Columbia Law Class of 2014

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2014)
User avatar
ahduth
Posts: 2468
Joined: Wed Sep 29, 2010 10:55 am

Re: Columbia Law Class of 2014

Postby ahduth » Mon Mar 28, 2011 6:47 pm

Verisimi wrote:
LinzerTorte wrote:Anyone else have Professor Burnett doing Chan Chae Ping v. US?


I AM EXCITE


+1. I can't believe that I have homework :) . This has probably already been discussed but what is everybody doing about the CLS/NYU overlap?


I'm going to leave Columbia at like 5 I think. The NYU schedule for Thursday sounds mostly like fluff, similar to CLS's on Wednesday:

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=140959&start=825#p4218863

But yeah, I was pretty psyched for the homework oddly. It's going to be fun going back to school. :D

User avatar
moxiepostulate
Posts: 128
Joined: Fri Jun 11, 2010 4:44 pm

Re: Columbia Law Class of 2014

Postby moxiepostulate » Mon Mar 28, 2011 9:10 pm

... I am ridiculously excited for ASW. I feel like Cinderella or some shiz.

Just in off of hold today. Over the past year it's been such a rollercoaster:

-MAYBE I have a chance.
(LSAT)
-I actually have a chance!
(cycle starts well)
-I am Totally getting in.
(HELD)
-Pff, well I'll probably still get in eventually.
(waiting)
-Really, I still have an okay shot at getting in...
(waiting)
-I mean, the holds ARE different this year...
(waiting)
-With decent numbers, maybe they just don't like me as a person?
(waiting)
-Who am I kidding? Stop looking at the website already...
(GUERRILLA ADMIT EMAIL!!!)

I'm actually really glad my ego got back in check before I was admitted. It makes all of this so much sweeter :) Pending something bizarre, this is it for my cycle. Woot!

For the assignment I've got Brown v. Board of Education (<3!) with Jamal Green. Anyone else? Also, do we just show up to whatever classes we'd like to sit in on? I fly in SUPER early, so I'm probably gonna hit up one of the morning classes.

PS. I LOVE that they mention leaving your bags at the office in the schedule email. Won't be able to get over to friend's place until later. Problem solved!

(edit)

bhan87
Posts: 850
Joined: Mon Mar 12, 2007 8:08 pm

Re: Columbia Law Class of 2014

Postby bhan87 » Tue Mar 29, 2011 1:28 am

ahduth wrote:
Verisimi wrote:
LinzerTorte wrote:Anyone else have Professor Burnett doing Chan Chae Ping v. US?


I AM EXCITE


+1. I can't believe that I have homework :) . This has probably already been discussed but what is everybody doing about the CLS/NYU overlap?


I'm going to leave Columbia at like 5 I think. The NYU schedule for Thursday sounds mostly like fluff, similar to CLS's on Wednesday:

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=140959&start=825#p4218863

But yeah, I was pretty psyched for the homework oddly. It's going to be fun going
back to school. :D


Why does it have to be a Con Law case??? x.x I'd rather read an interesting tort case or a crazy crim law case

bendurnotes4me
Posts: 77
Joined: Wed Jan 12, 2011 9:36 am

Re: Columbia Law Class of 2014

Postby bendurnotes4me » Tue Mar 29, 2011 1:55 am

moxiepostulate wrote:... I am ridiculously excited for ASW. I feel like Cinderella or some shiz.

Just in off of hold today. Over the past year it's been such a rollercoaster:

-MAYBE I have a chance.
(LSAT)
-I actually have a chance!
(cycle starts well)
-I am Totally getting in.
(HELD)
-Pff, well I'll probably still get in eventually.
(waiting)
-Really, I still have an okay shot at getting in...
(waiting)
-I mean, the holds ARE different this year...
(waiting)
-With decent numbers, maybe they just don't like me as a person?
(waiting)
-Who am I kidding? Stop looking at the website already...
(GUERRILLA ADMIT EMAIL!!!)

I'm actually really glad my ego got back in check before I was admitted. It makes all of this so much sweeter :) Pending something bizarre, this is it for my cycle. Woot!

