NYU Class of 2014

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2014)
User avatar
incompetentia
Posts: 2307
Joined: Thu Sep 30, 2010 2:57 pm

Re: NYU Class of 2014

Postby incompetentia » Wed May 04, 2011 4:24 pm

So am I the only first-pile reject at Harvard around here? 8)

neyaae
Posts: 72
Joined: Fri Dec 10, 2010 7:06 pm

Re: NYU Class of 2014

Postby neyaae » Wed May 04, 2011 4:25 pm

So what are these Google Education Apps and how do I get to them? Do they offer anything good that I might need before school?

User avatar
birdlaw117
Posts: 2167
Joined: Thu Sep 16, 2010 12:19 am

Re: NYU Class of 2014

Postby birdlaw117 » Wed May 04, 2011 4:35 pm

incompetentia wrote:So am I the only first-pile reject at Harvard around here? 8)

Obviously we're in it together.

thegrayman
Posts: 495
Joined: Thu May 06, 2010 5:56 pm

Re: NYU Class of 2014

Postby thegrayman » Wed May 04, 2011 4:36 pm

Harvard thought I sucked as well

:oops:


that said, the big purple envelope more than made up for it

User avatar
incompetentia
Posts: 2307
Joined: Thu Sep 30, 2010 2:57 pm

Re: NYU Class of 2014

Postby incompetentia » Wed May 04, 2011 4:59 pm

birdlaw117 wrote:
incompetentia wrote:So am I the only first-pile reject at Harvard around here? 8)

Obviously we're in it together.

Image
I'm smiling through the Botox.

User avatar
hotthaichick
Posts: 121
Joined: Mon Jan 11, 2010 7:59 am

Re: NYU Class of 2014

Postby hotthaichick » Wed May 04, 2011 4:59 pm

So I just got into UChicago from the waitlist. Uh oh...

User avatar
incompetentia
Posts: 2307
Joined: Thu Sep 30, 2010 2:57 pm

Re: NYU Class of 2014

Postby incompetentia » Wed May 04, 2011 5:03 pm

hotthaichick wrote:So I just got into UChicago from the waitlist. Uh oh...

Chicago has more clouds, a crappier town around its campus, and a tiny tiny tiny social circle. Who would want to hang out with those squares?


Right!?!?!
:lol:

User avatar
Muenchen
Posts: 1197
Joined: Tue Mar 09, 2010 4:42 pm

Re: NYU Class of 2014

Postby Muenchen » Wed May 04, 2011 5:19 pm

hotthaichick wrote:So I just got into UChicago from the waitlist. Uh oh...


:wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:

Hi there.

User avatar
incompetentia
Posts: 2307
Joined: Thu Sep 30, 2010 2:57 pm

Re: NYU Class of 2014

Postby incompetentia » Wed May 04, 2011 5:20 pm

Muenchen wrote:
hotthaichick wrote:So I just got into UChicago from the waitlist. Uh oh...


:wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:

Hi there.

Chicago scum, halt! You are not welcome in these parts.

somewhere
Posts: 233
Joined: Sat Jan 08, 2011 12:38 am

Re: NYU Class of 2014

Postby somewhere » Wed May 04, 2011 5:20 pm

law_monkey wrote:
I think I just made up my mind to withdraw! :D Not that I think I have a chance anyway, but I have come to realize that Harvard just isn't for me. Obviously it's a great school, but I'm in love with the PI-ness that is NYU! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:


Good choice! :P

User avatar
Muenchen
Posts: 1197
Joined: Tue Mar 09, 2010 4:42 pm

Re: NYU Class of 2014

Postby Muenchen » Wed May 04, 2011 5:28 pm

incompetentia wrote:
Muenchen wrote:
hotthaichick wrote:So I just got into UChicago from the waitlist. Uh oh...


:wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:

Hi there.

Chicago scum, halt! You are not welcome in these parts.


Image

User avatar
Non-Chalant1
Posts: 852
Joined: Thu Jul 03, 2008 1:54 pm

Re: NYU Class of 2014

Postby Non-Chalant1 » Wed May 04, 2011 6:00 pm

law_monkey wrote:
Non-Chalant1 wrote:
mcweanis wrote:i just got a JR1!!

i love you all, but if i get in to harvard, i'm going to harvard..

I go back to what I said when people talked about riding the waitlist at Harvard about all the "I'm no prestige whore" people having a change of heart suddenly. J/K


But seriously congrats...you're probably golden...but I must warn you that New England doesn't take as kindly to rodents as NYC.

P.S. I know no one that is working 70 hours a week at a firm. But if that is the case...why do law students always assume that they'll work less hours in other jobs? The AUSAs I've come across work ridicolous hours as well. You enter this profession you're working a bunch of hours.

Working a bunch of hours and making 6 figures>>>> 9 to 5 as a Bank Clerk

Mind you I hope to work for the DOJ some day...I'm just saying.


I think I just made up my mind to withdraw! :D Not that I think I have a chance anyway, but I have come to realize that Harvard just isn't for me. Obviously it's a great school, but I'm in love with the PI-ness that is NYU! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
You've never visited Harvard or met the incoming class. Or maybe you did visit? I forgot. NYU is great. But my philosophy with every app was...I paid for it...I will find out my decision, even if I'm not going. I only withddrew from places I knew I wasn't going to and had fee waivers. But you're going to dominate wherever you go.

User avatar
Non-Chalant1
Posts: 852
Joined: Thu Jul 03, 2008 1:54 pm

Re: NYU Class of 2014

Postby Non-Chalant1 » Wed May 04, 2011 6:02 pm

Muenchen wrote:
hotthaichick wrote:So I just got into UChicago from the waitlist. Uh oh...


:wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:

Hi there.

How did you even see this lol? Do you have a Chicago tracker? *Looks at her username* *Regrets withdrawal* :(

User avatar
incompetentia
Posts: 2307
Joined: Thu Sep 30, 2010 2:57 pm

Re: NYU Class of 2014

Postby incompetentia » Wed May 04, 2011 6:11 pm

Non-Chalant1 wrote:
Muenchen wrote:
hotthaichick wrote:So I just got into UChicago from the waitlist. Uh oh...


:wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:

Hi there.

How did you even see this lol? Do you have a Chicago tracker? *Looks at her username* *Regrets withdrawal* :(

HE HAS SPIES

User avatar
law_monkey
Posts: 1709
Joined: Sun Nov 28, 2010 5:25 pm

Re: NYU Class of 2014

Postby law_monkey » Wed May 04, 2011 6:14 pm

Non-Chalant1 wrote:
law_monkey wrote:
Non-Chalant1 wrote:
mcweanis wrote:i just got a JR1!!

i love you all, but if i get in to harvard, i'm going to harvard..

I go back to what I said when people talked about riding the waitlist at Harvard about all the "I'm no prestige whore" people having a change of heart suddenly. J/K


But seriously congrats...you're probably golden...but I must warn you that New England doesn't take as kindly to rodents as NYC.

P.S. I know no one that is working 70 hours a week at a firm. But if that is the case...why do law students always assume that they'll work less hours in other jobs? The AUSAs I've come across work ridicolous hours as well. You enter this profession you're working a bunch of hours.

Working a bunch of hours and making 6 figures>>>> 9 to 5 as a Bank Clerk

Mind you I hope to work for the DOJ some day...I'm just saying.


I think I just made up my mind to withdraw! :D Not that I think I have a chance anyway, but I have come to realize that Harvard just isn't for me. Obviously it's a great school, but I'm in love with the PI-ness that is NYU! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
You've never visited Harvard or met the incoming class. Or maybe you did visit? I forgot. NYU is great. But my philosophy with every app was...I paid for it...I will find out my decision, even if I'm not going. I only withddrew from places I knew I wasn't going to and had fee waivers. But you're going to dominate wherever you go.


Yeah I did visit. My love stemmed from the fact that it was Harvard and not really anything else. I feel like it would be CLS 2.0 where I get sucked into the hype because everyone else is and then as soon as I got in I realized it wasn't what I wanted. To each their own. :)

User avatar
Ratchet Jackson
Posts: 2703
Joined: Wed Nov 17, 2010 6:41 pm

Re: NYU Class of 2014

Postby Ratchet Jackson » Wed May 04, 2011 6:16 pm

Non-Chalant1 wrote:
Muenchen wrote:
hotthaichick wrote:So I just got into UChicago from the waitlist. Uh oh...


:wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:

Hi there.

How did you even see this lol? Do you have a Chicago tracker? *Looks at her username* *Regrets withdrawal* :(


You know better than to believe everything you read my dude. You know damn well all of the XMzDiMePieCeX users on Myspace weren't all dimes...

User avatar
ahduth
Posts: 2468
Joined: Wed Sep 29, 2010 10:55 am

Re: NYU Class of 2014

Postby ahduth » Wed May 04, 2011 6:18 pm

birdlaw117 wrote:
incompetentia wrote:So am I the only first-pile reject at Harvard around here? 8)

Obviously we're in it together.


First pile reject. Big ups.

User avatar
birdlaw117
Posts: 2167
Joined: Thu Sep 16, 2010 12:19 am

Re: NYU Class of 2014

Postby birdlaw117 » Wed May 04, 2011 6:20 pm

RJ127 wrote:
Non-Chalant1 wrote:
Muenchen wrote:
hotthaichick wrote:So I just got into UChicago from the waitlist. Uh oh...


:wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:

Hi there.

How did you even see this lol? Do you have a Chicago tracker? *Looks at her username* *Regrets withdrawal* :(


You know better than to believe everything you read my dude. You know damn well all of the XMzDiMePieCeX users on Myspace weren't all dimes...

WHAT?!? You're joking... right? :lol:

User avatar
Non-Chalant1
Posts: 852
Joined: Thu Jul 03, 2008 1:54 pm

Re: NYU Class of 2014

Postby Non-Chalant1 » Wed May 04, 2011 6:22 pm

RJ127 wrote:
Non-Chalant1 wrote:
Muenchen wrote:
hotthaichick wrote:So I just got into UChicago from the waitlist. Uh oh...


:wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:

Hi there.

How did you even see this lol? Do you have a Chicago tracker? *Looks at her username* *Regrets withdrawal* :(


You know better than to believe everything you read my dude. You know damn well all of the XMzDiMePieCeX users on Myspace weren't all dimes...

True story....plus they took all those pics for awkward side angles :lol: The vintage myspace pose

User avatar
Ratchet Jackson
Posts: 2703
Joined: Wed Nov 17, 2010 6:41 pm

Re: NYU Class of 2014

Postby Ratchet Jackson » Wed May 04, 2011 6:26 pm

Non-Chalant1 wrote:True story....plus they took all those pics for awkward side angles :lol: The vintage myspace pose


Once girls on Myspace discovered kissy faces, over-sized sunglasses, tricky angles and Macbook filters, all single males were doomed.

User avatar
re-applicant
Posts: 193
Joined: Mon Aug 23, 2010 5:26 pm

Re: NYU Class of 2014

Postby re-applicant » Wed May 04, 2011 6:52 pm

RJ127 wrote:
Non-Chalant1 wrote:True story....plus they took all those pics for awkward side angles :lol: The vintage myspace pose


Once girls on Myspace discovered kissy faces, over-sized sunglasses, tricky angles and Macbook filters, all single males were doomed.


LOL @ your avatar. That video was ridiculous.

User avatar
hotthaichick
Posts: 121
Joined: Mon Jan 11, 2010 7:59 am

Re: NYU Class of 2014

Postby hotthaichick » Wed May 04, 2011 7:07 pm

Non-Chalant1 wrote:
Muenchen wrote:
hotthaichick wrote:So I just got into UChicago from the waitlist. Uh oh...


:wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:

Hi there.

How did you even see this lol? Do you have a Chicago tracker? *Looks at her username* *Regrets withdrawal* :(


Don't be a jerk. I regret the username choice too but I have been too lazy to change it (initially wasn't planning on ever posting) And yeah I'm still figuring out what to do.

User avatar
Ratchet Jackson
Posts: 2703
Joined: Wed Nov 17, 2010 6:41 pm

Re: NYU Class of 2014

Postby Ratchet Jackson » Wed May 04, 2011 7:10 pm

hotthaichick wrote:
Non-Chalant1 wrote:
Muenchen wrote:
hotthaichick wrote:So I just got into UChicago from the waitlist. Uh oh...


:wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:

Hi there.

How did you even see this lol? Do you have a Chicago tracker? *Looks at her username* *Regrets withdrawal* :(


Don't be a jerk. I regret the username choice too but I have been too lazy to change it (initially wasn't planning on ever posting) And yeah I'm still figuring out what to do.


We were just bustin' chops.

TCR is NYU though, obviously 8)

User avatar
hotthaichick
Posts: 121
Joined: Mon Jan 11, 2010 7:59 am

Re: NYU Class of 2014

Postby hotthaichick » Wed May 04, 2011 7:13 pm

Ah ok. Guess I'm a little sensitive about the name because I find it embarrassing haha. It was a middle school joke that I used for AIM and now use as a random name when I need one. And then I start to get identified with it as a semi-adult...

And yeah NYU probably is the correct response but I am still going to visit Chicago and see for myself.

User avatar
Ratchet Jackson
Posts: 2703
Joined: Wed Nov 17, 2010 6:41 pm

Re: NYU Class of 2014

Postby Ratchet Jackson » Wed May 04, 2011 7:16 pm

hotthaichick wrote:Ah ok. Guess I'm a little sensitive about the name because I find it embarrassing haha. It was a middle school joke that I used for AIM and now use as a random name when I need one. And then I start to get identified with it as a semi-adult...

And yeah NYU probably is the correct response but I am still going to visit Chicago and see for myself.


Sounds good. Let us know how the visit goes and the status of your decision.

And if you really want to change your username, PM a mod. They can do it for you.




Return to “TLS Class of 2014 Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests