NYU Class of 2014 Forum

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2014)
Siamsa414

Bronze

Re: NYU Class of 2014

Post by Siamsa414 » Thu Jul 28, 2011 1:13 pm

I did maybe 10 prep tests, and a good number of individual timed sections. I also did the PowerScore LG and LR bibles. If I had to take an LSAT cold today, I think I'd probably bomb the LG section.

melamine

Bronze

Post by melamine » Thu Jul 28, 2011 1:24 pm

Well, i was going to say - you should look over old law school exams for the classes we'll be taking in the fall. (you can access them online, along with class notes for classes with some of the professors we'll have in the fall). It's hard to see how logic games directly translates into any of that stuff - a lot of just analysis and seeing how laws apply to facts. LEEWS might seem like a waste of time, but sometimes you just need to actually get into the practice of taking a test before you go "oh...yeah. i can see how X helps" - knowing how vs. knowing that. so i'm willing to listen through the rest of it... we'll see.

incompetentia

Gold

Post by incompetentia » Thu Jul 28, 2011 1:32 pm

ahduth wrote:
inck wrote:I think I ended up taking about 15 PTs and folding all of my drilling into that. Not doing any 0L prep...my work needs me here until the 19th as it is so...

Also, I'd heard somewhere that this book was pretty much ready to go a long time ago, but then he ended up doing almost a full rewrite?
3 years/book seems much more reasonable than 6
You mean DWD or the next one? I refuse to look at anything Game of Thrones-related on the web until I've read the entire book. People can sometimes seriously lack circumspection with respect to spoilers.
DWD - this is why I think it took so long. Other than that one, they've been averaging about 3 years/book (and if you count that as 2 books over 6 years, that's still 3 years/book).
Last edited by incompetentia on Sat Aug 27, 2011 8:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

hemm

Bronze

Post by hemm » Thu Jul 28, 2011 1:35 pm

I really need to read DWD before school starts...afraid I won't remember what happened in the previous books though.

incompetentia

Gold

Post by incompetentia » Thu Jul 28, 2011 1:43 pm

I'm getting dumped on at work right about now...my progress through CoK has been painfully slow. I keep reading back to refresh, and then by the time I get to new sections, I have to set it down again for a couple of days.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

thegrayman

Silver

Post by thegrayman » Thu Jul 28, 2011 2:15 pm

melamine wrote:Well, i was going to say - you should look over old law school exams for the classes we'll be taking in the fall. (you can access them online, along with class notes for classes with some of the professors we'll have in the fall). It's hard to see how logic games directly translates into any of that stuff - a lot of just analysis and seeing how laws apply to facts. LEEWS might seem like a waste of time, but sometimes you just need to actually get into the practice of taking a test before you go "oh...yeah. i can see how X helps" - knowing how vs. knowing that. so i'm willing to listen through the rest of it... we'll see.
good call, I'm going to check out some old exams today

Dayan114

New

Post by Dayan114 » Thu Jul 28, 2011 3:04 pm

incompetentia wrote:I'm getting dumped on at work right about now...my progress through CoK has been painfully slow. I keep reading back to refresh, and then by the time I get to new sections, I have to set it down again for a couple of days.
Glad I'm not the only one who is 0L prepping w/ these. Read Game of Thrones on a lark a few weeks ago and now I'm hooked. Books 2, 3, and 4 just came from Amazon yesterday!

ahduth

Gold

Post by ahduth » Thu Jul 28, 2011 3:24 pm

Dayan114 wrote:
incompetentia wrote:I'm getting dumped on at work right about now...my progress through CoK has been painfully slow. I keep reading back to refresh, and then by the time I get to new sections, I have to set it down again for a couple of days.
Glad I'm not the only one who is 0L prepping w/ these. Read Game of Thrones on a lark a few weeks ago and now I'm hooked. Books 2, 3, and 4 just came from Amazon yesterday!
What's CoK?

birdlaw117

Gold

Post by birdlaw117 » Thu Jul 28, 2011 3:25 pm

ahduth wrote:
Dayan114 wrote:
What's CoK?
Boys have one, girls don't. :wink:

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

ahduth

Gold

Post by ahduth » Thu Jul 28, 2011 3:31 pm

birdlaw117 wrote:
ahduth wrote:
Dayan114 wrote:
What's CoK?
Oh, I'm dumb. For some reason I thought it was some esoteric law school prep thing like LEEWS or one of these. Plus I read Clash of Kings and Storm of Swords back-to-back - I can't even remember their names, they're just "the second and third books."

sgtgrumbles

Silver

Post by sgtgrumbles » Thu Jul 28, 2011 4:43 pm

Does anyone else still have the status of the Master Promissory Notes listed as "Requested" on the Bursar E-suite, despite having already submitted them? I signed and submitted them last week, but my E-suite still isn't reflecting that.

whathojeeves

Bronze

Post by whathojeeves » Thu Jul 28, 2011 5:05 pm

sgtgrumbles wrote:Does anyone else still have the status of the Master Promissory Notes listed as "Requested" on the Bursar E-suite, despite having already submitted them? I signed and submitted them last week, but my E-suite still isn't reflecting that.
They're still listed as requested when I log into Albert, so yeah I'm in the same boat. I think it might take awhile, given that this is NYU.

birdlaw117

Gold

Post by birdlaw117 » Thu Jul 28, 2011 5:13 pm

ahduth wrote:
birdlaw117 wrote:
ahduth wrote: What's CoK?
Oh, I'm dumb. For some reason I thought it was some esoteric law school prep thing like LEEWS or one of these. Plus I read Clash of Kings and Storm of Swords back-to-back - I can't even remember their names, they're just "the second and third books."
I love how you quoted my response as if it somehow helped you figure it out... :lol:

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

TheKingintheNorth

Bronze

Post by TheKingintheNorth » Thu Jul 28, 2011 5:27 pm

sgtgrumbles wrote:Does anyone else still have the status of the Master Promissory Notes listed as "Requested" on the Bursar E-suite, despite having already submitted them? I signed and submitted them last week, but my E-suite still isn't reflecting that.

Same here, I was gonna email them tomorrow, but since it seems to be universal thing i'm not even gonna bother.

birdlaw117

Gold

Post by birdlaw117 » Thu Jul 28, 2011 5:30 pm

LEEWS Update: I'm getting close to the halfway point and it's starting to become more useful. I took a lot of business law courses in UG and my grad program, so it wouldn't be surprising to me if my additional knowledge base (not that this will be any advantage once law school actually starts) is helping me to get more out of it than some. That said, I'm not sure this is going to prep me for exams any better than just doing normal reading, briefing, etc. during the semester.

incompetentia

Gold

Post by incompetentia » Thu Jul 28, 2011 5:50 pm

My MPN stuff is the same as the rest of yours.

Don't worry, tuition isn't due for another 13 whole days.

whathojeeves

Bronze

Post by whathojeeves » Thu Jul 28, 2011 5:58 pm

My LEEWS plan for August?

Lots of Extremely Excellent Whiskey Shots.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

thecilent

Gold

Post by thecilent » Thu Jul 28, 2011 7:06 pm

whathojeeves wrote:My LEEWS plan for August?

You in the city yet?

ahduth

Gold

Post by ahduth » Thu Jul 28, 2011 7:19 pm

birdlaw117 wrote:
ahduth wrote:
birdlaw117 wrote:
ahduth wrote: What's CoK?
I love how you quoted my response as if it somehow helped you figure it out... :lol:
It did, I expected it to be some preparatory thing I wasn't going to do, but when I got a snide response... I was forced to re-evaluate. :D

whathojeeves

Bronze

Post by whathojeeves » Thu Jul 28, 2011 7:20 pm

thecilent wrote:

You in the city yet?
Sadly no but I'll pm you when I am.

birdlaw117

Gold

Post by birdlaw117 » Thu Jul 28, 2011 7:21 pm

ahduth wrote: It did, I expected it to be some preparatory thing I wasn't going to do, but when I got a snide response... I was forced to re-evaluate. :D
That's awesome.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

birdlaw117

Gold

Post by birdlaw117 » Thu Jul 28, 2011 7:31 pm

I wish I was already in the city...

Ratchet Jackson

Gold

Post by Ratchet Jackson » Thu Jul 28, 2011 7:34 pm

birdlaw117 wrote:I wish I was already in the city...

thecilent

Gold

Post by thecilent » Thu Jul 28, 2011 7:42 pm

whathojeeves wrote:
thecilent wrote:

You in the city yet?
Sadly no but I'll pm you when I am.
*is excited*

ahduth

Gold

Post by ahduth » Thu Jul 28, 2011 7:44 pm

I'll be there on the 6th, as these people are still working on my apartment apparently. Then... I will actually read Getting to Maybe and 1L Confidential. Should be very exciting.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “TLS Class of 2014 Forum”