Columbia Law Class of 2014 Forum

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2014)
canuck

Bronze

Re: Columbia Law Class of 2014

Post by canuck » Fri Dec 17, 2010 10:34 am

Hey everyone,

I created a facebook group for the Class of 2014 so we can get to know each other and discuss things like housing or even debate some law/politics (huge dork here). Main advantage is real names so when I'm getting to know you all through this I actually know who you are when we meet in August.

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?sk=gro ... 3401763775

PS If the link doesn't work let me know

piccolittle

Silver

Post by piccolittle » Fri Dec 17, 2010 11:31 am

canuck wrote:Hey everyone,

I created a facebook group for the Class of 2014 so we can get to know each other and discuss things like housing or even debate some law/politics (huge dork here). Main advantage is real names so when I'm getting to know you all through this I actually know who you are when we meet in August.

Great idea! I can't wait to see who everyone is ;)

vertex

Bronze

Post by vertex » Fri Dec 17, 2010 3:55 pm

Damn I had to deactivate facebook because of a stalker ex-girlfriend but this group really makes me want to reactivate.

shanemahsa

Silver

Post by shanemahsa » Fri Dec 17, 2010 9:29 pm

vertex wrote:

Damn I had to deactivate facebook because of a stalker ex-girlfriend but this group really makes me want to reactivate.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

piccolittle

Silver

Post by piccolittle » Sat Dec 18, 2010 7:46 am

vertex wrote:

Get in here, everybody! It's a little lonely at the moment...

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

shanemahsa

Silver

Post by shanemahsa » Sat Dec 18, 2010 3:38 pm

piccolittle wrote:
vertex wrote:

I would if I was in... :|

vertex

Bronze

Post by vertex » Tue Dec 21, 2010 12:23 am

I think instead of joining the Facebook group, I'm just gonna show up to orientation and tell people, "oh man, i hear the legal methods class will blow you away. hold on to your hats." and then you'll know who I am.

shanemahsa

Silver

Post by shanemahsa » Tue Dec 21, 2010 1:19 am

vertex wrote:I think instead of joining the Facebook group, I'm just gonna show up to orientation and tell people, "oh man, i hear the legal methods class will blow you away. hold on to your hats." and then you'll know who I am.
I made you a custom vertex lolcat. You should put it on a shirt. You won't have to say anything.

greendc115

New

Post by greendc115 » Tue Dec 21, 2010 9:59 pm

shanemahsa wrote:
piccolittle wrote:
vertex wrote:

I would if I was in... :|
Just sent my request...although I'm a little wary of facebook, I think I'll make an exception in this case.

Also, I thought this thread could use a holiday pick-me-up with a pic of Columbia festooned in lights...

--ImageRemoved--

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

annie2010

Bronze

Post by annie2010 » Thu Dec 23, 2010 9:02 pm

hello!!!!!

got accepted today so I just wanted to say whats up! :D

dubunamjah

New

Post by dubunamjah » Thu Dec 23, 2010 9:18 pm

greendc115 wrote: Just sent my request...although I'm a little wary of facebook, I think I'll make an exception in this case.

Also, I thought this thread could use a holiday pick-me-up with a pic of Columbia festooned in lights...

--ImageRemoved--
here's one:

piccolittle

Silver

Post by piccolittle » Fri Dec 24, 2010 6:16 am

Wearing a CLS hoodie... and it still doesn't feel real. Merry almost Christmas everyone :)

PS, the "hold on to your hats!" cat is my nomination for the official mascot of the 2011 Columbia app cycle...

vertex

Bronze

Post by vertex » Fri Dec 24, 2010 3:45 pm

piccolittle wrote:Wearing a CLS hoodie... and it still doesn't feel real. Merry almost Christmas everyone :)

PS, the "hold on to your hats!" cat is my nomination for the official mascot of the 2011 Columbia app cycle...
Where did you get a CLS hoodie? Have you visited already?

My cat ran out of the apartment today and we can't find her. Hold on to your cats!

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

piccolittle

Silver

Post by piccolittle » Fri Dec 31, 2010 7:42 am

vertex wrote:
piccolittle wrote:Wearing a CLS hoodie... and it still doesn't feel real. Merry almost Christmas everyone :)

Where did you get a CLS hoodie? Have you visited already?

My cat ran out of the apartment today and we can't find her. Hold on to your cats!
Aww cute! Did you find her?

Got my CLS stuff from ivysport.com :)

Hope you all had a lovely and relaxing holiday!

vertex

Bronze

Post by vertex » Sun Jan 02, 2011 6:53 pm

piccolittle wrote: Aww cute! Did you find her?

Yeah, we eventually got her! Had to lure her with tuna though. And then she poops everywhere. Man, I should have gotten a dog.

piccolittle

Silver

Post by piccolittle » Sun Jan 02, 2011 7:03 pm

vertex wrote:

Yeah, we eventually got her! Had to lure her with tuna though. And then she poops everywhere. Man, I should have gotten a dog.
Aw, noooooo, cats are the best. I'm having serious fantasies of getting a nice shelter cat when I move to the city. Either I'm going to be a sophisticated Manhattanite listening to jazz and sipping on a lovely glass of wine or I'm going to be a crazy cat-lady wino.

Ah, law school. Can't wait.

vertex

Bronze

Post by vertex » Sun Jan 02, 2011 9:24 pm

piccolittle wrote:
vertex wrote:

Aw, noooooo, cats are the best. I'm having serious fantasies of getting a nice shelter cat when I move to the city. Either I'm going to be a sophisticated Manhattanite listening to jazz and sipping on a lovely glass of wine or I'm going to be a crazy cat-lady wino.

Ah, law school. Can't wait.
I have to double check, but I think there's no pets allowed in the law student housing. And don't you dare say you're not going to live in the law student housing.

As far as sipping on wine and listening to jazz, I'm right there with ya sister.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

piccolittle

Silver

Post by piccolittle » Tue Jan 04, 2011 9:41 am

Bump!

So what is everybody up to until school starts? My job has asked me to stay until July or August (my contract is supposed to end in April), but it's in England so I'm really conflicted.

Anyone have any cool plans?

vertex

Bronze

Post by vertex » Tue Jan 04, 2011 5:52 pm

piccolittle wrote:Bump!

So what is everybody up to until school starts? My job has asked me to stay until July or August (my contract is supposed to end in April), but it's in England so I'm really conflicted.

Anyone have any cool plans?
Coachella in April!

I really wanted to go to Burning Man but damn law school orientation is getting in the way. Thinking about taking June and July and travelling in Europe or something cool before school starts. (I know that doesn't sound that cool to you since you live in Europe.)

I'm planning to get to NYC last week in July or first week in August.

What are your plans? I say leave your job in May and do something fun for the summer. It's the last summer you'll have free for the rest of your life.

piccolittle

Silver

Post by piccolittle » Tue Jan 04, 2011 8:25 pm

vertex wrote: Coachella in April!

I really wanted to go to Burning Man but damn law school orientation is getting in the way. Thinking about taking June and July and travelling in Europe or something cool before school starts. (I know that doesn't sound that cool to you since you live in Europe.)

I'm planning to get to NYC last week in July or first week in August.

What are your plans? I say leave your job in May and do something fun for the summer. It's the last summer you'll have free for the rest of your life.
You should travel! Were you thinking of anywhere in particular?

Last summer of freedom is pretty much what I was thinking also... but I love this job soooo much :( If only I could somehow work remotely whilst sipping pina coladas on the beach somewhere. Oh wait, that's sad. Bring on the trashy novels!

In seriousness, though, my original summer plan was to compete my horse (don't judge), take a language class, and start dusting off the old brain...

vertex

Bronze

Post by vertex » Tue Jan 04, 2011 9:19 pm

piccolittle wrote:
You should travel! Were you thinking of anywhere in particular?

Last summer of freedom is pretty much what I was thinking also... but I love this job soooo much :( If only I could somehow work remotely whilst sipping pina coladas on the beach somewhere. Oh wait, that's sad. Bring on the trashy novels!

In seriousness, though, my original summer plan was to compete my horse (don't judge), take a language class, and start dusting off the old brain...
France! I want to work on an organic farm for a few weeks (if you've ever heard of WWOOF). It'll give me a chance to get fluent in French after years and years of taking classes in it but never speaking it very well. Any suggestions on where to travel during my time off in Western Europe?

That's awesome you compete horses. I do way dorkier things than that, so I'm really in no position to judge. I'll probably still make fun of you though when we're classmates.

Is everyone hanging out on the Facebook group? Man I feel so left out.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

piccolittle

Silver

Post by piccolittle » Tue Jan 04, 2011 9:49 pm

vertex wrote: Is everyone hanging out on the Facebook group? Man I feel so left out.
Really, really not. It's just you and I keeping the CLS spirit going, it seems...

Where is everybody? I shouldn't even be up right now but I haven't been able to sleep properly since I got in... too excited :)

piccolittle

Silver

Post by piccolittle » Tue Jan 04, 2011 9:51 pm

vertex wrote:I want to work on an organic farm for a few weeks (if you've ever heard of WWOOF).
Also, I just looked that thing up - so cool!

vertex

Bronze

Post by vertex » Tue Jan 04, 2011 10:55 pm

piccolittle wrote:
vertex wrote: Is everyone hanging out on the Facebook group? Man I feel so left out.
Really, really not. It's just you and I keeping the CLS spirit going, it seems...

Where is everybody? I shouldn't even be up right now but I haven't been able to sleep properly since I got in... too excited :)
I think people will join the thread as the RD acceptances come in. These next few weeks are going to be crazy, hold on to your hat!

MarcusHalberstram

New

Post by MarcusHalberstram » Fri Jan 07, 2011 4:14 pm

IN... (after ED fall grades request) what do people think about the lenfest for 1L housing and the other 2 on-campus options?

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “TLS Class of 2014 Forum”