NYU Class of 2014 Forum

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2014)
fate12

New

Re: NYU Class of 2014

Post by fate12 » Mon Jul 04, 2011 12:37 pm

Hey!

I currently live in ny and I'm working at a law firm as a paralegal. I deferred from UChicago for a year and I will be attending in Fall 2012. I am looking for a roommate to find an apartment with in NY for the next year. I am open to living around the NYU area and I am a ny-native so I know a ton about apartments/negotiating/etc. I think it'd be cool to live with a law student for the next year.

If there are any females looking for a roommate send me a message or email me at shiad22@yahoo.com.

Thanks!

thecilent

Gold

Post by thecilent » Tue Jul 05, 2011 1:07 am

Pshhh choosing chi over nyu? Don't do it, girls

Ratchet Jackson

Gold

Post by Ratchet Jackson » Tue Jul 05, 2011 11:58 am

thecilent wrote:Pshhh choosing chi over nyu? Don't do it, girls
This x 1000000.

ahduth

Gold

Post by ahduth » Thu Jul 07, 2011 10:49 am

Looking for apartments in New York is a nightmare. Anyone have 30 grand they can give me, so I can expand my search parameters a bit?

ninny

New

Post by ninny » Thu Jul 07, 2011 1:12 pm

i know this is a stupid question but i am trying to fill out these medical record forms and i can't for the life of me figure out what the nyu student id number is. help! thanks so much.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

ahduth

Gold

Post by ahduth » Thu Jul 07, 2011 3:24 pm

ninny wrote:i know this is a stupid question but i am trying to fill out these medical record forms and i can't for the life of me figure out what the nyu student id number is. help! thanks so much.
I got mine in an email entitled, "NYU Law: Update for Deposited Students." Otherwise just call them and make them give it to you.

whathojeeves

Bronze

Post by whathojeeves » Thu Jul 07, 2011 3:36 pm

ahduth wrote:
ninny wrote:i know this is a stupid question but i am trying to fill out these medical record forms and i can't for the life of me figure out what the nyu student id number is. help! thanks so much.
I got mine in an email entitled, "NYU Law: Update for Deposited Students." Otherwise just call them and make them give it to you.
It might be on some of the paperwork NYU sent you after you deposited (don't have it all in front of me right now to check) -- it starts with an "N" and then is followed by 8 numbers.

lzyovrachievr

Gold

Post by lzyovrachievr » Thu Jul 07, 2011 4:28 pm

ahduth wrote:Looking for apartments in New York is a nightmare. Anyone have 30 grand they can give me, so I can expand my search parameters a bit?
Oh, god. I know what you mean. It would be much, much simpler if I could do it while in NY, though.

Anyone heard anything about loans yet?

birdlaw117

Gold

Post by birdlaw117 » Thu Jul 07, 2011 4:40 pm

lzyovrachievr wrote:
ahduth wrote:Looking for apartments in New York is a nightmare. Anyone have 30 grand they can give me, so I can expand my search parameters a bit?
Oh, god. I know what you mean. It would be much, much simpler if I could do it while in NY, though.

Anyone heard anything about loans yet?
The loan stuff is starting to frustrate me. Thankfully, we're all in the same boat, so I guess there's safety in numbers...

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

lzyovrachievr

Gold

Post by lzyovrachievr » Thu Jul 07, 2011 4:43 pm

birdlaw117 wrote: The loan stuff is starting to frustrate me. Thankfully, we're all in the same boat, so I guess there's safety in numbers...
Yea, they had said that if we don't apply by the end of July, it could delay processing of loans so that we might not have them in early August.

The first tuition payment is August 5th, right? This stuff is a bit stressful. I'm always afraid I'm doing something wrong, and since I haven't gotten info from them, I might be.

Also I never received a packet in the mail, since I'm out of the country, so I'm afraid I'm missing deadlines.

/Neurotic, useless worrying

ahduth

Gold

Post by ahduth » Thu Jul 07, 2011 4:50 pm

They said mid-July right?

whathojeeves

Bronze

Post by whathojeeves » Thu Jul 07, 2011 4:51 pm

lzyovrachievr wrote:
birdlaw117 wrote: The loan stuff is starting to frustrate me. Thankfully, we're all in the same boat, so I guess there's safety in numbers...
Yea, they had said that if we don't apply by the end of July, it could delay processing of loans so that we might not have them in early August.

The first tuition payment is August 5th, right? This stuff is a bit stressful. I'm always afraid I'm doing something wrong, and since I haven't gotten info from them, I might be.

Also I never received a packet in the mail, since I'm out of the country, so I'm afraid I'm missing deadlines.

I'm pretty sure that disbursement doesn't actually occur until after tuition is due (I want to say the date is sometime during the first week of school) but the bursar "credits" us for the amount if the loans are already approved/in process and then deducts tuition from the loan once it does disburse and issues the rest to us.

teaadntoast

Bronze

Post by teaadntoast » Thu Jul 07, 2011 5:56 pm

lzyovrachievr wrote:

The packet isn't a big deal. You need to forward a college questionnaire to your school to complete (it's basically a Dean's Certification) and request a new copy of your transcript for admissions.

The deadline was July 5, but I'm sure if you call or e-mail and explain that you're abroad (if you haven't already), you'll be fine.

You do, however, need to find a way to complete the medical history form and forward your vaccination records to Student Health ASAP. NY State Law won't allow you to enroll if the school doesn't have that information by a particular date in August - I believe the 18th.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

lzyovrachievr

Gold

Post by lzyovrachievr » Thu Jul 07, 2011 6:00 pm

^^^Appreciate the responses, guys. Thanks.

shanemahsa

Silver

Post by shanemahsa » Thu Jul 07, 2011 8:49 pm

whathojeeves wrote:
ahduth wrote:
It might be on some of the paperwork NYU sent you after you deposited (don't have it all in front of me right now to check) -- it starts with an "N" and then is followed by 8 numbers.
Also you can log-in to https://home.nyu.edu/ and then click "Preferences" way up at the top. It'll show your university ID# on the left. :)

thecilent

Gold

Post by thecilent » Thu Jul 07, 2011 11:21 pm

Yeah you can get your ID on the nyuhome.

Shit all is kinda stressful and annoying, but it all works out. Just gotta do everything and wait it all out

/weird drunken encouragement

Ratchet Jackson

Gold

Post by Ratchet Jackson » Thu Jul 07, 2011 11:25 pm

thecilent wrote:Yeah you can get your ID on the nyuhome.

Shit all is kinda stressful and annoying, but it all works out. Just gotta do everything and wait it all out

/weird drunken encouragement
Save your liver for our debacherous nights in West Village, bro.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

thecilent

Gold

Post by thecilent » Thu Jul 07, 2011 11:31 pm

lol trust me, having fun is always my number one priority. schoolwork and gunning is second

lzyovrachievr

Gold

Post by lzyovrachievr » Fri Jul 08, 2011 4:16 am

I've kind of forgotten over the course of this thread. How's everyone doing on housing? Many people doing on campus housing or are many others also getting screwed by the housing market?

sgtgrumbles

Silver

Post by sgtgrumbles » Fri Jul 08, 2011 11:44 am

lzyovrachievr wrote:I've kind of forgotten over the course of this thread. How's everyone doing on housing? Many people doing on campus housing or are many others also getting screwed by the housing market?
I moved into a one bedroom in Boerum Hill in Brooklyn with my SO about a week ago. We love it so far. I haven't tested the subway ride to NYU yet, but I think it should take 20 minutes or so.

cruelestgame

Bronze

Post by cruelestgame » Fri Jul 08, 2011 1:58 pm

i somehow got three of the college questionnaire/med form packets...all on different days

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

lzyovrachievr

Gold

Post by lzyovrachievr » Fri Jul 08, 2011 2:29 pm

sgtgrumbles wrote: I moved into a one bedroom in Boerum Hill in Brooklyn with my SO about a week ago. We love it so far. I haven't tested the subway ride to NYU yet, but I think it should take 20 minutes or so.
Awesome. I was looking for some places in Brooklyn because I thought it might be nice to have some actual space in my apartment that I can afford. Boerum Hill apartments don't pop up frequently enough on padmapper, though.

lzyovrachievr

Gold

Post by lzyovrachievr » Fri Jul 08, 2011 2:31 pm

cruelestgame wrote:i somehow got three of the college questionnaire/med form packets...all on different days
They really want you to have been healthy and behaviorally disciplined in college.

thsmthcrmnl

Bronze

Post by thsmthcrmnl » Fri Jul 08, 2011 6:35 pm

lzyovrachievr wrote:Awesome. I was looking for some places in Brooklyn because I thought it might be nice to have some actual space in my apartment that I can afford. Boerum Hill apartments don't pop up frequently enough on padmapper, though.
I found mine in Boerum Hill on Craigslist. It takes some intense running around though.

lzyovrachievr

Gold

Post by lzyovrachievr » Sat Jul 09, 2011 4:12 am

thsmthcrmnl wrote: I found mine in Boerum Hill on Craigslist. It takes some intense running around though.
Yea, I've been looking hours a day for a month or so. But I'm not in New York, so I can't check out places. I had my cousin check out one, but only because I was sure I liked it. We'll see what happens on it.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “TLS Class of 2014 Forum”