Stanford Law 2014

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2014)
User avatar
The Stig
Posts: 567
Joined: Sat Oct 30, 2010 12:27 pm

Re: Stanford Law 2014

Postby The Stig » Sun Jan 30, 2011 10:18 pm

tgir wrote:
Gaby wrote:
tgir wrote:
Gaby wrote:Who and how do you ask about this travel stipend? Any info would be great.


I'm not 100% certain how all the details work, but as I understand it, you'll mail your receipts to the admissions office after your ASW visit, and then they'll mail you a check.



Thank you! I guess my question is, who do I notify that I'm doing this to ensure that I actually get the reimbursement?


Notify? I don't think you need to formally notify anyone ahead of time. I think the admissions folks are expecting nearly all admits to be seeking reimbursement. As to who exactly you'll be sending the receipts to, I have no idea, but I'm sure the admissions office will let us know in plenty of time. You can always stop by the admissions office during ASW to get solid confirmation.


The Admitted Student Site has a nice .pdf about this, but here is the policy if you are curious-

-Submit original receipts (or print-out of airline receipt)
-Processed after trip, so mail the form and and receipts to Office of Admissions after the ASW
-Deadline is May 2

HTH!

User avatar
Gaby
Posts: 21
Joined: Sun Jan 23, 2011 1:04 am

Re: Stanford Law 2014

Postby Gaby » Tue Feb 01, 2011 2:09 pm

Thank you! There was also some information about this in the welcome packet (which I just received) so I have a very comprehensive view of how this all works. :D

Casey2889
Posts: 106
Joined: Thu Aug 28, 2008 1:17 pm

Re: Stanford Law 2014

Postby Casey2889 » Tue Feb 01, 2011 11:22 pm

what else comes in the welcome packet? i heard some schools are giving decals and t-shirts --> sick

User avatar
Gaby
Posts: 21
Joined: Sun Jan 23, 2011 1:04 am

Re: Stanford Law 2014

Postby Gaby » Tue Feb 01, 2011 11:27 pm

Casey2889 wrote:what else comes in the welcome packet? i heard some schools are giving decals and t-shirts --> sick


An information booklet and a t-shirt. It's my ego-boosting shirt when I feel bad. :mrgreen:

User avatar
The Stig
Posts: 567
Joined: Sat Oct 30, 2010 12:27 pm

Re: Stanford Law 2014

Postby The Stig » Wed Feb 02, 2011 12:37 am

Gaby wrote:
Casey2889 wrote:what else comes in the welcome packet? i heard some schools are giving decals and t-shirts --> sick


An information booklet and a t-shirt. It's my ego-boosting shirt when I feel bad. :mrgreen:


I think the email from Dean Kramer might be my favorite thing so far! (though obviously the T-Shirt is saweet!)

Casey2889
Posts: 106
Joined: Thu Aug 28, 2008 1:17 pm

Re: Stanford Law 2014

Postby Casey2889 » Wed Feb 02, 2011 11:02 pm

The Stig wrote:
Gaby wrote:
Casey2889 wrote:what else comes in the welcome packet? i heard some schools are giving decals and t-shirts --> sick


An information booklet and a t-shirt. It's my ego-boosting shirt when I feel bad. :mrgreen:


I think the email from Dean Kramer might be my favorite thing so far! (though obviously the T-Shirt is saweet!)


about how long after getting the admit call did you get the email from Dean Kramer?

User avatar
The Stig
Posts: 567
Joined: Sat Oct 30, 2010 12:27 pm

Re: Stanford Law 2014

Postby The Stig » Wed Feb 02, 2011 11:20 pm

Casey2889 wrote:
The Stig wrote:
Gaby wrote:
Casey2889 wrote:what else comes in the welcome packet? i heard some schools are giving decals and t-shirts --> sick


An information booklet and a t-shirt. It's my ego-boosting shirt when I feel bad. :mrgreen:


I think the email from Dean Kramer might be my favorite thing so far! (though obviously the T-Shirt is saweet!)


about how long after getting the admit call did you get the email from Dean Kramer?


IIRC, just over a month!

User avatar
cardinals1989
Posts: 1191
Joined: Sat Jun 19, 2010 1:04 pm

Re: Stanford Law 2014

Postby cardinals1989 » Thu Feb 03, 2011 1:01 am

What was you all's admission conversation with Dean Deal like? Did she talk about specific need-to-know things?

User avatar
Knock
Posts: 5152
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2009 3:09 pm

Re: Stanford Law 2014

Postby Knock » Thu Feb 03, 2011 1:02 am

cardinals1989 wrote:What was you all's admission conversation with Dean Deal like? Did she talk about specific need-to-know things?


Don't do this to yourself! :P

User avatar
cardinals1989
Posts: 1191
Joined: Sat Jun 19, 2010 1:04 pm

Re: Stanford Law 2014

Postby cardinals1989 » Thu Feb 03, 2011 1:04 am

Knock wrote:
cardinals1989 wrote:What was you all's admission conversation with Dean Deal like? Did she talk about specific need-to-know things?


Don't do this to yourself! :P


You found me. :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

A guy can dream, can't he?

User avatar
The Stig
Posts: 567
Joined: Sat Oct 30, 2010 12:27 pm

Re: Stanford Law 2014

Postby The Stig » Thu Feb 03, 2011 1:10 am

cardinals1989 wrote:What was you all's admission conversation with Dean Deal like? Did she talk about specific need-to-know things?


1) I got a voicemail because I was stuck in a class in a basement...

2) Wait til you find out yourself! It will be more exciting that way :D ... sometimes I wish I hadn't found TLS, because I always am clued into when decisions are coming out! One day, a pale-colored envelope would have showed up on my doorstep, and I wouldn't even have known that it was a legendary VCE...

I wasn't following SLS on TLS at all when I got the call, and I was seriously 10x more excited about it than for any of the other decisions I have been lucky enough to receive... (though admittedly it being SLS was almost all of that :D )

User avatar
cardinals1989
Posts: 1191
Joined: Sat Jun 19, 2010 1:04 pm

Re: Stanford Law 2014

Postby cardinals1989 » Thu Feb 03, 2011 1:31 am

The Stig wrote:
cardinals1989 wrote:What was you all's admission conversation with Dean Deal like? Did she talk about specific need-to-know things?


1) I got a voicemail because I was stuck in a class in a basement...

2) Wait til you find out yourself! It will be more exciting that way :D ... sometimes I wish I hadn't found TLS, because I always am clued into when decisions are coming out! One day, a pale-colored envelope would have showed up on my doorstep, and I wouldn't even have known that it was a legendary VCE...

I wasn't following SLS on TLS at all when I got the call, and I was seriously 10x more excited about it than for any of the other decisions I have been lucky enough to receive... (though admittedly it being SLS was almost all of that :D )


This is like being a kid before Christmas....except I have a high chance of coal...

User avatar
The Stig
Posts: 567
Joined: Sat Oct 30, 2010 12:27 pm

Re: Stanford Law 2014

Postby The Stig » Thu Feb 03, 2011 2:03 am

cardinals1989 wrote:
The Stig wrote:This is like being a kid before Christmas....except I have a high chance of coal...
Last edited by The Stig on Tue Feb 22, 2011 10:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Knock
Posts: 5152
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2009 3:09 pm

Re: Stanford Law 2014

Postby Knock » Thu Feb 03, 2011 2:09 am

The Stig is the man.
Last edited by Knock on Tue Feb 22, 2011 10:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
The Stig
Posts: 567
Joined: Sat Oct 30, 2010 12:27 pm

Re: Stanford Law 2014

Postby The Stig » Thu Feb 03, 2011 2:13 am

I'm looking forward to seeing the dean deal signal light up when you guys get the call :D
Last edited by The Stig on Tue Feb 22, 2011 10:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.

User avatar
cardinals1989
Posts: 1191
Joined: Sat Jun 19, 2010 1:04 pm

Re: Stanford Law 2014

Postby cardinals1989 » Thu Feb 03, 2011 2:36 am

Hope to be posting on this thread for real soon!
Last edited by cardinals1989 on Tue Feb 22, 2011 11:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
The Stig
Posts: 567
Joined: Sat Oct 30, 2010 12:27 pm

Re: Stanford Law 2014

Postby The Stig » Thu Feb 03, 2011 2:42 am

Image
:D
Last edited by The Stig on Tue Feb 22, 2011 10:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
NikaneOkie
Posts: 216
Joined: Mon Dec 13, 2010 12:39 pm

Re: Stanford Law 2014

Postby NikaneOkie » Thu Feb 03, 2011 3:48 pm

Did everybody get that super nice letter today?!
I loved it! Made me want to go and buy a present for Faye Deal and Dean Kramer. I love them <3

Casey2889
Posts: 106
Joined: Thu Aug 28, 2008 1:17 pm

Re: Stanford Law 2014

Postby Casey2889 » Thu Feb 03, 2011 4:33 pm

gah, i haven't even gotten my admit packet yet! i want all these emails! and the tshirt! haha...

User avatar
The Stig
Posts: 567
Joined: Sat Oct 30, 2010 12:27 pm

Re: Stanford Law 2014

Postby The Stig » Thu Feb 03, 2011 4:48 pm

NikaneOkie wrote:Did everybody get that super nice letter today?!
I loved it! Made me want to go and buy a present for Faye Deal and Dean Kramer. I love them <3


was it an email or an actual mailed letter?!?!!

User avatar
pennyloafer17
Posts: 85
Joined: Sun Dec 12, 2010 4:44 am

Re: Stanford Law 2014

Postby pennyloafer17 » Thu Feb 17, 2011 8:45 pm

Has anyone applied for financial aid? I'm trying to figure out where to find the "Stanford Law School Independence Test." It says in the initial packet that it will be provided in a future mailing, but I have not yet received it. I want to get my materials in as soon as possible:)

Hey-O
Posts: 719
Joined: Thu Sep 17, 2009 8:50 pm

Re: Stanford Law 2014

Postby Hey-O » Fri Feb 18, 2011 7:15 pm

I'm just posting in this thread so that I can continue to torture myself by reading about how happy all the admits are. GAH!

ebrooke4
Posts: 5
Joined: Tue Jan 11, 2011 9:57 pm

Re: Stanford Law 2014

Postby ebrooke4 » Mon Feb 21, 2011 11:06 am

pennyloafer17 wrote:Has anyone applied for financial aid? I'm trying to figure out where to find the "Stanford Law School Independence Test." It says in the initial packet that it will be provided in a future mailing, but I have not yet received it. I want to get my materials in as soon as possible:)


I don't think it's available yet. Hopefully it will be before the March 15 deadline. I already submitted my FAFSA, NeedAccess, and tax returns, which should make it pretty clear that I'm applying for financial aid and need that last document. It can't hurt to send an e-mail to Dean Deal if you're concerned.

User avatar
pennyloafer17
Posts: 85
Joined: Sun Dec 12, 2010 4:44 am

Re: Stanford Law 2014

Postby pennyloafer17 » Tue Feb 22, 2011 10:01 pm

ebrooke4 wrote:
pennyloafer17 wrote:Has anyone applied for financial aid? I'm trying to figure out where to find the "Stanford Law School Independence Test." It says in the initial packet that it will be provided in a future mailing, but I have not yet received it. I want to get my materials in as soon as possible:)


I don't think it's available yet. Hopefully it will be before the March 15 deadline. I already submitted my FAFSA, NeedAccess, and tax returns, which should make it pretty clear that I'm applying for financial aid and need that last document. It can't hurt to send an e-mail to Dean Deal if you're concerned.


I'm not that concerned yet...I just hope they put it up soon!

Kretzy
Posts: 1431
Joined: Tue Jun 30, 2009 5:11 pm

Re: Stanford Law 2014

Postby Kretzy » Tue Feb 22, 2011 10:02 pm

pennyloafer17 wrote:Has anyone applied for financial aid? I'm trying to figure out where to find the "Stanford Law School Independence Test." It says in the initial packet that it will be provided in a future mailing, but I have not yet received it. I want to get my materials in as soon as possible:)


When it does come up, the form itself takes less than 2 minutes to fill out (as long as you're aware of when your parents have claimed you as a dependent these past years).




Return to “TLS Class of 2014 Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest