NYU Class of 2014

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2014)
User avatar
arism87
Posts: 1311
Joined: Sat Sep 04, 2010 7:46 pm

Re: NYU Class of 2014

Postby arism87 » Tue Feb 22, 2011 1:59 pm

birdlaw117 wrote:Nice! It seems like not many TLSers are going to the first one.


Agreed- do you guys know where you're staying?

User avatar
birdlaw117
Posts: 2167
Joined: Thu Sep 16, 2010 12:19 am

Re: NYU Class of 2014

Postby birdlaw117 » Tue Feb 22, 2011 2:02 pm

arism87 wrote:
birdlaw117 wrote:Nice! It seems like not many TLSers are going to the first one.


Agreed- do you guys know where you're staying?

I found some steal of a deal on bookit.com, but I'm on my phone so I don't know the name of the hotel. I think it's on East 24th IIRC

mst
Posts: 925
Joined: Sun Jun 06, 2010 3:01 am

Re: NYU Class of 2014

Postby mst » Tue Feb 22, 2011 2:06 pm

also, the social chair fellow is on the nyu law class of 2014 facebook group helping people get set up with others for the night. easy way to save a couple hundred bucks + meet somebody new.

also also: if anybody can successfully login into nyuhome w/o the error message let me know

also also also: im very excited that i can create a custom address!
Last edited by mst on Tue Feb 22, 2011 2:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
arism87
Posts: 1311
Joined: Sat Sep 04, 2010 7:46 pm

Re: NYU Class of 2014

Postby arism87 » Tue Feb 22, 2011 2:07 pm

birdlaw117 wrote:
arism87 wrote:
birdlaw117 wrote:Nice! It seems like not many TLSers are going to the first one.


Agreed- do you guys know where you're staying?

I found some steal of a deal on bookit.com, but I'm on my phone so I don't know the name of the hotel. I think it's on East 24th IIRC


Hm is it close? I have some friends in the city I can stay with but they're pretty far away. Thinking I'm still leaning toward saving the money though.. can't decide.

User avatar
birdlaw117
Posts: 2167
Joined: Thu Sep 16, 2010 12:19 am

Re: NYU Class of 2014

Postby birdlaw117 » Tue Feb 22, 2011 2:11 pm

arism87 wrote:
birdlaw117 wrote:
arism87 wrote:
birdlaw117 wrote:Nice! It seems like not many TLSers are going to the first one.


Agreed- do you guys know where you're staying?

I found some steal of a deal on bookit.com, but I'm on my phone so I don't know the name of the hotel. I think it's on East 24th IIRC


Hm is it close? I have some friends in the city I can stay with but they're pretty far away. Thinking I'm still leaning toward saving the money though.. can't decide.

Well it's not walking distance by any means, but it's not too bad. If I were you I would stay with friends. Currently I don't know anyone in NYC not living in Queens, so I decided on hotel.

User avatar
thecilent
Posts: 2506
Joined: Sat Dec 12, 2009 4:55 pm

Re: NYU Class of 2014

Postby thecilent » Tue Feb 22, 2011 2:18 pm

I still can't decide which asw to go to. I was planning on the last one, but I just want to visitttt and see nyc friends now. Roarrr

User avatar
daisyduke
Posts: 310
Joined: Mon Nov 08, 2010 10:22 pm

Re: NYU Class of 2014

Postby daisyduke » Tue Feb 22, 2011 2:41 pm

dulcatis wrote:Starry & other GG fans: they're filming Gossip Girl near mah dormmmm!



Bahhhhh! So jealous!!

Also, I am going to the 2nd ASW... Anyone else?
I'm doing CLS on Thursday and NYU on Friday

chasgoose
Posts: 715
Joined: Fri Jan 07, 2011 10:18 pm

Re: NYU Class of 2014

Postby chasgoose » Tue Feb 22, 2011 3:08 pm

birdlaw117 wrote:
RJ127 wrote:
cruelestgame wrote:so would i be missing out if i skipped asw if i'm definitely attending?


Probably on the social aspect/meeting your future classmates.

Speaking of... Is anyone else planning on being at the March 3-4 ASW?


I'll be there. At least on the second day. I might just let my friend show me around the first day as I will probably be late.

cruelestgame
Posts: 349
Joined: Mon Sep 01, 2008 10:00 pm

Re: NYU Class of 2014

Postby cruelestgame » Tue Feb 22, 2011 5:42 pm

lsathalon wrote:You can set up a personal address that can be whatever you like. You'll still have the random one, but you can always give people the one you choose. It's under preferences at the top of the screen after you log in. Note that you can only change your personal one once a year, so pick one you like the first time!

i'm assuming this is capable only after it lets you log into nyuhome?

4102011
Posts: 1724
Joined: Sat Feb 06, 2010 9:00 pm

Re: NYU Class of 2014

Postby 4102011 » Tue Feb 22, 2011 5:55 pm

If you guys have any (basic) questions about NYUHome, I could probably answer them (NYU undergrad)

mst
Posts: 925
Joined: Sun Jun 06, 2010 3:01 am

Re: NYU Class of 2014

Postby mst » Tue Feb 22, 2011 6:04 pm

I'll be honest. I already like NYU. It's colors are more tolerable online than my undergrads. And aside from the NYU start page, their website looks like it was made after the year 1996, which is a new experience for me.

User avatar
swampthang
Posts: 435
Joined: Fri Apr 16, 2010 5:40 pm

Re: NYU Class of 2014

Postby swampthang » Tue Feb 22, 2011 6:17 pm

mst wrote:I'll be honest. I already like NYU. It's colors are more tolerable online than my undergrads. And aside from the NYU start page, their website looks like it was made after the year 1996, which is a new experience for me.


Seriously? Violet? I'm not sure I can imagine a worse color scheme. Except for the Brown University Bloody Stools. Oh, and WMU and BGSU aren't that hot- pretty much anything with brown loses.

vicuna
Posts: 208
Joined: Mon Jun 07, 2010 9:54 pm

Re: NYU Class of 2014

Postby vicuna » Tue Feb 22, 2011 8:49 pm

arism87 wrote:
birdlaw117 wrote:
RJ127 wrote:
cruelestgame wrote:so would i be missing out if i skipped asw if i'm definitely attending?


Probably on the social aspect/meeting your future classmates.

Speaking of... Is anyone else planning on being at the March 3-4 ASW?


I'll be there


Same.

User avatar
Ratchet Jackson
Posts: 2703
Joined: Wed Nov 17, 2010 6:41 pm

Re: NYU Class of 2014

Postby Ratchet Jackson » Tue Feb 22, 2011 8:50 pm

Are not that many people headed to the March 31/April 1 ASW?

mst
Posts: 925
Joined: Sun Jun 06, 2010 3:01 am

Re: NYU Class of 2014

Postby mst » Tue Feb 22, 2011 8:52 pm

RJ127 wrote:Are not that many people headed to the March 31/April 1 ASW?


I'm going. We can talk about how long we spent making our avatars and stuff.

User avatar
Ratchet Jackson
Posts: 2703
Joined: Wed Nov 17, 2010 6:41 pm

Re: NYU Class of 2014

Postby Ratchet Jackson » Tue Feb 22, 2011 8:57 pm

mst wrote:
RJ127 wrote:Are not that many people headed to the March 31/April 1 ASW?


I'm going. We can talk about how long we spent making our avatars and stuff.


Over drinks?

mst
Posts: 925
Joined: Sun Jun 06, 2010 3:01 am

Re: NYU Class of 2014

Postby mst » Tue Feb 22, 2011 9:23 pm

RJ127 wrote:
mst wrote:
RJ127 wrote:Are not that many people headed to the March 31/April 1 ASW?


I'm going. We can talk about how long we spent making our avatars and stuff.


Over drinks?


We're going to be lawyers. Of course. It's either that or cocaine and I'm a much bigger fan of the former.

User avatar
Ratchet Jackson
Posts: 2703
Joined: Wed Nov 17, 2010 6:41 pm

Re: NYU Class of 2014

Postby Ratchet Jackson » Tue Feb 22, 2011 9:39 pm

mst wrote:
RJ127 wrote:
mst wrote:
RJ127 wrote:Are not that many people headed to the March 31/April 1 ASW?


I'm going. We can talk about how long we spent making our avatars and stuff.


Over drinks?


We're going to be lawyers. Of course. It's either that or cocaine and I'm a much bigger fan of the former.


Touché. See you there my friend.

User avatar
clintonius
Posts: 1239
Joined: Mon Feb 08, 2010 1:50 am

Re: NYU Class of 2014

Postby clintonius » Tue Feb 22, 2011 10:35 pm

cruelestgame wrote:so would i be missing out if i skipped asw if i'm definitely attending?

I'm a bit late with this, but I recommend going even if you're sure you'll attend. Last year they gave out free t-shirts and supplied lots of beer. Primarily, you're likely to meet people who will be your friends during the year, and these people are probably not going to be in your section. Not only do you come into school knowing a few folks, but they can introduce you to others, and that makes life quite a bit easier for you.

User avatar
swampthang
Posts: 435
Joined: Fri Apr 16, 2010 5:40 pm

Re: NYU Class of 2014

Postby swampthang » Wed Feb 23, 2011 9:51 am

clintonius wrote:
cruelestgame wrote:so would i be missing out if i skipped asw if i'm definitely attending?

I'm a bit late with this, but I recommend going even if you're sure you'll attend. Last year they gave out free t-shirts and supplied lots of beer. Primarily, you're likely to meet people who will be your friends during the year, and these people are probably not going to be in your section. Not only do you come into school knowing a few folks, but they can introduce you to others, and that makes life quite a bit easier for you.


You had me at free t-shirts and beer. Sold.

User avatar
thecilent
Posts: 2506
Joined: Sat Dec 12, 2009 4:55 pm

Re: NYU Class of 2014

Postby thecilent » Wed Feb 23, 2011 3:03 pm

Just rsvpd for March 3-4. Do they do any kind of subsidy?

User avatar
gatorgirl4life
Posts: 354
Joined: Mon Dec 28, 2009 1:06 am

Re: NYU Class of 2014

Postby gatorgirl4life » Wed Feb 23, 2011 3:15 pm

mst wrote:I'll be honest. I already like NYU. It's colors are more tolerable online than my undergrads. And aside from the NYU start page, their website looks like it was made after the year 1996, which is a new experience for me.


psh orange and blue forever!

also, I guess I'll be one of the few TLSers attending the march 3-4 ASW. I'm staying with a couple friends in the city march 1-2 and with a student host march 3-4. SO EXCITED!!! :D

User avatar
law_monkey
Posts: 1709
Joined: Sun Nov 28, 2010 5:25 pm

Re: NYU Class of 2014

Postby law_monkey » Wed Feb 23, 2011 3:26 pm

gatorgirl4life wrote:
mst wrote:I'll be honest. I already like NYU. It's colors are more tolerable online than my undergrads. And aside from the NYU start page, their website looks like it was made after the year 1996, which is a new experience for me.


psh orange and blue forever!

also, I guess I'll be one of the few TLSers attending the march 3-4 ASW. I'm staying with a couple friends in the city march 1-2 and with a student host march 3-4. SO EXCITED!!! :D


Haha what are we going to do next fall when it's football season and we're all rooting for different teams? Class debates are going to have a lot of fire in them! But anyway let us know how the ASW goes!!! :D

User avatar
Ratchet Jackson
Posts: 2703
Joined: Wed Nov 17, 2010 6:41 pm

Re: NYU Class of 2014

Postby Ratchet Jackson » Wed Feb 23, 2011 3:27 pm

law_monkey wrote:
gatorgirl4life wrote:
mst wrote:I'll be honest. I already like NYU. It's colors are more tolerable online than my undergrads. And aside from the NYU start page, their website looks like it was made after the year 1996, which is a new experience for me.


psh orange and blue forever!

also, I guess I'll be one of the few TLSers attending the march 3-4 ASW. I'm staying with a couple friends in the city march 1-2 and with a student host march 3-4. SO EXCITED!!! :D


Haha what are we going to do next fall when it's football season and we're all rooting for different teams? Class debates are going to have a lot of fire in them! But anyway let us know how the ASW goes!!! :D


Oh. I see what you did there... :roll:

User avatar
swampthang
Posts: 435
Joined: Fri Apr 16, 2010 5:40 pm

Re: NYU Class of 2014

Postby swampthang » Wed Feb 23, 2011 3:50 pm

law_monkey wrote:
gatorgirl4life wrote:
mst wrote:I'll be honest. I already like NYU. It's colors are more tolerable online than my undergrads. And aside from the NYU start page, their website looks like it was made after the year 1996, which is a new experience for me.


psh orange and blue forever!

also, I guess I'll be one of the few TLSers attending the march 3-4 ASW. I'm staying with a couple friends in the city march 1-2 and with a student host march 3-4. SO EXCITED!!! :D


Haha what are we going to do next fall when it's football season and we're all rooting for different teams? Class debates are going to have a lot of fire in them! But anyway let us know how the ASW goes!!! :D


Roll our eyes at the pasty, chunky Ivy Leaguers who could care less about sports? Or stuff them into lockers. I'm down with either.




Return to “TLS Class of 2014 Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest