wrote:It's probably rolling review & notification.


Yep. They're rolling right over your hopes and dreams with a giant 18-wheeler. Sorry guys.

(JK! YOULL GET IT :))

User avatar
ahduth
Posts: 2468
Joined: Wed Sep 29, 2010 10:55 am

Re: NYU Class of 2014

Postby ahduth » Fri Feb 25, 2011 7:48 pm

Where are the interview locations for the AnBryce? Just curious.

User avatar
law_monkey
Posts: 1709
Joined: Sun Nov 28, 2010 5:25 pm

Re: NYU Class of 2014

Postby law_monkey » Fri Feb 25, 2011 8:25 pm

ahduth wrote:Where are the interview locations for the AnBryce? Just curious.


Purchase, NY, Washington, DC, Oakland, CA

User avatar
ahduth
Posts: 2468
Joined: Wed Sep 29, 2010 10:55 am

Re: NYU Class of 2014

Postby ahduth » Fri Feb 25, 2011 8:46 pm

law_monkey wrote:
ahduth wrote:Where are the interview locations for the AnBryce? Just curious.


Purchase, NY, Washington, DC, Oakland, CA


Wait, isn't Purchase in Westchester County? You don't have the option to interview on campus? That's really weird.

User avatar
arism87
Posts: 1311
Joined: Sat Sep 04, 2010 7:46 pm

Re: NYU Class of 2014

Postby arism87 » Fri Feb 25, 2011 8:48 pm

ahduth wrote:
law_monkey wrote:
ahduth wrote:Where are the interview locations for the AnBryce? Just curious.


Purchase, NY, Washington, DC, Oakland, CA


Wait, isn't Purchase in Westchester County? You don't have the option to interview on campus? That's really weird.


I was thinking that too, interesting

User avatar
forza
Posts: 2778
Joined: Tue Aug 04, 2009 10:32 am

Re: NYU Class of 2014

Postby forza » Fri Feb 25, 2011 9:16 pm

ahduth wrote:
law_monkey wrote:
ahduth wrote:Where are the interview locations for the AnBryce? Just curious.


Purchase, NY, Washington, DC, Oakland, CA


Wait, isn't Purchase in Westchester County? You don't have the option to interview on campus? That's really weird.


I think you interview at PepsiCo. Huge supporters of the program.

User avatar
LinzerTorte
Posts: 538
Joined: Wed Dec 22, 2010 11:06 am

Re: NYU Class of 2014

Postby LinzerTorte » Mon Feb 28, 2011 11:32 am

Soooooo...any other named scholarship notifications?

User avatar
bleedblue
Posts: 140
Joined: Tue Oct 26, 2010 10:39 am

Re: NYU Class of 2014

Postby bleedblue » Mon Feb 28, 2011 11:48 am

LinzerTorte wrote:Soooooo...any other named scholarship notifications?


Specifically IILJ anyone?

User avatar
swampthang
Posts: 435
Joined: Fri Apr 16, 2010 5:40 pm

Re: NYU Class of 2014

Postby swampthang » Mon Feb 28, 2011 2:11 pm

bleedblue wrote:
LinzerTorte wrote:Soooooo...any other named scholarship notifications?


Specifically IILJ anyone?


ILJ, Furman Academic, Biz. & Law...anybody heard about those?

User avatar
rikkitikki
Posts: 26
Joined: Fri Feb 26, 2010 9:20 pm

Re: NYU Class of 2014

Postby rikkitikki » Mon Feb 28, 2011 9:09 pm

I'm going to the ASW this week. Does anyone know how to find out the schedule for classes? I'm hoping to audit Constitutional and Corporations, so I'm thinking a little advance scheduling might be wise.

Couldn't find anything on the admitted students website. Guess I'll just wing it unless someone can point me in the right direction.

mst
Posts: 925
Joined: Sun Jun 06, 2010 3:01 am

Re: NYU Class of 2014

Postby mst » Mon Feb 28, 2011 9:21 pm

http://its.law.nyu.edu/cms/public/sched ... mYear=2011

Those are the ones they allow visiting for. I don't know how it works when visiting on the AS days, but those are the regular classes to visit throughout this semester. If you go on a normal day, just drop by wilf, check in and get your id, and then go ahead and introduce yourself quickly to the professor at the beginning of the class.

I sat in on corporations in the fall. It was intriguing, but maybe that was the novelty of it all for me.

User avatar
lsathalon
Posts: 216
Joined: Sun Feb 08, 2009 2:37 pm

Re: NYU Class of 2014

Postby lsathalon » Mon Feb 28, 2011 11:01 pm

They'll give you info when you get there. They've changed around some of the times--our corporations class is meeting an hour earlier than usual so admitted students can sit in.

cruelestgame
Posts: 349
Joined: Mon Sep 01, 2008 10:00 pm

Re: NYU Class of 2014

Postby cruelestgame » Tue Mar 01, 2011 12:18 pm

just checked faaps on the asw and it says "application in final stage of review" ... just a change i noticed

User avatar
thecilent
Posts: 2506
Joined: Sat Dec 12, 2009 4:55 pm

Re: NYU Class of 2014

Postby thecilent » Tue Mar 01, 2011 12:22 pm

What is faaps?

Edit: Oh I see now. Mine says application in final stage of review as well.

deathviaboredom
Posts: 197
Joined: Fri Jun 05, 2009 11:21 pm

Re: NYU Class of 2014

Postby deathviaboredom » Tue Mar 01, 2011 12:27 pm

..
Last edited by deathviaboredom on Sat Apr 16, 2011 10:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
swampthang
Posts: 435
Joined: Fri Apr 16, 2010 5:40 pm

Re: NYU Class of 2014

Postby swampthang » Tue Mar 01, 2011 12:49 pm

thecilent wrote:What is faaps?

Edit: Oh I see now. Mine says application in final stage of review as well.


I still don't know. And I think I can't log in to the admitted students site anymore. Weird.

User avatar
thecilent
Posts: 2506
Joined: Sat Dec 12, 2009 4:55 pm

Re: NYU Class of 2014

Postby thecilent » Tue Mar 01, 2011 12:54 pm

swampthang wrote:
thecilent wrote:What is faaps?

Edit: Oh I see now. Mine says application in final stage of review as well.


I still don't know. And I think I can't log in to the admitted students site anymore. Weird.

https://faaps.law.nyu.edu/studentmain.html

See if you can log in there. Try your birthday and your new password if you made one. For the admitted site my new password works, but for faaps it's still my bday

4102011
Posts: 1724
Joined: Sat Feb 06, 2010 9:00 pm

Re: NYU Class of 2014

Postby 4102011 » Tue Mar 01, 2011 12:56 pm

I just submitted all my stuff yesterday. Woo procrastination!

User avatar
gendefect
Posts: 145
Joined: Wed Jun 23, 2010 1:43 pm

Re: NYU Class of 2014

Postby gendefect » Tue Mar 01, 2011 1:09 pm

You need your 2010 tax info to fill out the financial aid stuff, right? I'm still waiting to get that back from my accountant, which is frustrating. I'd like to get it done ASAP. Am at a disadvantage the longer I wait?

4102011
Posts: 1724
Joined: Sat Feb 06, 2010 9:00 pm

Re: NYU Class of 2014

Postby 4102011 » Tue Mar 01, 2011 1:12 pm

gendefect wrote:You need your 2010 tax info to fill out the financial aid stuff, right? I'm still waiting to get that back from my accountant, which is frustrating. I'd like to get it done ASAP. Am at a disadvantage the longer I wait?


You can estimate it and say you're putting in #s based on your estimated 1040. And then you can go back and edit it all (that's what I did/am going to do)

User avatar
gendefect
Posts: 145
Joined: Wed Jun 23, 2010 1:43 pm

Re: NYU Class of 2014

Postby gendefect » Tue Mar 01, 2011 1:14 pm

dulcatis wrote:
gendefect wrote:You need your 2010 tax info to fill out the financial aid stuff, right? I'm still waiting to get that back from my accountant, which is frustrating. I'd like to get it done ASAP. Am at a disadvantage the longer I wait?


You can estimate it and say you're putting in #s based on your estimated 1040. And then you can go back and edit it all (that's what I did/am going to do)


Great idea. I'll give that shot. Thanks.




Return to “TLS Class of 2014 Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest