Fordham Class of 2014

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2014)
User avatar
Gotti
Posts: 3436
Joined: Tue Nov 09, 2010 3:46 pm

Re: Fordham Class of 2014

Postby Gotti » Wed Feb 23, 2011 11:21 am

renegade811 wrote:Has anybody tried to negotiate $$$ with Fordham yet? I know they're stingy, so I'm wondering if any of you guys have had any success.

I tried negotiating $84k from UMN and acceptances to GW and BU ...fail. They don't have money to give out to borderline candidates. I got a curt response that said although my GPA is very high, my LSAT score is too low (164) for them to award me any merit $. It's such a desirable location and it places much better than its rank would suggest, so if you don't want to pay sticker to go there with borderline numbers, they'll find someone who will :(

I was REALLY hoping to get $$ out of them (anything would have made me feel better...like $20-25k over 3 years even lol), but my LSAT score is just too low.

I DID know someone who was 162/3.2 (URM) last cycle...he got in with $20k/year :|
annoying.

User avatar
Gemini
Posts: 1943
Joined: Thu Mar 11, 2010 9:23 pm

Re: Fordham Class of 2014

Postby Gemini » Tue Mar 08, 2011 2:51 pm

Bumping this for myself, as I will most likely (99.99%) be attending Fordham.

I visited the Admissions/Fin aid office to hand in the Financial Aid stuff. OS or NYgrrrl, do you think the face to face contact would encourage them to give me more need-based aid? *crosses fingers* I've gotten nothing for merit aid :( so I'm praying for the max I could get in grants from them.

renegade811
Posts: 17
Joined: Wed Jul 28, 2010 5:44 pm

Re: Fordham Class of 2014

Postby renegade811 » Tue Mar 08, 2011 7:21 pm

Gotti wrote:
renegade811 wrote:Has anybody tried to negotiate $$$ with Fordham yet? I know they're stingy, so I'm wondering if any of you guys have had any success.

I tried negotiating $84k from UMN and acceptances to GW and BU ...fail. They don't have money to give out to borderline candidates. I got a curt response that said although my GPA is very high, my LSAT score is too low (164) for them to award me any merit $. It's such a desirable location and it places much better than its rank would suggest, so if you don't want to pay sticker to go there with borderline numbers, they'll find someone who will :(

I was REALLY hoping to get $$ out of them (anything would have made me feel better...like $20-25k over 3 years even lol), but my LSAT score is just too low.

I DID know someone who was 162/3.2 (URM) last cycle...he got in with $20k/year :|
annoying.



I got 10k/year. Hoping I can use my 25k/year from Emory, along with acceptances at BU, GWU, and USC to get them up to 15-20. At this point I'm leaning heavily towards Fordham, so I'm hoping for a bit more money to make the choice easier.

dufftheyounger
Posts: 17
Joined: Wed Nov 10, 2010 1:17 am

Re: Fordham Class of 2014

Postby dufftheyounger » Sun Mar 13, 2011 12:27 am

Just put down my first deposit today. See you all in august

snichols16
Posts: 295
Joined: Wed Mar 03, 2010 12:33 pm

Re: Fordham Class of 2014

Postby snichols16 » Mon Apr 04, 2011 7:21 pm

Checking in. In via email today. Waiting for ASW info.

User avatar
Gemini
Posts: 1943
Joined: Thu Mar 11, 2010 9:23 pm

Re: Fordham Class of 2014

Postby Gemini » Mon Apr 04, 2011 7:26 pm

snichols16 wrote:Checking in. In via email today. Waiting for ASW info.


Congrats! :D
All three ASW's have passed, sorrrry. You should tour the law school/sit in on a class, though!

snichols16
Posts: 295
Joined: Wed Mar 03, 2010 12:33 pm

Re: Fordham Class of 2014

Postby snichols16 » Mon Apr 04, 2011 7:27 pm

Gemini wrote:
snichols16 wrote:Checking in. In via email today. Waiting for ASW info.


Congrats! :D
All three ASW's have passed, sorrrry. You should tour the law school/sit in on a class, though!


Ah. I went and checked the school out when I was in town a couple months ago. I meant the other kind of ASW (admitted student website).

dufftheyounger
Posts: 17
Joined: Wed Nov 10, 2010 1:17 am

Re: Fordham Class of 2014

Postby dufftheyounger » Mon Apr 04, 2011 8:48 pm

snichols16 wrote:
Gemini wrote:
snichols16 wrote:Checking in. In via email today. Waiting for ASW info.


Congrats! :D
All three ASW's have passed, sorrrry. You should tour the law school/sit in on a class, though!


Ah. I went and checked the school out when I was in town a couple months ago. I meant the other kind of ASW (admitted student website).


Your user name for the ASW is your LSAC number and the password is your LSAC password. Good luck

snichols16
Posts: 295
Joined: Wed Mar 03, 2010 12:33 pm

Re: Fordham Class of 2014

Postby snichols16 » Mon Apr 04, 2011 8:55 pm

dufftheyounger wrote:
snichols16 wrote:
Gemini wrote:
snichols16 wrote:Checking in. In via email today. Waiting for ASW info.


Congrats! :D
All three ASW's have passed, sorrrry. You should tour the law school/sit in on a class, though!


Ah. I went and checked the school out when I was in town a couple months ago. I meant the other kind of ASW (admitted student website).


Your user name for the ASW is your LSAC number and the password is your LSAC password. Good luck


Huh... not working for me. Probably have to wait for them to patch me through.

User avatar
Gemini
Posts: 1943
Joined: Thu Mar 11, 2010 9:23 pm

Re: Fordham Class of 2014

Postby Gemini » Mon Apr 04, 2011 10:15 pm

Dayum:

--LinkRemoved--

I'd like to move into that now. :lol:

a.marie
Posts: 10
Joined: Wed Feb 09, 2011 5:51 am

Re: Fordham Class of 2014

Postby a.marie » Mon Apr 04, 2011 10:46 pm

Gemini wrote:Dayum:

--LinkRemoved--

I'd like to move into that now. :lol:



Love the closet! If only I could find a place like that for real life.

dufftheyounger
Posts: 17
Joined: Wed Nov 10, 2010 1:17 am

Re: Fordham Class of 2014

Postby dufftheyounger » Mon Apr 04, 2011 10:49 pm

Might take a day or so. Congratulations nonetheless.

dufftheyounger
Posts: 17
Joined: Wed Nov 10, 2010 1:17 am

Re: Fordham Class of 2014

Postby dufftheyounger » Mon Apr 04, 2011 10:51 pm

By the way, i guess its about that time that we're all looking for places to live. Any ideas? I know this kid i work with now is looking for places but that is a definite maybe so i should probably look for other options. If anyone is looking for a roommate hit me up.

User avatar
Gemini
Posts: 1943
Joined: Thu Mar 11, 2010 9:23 pm

Re: Fordham Class of 2014

Postby Gemini » Mon Apr 04, 2011 11:41 pm

dufftheyounger wrote:Might take a day or so. Congratulations nonetheless.


Congrats for what? I didn't rent that place. I'm just really interested to know how a 2 bedroom in midtown can only cost $1,100 a month (with util) and look like THAT. My guess is that the rent raises 5% every month. :lol:

dufftheyounger
Posts: 17
Joined: Wed Nov 10, 2010 1:17 am

Re: Fordham Class of 2014

Postby dufftheyounger » Tue Apr 05, 2011 12:03 am

Gemini wrote:
dufftheyounger wrote:Might take a day or so. Congratulations nonetheless.


Congrats for what? I didn't rent that place. I'm just really interested to know how a 2 bedroom in midtown can only cost $1,100 a month (with util) and look like THAT. My guess is that the rent raises 5% every month. :lol:


Big misunderstanding. I was congratulating snichols for getting into Fordham and joining us for what may just be an exciting and wild ride over the next 3 years (i hope). TLS wouldn't let me quote the whole conversation thing and i didn't feel like messing with the html to quote him/her properly. But if you did get that place in midtown I probably wouldn't send any regards due to my own jealousy of not living in anyplace nearly that luxurious coupled with paying a similar or more expensive rent check each month. I'm sure you would feel the same way.

snichols16
Posts: 295
Joined: Wed Mar 03, 2010 12:33 pm

Re: Fordham Class of 2014

Postby snichols16 » Tue Apr 05, 2011 4:04 pm

How good is Fordham about matching scholarships? I've received $$$ from a few T-20 that I am considering.

User avatar
Gotti
Posts: 3436
Joined: Tue Nov 09, 2010 3:46 pm

Re: Fordham Class of 2014

Postby Gotti » Tue Apr 05, 2011 5:05 pm

snichols16 wrote:How good is Fordham about matching scholarships? I've received $$$ from a few T-20 that I am considering.

Bad. Read the Fordham threads.

cr1stina
Posts: 65
Joined: Fri Sep 19, 2008 1:49 am

Re: Fordham Class of 2014

Postby cr1stina » Tue Apr 05, 2011 5:10 pm

Does anyone know how long it takes Fordham to reply in regards to need-based aid? I'm sending the form in today...

renegade811
Posts: 17
Joined: Wed Jul 28, 2010 5:44 pm

Re: Fordham Class of 2014

Postby renegade811 » Tue Apr 05, 2011 10:10 pm

Gotti wrote:
snichols16 wrote:How good is Fordham about matching scholarships? I've received $$$ from a few T-20 that I am considering.

Bad. Read the Fordham threads.


I'm about to find out just how bad.

60k from USC
75k from BU
75k from Emory

Hopefully I can talk them up from the 30k they offered me. :roll:

dufftheyounger
Posts: 17
Joined: Wed Nov 10, 2010 1:17 am

Re: Fordham Class of 2014

Postby dufftheyounger » Tue Apr 05, 2011 11:26 pm

renegade811 wrote:
Gotti wrote:
snichols16 wrote:How good is Fordham about matching scholarships? I've received $$$ from a few T-20 that I am considering.

Bad. Read the Fordham threads.


I'm about to find out just how bad.

60k from USC
75k from BU
75k from Emory

Hopefully I can talk them up from the 30k they offered me. :roll:


Honestly, at this point I think Fordham has run out of scholarship money. You, my friend, have to make a decision.

akcorps
Posts: 127
Joined: Tue Nov 09, 2010 4:34 pm

Re: Fordham Class of 2014

Postby akcorps » Tue Apr 12, 2011 11:20 am

Who has placed their deposits so far?

User avatar
Gotti
Posts: 3436
Joined: Tue Nov 09, 2010 3:46 pm

Re: Fordham Class of 2014

Postby Gotti » Tue Apr 12, 2011 11:29 am

akcorps wrote:Who has placed their deposits so far?

im too nervous to do it till the last day. I waited till the day UMN's deposit was due to relenquish my $84k. So nerve racking


also i get paid on the 15th so i'll do it then lol.

User avatar
Gemini
Posts: 1943
Joined: Thu Mar 11, 2010 9:23 pm

Re: Fordham Class of 2014

Postby Gemini » Tue Apr 12, 2011 11:33 am

akcorps wrote:Who has placed their deposits so far?


<---

User avatar
Stringer6
Posts: 5865
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2010 12:45 am

Re: Fordham Class of 2014

Postby Stringer6 » Tue Apr 12, 2011 11:50 am

tag

User avatar
Stringer6
Posts: 5865
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2010 12:45 am

Re: Fordham Class of 2014

Postby Stringer6 » Thu Apr 14, 2011 3:16 pm

just submitted my deposit




Return to “TLS Class of 2014 Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest