Columbia Law Class of 2014

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2014)
cdd009
Posts: 2
Joined: Fri Apr 09, 2010 4:57 pm

Re: Columbia Law Class of 2014

Postby cdd009 » Thu Dec 09, 2010 5:38 pm

Congratulations everyone! :) Got the email Monday - I am still in shock. I'm looking forward to meeting you all next year!!

greendc115
Posts: 7
Joined: Mon May 03, 2010 9:30 pm

Re: Columbia Law Class of 2014

Postby greendc115 » Thu Dec 09, 2010 9:40 pm

Just wanted to say hello to all my future classmates out there!

And I also wanted to add that I've been super apprehensive about withdrawing my other applications, but I think I'm finally going to pull the trigger tomorrow (I'm a little more apprehensive about them saying I didn't withdraw my other apps soon enough, and therefore no more spot for me next year!) I haven't been able to find any explicit instructions for withdrawing apps on most school websites that I have visited. However, I hear for these things that for the most part you should submit a letter in writing to these admissions offices to confirm that you you are withdrawing.

Also, received my PDF letter at around 4:50PM on Nov. 30th, but no official vomit-hued envelope yet even though I live like 20 blocks away from Columbia...

canuck
Posts: 222
Joined: Mon Oct 11, 2010 7:26 pm

Re: Columbia Law Class of 2014

Postby canuck » Thu Dec 09, 2010 10:36 pm

greendc115 wrote:Just wanted to say hello to all my future classmates out there!

And I also wanted to add that I've been super apprehensive about withdrawing my other applications, but I think I'm finally going to pull the trigger tomorrow (I'm a little more apprehensive about them saying I didn't withdraw my other apps soon enough, and therefore no more spot for me next year!) I haven't been able to find any explicit instructions for withdrawing apps on most school websites that I have visited. However, I hear for these things that for the most part you should submit a letter in writing to these admissions offices to confirm that you you are withdrawing.

Also, received my PDF letter at around 4:50PM on Nov. 30th, but no official vomit-hued envelope yet even though I live like 20 blocks away from Columbia...


Congrats on your acceptance! I too look forward to getting to know everyone next year.
As far withdrawing, I withdrew from pretty much the entire T20 with a simple email. The one exception is Harvard. They require a snail-mail letter (I've yet to get around to this).

kiniru
Posts: 37
Joined: Wed Sep 08, 2010 8:24 pm

Re: Columbia Law Class of 2014

Postby kiniru » Fri Dec 10, 2010 7:41 pm

yea can I just say how frustrated I am with how incredibly slow CLS is being with these letters? Isn't there at least one person in the office who can find the 30 minutes to print out those single page acceptance letters and stuff them in envelopes? (30 minutes is a guess, not sure how many ppl they've actually sent out those e-mails to but I assume that there is a minority that doesn't use TLS or LSN lol)

Hope this isn't indicative of the rest of CLS administration....

polyester
Posts: 26
Joined: Wed Jun 09, 2010 3:51 pm

Re: Columbia Law Class of 2014

Postby polyester » Fri Dec 10, 2010 11:00 pm

kiniru wrote:yea can I just say how frustrated I am with how incredibly slow CLS is being with these letters? Isn't there at least one person in the office who can find the 30 minutes to print out those single page acceptance letters and stuff them in envelopes? (30 minutes is a guess, not sure how many ppl they've actually sent out those e-mails to but I assume that there is a minority that doesn't use TLS or LSN lol)

Hope this isn't indicative of the rest of CLS administration....


You mean snail mail? I don't quite mind because we got an email which is pretty much just as good, and the email said that a package would be arriving in February which isn't too late.

kiniru
Posts: 37
Joined: Wed Sep 08, 2010 8:24 pm

Re: Columbia Law Class of 2014

Postby kiniru » Sun Dec 12, 2010 12:39 pm

haha sigh well the lady at the office told me there was supposed to be a mailed copy, but maybe she didn't understand my question. :/ oh well I guess there's nothing to do but wait..!

canuck
Posts: 222
Joined: Mon Oct 11, 2010 7:26 pm

Re: Columbia Law Class of 2014

Postby canuck » Sun Dec 12, 2010 12:43 pm

kiniru wrote:haha sigh well the lady at the office told me there was supposed to be a mailed copy, but maybe she didn't understand my question. :/ oh well I guess there's nothing to do but wait..!


Ya I'm starting to think that may be the case. The PDF does say "email only". Strikes me as a weird thing to write if you are following up with a letter.
Anyways it will be fun to get our packages in February and for those still stressing that it's not real: relax. The PDF has your name written on it. I'm no lawyer (yet), but that seems like a legally binding document to me.

User avatar
shanemahsa
Posts: 655
Joined: Thu Sep 24, 2009 10:46 am

Re: Columbia Law Class of 2014

Postby shanemahsa » Sun Dec 12, 2010 3:26 pm

kiniru wrote:yea can I just say how frustrated I am with how incredibly slow CLS is being with these letters? Isn't there at least one person in the office who can find the 30 minutes to print out those single page acceptance letters and stuff them in envelopes? (30 minutes is a guess, not sure how many ppl they've actually sent out those e-mails to but I assume that there is a minority that doesn't use TLS or LSN lol)

Hope this isn't indicative of the rest of CLS administration....

Hope this whining isn't indicative of the rest of the CLS class..... 8)

canuck
Posts: 222
Joined: Mon Oct 11, 2010 7:26 pm

Re: Columbia Law Class of 2014

Postby canuck » Sun Dec 12, 2010 3:35 pm

shanemahsa wrote:
kiniru wrote:yea can I just say how frustrated I am with how incredibly slow CLS is being with these letters? Isn't there at least one person in the office who can find the 30 minutes to print out those single page acceptance letters and stuff them in envelopes? (30 minutes is a guess, not sure how many ppl they've actually sent out those e-mails to but I assume that there is a minority that doesn't use TLS or LSN lol)

Hope this isn't indicative of the rest of CLS administration....

Hope this whining isn't indicative of the rest of the CLS class..... 8)


...perfect
let's all hate each other before we show up :roll:

User avatar
shanemahsa
Posts: 655
Joined: Thu Sep 24, 2009 10:46 am

Re: Columbia Law Class of 2014

Postby shanemahsa » Sun Dec 12, 2010 3:56 pm

canuck wrote:
shanemahsa wrote:
kiniru wrote:yea can I just say how frustrated I am with how incredibly slow CLS is being with these letters? Isn't there at least one person in the office who can find the 30 minutes to print out those single page acceptance letters and stuff them in envelopes? (30 minutes is a guess, not sure how many ppl they've actually sent out those e-mails to but I assume that there is a minority that doesn't use TLS or LSN lol)

Hope this isn't indicative of the rest of CLS administration....

Hope this whining isn't indicative of the rest of the CLS class..... 8)


...perfect
let's all hate each other before we show up :roll:

:D I was juuuusstt kiddddinnggggg!!!

User avatar
piccolittle
Posts: 1118
Joined: Mon Oct 06, 2008 4:16 pm

Re: Columbia Law Class of 2014

Postby piccolittle » Wed Dec 15, 2010 2:32 am

Hi guys! I can't sleep because I'm too excited (hungover), so I'm going to be bugging you all instead :)

Got my letter at 3:16pm today, dated today (14 December). This is literally like a dream. I never expected in a million years to get into this school. I can't wait to meet all of you! Anyone have any guesses as to when ASW is? My job finishes in early April so I hope I'm back in the country in time.

Congrats to you all! I'm still in shock!

User avatar
vertex
Posts: 239
Joined: Wed Jun 23, 2010 4:22 pm

Re: Columbia Law Class of 2014

Postby vertex » Wed Dec 15, 2010 3:14 am

Last year's ASW was in March... I think 13th or 14th. Does anyone know if they give stipends for going? Man, I wish it was August already.

User avatar
piccolittle
Posts: 1118
Joined: Mon Oct 06, 2008 4:16 pm

Re: Columbia Law Class of 2014

Postby piccolittle » Wed Dec 15, 2010 9:27 am

Anyone have any idea about access to the admitted students' site? I'm WAY too excited and I need something to look at so I can start believing this has really happened.

dubunamjah
Posts: 17
Joined: Fri Jan 29, 2010 5:27 am

Re: Columbia Law Class of 2014

Postby dubunamjah » Wed Dec 15, 2010 5:38 pm

piccolittle wrote:Hi guys! I can't sleep because I'm too excited (hungover), so I'm going to be bugging you all instead :)

Got my letter at 3:16pm today, dated today (14 December). This is literally like a dream. I never expected in a million years to get into this school. I can't wait to meet all of you! Anyone have any guesses as to when ASW is? My job finishes in early April so I hope I'm back in the country in time.

Congrats to you all! I'm still in shock!


march 2010 asw was march 3/4, and april's was april 7/8, i think (i'm more certain about the march one)

i don't think the admitted students' site is up yet; we had a generic username and password for the last cycle

kiniru
Posts: 37
Joined: Wed Sep 08, 2010 8:24 pm

Re: Columbia Law Class of 2014

Postby kiniru » Wed Dec 15, 2010 7:19 pm

piccolittle wrote:Hi guys! I can't sleep because I'm too excited (hungover), so I'm going to be bugging you all instead :)

Got my letter at 3:16pm today, dated today (14 December). This is literally like a dream. I never expected in a million years to get into this school. I can't wait to meet all of you! Anyone have any guesses as to when ASW is? My job finishes in early April so I hope I'm back in the country in time.

Congrats to you all! I'm still in shock!


Congrats!! There's only like 5 or 6 of us on this thread thus far, so the more the merrier :D

User avatar
JG Hall
Posts: 364
Joined: Mon Jan 25, 2010 11:18 pm

Re: Columbia Law Class of 2014

Postby JG Hall » Wed Dec 15, 2010 7:28 pm

The first ASW is March 2-3.
The second hasn't been finalized, either March 30-31 or April 6-7.

PS- don't wish it was August. Law school is not fun.

canuck
Posts: 222
Joined: Mon Oct 11, 2010 7:26 pm

Re: Columbia Law Class of 2014

Postby canuck » Wed Dec 15, 2010 7:30 pm

JG Hall wrote:The first ASW is March 2-3.
The second hasn't been finalized, either March 30-31 or April 6-7.

PS- don't wish it was August. Law school is not fun.


I'm confused. March 2-3 is not a weekend.

User avatar
JG Hall
Posts: 364
Joined: Mon Jan 25, 2010 11:18 pm

Re: Columbia Law Class of 2014

Postby JG Hall » Wed Dec 15, 2010 7:31 pm

canuck wrote:
JG Hall wrote:The first ASW is March 2-3.
The second hasn't been finalized, either March 30-31 or April 6-7.

PS- don't wish it was August. Law school is not fun.


I'm confused. March 2-3 is not a weekend.

Correct. It's never on a weekend. (There's no class on Friday, so it'd be pointless, anyway.) There are a couple Admitted Students Mondays sometime in the spring, too.

User avatar
piccolittle
Posts: 1118
Joined: Mon Oct 06, 2008 4:16 pm

Re: Columbia Law Class of 2014

Postby piccolittle » Thu Dec 16, 2010 6:52 am

Sorry for all the dorked-out questions... but here's another! ;)

As I am in complete shock and disbelief, and my parents are coming over to visit me for Christmas, I was hoping to get a little CLS merchandise that could be delivered to their house for them to bring over for me.

I've been trying to find some CLS clothing or whatever (my friend who just graduated was rocking a cool t-shirt when I saw him last), and all I can find is the main University bookstore site, which doesn't have any CLS stuff except a notebook. I know I don't go there yet, but it'll be reassuring somehow to have something else to look at besides this damn letter that I've been carrying around.

Long story short, anyone have any idea where I might be able to buy some stuff online?

canuck
Posts: 222
Joined: Mon Oct 11, 2010 7:26 pm

Re: Columbia Law Class of 2014

Postby canuck » Thu Dec 16, 2010 7:22 pm

piccolittle wrote:Sorry for all the dorked-out questions... but here's another! ;)

As I am in complete shock and disbelief, and my parents are coming over to visit me for Christmas, I was hoping to get a little CLS merchandise that could be delivered to their house for them to bring over for me.

I've been trying to find some CLS clothing or whatever (my friend who just graduated was rocking a cool t-shirt when I saw him last), and all I can find is the main University bookstore site, which doesn't have any CLS stuff except a notebook. I know I don't go there yet, but it'll be reassuring somehow to have something else to look at besides this damn letter that I've been carrying around.

Long story short, anyone have any idea where I might be able to buy some stuff online?


http://columbia.bncollege.com/webapp/wc ... ogId=10001
:D

User avatar
shanemahsa
Posts: 655
Joined: Thu Sep 24, 2009 10:46 am

Re: Columbia Law Class of 2014

Postby shanemahsa » Fri Dec 17, 2010 12:02 am

canuck wrote:
piccolittle wrote:Sorry for all the dorked-out questions... but here's another! ;)

As I am in complete shock and disbelief, and my parents are coming over to visit me for Christmas, I was hoping to get a little CLS merchandise that could be delivered to their house for them to bring over for me.

I've been trying to find some CLS clothing or whatever (my friend who just graduated was rocking a cool t-shirt when I saw him last), and all I can find is the main University bookstore site, which doesn't have any CLS stuff except a notebook. I know I don't go there yet, but it'll be reassuring somehow to have something else to look at besides this damn letter that I've been carrying around.

Long story short, anyone have any idea where I might be able to buy some stuff online?


http://columbia.bncollege.com/webapp/wc ... ogId=10001
:D

I think pico was looking for law school specific apparel.

canuck
Posts: 222
Joined: Mon Oct 11, 2010 7:26 pm

Re: Columbia Law Class of 2014

Postby canuck » Fri Dec 17, 2010 12:43 am

shanemahsa wrote:
canuck wrote:
piccolittle wrote:Sorry for all the dorked-out questions... but here's another! ;)

As I am in complete shock and disbelief, and my parents are coming over to visit me for Christmas, I was hoping to get a little CLS merchandise that could be delivered to their house for them to bring over for me.

I've been trying to find some CLS clothing or whatever (my friend who just graduated was rocking a cool t-shirt when I saw him last), and all I can find is the main University bookstore site, which doesn't have any CLS stuff except a notebook. I know I don't go there yet, but it'll be reassuring somehow to have something else to look at besides this damn letter that I've been carrying around.

Long story short, anyone have any idea where I might be able to buy some stuff online?


http://columbia.bncollege.com/webapp/wc ... ogId=10001
:D

I think pico was looking for law school specific apparel.


I saw one law school specific hoodie in there, but it didn't look that nice IMO.

There is also this: --LinkRemoved--

User avatar
shanemahsa
Posts: 655
Joined: Thu Sep 24, 2009 10:46 am

Re: Columbia Law Class of 2014

Postby shanemahsa » Fri Dec 17, 2010 12:47 am

canuck wrote:
shanemahsa wrote:
canuck wrote:
piccolittle wrote:Sorry for all the dorked-out questions... but here's another! ;)

As I am in complete shock and disbelief, and my parents are coming over to visit me for Christmas, I was hoping to get a little CLS merchandise that could be delivered to their house for them to bring over for me.

I've been trying to find some CLS clothing or whatever (my friend who just graduated was rocking a cool t-shirt when I saw him last), and all I can find is the main University bookstore site, which doesn't have any CLS stuff except a notebook. I know I don't go there yet, but it'll be reassuring somehow to have something else to look at besides this damn letter that I've been carrying around.

Long story short, anyone have any idea where I might be able to buy some stuff online?


http://columbia.bncollege.com/webapp/wc ... ogId=10001
:D

I think pico was looking for law school specific apparel.


I saw one law school specific hoodie in there, but it didn't look that nice IMO.

There is also this: --LinkRemoved--

Can't find :oops:. Suppose it's irrelevant since I'm not in, but if I'm admitted I'll buy one even if it sucks.

Edit: ooooh like the linked hoodie!

User avatar
piccolittle
Posts: 1118
Joined: Mon Oct 06, 2008 4:16 pm

Re: Columbia Law Class of 2014

Postby piccolittle » Fri Dec 17, 2010 4:59 am

Yep, after some diligent late-night searching, I found that ivysport site. Awaiting my CLS hoodie! :)

This is just too much! Are all of you planning to live in the city? My parents live about an hour outside Manhattan so I'm trying to weigh the benefit of saving living expenses against the cost of being so far from school (oh yeah, and the cost of living with my folks again! :twisted: )

User avatar
vertex
Posts: 239
Joined: Wed Jun 23, 2010 4:22 pm

Re: Columbia Law Class of 2014

Postby vertex » Fri Dec 17, 2010 5:45 am

piccolittle wrote:Yep, after some diligent late-night searching, I found that ivysport site. Awaiting my CLS hoodie! :)

This is just too much! Are all of you planning to live in the city? My parents live about an hour outside Manhattan so I'm trying to weigh the benefit of saving living expenses against the cost of being so far from school (oh yeah, and the cost of living with my folks again! :twisted: )


I'm planning to live in the dorms. I'm moving from San Francisco, so I'd need a place in NYC anyway.

I think it's gonna be intense our first year, so I don't know if living an hour away is a good idea. And think of all the friends you'll be missing out on! The late night post-studying parties of watching Arrested Development! The capture-the-flag team we're gonna start! Oh the possibilities!




Return to “TLS Class of 2014 Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest