Northwestern Law Class of 2014 Forum

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2014)
FredFlinstone

New

Re: Northwestern Law Class of 2014

Post by FredFlinstone » Mon May 09, 2011 3:38 pm

Wow... your summers all seem so much more interesting than mine. I just hope to get in as much basketball as I can before school starts. From what I hear, there won't be too much time to play basketball during first year law.

Lawandi, maybe I'm a noob, but what is a 0L book?

Upton Sinclair

Bronze

Post by Upton Sinclair » Mon May 09, 2011 3:41 pm

Withdrew from Penn and will be putting down my deposit at NU tomorrow. Tough decision, but I'm confident I made the right move. Excited to be joining this thread.

Flips88

Diamond

Post by Flips88 » Mon May 09, 2011 3:44 pm

FredFlinstone wrote:Wow... your summers all seem so much more interesting than mine. I just hope to get in as much basketball as I can before school starts. From what I hear, there won't be too much time to play basketball during first year law.

If you're looking for someone to play with in Chicago, I'm down

lawandi

Bronze

Post by lawandi » Mon May 09, 2011 4:24 pm

FredFlinstone wrote:Wow... your summers all seem so much more interesting than mine. I just hope to get in as much basketball as I can before school starts. From what I hear, there won't be too much time to play basketball during first year law.

Law School Confidential, Getting to Maybe, that sort of thing... Basically books that talk about the 1L experience and give you advice.

rinkrat19

Diamond

Post by rinkrat19 » Mon May 09, 2011 4:27 pm

Flips88 wrote:

Forget basketball, I need to find a rink with a low-level (but not beginner) men's or co-ed ice hockey league that doesn't mind a chick playing. (I do not like playing with all women. They're bitchy.) Joining up at a new rink SUCKS. League hockey is really clique-y and you can easily make an ass of yourself...multiplied by about a thousand for me because of the gender issue.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Welker_83

New

Post by Welker_83 » Mon May 09, 2011 4:50 pm

Flips88 wrote:

I'll make my first ever post to say that I'm also in for basketball. The place I'm hoping to live in Streeterville has an indoor half-court. Don't know what the full-court options are...

splitmuch

Silver

Post by splitmuch » Mon May 09, 2011 4:58 pm

Welker_83 wrote:
Flips88 wrote:

I'll make my first ever post to say that I'm also in for basketball. The place I'm hoping to live in Streeterville has an indoor half-court. Don't know what the full-court options are...
I'm also in. I believe that if you get the subsidized holomes place membership you can also use the lake shor east fieldhouse which has a full-court.

Flips88

Diamond

Post by Flips88 » Mon May 09, 2011 5:01 pm

I wish the UG campus was closer so law students could play intramurals and ball all over the 18 year olds

Flustercluck

Bronze

Post by Flustercluck » Mon May 09, 2011 5:02 pm

splitmuch wrote:
Welker_83 wrote:
Flips88 wrote:

I'm also in. I believe that if you get the subsidized holomes place membership you can also use the lake shor east fieldhouse which has a full-court.
In for BBall as well, I'll be the guy playing like Kendrick Perkins...

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Flips88

Diamond

Post by Flips88 » Mon May 09, 2011 5:03 pm

Flustercluck wrote: In for BBall as well, I'll be the guy playing like Kendrick Perkins...
In terms of body size, attitude, or lack of offensive skills? :lol:

Bumi

Silver

Post by Bumi » Mon May 09, 2011 5:06 pm

Flips88 wrote:I wish the UG campus was closer so law students could play intramurals and ball all over the 18 year olds
Ditto, but for the sports I can actually play.

Flustercluck

Bronze

Post by Flustercluck » Mon May 09, 2011 5:10 pm

Flips88 wrote:
Flustercluck wrote: In for BBall as well, I'll be the guy playing like Kendrick Perkins...
All of the above my friend... my contribution to a team is I score two (usually garbage or transition), the guy I'm guarding gets zero, and there's a bunch of rebounds and assists in between... see also "dennis rodman," minus the dress...

Flips88

Diamond

Post by Flips88 » Mon May 09, 2011 5:16 pm

Flustercluck wrote:
Flips88 wrote:
All of the above my friend... my contribution to a team is I score two (usually garbage or transition), the guy I'm guarding gets zero, and there's a bunch of rebounds and assists in between... see also "dennis rodman," minus the dress...
We can trade off at C and PF. I like to bang around in the lane.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Welker_83

New

Post by Welker_83 » Mon May 09, 2011 5:30 pm

Flustercluck wrote:
Flips88 wrote:
As a Celtics fan, I welcome the opportunity to re-live the KP experience.

Don't know if everyone's already seen this but it looks like we could form an IM team(s): --LinkRemoved--. Pencil me in at the point.

Bumi

Silver

Post by Bumi » Mon May 09, 2011 5:38 pm

Welker_83 wrote:Don't know if everyone's already seen this but it looks like we could form an IM team(s): --LinkRemoved--. Pencil me in at the point.
Whoa. Anyone like to play volleyball? Or am I barking up the wrong tall person sport?

Flips88

Diamond

Post by Flips88 » Mon May 09, 2011 5:41 pm

Bumi wrote:
Welker_83 wrote:Don't know if everyone's already seen this but it looks like we could form an IM team(s): --LinkRemoved--. Pencil me in at the point.
Whoa. Anyone like to play volleyball? Or am I barking up the wrong tall person sport?
I'm probably pretty bad at it, but I can play.

Flustercluck

Bronze

Post by Flustercluck » Mon May 09, 2011 5:41 pm

Flips88 wrote:We can trade off at C and PF. I like to bang around in the lane.
So we'd have a 1, a 4, and a 5... Now we just need two guys who can put the ball in the basket lol...

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Flips88

Diamond

Post by Flips88 » Mon May 09, 2011 5:43 pm

Flustercluck wrote:
So we'd have a 1, a 4, and a 5... Now we just need two guys who can put the ball in the basket lol...
:lol: I have decent post moves. I'm just not the quickest guy on the court and I really hate it when there's no one my size to guard and I end up guarding someone 6-10" shorter than me.

Welker_83

New

Post by Welker_83 » Mon May 09, 2011 5:45 pm

Flustercluck wrote:
In other words, we'd be the anti-Heat.

Flips88

Diamond

Post by Flips88 » Mon May 09, 2011 5:51 pm

Also just to point it out...Wes Welker is from OKC.

Flustercluck

Bronze

Post by Flustercluck » Mon May 09, 2011 5:56 pm

Flips88 wrote:
Flustercluck wrote:
:lol: I have decent post moves. I'm just not the quickest guy on the court and I really hate it when there's no one my size to guard and I end up guarding someone 6-10" shorter than me.
No worries, I love guarding the small quick guys... especially the confused look on their face when they realize I'm on them...

*just need to drop 10-15lbs before the school year begins so I can actually keep that pace up :)

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Welker_83

New

Post by Welker_83 » Mon May 09, 2011 6:05 pm

Flips88 wrote:Also just to point it out...Wes Welker is from OKC.
Did not know that. OKC suddenly a sports hotbead.

FredFlinstone

New

Post by FredFlinstone » Mon May 09, 2011 6:12 pm

Wahoooo! Sounds like we got some basketball enthusiasts here! How tall are you guys, flustercluck and flips88? You guys sound huge for some reason. I think I can play forward relatively well; I can drive, shoot, play some defense... Hopefully we can get together and play some ball over orientation week!

Flips88

Diamond

Post by Flips88 » Mon May 09, 2011 6:21 pm

Welker_83 wrote:
Flips88 wrote:Also just to point it out...Wes Welker is from OKC.
Did not know that. OKC suddenly a sports hotbead.
Wes Welker, Sam Bradford, Gerlad McCoy, Blake Griffin, Xavier Henry (1st round pick for the Grizzlies last year. Out with a knee injury for the playoffs), Daniel Orton (1st round pick for the Magic. Out with a knee injury as well haha). We put out a disproportionately high number of good athletes I feel

Flustercluck

Bronze

Post by Flustercluck » Mon May 09, 2011 6:27 pm

FredFlinstone wrote:Wahoooo! Sounds like we got some basketball enthusiasts here! How tall are you guys, flustercluck and flips88? You guys sound huge for some reason. I think I can play forward relatively well; I can drive, shoot, play some defense... Hopefully we can get together and play some ball over orientation week!
6'1"-6'2", 250lbs...

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “TLS Class of 2014 Forum”