For the assignment I've got Brown v. Board of Education (<3!) with Jamal Green. Anyone else? Also, do we just show up to whatever classes we'd like to sit in on? I fly in SUPER early, so I'm probably gonna hit up one of the morning classes.

PS. I LOVE that they mention leaving your bags at the office in the schedule email. Won't be able to get over to friend's place until later. Problem solved!

(edit)


Welcome!!! I also thought I was doomed - and you're right - it does make it that much sweeter :-)

Will you definitely be joining us in the fall?

moneko
Posts: 123
Joined: Mon Sep 27, 2010 2:01 am

Re: Columbia Law Class of 2014

Postby moneko » Tue Mar 29, 2011 3:33 am

ahduth wrote:
Verisimi wrote:
LinzerTorte wrote:Anyone else have Professor Burnett doing Chan Chae Ping v. US?


I AM EXCITE


+1. I can't believe that I have homework :) . This has probably already been discussed but what is everybody doing about the CLS/NYU overlap?


I'm going to leave Columbia at like 5 I think. The NYU schedule for Thursday sounds mostly like fluff, similar to CLS's on Wednesday:

http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/v ... 5#p4218863

But yeah, I was pretty psyched for the homework oddly. It's going to be fun going back to school. :D


+1 for everything. The most interesting thing NYU has lined up for thursday is the pizza/beer party :P
and yes! reading for the plane!

User avatar
LinzerTorte
Posts: 538
Joined: Wed Dec 22, 2010 11:06 am

Re: Columbia Law Class of 2014

Postby LinzerTorte » Tue Mar 29, 2011 9:47 am

moxiepostulate wrote:... I am ridiculously excited for ASW. I feel like Cinderella or some shiz.

Just in off of hold today. Over the past year it's been such a rollercoaster:

-MAYBE I have a chance.
(LSAT)
-I actually have a chance!
(cycle starts well)
-I am Totally getting in.
(HELD)
-Pff, well I'll probably still get in eventually.
(waiting)
-Really, I still have an okay shot at getting in...
(waiting)
-I mean, the holds ARE different this year...
(waiting)
-With decent numbers, maybe they just don't like me as a person?
(waiting)
-Who am I kidding? Stop looking at the website already...
(GUERRILLA ADMIT EMAIL!!!)

I'm actually really glad my ego got back in check before I was admitted. It makes all of this so much sweeter :) Pending something bizarre, this is it for my cycle. Woot!

For the assignment I've got Brown v. Board of Education (<3!) with Jamal Green. Anyone else? Also, do we just show up to whatever classes we'd like to sit in on? I fly in SUPER early, so I'm probably gonna hit up one of the morning classes.

PS. I LOVE that they mention leaving your bags at the office in the schedule email. Won't be able to get over to friend's place until later. Problem solved!

(edit)


Yay Moxie! I remember going :shock: :shock: :shock: at your numbers in the main CLS thread when you were held...happy to see you here!

neonx
Posts: 1025
Joined: Tue Sep 07, 2010 2:36 pm

Re: Columbia Law Class of 2014

Postby neonx » Tue Mar 29, 2011 2:41 pm

TLS CLS/NYU ASW #2 Survey

If you're attending either/both admitted students days this weekend
in Manhattan and might be interested in a TLS meet-up, please
fill out this quick survey. This is so last minute, but I figured there
might be interested people.

Form: https://spreadsheets.google.com/viewfor ... Q0dhRmc6MQ

Results: https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key ... y=CK_hnpQC

champsound
Posts: 342
Joined: Thu Jan 13, 2011 11:03 am

Re: Columbia Law Class of 2014

Postby champsound » Tue Mar 29, 2011 4:10 pm

Going to fly in REALLY early tomorrow. See you all there.

User avatar
camelcrema
Posts: 281
Joined: Fri Oct 01, 2010 2:43 pm

Re: Columbia Law Class of 2014

Postby camelcrema » Tue Mar 29, 2011 4:38 pm

champsound wrote:Going to fly in REALLY early tomorrow. See you all there.


Dude, if you're considering doing the red-eye....be careful. I did, and I started to doze off at the classes I was sitting in on. Take a sleeping pill on the plane or SOMETHING.

User avatar
starrydreamz3
Posts: 677
Joined: Sat May 05, 2007 11:42 am

Re: Columbia Law Class of 2014

Postby starrydreamz3 » Tue Mar 29, 2011 6:41 pm

So excited for tomorrow! Can't wait to meet some of you.

I forget the code phrase I had establised. I think it was like "This is a fine day in Morningside Heights" or something like that. Oh well.

User avatar
daisyduke
Posts: 310
Joined: Mon Nov 08, 2010 10:22 pm

Re: Columbia Law Class of 2014

Postby daisyduke » Tue Mar 29, 2011 7:26 pm

I will be there Thursday! and NYU Friday. I have a class I can't miss tomorrow :( See you all there!

User avatar
moxiepostulate
Posts: 128
Joined: Fri Jun 11, 2010 4:44 pm

Re: Columbia Law Class of 2014

Postby moxiepostulate » Tue Mar 29, 2011 9:01 pm

LinzerTorte wrote:
Yay Moxie! I remember going :shock: :shock: :shock: at your numbers in the main CLS thread when you were held...happy to see you here!



Thanks Linzer! I'm so excited to join you all. It's been a bizarre 24hrs. About to get on a redeye flight and I'm already sleep deprived, heh. Hopefully I'll be able to check the pm sometime tomorrow morning regarding the tls meetup. Crazy sauce.

Yay.

neonx
Posts: 1025
Joined: Tue Sep 07, 2010 2:36 pm

Re: Columbia Law Class of 2014

Postby neonx » Tue Mar 29, 2011 10:50 pm

TLS CLS/NYU ASW #2 Survey

Form: https://spreadsheets.google.com/viewfor ... Q0dhRmc6MQ

Results: https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key ... y=CK_hnpQC

So, here's an update: 32 (wow!) of you guys signed up to meet-up this week in the Big Apple.
I am in the process of making arrangements so that we can all meet on Thursday.
I will be sending a private PM to those who RSVP'd tonight, so be on look.
If you don't get the message, or didn't sign up until much later, send me a PM
and I will happily text you all of the details.

Kaitlyn
Posts: 149
Joined: Sat Oct 30, 2010 2:06 pm

Re: Columbia Law Class of 2014

Postby Kaitlyn » Tue Mar 29, 2011 10:58 pm

.
Last edited by Kaitlyn on Mon Apr 11, 2011 10:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Hobbes89
Posts: 42
Joined: Sun Nov 28, 2010 12:12 am

Re: Columbia Law Class of 2014

Postby Hobbes89 » Tue Mar 29, 2011 11:13 pm

This might be a silly question, but is anyone bringing a backpack/other sort of bag tomorrow? Or should I just bring myself.

User avatar
vertex
Posts: 239
Joined: Wed Jun 23, 2010 4:22 pm

Re: Columbia Law Class of 2014

Postby vertex » Tue Mar 29, 2011 11:14 pm

Hobbes89 wrote:This might be a silly question, but is anyone bringing a backpack/other sort of bag tomorrow? Or should I just bring myself.


I'm bringing a bag but only because I'm coming straight off a flight. Otherwise, I probably wouldn't bring anything.

EDIT: Good advice above about the redeye flights. I'm gonna pop 2 Benadryl before I board.

chasgoose
Posts: 715
Joined: Fri Jan 07, 2011 10:18 pm

Re: Columbia Law Class of 2014

Postby chasgoose » Tue Mar 29, 2011 11:34 pm

vertex wrote:
Hobbes89 wrote:This might be a silly question, but is anyone bringing a backpack/other sort of bag tomorrow? Or should I just bring myself.


I'm bringing a bag but only because I'm coming straight off a flight. Otherwise, I probably wouldn't bring anything.

EDIT: Good advice above about the redeye flights. I'm gonna pop 2 Benadryl before I board.


I wouldn't recommend 2 Benadryl. Even from like LAX-JFK those flights are NOT long enough. By the time the plane is in the air you have about 4-5 hours of flight time. Not enough for Benadryl in my opinion.

User avatar
vertex
Posts: 239
Joined: Wed Jun 23, 2010 4:22 pm

Re: Columbia Law Class of 2014

Postby vertex » Tue Mar 29, 2011 11:52 pm

chasgoose wrote:
vertex wrote:
Hobbes89 wrote:This might be a silly question, but is anyone bringing a backpack/other sort of bag tomorrow? Or should I just bring myself.


I'm bringing a bag but only because I'm coming straight off a flight. Otherwise, I probably wouldn't bring anything.

EDIT: Good advice above about the redeye flights. I'm gonna pop 2 Benadryl before I board.


I wouldn't recommend 2 Benadryl. Even from like LAX-JFK those flights are NOT long enough. By the time the plane is in the air you have about 4-5 hours of flight time. Not enough for Benadryl in my opinion.


Oh boy. All I have is Benadryl and my flight is in an hour. This is gonna be rough.

User avatar
redsoxfan2495
Posts: 273
Joined: Tue Oct 26, 2010 12:13 am

Re: Columbia Law Class of 2014

Postby redsoxfan2495 » Tue Mar 29, 2011 11:58 pm

Anybody else planning on going to the admitted student event on Monday the 18th?

chasgoose
Posts: 715
Joined: Fri Jan 07, 2011 10:18 pm

Re: Columbia Law Class of 2014

Postby chasgoose » Wed Mar 30, 2011 1:05 am

vertex wrote:
chasgoose wrote:
vertex wrote:
Hobbes89 wrote:This might be a silly question, but is anyone bringing a backpack/other sort of bag tomorrow? Or should I just bring myself.


I'm bringing a bag but only because I'm coming straight off a flight. Otherwise, I probably wouldn't bring anything.

EDIT: Good advice above about the redeye flights. I'm gonna pop 2 Benadryl before I board.


I wouldn't recommend 2 Benadryl. Even from like LAX-JFK those flights are NOT long enough. By the time the plane is in the air you have about 4-5 hours of flight time. Not enough for Benadryl in my opinion.


Oh boy. All I have is Benadryl and my flight is in an hour. This is gonna be rough.


Well then you should be fine. Just either sleep the night before or get sleep after the flight. An hour flight is not enough for anything more than a nap. That's only like 30 minutes in the air.

User avatar
kwais
Posts: 1683
Joined: Tue May 11, 2010 12:28 pm

Re: Columbia Law Class of 2014

Postby kwais » Wed Mar 30, 2011 11:14 am

redsoxfan2495 wrote:Anybody else planning on going to the admitted student event on Monday the 18th?


Yes sir (or mam) I will be there from friday the 15th until tuesday the 19th. Wish I could be there for the longer programs but this is better than nothing.

User avatar
law_monkey
Posts: 1709
Joined: Sun Nov 28, 2010 5:25 pm

Re: Columbia Law Class of 2014

Postby law_monkey » Wed Mar 30, 2011 1:43 pm

Checking in here! Fill me in on the ASW since I just got in, so obviously I'm not there haha.

User avatar
daisyduke
Posts: 310
Joined: Mon Nov 08, 2010 10:22 pm

Re: Columbia Law Class of 2014

Postby daisyduke » Wed Mar 30, 2011 2:17 pm

law_monkey wrote:Checking in here! Fill me in on the ASW since I just got in, so obviously I'm not there haha.


Me too! I won't be there until tomorrow.

User avatar
alphamoose
Posts: 252
Joined: Mon Jan 10, 2011 2:02 pm

Re: Columbia Law Class of 2014

Postby alphamoose » Wed Mar 30, 2011 2:25 pm

.

User avatar
Lem37
Posts: 395
Joined: Thu Oct 23, 2008 3:50 pm

Re: Columbia Law Class of 2014

Postby Lem37 » Wed Mar 30, 2011 3:12 pm

Oh my god, there were, like...40 of you admits in my apartment just now. Crazy! Hope you're all having a great day. :)




Return to “TLS Class of 2014 Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest