UC Berkeley Class of 2014 Forum

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2014)
forward

Bronze

Re: UC Berkeley Class of 2014

Post by forward » Tue Jun 07, 2011 9:20 pm

clevermoose wrote:just got in on the waitlist and am now looking for housing to attend my dream school!
Congrats!

firework

New

Post by firework » Tue Jun 07, 2011 9:38 pm

so thrilled to join this thread! can't wait to see you all next year! got in off the waitlist on Monday, dream come true!!!

r6_philly

Diamond

Post by r6_philly » Wed Jun 08, 2011 12:07 am

Congrats guys! I am glad my spot went to at least one of you (instead of them over admitting)

worldtraveler

Platinum

Post by worldtraveler » Wed Jun 08, 2011 12:13 pm

Hey guys,
I'm looking for a roommate/place to live for next year but unfortunately I'm half a world away. I'm a 3L next year. If anyone finds a good spot and needs a roommate, let me know.

Tanicius

Gold

Post by Tanicius » Wed Jun 08, 2011 6:58 pm

worldtraveler wrote:Hey guys,
I'm looking for a roommate/place to live for next year but unfortunately I'm half a world away. I'm a 3L next year. If anyone finds a good spot and needs a roommate, let me know.
Will do!

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

xxinfinity

New

Post by xxinfinity » Sun Jun 12, 2011 10:20 pm

Got in off the waitlist! It is my dream school so extremely excited.
I feel like I belong at Berkeley Law.

Now to figure out housing.

BackToTheOldHouse

Silver

Post by BackToTheOldHouse » Sun Jul 17, 2011 5:06 pm

Here are some things that are on my mind:
  • What is my schedule going to be? Not knowing what/when my classes will be util two days before they begin is for some reason bugging me. I'm the kind of dork that likes buying her books well ahead of the first day of class :D . I also like thinking through what my work (I guess "school") week is going to look like.
  • Is tuition going up this year? From what I've read in the last couple days, it's likely/possible tuition could cost about $1K more per semester starting this fall (4 or 5 weeks from now) :? . I'd like to know if this is going to happen. I'd also like to know if loans will be adjusted to cover this increase.
  • I'd like to know where I stand in relation to the Grad Plus Loan I have accepted. Specifically, I'd like to know if I need a cosigner.
  • I can't wait to check out the new building addition and the remodeling that has been completed recently :D .
  • I'm looking forward to meeting all the cool people that will make up the class of 2014 (and 2012 and 2013) 8) .
Anyway, I'm just posting because I'm getting antsy about school beginning and this thread hasn't had any movement in a while. See y'all soon!

worldtraveler

Platinum

Post by worldtraveler » Mon Jul 18, 2011 8:24 am

BackToTheOldHouse wrote:Here are some things that are on my mind:
  • What is my schedule going to be? Not knowing what/when my classes will be util two days before they begin is for some reason bugging me. I'm the kind of dork that likes buying her books well ahead of the first day of class :D . I also like thinking through what my work (I guess "school") week is going to look like.
  • Is tuition going up this year? From what I've read in the last couple days, it's likely/possible tuition could cost about $1K more per semester starting this fall (4 or 5 weeks from now) :? . I'd like to know if this is going to happen. I'd also like to know if loans will be adjusted to cover this increase.
  • I'd like to know where I stand in relation to the Grad Plus Loan I have accepted. Specifically, I'd like to know if I need a cosigner.
  • I can't wait to check out the new building addition and the remodeling that has been completed recently :D .
  • I'm looking forward to meeting all the cool people that will make up the class of 2014 (and 2012 and 2013) 8) .
Anyway, I'm just posting because I'm getting antsy about school beginning and this thread hasn't had any movement in a while. See y'all soon!
The tuition increases you're hearing about in the news are for undergrads, not law students. We have our own system. I don't know what the actual tuition for this year is, but it was set a few months ago.

You don't need cosigners for Grad Plus. If you accepted the loan, you're done.

BackToTheOldHouse

Silver

Post by BackToTheOldHouse » Mon Jul 18, 2011 11:44 am

worldtraveler wrote: The tuition increases you're hearing about in the news are for undergrads, not law students. We have our own system. I don't know what the actual tuition for this year is, but it was set a few months ago.

I'd be quite pleased if the two things you just said came true, but I'm not sure they will :( . There has been talk over on nuts and boalts (as well as in the social media world) of the tuition hike instituted by the regents hitting boalt in addition to the university. Also, it's my understanding that a credit check still needs to be completed on all students accepting Grad Plus loans, and this check won't occur for a few more weeks.

I don't know, though. I could be completely wrong :| .

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

fish52

Bronze

Post by fish52 » Wed Jul 20, 2011 4:36 pm

worldtraveler wrote:
BackToTheOldHouse wrote:Here are some things that are on my mind:
The tuition increases you're hearing about in the news are for undergrads, not law students. We have our own system. I don't know what the actual tuition for this year is, but it was set a few months ago.

They just increased our finaid by about 1k...looks like we are getting hit with the fee increase. Just when you thought Boalt couldn't get any more expensive... :shock:

heyyitskatie

New

Post by heyyitskatie » Wed Jul 20, 2011 5:32 pm

I wanted to lend some support to worldtravler in regards to her comments about the financial aid office. If something seems fishy (i.e. you make very little money and your parents make less than a year's tuition at Berkeley and you received no need-based aid, they are flip-flopping on your grants, etc) absolutely (politely) write or call them. I've had some sort of miscommunication both years (I'm a rising 2L) and they were quickly and easily resolved both times. The worst they can say is "no," and as long as you are polite, you won't make any enemies.

Can't wait to meet you all in the fall!

entertainme

New

Post by entertainme » Sat Aug 20, 2011 6:25 pm

Welcome 1L's! I am a 2L with some books from my 1L year for sale if anyone wants to save some $$. Let me know if you are interested in any of the below books or need a microwave. Please email me at spindlenet@yahoo.com.

Textbooks
Pleading and Procedure: State and Federal (Tenth Edition), Hazard, Tait, Fletcher, Bundy
• Some pencil notes and a little highlighting. $130

Torts (Second Edition), Diamond (x2)
• Pen underlines, one or two highlights. $50. The second one is pencil underline only.

Supplements
E&E: The Law of Torts (Fourth Edition), Glannon
• No writing, like new. $40

E&E: Civil Procedure (Sixth Edition), Glannon [x2]
• One has a few pen underlines and highlights. $40
• One has no writing, like new. $40

E&E: Civil Procedure (Fourth Edition), Glannon
• A few underlines and highlights. $10

E&E: Property (Third Edition), Burke and Snoe
• No writing, like new. $25

Legalines: Contracts (For use with Farnsworth casebook)
• Some pencil underlining and notes. $25

Legalines: Civil Procedure (For use with Hazard casebook)
• A lot of underlining, some highlighting. $20

Casenote Legal Briefs: Property (Keyed to Dukeminier, Krier, Alexander, and Schill, Sixth Edition)
• No writing, like new. $30

Understanding Torts (Fourth Edition), Diamond, Levine, Bernstein
• Colorful underlines and some highlights. $5

Civil Procedure (Second Edition), Freer [x2]
• One has a few pen underlines. $50
• One has no writing, like new. $60

Federal Rules of Civil Procedure (2010), Clemont [x2]
• One has no writing, like new. Amazon $30
• One has some underlines. Amazon $25

Selections for Contracts (2010), Farnsworth, Young, Sanger, Cohen, Brooks
• No writing, slightly bent cover. $35

REA’s Handbook of English: Grammar, Style and Writing (1984 Edition)
• No writing, like new except slightly worn from age. $45

Microwave - Like new. Still in box. Only used one weekend by my mother. $45

empire84

New

Post by empire84 » Fri Sep 02, 2011 6:03 pm

Could I by chance get one of you to give me professor reviews of Professor Pamela Samuelson's Copyright Law class?

She is a Visiting Professor at NYU right now and I am thinking about taking her class, but was curious to hear some recommendations.

Thanks in advance. PM is preferred.

Here is a link to her page at Berkeley: http://www.law.berkeley.edu/php-program ... p?cID=6778

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Return to “TLS Class of 2014 Forum”