Northwestern Law Class of 2014

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2014)
whathojeeves

Re: Northwestern Law Class of 2014

Postby whathojeeves » Tue Apr 05, 2011 12:40 pm

er doctor wrote:
homestyle28 wrote:I woke up this morning and realized how soon ASW was, woot!..but then realized that by Friday morning I will be shaking in my boots in the midst of a social anxiety attack...please like me fellow NULSers!!!!

I was at an ASW last weekend and was totally paralyzed by social anxiety. Hopefully this weekend will be a little more comfortable. If not, you and I can stand at the back of the crowd and not talk to one another :oops:

If you're speaking, as I believe you are, about the UMich ASW, you were probably just struck dumb by the sheer perkiness of the whole experience. I still can't quite process that people are that cheerful without chemical assistance.

Aine

Postby Aine » Tue Apr 05, 2011 1:13 pm

whathojeeves wrote:
er doctor wrote:
homestyle28 wrote:I woke up this morning and realized how soon ASW was, woot!..but then realized that by Friday morning I will be shaking in my boots in the midst of a social anxiety attack...please like me fellow NULSers!!!!

I was at an ASW last weekend and was totally paralyzed by social anxiety. Hopefully this weekend will be a little more comfortable. If not, you and I can stand at the back of the crowd and not talk to one another :oops:

If you're speaking, as I believe you are, about the UMich ASW, you were probably just struck dumb by the sheer perkiness of the whole experience. I still can't quite process that people are that cheerful without chemical assistance.

When I went last year, I managed to trip running UP stairs in front of EVERYONE in an effort to retrieve a notebook I'd left in the atrium. I'm sure you'll both do better than that!!

er doctor

Postby er doctor » Tue Apr 05, 2011 1:33 pm

whathojeeves wrote:
er doctor wrote:

That's where I was. If I choose Michigan I hope to inject some much-needed cynicism into the mix.

whathojeeves

Postby whathojeeves » Tue Apr 05, 2011 1:38 pm

er doctor wrote:
whathojeeves wrote:
er doctor wrote:

That's where I was. If I choose Michigan I hope to inject some much-needed cynicism into the mix.

Oh good. We can be snark buddies.

Postby 09042014 » Tue Apr 05, 2011 1:39 pm

Did one of you set up a meet up for TLSers before ASW?

homestyle28

Postby homestyle28 » Tue Apr 05, 2011 2:35 pm

Desert Fox wrote:Did one of you set up a meet up for TLSers before ASW?

I don't think anyone has tried to pull anything together

SMA22

Postby SMA22 » Tue Apr 05, 2011 2:37 pm

homestyle28 wrote:

If not this week, then sometime this summer I'd love to meet you guys once we are all settled.

homestyle28

Postby homestyle28 » Tue Apr 05, 2011 2:43 pm

SMA22 wrote:
homestyle28 wrote:

If not this week, then sometime this summer I'd love to meet you guys once we are all settled.

fo' sho!

Remnantofisrael

Postby Remnantofisrael » Tue Apr 05, 2011 6:38 pm

I'm sure there are answers to these questions but in waiting on Internet connection and have been crazy busy moving my family.

Do I bring my spouse to any of the asw events? What should I wear?

Also, any tlsers getting together around the event, I just moved to wicker park this week, so I'm down.

Also, might be nice to mingle with other married or married with kids admits.

fjsms

Postby fjsms » Tue Apr 05, 2011 6:56 pm

On spouses: Mine will be there. Trying to figure out which events he should attend and which (if any) he shouldn't. Looking at the newly updated, more detailed weekend schedule just confuses me more. Wonder if any current students can weigh in on how this has worked in the past?

Bumi

Postby Bumi » Tue Apr 05, 2011 7:11 pm

Remnantofisrael wrote:Also, any tlsers getting together around the event, I just moved to wicker park this week, so I'm down.

8pm, Thursday. Next person to make a post who lives in Chicago picks the bar. Dress like your avatar.

SemperLegal

Postby SemperLegal » Tue Apr 05, 2011 7:16 pm

Dressing like my Avatar is pretty easy.

Flustercluck

Postby Flustercluck » Tue Apr 05, 2011 7:20 pm

Is it wrong that while I anm not sad about missing ASW (went to diverse admit weekend instead), I am sad about missing the prospective TLS meet-up?

whathojeeves

Postby whathojeeves » Tue Apr 05, 2011 7:30 pm

Bumi wrote:
Remnantofisrael wrote:Also, any tlsers getting together around the event, I just moved to wicker park this week, so I'm down.

8pm, Thursday. Next person to make a post who lives in Chicago picks the bar. Dress like your avatar.

I don't get in until Fri morning -- SAD FACE

Remnantofisrael

Postby Remnantofisrael » Tue Apr 05, 2011 7:39 pm

Ill be there.

Significant others invited?

jfb

Postby jfb » Tue Apr 05, 2011 7:45 pm

Remnantofisrael wrote:I'm sure there are answers to these questions but in waiting on Internet connection and have been crazy busy moving my family.

Also, any tlsers getting together around the event, I just moved to wicker park this week, so I'm down.

I was also wondering this, never been to an asw so would love some input on this.

er doctor

Postby er doctor » Tue Apr 05, 2011 8:17 pm

I will be there....my S.O. is out of town so I will be alone.

I intend to dress casually - I already wore a suit for the interview.

cubswin

Postby cubswin » Tue Apr 05, 2011 8:33 pm

Bumi wrote:

8pm, Thursday. Next person to make a post who lives in Chicago picks the bar.

CLUB CRESCENDO BRAH

Gotta play by the rules; I trust you're a man of your word. By the way, I won't be there.

VulcanVulcanVulcan

Postby VulcanVulcanVulcan » Tue Apr 05, 2011 8:38 pm

I'm going to be there. Looking forward to being awkward and vaguely intimidated by everyone!

Also doing some housing investigating...we should have some communal pool for photos and reviews of different buildings. Or just this thread.

Remnantofisrael

Postby Remnantofisrael » Tue Apr 05, 2011 8:50 pm

cubswin wrote:
Bumi wrote:

8pm, Thursday. Next person to make a post who lives in Chicago picks the bar.

CLUB CRESCENDO BRAH

Gotta play by the rules; I trust you're a man of your word. By the way, I won't be there.

Ok mr. Technical. I guess bumi should play by the rules. Good thing I was the next person who lives in chi town to post unless semper or fluster live here, so I get to pick. And it might take some convincing to pick douche central. I mean club douche central. Not that I actually know the place - I'm a newbie.

Where abouts are people anyway? I'd like to rely on others who know Chicago a bit more.

Remnantofisrael

Postby Remnantofisrael » Tue Apr 05, 2011 8:56 pm

Also, LAWYERED.

Now im the douche.

Aine

Postby Aine » Wed Apr 06, 2011 1:59 am

jfb wrote:
Remnantofisrael wrote:I'm sure there are answers to these questions but in waiting on Internet connection and have been crazy busy moving my family.

I was also wondering this, never been to an asw so would love some input on this.

I would describe ASW-wear as "meet your boyfriend's parents for a semi-casual dinner." No one really dresses up that much, but everyone looks put together and respectable. I wore nice jeans (not scruffy, no holes) and a t-shirt with a blazer over it or a nice sweater (it was a little chilly). Guys were mostly in jeans and button downs/sweaters or khakis and button downs/sweaters. Hope that's helpful!!

Have fun :)

homestyle28

Postby homestyle28 » Wed Apr 06, 2011 8:24 am

Aine wrote:
jfb wrote:

I would describe ASW-wear as "meet your boyfriend's parents for a semi-casual dinner." No one really dresses up that much, but everyone looks put together and respectable. I wore nice jeans (not scruffy, no holes) and a t-shirt with a blazer over it or a nice sweater (it was a little chilly). Guys were mostly in jeans and button downs/sweaters or khakis and button downs/sweaters. Hope that's helpful!!

Have fun :)

So you're saying I shouldn't wear my NULaw t-shirt? or sweathirt? or baseball cap? what's the point of owning all this purple if I can't wear it???

...I plan on khakis and button-down on friday...maybe jeans and button down on Saturday...Christ I feel lame for putting that much thought into this...Law school is going to be very different than grad school...

Sadly won't make the Thursday meetup, but will be there in spirit(s)

SMA22

Postby SMA22 » Wed Apr 06, 2011 9:07 am

I wore jeans, a t-shirt, and a fleece vest to the diversity ASW and fit in fine. Unless everyone secretly thought I was a total slob :D

Cannot make the meet-up this time around, but I'm looking forward to seeing all of you this fall--have a good time!

Bumi

Postby Bumi » Wed Apr 06, 2011 11:42 am

SMA22 wrote:I wore jeans

Amen.

Return to “TLS Class of 2014 Forum”