NYU Class of 2014

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2014)
incompetentia

Re: NYU Class of 2014

Postby incompetentia » Sat Aug 06, 2011 11:31 pm

ironically I met some TLS people today

thecilent

Postby thecilent » Sun Aug 07, 2011 5:11 am

incompetentia wrote:ironically I met some TLS people today

Oh yeah, who?

thecilent

Postby thecilent » Sun Aug 07, 2011 5:19 am

So Jeeves you in there?

incompetentia

Postby incompetentia » Sun Aug 07, 2011 10:43 am

thecilent wrote:
inck wrote:ironically I met some TLS people today

Oh yeah, who?

Lounge people haha
I've become so...TLS-institutionalized
Last edited by incompetentia on Sat Aug 27, 2011 8:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

thecilent

Postby thecilent » Sun Aug 07, 2011 10:54 am

Yeah man. youre a little addict

whathojeeves

Postby whathojeeves » Sun Aug 07, 2011 11:34 am

thecilent wrote:So Jeeves you in there?

In

birdlaw117

Postby birdlaw117 » Sun Aug 07, 2011 3:45 pm

OK, so since I never got that packet, and it's impossible to talk to the Bursar's Office, what am I supposed to print off/pay and where am I supposed to send it? Sorry for being difficult with this. I just feel like there is something I'm missing, and since I don't have the info they sent out, I'm just not 100% sure on what I'm supposed to be doing.

lzyovrachievr

Postby lzyovrachievr » Sun Aug 07, 2011 3:46 pm

incompetentia wrote:
thecilent wrote:
incompetentia wrote:ironically I met some TLS people today

Oh yeah, who?

Lounge people haha
I've become so...TLS-institutionalized

Pssh, you met me months ago. Yet you think NOW you're TLS official.

melamine

Postby melamine » Sun Aug 07, 2011 5:17 pm

birdlaw117 wrote:OK, so since I never got that packet, and it's impossible to talk to the Bursar's Office, what am I supposed to print off/pay and where am I supposed to send it? Sorry for being difficult with this. I just feel like there is something I'm missing, and since I don't have the info they sent out, I'm just not 100% sure on what I'm supposed to be doing.

from what i remember:
5th of august - final confirmation of enrollment
15th or 17th? - you have to pay tuition. to do this, you have to (1) accept your loans, (2) write 1-2 master promissory notes (for subsidized/unsubsidized loans, and federal plus loans), do a loan interview (an online quetionnaire) all through the federal student aid website, (3) once those things are received by NYU, they will allow you to pay your tuition with the loans, and presumably get the rest deposited into your bank account for living expenses and the like. Most of us are still stuck on the master promissory thingies, b/c NYU doesn't register them as being received, even though we've written them. Also, (4) don't forget your health immunization records stuff - they need to be received by 15th or they threaten de-enrollment.

spacepenguin

Postby spacepenguin » Sun Aug 07, 2011 5:46 pm

melamine wrote:
birdlaw117 wrote:OK, so since I never got that packet, and it's impossible to talk to the Bursar's Office, what am I supposed to print off/pay and where am I supposed to send it? Sorry for being difficult with this. I just feel like there is something I'm missing, and since I don't have the info they sent out, I'm just not 100% sure on what I'm supposed to be doing.

from what i remember:
15th or 17th? - you have to pay tuition. to do this, you have to (1) accept your loans, (2) write 1-2 master promissory notes (for subsidized/unsubsidized loans, and federal plus loans), do a loan interview (an online quetionnaire) all through the federal student aid website, (3) once those things are received by NYU, they will allow you to pay your tuition with the loans, and presumably get the rest deposited into your bank account for living expenses and the like. Most of us are still stuck on the master promissory thingies, b/c NYU doesn't register them as being received, even though we've written them. Also, (4) don't forget your health immunization records stuff - they need to be received by 15th or they threaten de-enrollment.

Also, print out your bill statement from esuite, write "loans pending" on the top and mail it in to the admissions committee and you should be all set.

ninny

Postby ninny » Sun Aug 07, 2011 8:11 pm

does anyone know when we find out our schedule for the fall term? do we have to wait until orientation?

incompetentia

Postby incompetentia » Sun Aug 07, 2011 8:18 pm

ninny wrote:does anyone know when we find out our schedule for the fall term? do we have to wait until orientation?

Section assignments happen during orientation.

Schedules for each section (fall and spring) are here

birdlaw117

Postby birdlaw117 » Sun Aug 07, 2011 10:11 pm

incompetentia wrote:
ninny wrote:does anyone know when we find out our schedule for the fall term? do we have to wait until orientation?

Section assignments happen during orientation.

Schedules for each section (fall and spring) are here

Did we ever figure out what was up with that torts/crim thing? Do different sections have different first semester courses? I don't remember what/if anything was decided on that.

glitched

Postby glitched » Sun Aug 07, 2011 10:20 pm

melamine wrote:

from what i remember:

oh okay. so everyone's MPNs are still pending on albert too?

birdlaw117

Postby birdlaw117 » Sun Aug 07, 2011 10:27 pm

Incomp - I just noticed the comma in your 'tar. Love it.

TheKingintheNorth

Postby TheKingintheNorth » Mon Aug 08, 2011 10:23 am

spacepenguin wrote:
melamine wrote:

from what i remember:

Also, print out your bill statement from esuite, write "loans pending" on the top and mail it in to the admissions committee and you should be all set.

I'm going through the packet now and I don't see this. It only tells you to do what melamine wrote (and yeah my MPNs are still pending/requested as well). Maybe writing "Loans Pending" is just for people using private loans?

incompetentia

Postby incompetentia » Mon Aug 08, 2011 10:31 am

TheKingintheNorth wrote:
spacepenguin wrote:
melamine wrote:

from what i remember:

I'm going through the packet now and I don't see this. It only tells you to do what melamine wrote (and yeah my MPNs are still pending/requested as well). Maybe writing "Loans Pending" is just for people using private loans?

It's near the bottom of what I think is the 2nd to last page.

hemm

Postby hemm » Mon Aug 08, 2011 11:11 am

glitched wrote:oh okay. so everyone's MPNs are still pending on albert too?

Mine are. Does anyone's account actually show the MPNs being received?

ahduth

Postby ahduth » Mon Aug 08, 2011 11:23 am

Do you guys know if we're eligible to get our NYU Cards even if all our loan stuff hasn't been processed?

lzyovrachievr

Postby lzyovrachievr » Mon Aug 08, 2011 11:25 am

hemm wrote:

Mine are still requested, and I had emailed them a few weeks ago saying that I had finished the MPNs, and here are the copies. They replied that they can only accept them through Albert, so be sure to watch for them to be accessed. So.... yep.

melamine

Postby melamine » Mon Aug 08, 2011 12:30 pm

lzyovrachievr wrote:
hemm wrote:

Mine are still requested, and I had emailed them a few weeks ago saying that I had finished the MPNs, and here are the copies. They replied that they can only accept them through Albert, so be sure to watch for them to be accessed. So.... yep.

aaah.... and that "Loans Pending" - written on the E-suite Bill - that's due August 10th. Guess i better go to the copy store... blech.

whathojeeves

Postby whathojeeves » Mon Aug 08, 2011 1:03 pm

lzyovrachievr wrote:
hemm wrote:

They're apparently having problems downloading the info, but are working on getting it by the end of the week.

whathojeeves

Postby whathojeeves » Mon Aug 08, 2011 1:04 pm

ahduth wrote:Do you guys know if we're eligible to get our NYU Cards even if all our loan stuff hasn't been processed?

Yes. We can also get verification of enrollment letters from records and registration (if anyone needs it for a lease etc).

neyaae

Postby neyaae » Mon Aug 08, 2011 1:46 pm

what is the loans questionnaire? I did the entrance counseling and MPN's and have accepted my loans on Albert...now I guess I need to figure out esuite...

whathojeeves

Postby whathojeeves » Mon Aug 08, 2011 1:57 pm

neyaae wrote:what is the loans questionnaire? I did the entrance counseling and MPN's and have accepted my loans on Albert...now I guess I need to figure out esuite...

Is the questionnaire the same thing as entrance counseling? I feel it may be.

Return to “TLS Class of 2014 Forum”