Fordham Class of 2014

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2014)
User avatar
Gemini
Posts: 1943
Joined: Thu Mar 11, 2010 9:23 pm

Re: Fordham Class of 2014

Postby Gemini » Tue Apr 19, 2011 11:58 am

I don't have access to facebook at work! :?

User avatar
Gotti
Posts: 3436
Joined: Tue Nov 09, 2010 3:46 pm

Re: Fordham Class of 2014

Postby Gotti » Tue Apr 19, 2011 12:08 pm

ellewoods2 wrote:
Gemini wrote:
nicole88 wrote:I visited this past weekend and I think Fordham is the one! Now, where to live...?


The Fordham facebook group has a link to the Fordham law housing group. You can post and find a roomie there! :)


can you post a link to the facebook group?

http://www.facebook.com/?ref=hp#!/home. ... 46109&ap=1

User avatar
nicole88
Posts: 118
Joined: Tue Oct 05, 2010 7:50 pm

Re: Fordham Class of 2014

Postby nicole88 » Tue Apr 19, 2011 10:01 pm

Not too many people on there yet, or the housing google groups. Anyone know where most Fordham Law students live?

fakemoney
Posts: 347
Joined: Mon Oct 06, 2008 11:07 am

Re: Fordham Class of 2014

Postby fakemoney » Thu Apr 21, 2011 9:39 am

Looks like I'll be joining the evening program. Howdy all.

User avatar
SemperLegal
Posts: 1333
Joined: Fri Dec 03, 2010 8:28 pm

Re: Fordham Class of 2014

Postby SemperLegal » Thu Apr 21, 2011 11:05 am

Just withdrew, feels weird saying good bye to people I never met.

User avatar
Gemini
Posts: 1943
Joined: Thu Mar 11, 2010 9:23 pm

Re: Fordham Class of 2014

Postby Gemini » Thu Apr 21, 2011 7:36 pm

SemperLegal wrote:Just withdrew, feels weird saying good bye to people I never met.


You met me! (albeit briefly) :mrgreen:

User avatar
Lolek
Posts: 90
Joined: Fri Dec 11, 2009 3:46 pm

Re: Fordham Class of 2014

Postby Lolek » Tue Apr 26, 2011 5:58 pm

I'm gonna apply for financial aid today, but besides that...

Who else is looking at sticker?

User avatar
Gotti
Posts: 3436
Joined: Tue Nov 09, 2010 3:46 pm

Re: Fordham Class of 2014

Postby Gotti » Wed Apr 27, 2011 11:20 am

Lolek wrote:I'm gonna apply for financial aid today, but besides that...

Who else is looking at sticker?

sigh. me.

User avatar
Lolek
Posts: 90
Joined: Fri Dec 11, 2009 3:46 pm

Re: Fordham Class of 2014

Postby Lolek » Wed Apr 27, 2011 6:35 pm

How did you apply for financial aid?

Do they have a special form to fill out? Because I already did my FAFSA a while back for a different school.

User avatar
Gotti
Posts: 3436
Joined: Tue Nov 09, 2010 3:46 pm

Re: Fordham Class of 2014

Postby Gotti » Thu Apr 28, 2011 3:47 am

Lolek wrote:How did you apply for financial aid?

Do they have a special form to fill out? Because I already did my FAFSA a while back for a different school.

Yup it's on the admitted students site

User avatar
blacklawboss
Posts: 522
Joined: Tue Jan 11, 2011 6:22 pm

Re: Fordham Class of 2014

Postby blacklawboss » Thu Apr 28, 2011 6:41 pm

OK guys I'm at a crossroad again need advice :(

akcorps
Posts: 127
Joined: Tue Nov 09, 2010 4:34 pm

Re: Fordham Class of 2014

Postby akcorps » Fri Apr 29, 2011 10:32 am

blacklawboss wrote:OK guys I'm at a crossroad again need advice :(

Um, ok, what's the problem? Or is this something like twenty questions? Animal, vegetable, or mineral?

User avatar
blacklawboss
Posts: 522
Joined: Tue Jan 11, 2011 6:22 pm

Re: Fordham Class of 2014

Postby blacklawboss » Fri Apr 29, 2011 11:51 pm

akcorps wrote:
blacklawboss wrote:OK guys I'm at a crossroad again need advice :(

Um, ok, what's the problem? Or is this something like twenty questions? Animal, vegetable, or mineral?


Noooo Dozo upped my scholly and it's hard to walk away from all that $$$. leaving law school with less than 45,000 in COA debt is a big deal. Still waiting on $ from Fordham don't expect any or much.

User avatar
blacklawboss
Posts: 522
Joined: Tue Jan 11, 2011 6:22 pm

Re: Fordham Class of 2014

Postby blacklawboss » Sun May 01, 2011 4:31 pm

blacklawboss wrote:
akcorps wrote:
blacklawboss wrote:OK guys I'm at a crossroad again need advice :(

Um, ok, what's the problem? Or is this something like twenty questions? Animal, vegetable, or mineral?


Noooo Dozo upped my scholly and it's hard to walk away from all that $$$. leaving law school with less than 45,000 in COA debt is a big deal. Still waiting on $ from Fordham don't expect any or much.


After looking at NLJ 250 rosters of Fordham grads vs Dozo grads I think I might be back lol

akcorps
Posts: 127
Joined: Tue Nov 09, 2010 4:34 pm

Re: Fordham Class of 2014

Postby akcorps » Mon May 02, 2011 10:29 am

blacklawboss wrote:
blacklawboss wrote:
akcorps wrote:
blacklawboss wrote:OK guys I'm at a crossroad again need advice :(

Um, ok, what's the problem? Or is this something like twenty questions? Animal, vegetable, or mineral?


Noooo Dozo upped my scholly and it's hard to walk away from all that $$$. leaving law school with less than 45,000 in COA debt is a big deal. Still waiting on $ from Fordham don't expect any or much.


After looking at NLJ 250 rosters of Fordham grads vs Dozo grads I think I might be back lol

I don't like to give advice to people I don't know. There are way too many variables that need to be considered in a decision like this for me or anyone else who is not familiar with your situation to give blanket advice. However, I will say that I turned down larger scholarships for Fordham. On the other hand, I am still holding out on one last school that I will definitely consider if they give me the same scholly that Fordham did even though this other school is ranked lower. I think its really about what you want to do and if Fordham or Cardozo will be more helpful in getting you there. Seeing that you are looking at the NLJ 250 rankings, I suppose you want NYC area biglaw. If so then Fordham will definitely get you there more easily, but you have to decide whether you are comfortable with the debt levels you might incur.

Also look at http://www.lawschooltransparency.com I think its been very helpful at helping me figure out where I want to go.

User avatar
blacklawboss
Posts: 522
Joined: Tue Jan 11, 2011 6:22 pm

Re: Fordham Class of 2014

Postby blacklawboss » Mon May 02, 2011 11:18 am

Thanks a lot for a genuine response!

akcorps
Posts: 127
Joined: Tue Nov 09, 2010 4:34 pm

Re: Fordham Class of 2014

Postby akcorps » Mon May 02, 2011 11:49 am

blacklawboss wrote:Thanks a lot for a genuine response!

What can I say? I try to be a genuine guy whenever possible.

User avatar
blacklawboss
Posts: 522
Joined: Tue Jan 11, 2011 6:22 pm

Re: Fordham Class of 2014

Postby blacklawboss » Mon May 02, 2011 12:09 pm

akcorps wrote:
blacklawboss wrote:Thanks a lot for a genuine response!

What can I say? I try to be a genuine guy whenever possible.


Great lawyer answer :lol:

akcorps
Posts: 127
Joined: Tue Nov 09, 2010 4:34 pm

Re: Fordham Class of 2014

Postby akcorps » Tue May 03, 2011 10:55 am

Yesterday on ATL there was a post on the law school merit scholly "game." If you are not familiar with ATL, I do not recommend it in general because I think its full of assholes, whiners, and whiney assholes, but the point is interesting in and of itself. You can read it here:

http://abovethelaw.com/2011/05/are-law- ... ig-racket/

Or, you can read the realllly long NYTimes article that trades on a lot of distorted figures and whatnot about TTTs and T4's as if they were viable choices for a biglaw legal career. This is the second article (maybe from the same author) discussing the high cost of and lottery like payoff of going to law school. I do not think these articles are well written or informative if you have actually been through a cycle and seriously looked into law school, but there are a lot of people who read this forum and thread because they are concerned about going to Fordham as opposed to some other school based on money. Read the articles and think about the pertinent facts as they apply to you if you are interested.

For those of us who have received merit aid from Fordham, I have to say one of the things that has been really key to my decision making process is that it is not contingent on maintaining a GPA or facing a cut in aid. Not that I think this kind of set up is really a problem for most students, but it is less than honorable and upfront as I think it is geared towards reducing aid for at least some students. The fact Fordham does not do this I think puts their money where their mouth is when it comes to their literature and whatnot on the admissions process and student selection. Usually I am a very cynical person, but I do think this a straight shot from them as opposed to the obviously sleazy money crap other schools pull (I am definitely thinking of you BLS, SJU, NYLS, etc. etc.).

EDIT:

Sorry, forgot to post the NYTimes article:
http://www.nytimes.com/2011/05/01/busin ... rants.html

User avatar
aaaaaah
Posts: 301
Joined: Wed Jan 26, 2011 3:20 pm

Re: Fordham Class of 2014

Postby aaaaaah » Tue May 03, 2011 2:52 pm

Yeah, I've been really happy with the "straight shot" approach Fordham seems to take with financial aid. At ASD someone asked Brown why their LRAP doesn't cover gov't work and his response was "Well, because too many of our students go into gov't and we can't afford it." It was a little surprising to hear that kind of honesty, but I really appreciate it.

In other news, I just realized the Wafels & Dinges truck has a Fordham stop. Can't friggin' wait.

User avatar
livefreeordie
Posts: 20
Joined: Sun Sep 19, 2010 10:37 pm

Re: Fordham Class of 2014

Postby livefreeordie » Wed May 18, 2011 6:26 pm

Hi All!

Wanted to say hello to all of the other Fordham 2014's!

:D

User avatar
aaaaaah
Posts: 301
Joined: Wed Jan 26, 2011 3:20 pm

Re: Fordham Class of 2014

Postby aaaaaah » Thu May 19, 2011 11:49 am

livefreeordie wrote:Hi All!

Wanted to say hello to all of the other Fordham 2014's!

:D



Hello!

Please bring that puppy to class. Is that even a real dog, or a stuffed animal? Cute overload.

User avatar
Gemini
Posts: 1943
Joined: Thu Mar 11, 2010 9:23 pm

Re: Fordham Class of 2014

Postby Gemini » Thu May 19, 2011 3:00 pm

aaaaaah wrote:
livefreeordie wrote:Hi All!

Wanted to say hello to all of the other Fordham 2014's!

:D



Hello!

Please bring that puppy to class. Is that even a real dog, or a stuffed animal? Cute overload.


OMG this. Adorable!

Wingdw
Posts: 59
Joined: Sat Dec 12, 2009 1:21 pm

Re: Fordham Class of 2014

Postby Wingdw » Sat May 21, 2011 3:45 pm

The only Fordham Stafford (Direct) Loan form I see on the website is for the current school year, not 2011-2012. Anyone know when they're going to post next year's form for us to fill out for our loans? Or am I missing something?

User avatar
Gemini
Posts: 1943
Joined: Thu Mar 11, 2010 9:23 pm

Re: Fordham Class of 2014

Postby Gemini » Sun May 22, 2011 1:43 pm

Wingdw wrote:The only Fordham Stafford (Direct) Loan form I see on the website is for the current school year, not 2011-2012. Anyone know when they're going to post next year's form for us to fill out for our loans? Or am I missing something?


You don't need to apply. They offer it to you in an email. Or at least they did in my case. And on the bottom of the letter you can choose to accept or decline it. You have to apply for GradPlus, though.




Return to “TLS Class of 2014 Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest