NYU Class of 2014 Forum

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2014)
Ratchet Jackson

Gold

Re: NYU Class of 2014

Post by Ratchet Jackson » Mon Apr 11, 2011 2:37 pm

law_monkey wrote:
Non-Chalant1 wrote:
law_monkey wrote:Lol I thought you were already doing that anyway.
Nah, I didn't officially do anything. CLS and NYU are the only schools I haven't withdrawn from. I'm waiting on one school and then I'll see what I decide to do. But that's still a 2/3 chance of seeing me in NYC next year. I think I can still do some money bargaining based on the email conversations I had when I let that scholly expire.
Oh that's cool. I think that by the sense of love and community in this thread, you should clearly realize that NYU is TCR. :D
He's thinking about the $$$$$$$.

thecilent

Gold

Post by thecilent » Mon Apr 11, 2011 2:38 pm

RJ127 wrote:
law_monkey wrote:
Non-Chalant1 wrote:
law_monkey wrote:Lol I thought you were already doing that anyway.
Nah, I didn't officially do anything. CLS and NYU are the only schools I haven't withdrawn from. I'm waiting on one school and then I'll see what I decide to do. But that's still a 2/3 chance of seeing me in NYC next year. I think I can still do some money bargaining based on the email conversations I had when I let that scholly expire.
Oh that's cool. I think that by the sense of love and community in this thread, you should clearly realize that NYU is TCR. :D
He's thinking about the $$$$$$$.
Eff the $$ and job prospects.. does he want to win the dean's cup or not? If so, I think we know where he should enroll

mcweanis

Bronze

Post by mcweanis » Mon Apr 11, 2011 2:39 pm

Non-Chalant1 wrote:
RJ127 wrote:
mcweanis wrote:new avatar of my pet rattie. just sayin'.
You can find plenty of friends for your rat in NYC :mrgreen:
Disgusting....but witty LOL
it already has two rattie friends.. but i can't bring any of them to school, i've just been taking care of them for a few months for a friend. i AM bringing my gerbils though!

birdlaw117

Gold

Post by birdlaw117 » Mon Apr 11, 2011 3:07 pm

Wtf, I'm in class for an hour and THIS happens? Ridiculous. Also, I should probably start getting my hands on a basketball again. I haven't played in so long!

glitched

Silver

Post by glitched » Mon Apr 11, 2011 4:08 pm

i am so fckin cracked out right now... what is going onnn? are we talking about rats... or genitalia? cause depending on the answer... i got a mau5trap for you. (:

hahahahahaha.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

law_monkey

Gold

Post by law_monkey » Mon Apr 11, 2011 4:12 pm

glitched wrote:i am so fckin cracked out right now... what is going onnn? are we talking about rats... or genitalia? cause depending on the answer... i got a mau5trap for you. (:

hahahahahaha.
Um whoa. Wtf?

glitched

Silver

Post by glitched » Mon Apr 11, 2011 4:13 pm

LOL sorry. I am soooooooo tired. and a bit confused about what is going on in this thread.

law_monkey

Gold

Post by law_monkey » Mon Apr 11, 2011 4:23 pm

glitched wrote:LOL sorry. I am soooooooo tired. and a bit confused about what is going on in this thread.
Hahahahaha it's all been very literal. Basketball, gunners, and rats are all that's going on here.

thecilent

Gold

Post by thecilent » Mon Apr 11, 2011 4:38 pm

law_monkey wrote:
glitched wrote:LOL sorry. I am soooooooo tired. and a bit confused about what is going on in this thread.
Hahahahaha it's all been very literal. Basketball, gunners, and rats are all that's going on here.
Yeah sorry to disappoint you, glitched

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

mcweanis

Bronze

Post by mcweanis » Mon Apr 11, 2011 5:58 pm

Withdrawing from cls and the Chicago waitlist today.. Just need those S and H rejections and I'm home free for nyu :)

law_monkey

Gold

Post by law_monkey » Mon Apr 11, 2011 6:10 pm

mcweanis wrote:Withdrawing from cls and the Chicago waitlist today.. Just need those S and H rejections and I'm home free for nyu :)
Yeah I'm still waiting on H too, but I've basically been exploding with NYU love for a week now so it's all over for me. :D

Ratchet Jackson

Gold

Post by Ratchet Jackson » Mon Apr 11, 2011 6:12 pm

law_monkey wrote:
mcweanis wrote:Withdrawing from cls and the Chicago waitlist today.. Just need those S and H rejections and I'm home free for nyu :)
Yeah I'm still waiting on H too, but I've basically been exploding with NYU love for a week now so it's all over for me. :D
Would you really consider H at sticker over NYU w/ RTK?

somewhere

Bronze

Post by somewhere » Mon Apr 11, 2011 6:19 pm

RJ127 wrote:
law_monkey wrote:
As for me: nope.

Withdrawing from everywhere else. (Including apps to H/S)

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

law_monkey

Gold

Post by law_monkey » Mon Apr 11, 2011 6:46 pm

RJ127 wrote:
law_monkey wrote:
No it's just pure curiosity of what H is going to do with me.

glitched

Silver

Post by glitched » Mon Apr 11, 2011 6:50 pm

anyone start looking into this yet?

http://www.law.nyu.edu/academics/course ... /index.htm
http://www.law.nyu.edu/students/student ... /index.htm

Does anyone know a current NYU student who can help us in scheduling? Basically finding the best professors and the best electives to take.

law_monkey

Gold

Post by law_monkey » Mon Apr 11, 2011 7:04 pm

glitched wrote:anyone start looking into this yet?

Does anyone know a current NYU student who can help us in scheduling? Basically finding the best professors and the best electives to take.
I have to focus on the classes I'm finishing naooo before I look at that stuff. :(

glitched

Silver

Post by glitched » Mon Apr 11, 2011 7:10 pm

law_monkey wrote:

I have to focus on the classes I'm finishing naooo before I look at that stuff. :(
well i guess you're gonna have to be late to the gun show.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

law_monkey

Gold

Post by law_monkey » Mon Apr 11, 2011 7:14 pm

glitched wrote:
law_monkey wrote:

There go my gunnerish tendencies from earlier today. See everyone - I'm not a threat after all. :mrgreen:

Ratchet Jackson

Gold

Post by Ratchet Jackson » Mon Apr 11, 2011 7:16 pm

law_monkey wrote:
glitched wrote:
law_monkey wrote:

There go my gunnerish tendencies from earlier today. See everyone - I'm not a threat after all. :mrgreen:
Blatant attempt to throw us off your trail. We're on to you.

chasgoose

Silver

Post by chasgoose » Mon Apr 11, 2011 7:17 pm

Not really. It's not like we are going to have any choice in the matter next year anyways (except for one elective second semester). I figure we will have a good idea once we have already been there for a year so it's not really worth worrying about now.

Also did anyone who received a Dean's Scholarship get an e-mail from a faculty member? I am trying to come up with a question I can ask so I don't just respond with a simple thank you...but I feel like I have no idea what I am talking about and don't want to seem like a stupid 0L.
Last edited by chasgoose on Mon Apr 11, 2011 7:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

birdlaw117

Gold

Post by birdlaw117 » Mon Apr 11, 2011 7:17 pm

law_monkey wrote:
glitched wrote:
law_monkey wrote:

Don't try and trick us. We're on to you and your gunnerish ways!

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

glitched

Silver

Post by glitched » Mon Apr 11, 2011 7:21 pm

honestly... everyone should be a "gunner." why not? this is your one opportunity to set the course of your future career. might as well study hard so that you can play hard one day on your boat instead of constantly worrying about your crushing debt and becoming the case for another NYT article scaring children away from LS.

BTW. I don't mean gunner as the guy who answers every question by the professor and asking questions that he already knows the answer to just to show everyone that he knows the answer. Or the guy who checks out books so that other people can't use them, or gives out wrong information on purpose. I call those people douchebags. I mean gunner as someone who will always work hard, help others reach their potential, and dream of becoming great.

lol random rant I suppose.

law_monkey

Gold

Post by law_monkey » Mon Apr 11, 2011 7:36 pm

glitched wrote:honestly... everyone should be a "gunner." why not? this is your one opportunity to set the course of your future career. might as well study hard so that you can play hard one day on your boat instead of constantly worrying about your crushing debt and becoming the case for another NYT article scaring children away from LS.

BTW. I don't mean gunner as the guy who answers every question by the professor and asking questions that he already knows the answer to just to show everyone that he knows the answer. Or the guy who checks out books so that other people can't use them, or gives out wrong information on purpose. I call those people douchebags. I mean gunner as someone who will always work hard, help others reach their potential, and dream of becoming great.

lol random rant I suppose.
Yeah nope. I'm busy revving my engine to take everyone down. :twisted:

Haha jk. In all actuality I should already be concerned about my impending failure considering how much time I've spent on TLS this past semester despite how much work I had to do. Epic fail on my part. Hopefully I get some sense of discipline back by August!

abg

New

Post by abg » Mon Apr 11, 2011 8:28 pm

I'll be sending my deposit to NYU this week. Glad to join what looks like a great class

Ratchet Jackson

Gold

Post by Ratchet Jackson » Mon Apr 11, 2011 8:47 pm

abg wrote:I'll be sending my deposit to NYU this week. Glad to join what looks like a great class
Everybody ITT seems like good people 8)

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “TLS Class of 2014 Forum”