Michigan Class of 2014 Forum

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2014)
Wanpsack1

New

Michigan Class of 2014

Post by Wanpsack1 » Thu Sep 09, 2010 1:44 pm

Someone had to start this topic. I deferred from last year and will be summer starting. See you all in Michigan.

2ofspades

Bronze

Re: Michigan Class of 2014

Post by 2ofspades » Thu Sep 09, 2010 9:03 pm

+1

drlardfanni

New

Post by drlardfanni » Mon Nov 08, 2010 2:53 pm

Awesome me too. Now let's get down to business. Does anybody have any guesses as to what two classes will be taught this summer? It seems Contracts and Torts are the favorites, but Civil procedure has made an appearance occasionally. I just want to know what to expect.

wildcathighfive

Bronze

Post by wildcathighfive » Fri Nov 12, 2010 10:12 am

just found out last night that i'm in! i was early decision, so i'm definitely summer starting and very excited!

artichoke

Silver

Post by artichoke » Sat Nov 20, 2010 6:30 pm

Fall start here. Can't wait!

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

bruinwang

New

Post by bruinwang » Sun Jan 23, 2011 11:32 pm

Wanpsack1 wrote:Someone had to start this topic. I deferred from last year and will be summer starting. See you all in Michigan.
Same here! You attending either of the ASWs in March? I realize it's a little moot for us deferrals, since we're definitely going to be there by the end of May anyway...

artichoke

Silver

Post by artichoke » Sun Jan 23, 2011 11:42 pm

Wanpsack1

New

Post by Wanpsack1 » Wed Jan 26, 2011 5:48 pm

bruinwang wrote:
Wanpsack1 wrote:Someone had to start this topic. I deferred from last year and will be summer starting. See you all in Michigan.
Same here! You attending either of the ASWs in March? I realize it's a little moot for us deferrals, since we're definitely going to be there by the end of May anyway...

I went last year and then deferred until this year. I had a good time, but I was 95% sure that I wanted to go before I went. It did give me a better understanding of locations of housing, stores, etc. Never lived in that part of the country so it was nice to be able to prep myself for what I was getting myself into, but not at all necessary. I was just using it as an excuse to get out of work for a few days.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

pobeda007

New

Post by pobeda007 » Thu Jan 27, 2011 1:16 pm

I just got in for the summer start! Very excited and looking forward to ASW in March. :D

Wanpsack1

New

Post by Wanpsack1 » Thu Jan 27, 2011 3:53 pm

Well, I got the email today from Dean Zearfoss giving us some information on what classes we will be enjoying this summer.

This year, the two doctrinal courses offered to summer-starters are:

Civil Procedure, taught by Professor Ed Cooper <http://web.law.umich.edu/_FacultyBioPag ... .asp?ID=45> , and

Torts, taught by Professor Sherman Clark <http://web.law.umich.edu/_FacultyBioPag ... asp?ID=177> .

and

Legal Practice with
Philip M. Frost <http://cgi2.www.law.umich.edu/_FacultyB ... asp?ID=141> , the Director of the Legal Practice Program;
Rachel Croskery-Roberts <http://cgi2.www.law.umich.edu/_FacultyB ... asp?ID=147> , the Assistant Director; and
Mark Osbeck <http://web.law.umich.edu/_FacultyBioPag ... asp?ID=124> , who joined the Michigan Law faculty in 2001.

No times or other information, but at least you know what to look for now.

MissLucky

Silver

Post by MissLucky » Thu Jan 27, 2011 5:21 pm

pobeda007 wrote:I just got in for the summer start! Very excited and looking forward to ASW in March. :D
Are people bringing their parents? I definitely want to to get a second opinion, but is that weird/a faux pas of some sort? Thanks! and yay UMich! :D

OxfordCommaJunkie

New

Post by OxfordCommaJunkie » Wed Feb 09, 2011 8:29 pm

MissLucky wrote:
pobeda007 wrote:I just got in for the summer start! Very excited and looking forward to ASW in March. :D
Are people bringing their parents? I definitely want to to get a second opinion, but is that weird/a faux pas of some sort? Thanks! and yay UMich! :D
It seems that you can bring family/friends with you to look at the campus but they would need separate hotel arrangements than yours. Of course, that's only if you're opting to have the university provide for your room/board because in that case you'll be sharing with fellow admitted students and the school cannot accommodate family and friends who may come with you. I am definitely attending the event and it'll just be me and my suitcase! :D

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

whizbang

New

Post by whizbang » Sat Feb 19, 2011 1:00 am

I just mailed in my enrollment deposit!!! It is official!!!

yoitsmebenny

Bronze

Post by yoitsmebenny » Tue Mar 01, 2011 5:32 pm

Mailing in my deposit soon. Officially in this club.

Dr. Van Nostrand

Bronze

Post by Dr. Van Nostrand » Thu Mar 10, 2011 7:59 pm

Congrats on choosing Michigan, none of you will be disappointed. If any of you are summer starters and still looking for the place to stay, pm me I have a HUGE one bedroom apartment at a great price that I need to sublet (or you can take over the lease entirely if that suits you).

cigol

New

Post by cigol » Sat Mar 12, 2011 2:24 pm

That's a great draw with Sherman Clark. He's arguably the best lecturer on the faculty. Great person too.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

InvictusFortis

Bronze

Post by InvictusFortis » Tue Mar 15, 2011 4:59 pm

Did anyone get a chance to see a double in the law quad? (our tour only saw a single)

I'm wondering if it's better to go for a single or a double.

NikaneOkie

Bronze

Post by NikaneOkie » Tue Mar 15, 2011 5:00 pm

InvictusFortis wrote:Did anyone get a chance to see a double in the law quad? (our tour only saw a single)

I think they have the square feet etc. listed online

whathojeeves

Bronze

Post by whathojeeves » Tue Mar 15, 2011 7:49 pm

InvictusFortis wrote:Did anyone get a chance to see a double in the law quad? (our tour only saw a single)

The bedrooms in the doubles are TINY. The regular single (not the economy single) is pretty massive.

InvictusFortis

Bronze

Post by InvictusFortis » Wed Mar 16, 2011 11:57 am

whathojeeves wrote:

The bedrooms in the doubles are TINY. The regular single (not the economy single) is pretty massive.
Have you decided on which one you will choose? I'm torn between getting to know someone in the double or living in a single (probably a bit more hassle-free).

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

whathojeeves

Bronze

Post by whathojeeves » Wed Mar 16, 2011 12:29 pm

InvictusFortis wrote:
whathojeeves wrote:

Have you decided on which one you will choose? I'm torn between getting to know someone in the double or living in a single (probably a bit more hassle-free).
If I go to Umich, I'll probably be in a reg single or off campus.

SweetrollStealer

New

Post by SweetrollStealer » Thu Mar 17, 2011 11:29 pm

InvictusFortis wrote:
whathojeeves wrote:

FWIW, I'm a 1L living in a double in the lawyers club now, and I like it a lot. The (enormous) common more than makes up for the relatively small bedrooms; overall just feels like more living space with more opportunities for furniture, &c. Also many (possibly all?) are on the same floor as the bathroom.

InvictusFortis

Bronze

Post by InvictusFortis » Fri Mar 18, 2011 8:52 am

nhop wrote:
FWIW, I'm a 1L living in a double in the lawyers club now, and I like it a lot. The (enormous) common more than makes up for the relatively small bedrooms; overall just feels like more living space with more opportunities for furniture, &c. Also many (possibly all?) are on the same floor as the bathroom.
Is there enough room in the bedroom to study (in the double)?

BlakcMajikc

Silver

Post by BlakcMajikc » Tue Mar 22, 2011 4:53 pm

tag

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “TLS Class of 2014 Forum”