NYU Class of 2014

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2014)
User avatar
thecilent
Posts: 2506
Joined: Sat Dec 12, 2009 4:55 pm

Re: NYU Class of 2014

Postby thecilent » Tue Aug 02, 2011 8:16 pm

Oh I'll def be down to ball

User avatar
shanemahsa
Posts: 655
Joined: Thu Sep 24, 2009 10:46 am

Re: NYU Class of 2014

Postby shanemahsa » Wed Aug 03, 2011 1:58 am

RJ127 wrote:I'll be out there next Friday. If there are any gym rats ITT let me know. Lifting/basketball etc. I'm always down.


Won't be there till the 24th, but I'm always down for a good gym sesh. I don't really play bball but I'm down to shoot around :)

Edit: BTW, who's in for Law Revue? Any concerns about the insane amount of time it takes up?

User avatar
incompetentia
Posts: 2307
Joined: Thu Sep 30, 2010 2:57 pm

Re: NYU Class of 2014

Postby incompetentia » Wed Aug 03, 2011 9:14 am

shanemahsa wrote:Edit: BTW, who's in for Law Revue?

ran here
Any concerns about the insane amount of time it takes up?

Yeah. I'm just hoping my studying won't distract me from revue.

melamine
Posts: 196
Joined: Sat May 22, 2010 11:06 am

Re: NYU Class of 2014

Postby melamine » Wed Aug 03, 2011 12:12 pm

the debt ceiling deal - this doesn't affect our subsidized loans for grad school over the next three years, does it? I'm hearing some stuff from some of my former graduate student colleagues about elimination of subsidized loans for graduate students...

User avatar
spacepenguin
Posts: 533
Joined: Thu Dec 16, 2010 1:17 am

Re: NYU Class of 2014

Postby spacepenguin » Wed Aug 03, 2011 1:37 pm

melamine wrote:the debt ceiling deal - this doesn't affect our subsidized loans for grad school over the next three years, does it? I'm hearing some stuff from some of my former graduate student colleagues about elimination of subsidized loans for graduate students...



Subsidized loans for graduate students is capped at like 20K a year--a significant amount to be sure--but it could be worse. I mean, that's only $60k more one would have to pay interes...oh god noooo!!!!!!!! Though honestly, I'd be more worried about the elimination of IBR.

legalmindedfella
Posts: 137
Joined: Mon Jun 07, 2010 2:46 pm

Re: NYU Class of 2014

Postby legalmindedfella » Wed Aug 03, 2011 1:48 pm

Never know if it might jeopardize the new 10-year public interest loan forgiveness program, either. I kind of hope they do a special "worst-case scenarios of modern American governance" loans session during orientation

User avatar
whathojeeves
Posts: 489
Joined: Wed Dec 15, 2010 5:39 pm

Re: NYU Class of 2014

Postby whathojeeves » Wed Aug 03, 2011 1:49 pm

incompetentia wrote:
shanemahsa wrote:Edit: BTW, who's in for Law Revue?

ran here
Any concerns about the insane amount of time it takes up?

Yeah. I'm just hoping my studying won't distract me from revue.


You're my kind of people

User avatar
incompetentia
Posts: 2307
Joined: Thu Sep 30, 2010 2:57 pm

Re: NYU Class of 2014

Postby incompetentia » Wed Aug 03, 2011 2:34 pm

I believe the subsidized loans are axed for 2012 onward. For what it's worth, having the first year of subsidized loans means that our expected total increase is half of what it would be for people coming in next year.


I don't know what's going to happen to IBR, but I assume that NYU will go back to a privately-funded program if that ends up discontinued at some point as well.

melamine
Posts: 196
Joined: Sat May 22, 2010 11:06 am

Re: NYU Class of 2014

Postby melamine » Wed Aug 03, 2011 3:04 pm

how exactly is law revue organized/set up?

abg
Posts: 14
Joined: Thu Feb 03, 2011 12:25 pm

Re: NYU Class of 2014

Postby abg » Wed Aug 03, 2011 3:13 pm

thecilent wrote:Oh I'll def be down to ball


+1

cruelestgame
Posts: 349
Joined: Mon Sep 01, 2008 10:00 pm

Re: NYU Class of 2014

Postby cruelestgame » Wed Aug 03, 2011 3:33 pm

so my to do list just removed the 2011-2012 fafsa...just took like 6 months so i guess there's eventually hope for the mpn's

User avatar
whathojeeves
Posts: 489
Joined: Wed Dec 15, 2010 5:39 pm

Re: NYU Class of 2014

Postby whathojeeves » Wed Aug 03, 2011 4:01 pm

cruelestgame wrote:so my to do list just removed the 2011-2012 fafsa...just took like 6 months so i guess there's eventually hope for the mpn's


Ooooo me too. Yay!

melamine
Posts: 196
Joined: Sat May 22, 2010 11:06 am

Re: NYU Class of 2014

Postby melamine » Thu Aug 04, 2011 12:31 pm

oooh, so the e-mail says that the promissory note hasn't been signed. even though (if they just checked), they'd realize it was signed. and if you call the number they give you, it's just a "40 minute wait". great.

and the flute, from the music that they play when they put you on hold, is flat. thanks.
flat enough to make me not want to listen to 40 minutes worth. genius. *click*. i guess i'll just wait a few days and hopefully it will fix itself.

User avatar
birdlaw117
Posts: 2167
Joined: Thu Sep 16, 2010 12:19 am

Re: NYU Class of 2014

Postby birdlaw117 » Thu Aug 04, 2011 12:55 pm

Yeah, Albert's telling me that my note isn't signed either.

Melamine, let me know what they tell you. I'll probably have to call them this afternoon.

melamine
Posts: 196
Joined: Sat May 22, 2010 11:06 am

Re: NYU Class of 2014

Postby melamine » Thu Aug 04, 2011 1:07 pm

birdlaw117 wrote:Yeah, Albert's telling me that my note isn't signed either.

Melamine, let me know what they tell you. I'll probably have to call them this afternoon.



oh, i didn't end up waiting. I think the e-mails were sent out automatically, if something showed up in the "requested" or "hold" category - so they probably have no control over the e-mail going out. i bet they just need some time to get all their ducks in a row, and the MPNs should start registering soon.

is there anything due soon? i felt like something was due the 5th... but that was the final confirmation of enrollment, right? Just the immunization forms the 15th, and then paying our tuition via loans by the 15th or 17th?
Last edited by melamine on Thu Aug 04, 2011 1:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Ratchet Jackson
Posts: 2703
Joined: Wed Nov 17, 2010 6:41 pm

Re: NYU Class of 2014

Postby Ratchet Jackson » Thu Aug 04, 2011 1:07 pm

melamine wrote:
birdlaw117 wrote:Yeah, Albert's telling me that my note isn't signed either.

Melamine, let me know what they tell you. I'll probably have to call them this afternoon.



oh, i didn't end up waiting. I think the e-mails were sent out automatically, if something showed up in the "requested" or "hold" category - so they probably have no control over the e-mail going out. i bet they just need some time to get all their ducks in a row, and the MPNs should start registering soon.

is there anything due soon? i felt like something was due the 5th... but that was the final confirmation of enrollment, right? Just the immunization forms the 15th, and then paying our loans by the 15th or 17th?


Final Enrollment Confirmation is due on the 5th. You have until tomorrow.

Ludacrispat26
Posts: 179
Joined: Wed Jul 14, 2010 11:33 am

Re: NYU Class of 2014

Postby Ludacrispat26 » Thu Aug 04, 2011 2:22 pm

Anyone know how the Dean's Cup BBall team works? I think I'd be good enough to play, and it would be awesome to crush Columbia

User avatar
thecilent
Posts: 2506
Joined: Sat Dec 12, 2009 4:55 pm

Re: NYU Class of 2014

Postby thecilent » Thu Aug 04, 2011 3:02 pm

Ludacrispat26 wrote:Anyone know how the Dean's Cup BBall team works? I think I'd be good enough to play, and it would be awesome to crush Columbia

They hold some sort of tryouts in like jan or feb I think

User avatar
incompetentia
Posts: 2307
Joined: Thu Sep 30, 2010 2:57 pm

Re: NYU Class of 2014

Postby incompetentia » Thu Aug 04, 2011 3:13 pm

So...that dude who I thought declined his housing invitation because he refused to talk to me?


He's my actual roommate.
Time to try this shit again

User avatar
thecilent
Posts: 2506
Joined: Sat Dec 12, 2009 4:55 pm

Re: NYU Class of 2014

Postby thecilent » Thu Aug 04, 2011 3:37 pm

Haha Just got my roommates, too.

They're going to think I'm some weirdo cause I dont have my fbook. Ugh

User avatar
birdlaw117
Posts: 2167
Joined: Thu Sep 16, 2010 12:19 am

Re: NYU Class of 2014

Postby birdlaw117 » Thu Aug 04, 2011 3:38 pm

thecilent wrote:Haha Just got my roommates, too.

They're going to think I'm some weirdo cause I dont have my fbook. Ugh

You are a weirdo cause you don't have facebook...

User avatar
thecilent
Posts: 2506
Joined: Sat Dec 12, 2009 4:55 pm

Re: NYU Class of 2014

Postby thecilent » Thu Aug 04, 2011 3:46 pm

Roar roar I love not having my Facebook anymore.

User avatar
birdlaw117
Posts: 2167
Joined: Thu Sep 16, 2010 12:19 am

Re: NYU Class of 2014

Postby birdlaw117 » Thu Aug 04, 2011 3:50 pm

Yeah, I went a long time without having one. And I really didn't use it much once I got it back. Now I use it a little more, but it's more gonna be for meeting new people.

User avatar
Ratchet Jackson
Posts: 2703
Joined: Wed Nov 17, 2010 6:41 pm

Re: NYU Class of 2014

Postby Ratchet Jackson » Thu Aug 04, 2011 3:52 pm

As lame and cliche as it sounds, Facebook is actually a pretty decent networking tool.

Ludacrispat26
Posts: 179
Joined: Wed Jul 14, 2010 11:33 am

Re: NYU Class of 2014

Postby Ludacrispat26 » Thu Aug 04, 2011 4:08 pm

RJ127 wrote:As lame and cliche as it sounds, Facebook is actually a pretty decent networking tool.


Cosign.




Return to “TLS Class of 2014 Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest