Northwestern Law Class of 2014

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2014)
cubswin

Re: Northwestern Law Class of 2014

Postby cubswin » Fri Apr 01, 2011 2:19 pm

src42 wrote:
Aine wrote: I'm super awkward about meeting people that I've talked to on the Internetz so maybe it's for the best?
Yeah, I imagine the conversations go something like this:

TLS person: Oh, so you're src42! Cool!
Me: Yep.
TLS person: Your avatar is a kitten. Is that your kitten?
Me: Nope, just a cute kitten.
TLS person: Haha, well...cool.

I am still on the fence about outing myself as a TLSer.

cubswin

Postby cubswin » Fri Apr 01, 2011 2:20 pm

Corsair wrote:Successful NU Grad here, feel free to ask me any questions.

Didn't you used to have several thousand posts?

homestyle28

Postby homestyle28 » Fri Apr 01, 2011 2:20 pm

Corsair wrote:Successful NU Grad here, feel free to ask me any questions.

what did you do with Jared?

homestyle28

Postby homestyle28 » Fri Apr 01, 2011 2:22 pm

cubswin wrote:
src42 wrote:
Aine wrote: I'm super awkward about meeting people that I've talked to on the Internetz so maybe it's for the best?
Yeah, I imagine the conversations go something like this:

TLS person: Oh, so you're src42! Cool!
Me: Yep.
TLS person: Your avatar is a kitten. Is that your kitten?
Me: Nope, just a cute kitten.
TLS person: Haha, well...cool.

I am still on the fence about outing myself as a TLSer.

Me: are you on TLS
Super cool accomplished future NU classmante: what's TLS?
Me: oh an internet board dedicated to law school
SCAFNUC: No, I'm too busy with my meaningful job
me: :oops:

or

me: hey, yeah I'm homestyle
other TLSer: the dude who posts all that jacked up stuff
mywife: slap

bryanhan

Postby bryanhan » Fri Apr 01, 2011 2:38 pm

Aine wrote:
bryanhan wrote:
homestyle28 wrote:Mailed off my final seat deposit and scholly acceptance form this morning...now to take a lot of nyquil and hibernate until August 1st.

Great! I gotta do that soon...

You said you're abroad yeah? Where are you?

I am in Seoul, South Korea. (Just got up at 3:30 in the morning because I felt that I needed to check TLS. ;))

src42

Postby src42 » Fri Apr 01, 2011 3:32 pm

cubswin wrote:I am still on the fence about outing myself as a TLSer.
Yeah, I don't think I will unless someone asks me. And even then I'll probably be like, "Yeah, I've been on that site once or twice. There's some good LSAT prep material." Instead of the truth, which is more like, "Yeah, I'm on that site all day and literally do no work anymore."

homestyle28

Postby homestyle28 » Fri Apr 01, 2011 3:56 pm

src42 wrote:
Yeah, I don't think I will unless someone asks me. And even then I'll probably be like, "Yeah, I've been on that site once or twice. There's some good LSAT prep material." Instead of the truth, which is more like, "Yeah, I'm on that site all day and literally do no work anymore."

Had I attended last year I would've had a semi-sane amount of posts almost entirely in the on-topic threads and would've felt savvy about my use of TLS...instead I deferred and started the need for serious time wasting...then I reached 500 posts, then 1000...I'm a little scared to see what my # will be by August.

Aine

Postby Aine » Sat Apr 02, 2011 1:11 am

src42 wrote:

Exactly.

I imagine I'll end up friends with at least one of you --through normal person-to-person socializing. One day, after a particularly gruesome exam, we'll go out for a drink. After months of friendship, a lot of stress, and a few beers, we will admit to each other that *gasp* we were both fairly active posters on TLS.

...but only then.

Eugenie Danglars

Postby Eugenie Danglars » Mon Apr 04, 2011 10:52 pm

Just activated my northwestern account. Very exciting!

Bumi

Postby Bumi » Tue Apr 05, 2011 12:17 am

Eugenie Danglars wrote:Just activated my northwestern account. Very exciting!

You just reminded me to do that. I hope all the awesome email addresses aren't already taken.

Bumi

Postby Bumi » Tue Apr 05, 2011 12:20 am

Good christ. What the hell am I creating a password for, the CIA?

Eugenie Danglars

Postby Eugenie Danglars » Tue Apr 05, 2011 12:30 am

Bumi wrote:Good christ. What the hell am I creating a password for, the CIA?

At least it wasn't as bad as GULC's thing.

Bumi

Postby Bumi » Tue Apr 05, 2011 12:31 am

Eugenie Danglars wrote:

I WOULDNT KNOW.
Who cares if they rejected me, I'm going to Chicago on Wednesday! Anyone want to meet up for pre-ASW beers?

Eugenie Danglars

Postby Eugenie Danglars » Tue Apr 05, 2011 12:33 am

Bumi wrote:
Eugenie Danglars wrote:

I WOULDNT KNOW.
Who cares if they rejected me, I'm going to Chicago on Wednesday! Anyone want to meet up for pre-ASW beers?

oops sorry. Northwestern is way better anyhow. ;D

Bumi

Postby Bumi » Tue Apr 05, 2011 12:37 am

Eugenie Danglars wrote:
Bumi wrote:
Eugenie Danglars wrote:

I WOULDNT KNOW.

oops sorry. Northwestern is way better anyhow. ;D

Hush. I need to focus here. I'm creating like six accounts with fourteen passwords that all need to rotate every 120 minutes.

ArchRoark

Postby ArchRoark » Tue Apr 05, 2011 2:40 am

I'll be the guy walking in late on Saturday. Here is to hoping that it won't be cold, I don't even own a real winter jacket.

EDIT: After the password requirements at my job, NU's seem like cake. Only an 8 character limit? Pffft

Eugenie Danglars

Postby Eugenie Danglars » Tue Apr 05, 2011 3:05 am

ArchRoark wrote:
EDIT: After the password requirements at my job, NU's seem like cake. Only an 8 character limit? Pffft

I know! I use variants of a very secure password for different things, and I had to make up a new one because my usual was too long! Maybe they get sick of people forgetting long ones.

ArchRoark, for some reason, your name makes me think of Roark from a Time to Kill. "Rooow-ark" That was about the only humorous bit of that book, actually.

homestyle28

Postby homestyle28 » Tue Apr 05, 2011 8:31 am

I woke up this morning and realized how soon ASW was, woot!..but then realized that by Friday morning I will be shaking in my boots in the midst of a social anxiety attack...please like me fellow NULSers!!!!

rinkrat19

Postby rinkrat19 » Tue Apr 05, 2011 9:11 am

homestyle28 wrote:I woke up this morning and realized how soon ASW was, woot!..but then realized that by Friday morning I will be shaking in my boots in the midst of a social anxiety attack...please like me fellow NULSers!!!!

You can sit in the back with me.

Also: I want my NU email address toooooo! I feel so left out. :cry: Welcome to Deferral Limbo, rinkrat.

homestyle28

Postby homestyle28 » Tue Apr 05, 2011 9:21 am

rinkrat19 wrote:
homestyle28 wrote:I woke up this morning and realized how soon ASW was, woot!..but then realized that by Friday morning I will be shaking in my boots in the midst of a social anxiety attack...please like me fellow NULSers!!!!

You can sit in the back with me.

Also: I want my NU email address toooooo! I feel so left out. :cry: Welcome to Deferral Limbo, rinkrat.

Woo for sitting in the back...look for me I'll be the guy walking randomly up to women and saying "rinkrat?"..."rinkrat?" and getting ALOT of odd looks...

ah the deferral purgatory, I know it too well! the good news is, it's worst at the end of August, but then gets better as you watch 1Ls prep for exams/summer job search then before you know it, it's admissions season again and your back in the game!

er doctor

Postby er doctor » Tue Apr 05, 2011 9:52 am

I was at an ASW last weekend and was totally paralyzed by social anxiety. Hopefully this weekend will be a little more comfortable. If not, you and I can stand at the back of the crowd and not talk to one another :oops:

SMA22

Postby SMA22 » Tue Apr 05, 2011 9:59 am

Unfortunately, I'm swamped at work and don't think I can make it to this weekends' ASW, but I am definitely looking forward to meeting any of you I didn't meet at the diversity ASW in August!

If anybody needs a last minute place to crash, PM me :D Must love dogs...

Looking at apartments in Streeter tomorrow, we shall see. Pix to follow.

homestyle28

Postby homestyle28 » Tue Apr 05, 2011 10:08 am

er doctor wrote:

I was at an ASW last weekend and was totally paralyzed by social anxiety. Hopefully this weekend will be a little more comfortable. If not, you and I can stand at the back of the crowd and not talk to one another :oops:

shhhhhhh...let's just stand here and quietly try to pick out the people in the crowd we are smarter than, c'mon job security daddy needs a new pair of loan payments :)

D-hops

Postby D-hops » Tue Apr 05, 2011 11:36 am

Eugenie Danglars wrote:
ArchRoark wrote:

I know! I use variants of a very secure password for different things, and I had to make up a new one because my usual was too long! Maybe they get sick of people forgetting long ones.

The IT department is a little behind the times and didn't have a database that could store passwords longer than 8 characters. Because the passwords were so small they make you change in pretty constantly and it sucks. I hear that they are going to be allowing longer passwords soon and this will result in making you change it only once a year .

rinkrat19

Postby rinkrat19 » Tue Apr 05, 2011 11:59 am

D-hops wrote:
Eugenie Danglars wrote:
ArchRoark wrote:

The IT department is a little behind the times and didn't have a database that could store passwords longer than 8 characters. Because the passwords were so small they make you change in pretty constantly and it sucks. I hear that they are going to be allowing longer passwords soon and this will result in making you change it only once a year .

Ugh. All this accomplishes is forcing me to write all my passwords down somewhere obvious and easily accessible. Which is GREAT for security.

OTOH, I also hate passwords that require capital letters and symbols. When are we gonna switch over to fingerprint or retina scans?

Return to “TLS Class of 2014 Forum”