Northwestern Law Class of 2014

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2014)
Bumi

Re: Northwestern Law Class of 2014

Postby Bumi » Wed Aug 17, 2011 5:40 pm

rinkrat19 wrote:
Z3RO wrote:I don't want to be the only asshole there in a tie, and I certainly don't wan to be the only one without.

Wear a button-down shirt that can be worn with a tie, and bring a tie in your bag.

Sounds perfect. I will do this too.

splitmuch

Postby splitmuch » Thu Aug 18, 2011 1:45 pm

When do loans disburse? Was there some place I was supposed to submit direct deposit info?

bdubs

Postby bdubs » Thu Aug 18, 2011 2:00 pm

splitmuch wrote:When do loans disburse? Was there some place I was supposed to submit direct deposit info?

IIRC I got an e-mail that said Aug 29. You need to set up direct deposit info on CAESAR

Eugenie Danglars

Postby Eugenie Danglars » Thu Aug 18, 2011 2:07 pm

Bumi wrote:
rinkrat19 wrote:
Z3RO wrote:I don't want to be the only asshole there in a tie, and I certainly don't wan to be the only one without.

Wear a button-down shirt that can be worn with a tie, and bring a tie in your bag.

Button down blouse and black slacks are ok for ladies, right?

SMA22

Postby SMA22 » Thu Aug 18, 2011 2:56 pm

Eugenie Danglars wrote:
Bumi wrote:
rinkrat19 wrote:

Button down blouse and black slacks are ok for ladies, right?

That's what I was anticipating wearing so you won't be alone.

splitmuch

Postby splitmuch » Thu Aug 18, 2011 4:00 pm

Bumi wrote:
rinkrat19 wrote:

If i remember right, the email stressed business casual from the waist up. Was I the only asshat planning on wearing khaki shorts if its hot?

Flips88

Postby Flips88 » Thu Aug 18, 2011 6:05 pm

Ok. breaking radio silence here.

a)If they put as much effort into getting schedules ready as they do updating us about the new carpeting, we would have had them weeks ago...

b)What's up with the guy that keeps creating events and inviting the whole fb group to? He's a transfer as far as I can tell but is trying to meet as many Class of 2014 kids as possible?

c) I would like to be able to play basketball next week, but I haven't registered for the gym yet and because I left my checkbook in Chicago and have been gone for the last 10 days and won't be back till Saturday, I will not be able to get the form in by the 22nd to be good to start on Sept 1st. So if anyone wants to get a game together at a public court (like I saw someone ask about on the fb wall) then I'd be up for that.

splitmuch

Postby splitmuch » Thu Aug 18, 2011 6:56 pm

Flips88 wrote:Ok. breaking radio silence here.

a)If they put as much effort into getting schedules ready as they do updating us about the new carpeting, we would have had them weeks ago...

b)What's up with the guy that keeps creating events and inviting the whole fb group to? He's a transfer as far as I can tell but is trying to meet as many Class of 2014 kids as possible?

c) I would like to be able to play basketball next week, but I haven't registered for the gym yet and because I left my checkbook in Chicago and have been gone for the last 10 days and won't be back till Saturday, I will not be able to get the form in by the 22nd to be good to start on Sept 1st. So if anyone wants to get a game together at a public court (like I saw someone ask about on the fb wall) then I'd be up for that.

Be careful robotclub may scold you. Honestly though i dont really mind, id like to meet some classmates but have nowhere near the initiative to organize things like that so i dont mind piggybacking. The only weird one was the walk/run/tan thing lol. Id be down for some bball.

FredFlinstone

Postby FredFlinstone » Thu Aug 18, 2011 10:44 pm

just got my brand new Neverflat.. can't wait to wear it in! the parks are all at least a mile and a half away though, unless you guys know a closer one.

lawandi

Postby lawandi » Fri Aug 19, 2011 1:17 am

splitmuch wrote:
Flips88 wrote:Ok. breaking radio silence here.

Be careful robotclub may scold you. Honestly though i dont really mind, id like to meet some classmates but have nowhere near the initiative to organize things like that so i dont mind piggybacking. The only weird one was the walk/run/tan thing lol. Id be down for some bball.

The event he created for tomorrow night sounds fun :).

Anyone play tennis? I'm looking for someone to play with me at McClurg's courts sometime this weekend and hopefully on a regular basis. I have two extra racquets and I'm buying new balls tomorrow, so all you need is an interest in playing!

Flips88

Postby Flips88 » Fri Aug 19, 2011 1:26 am

Jesus Christ. That dude needs to cool it. 5 fb invites in 3 days.

ETA: Also, it does seem that Seward Park place is the nearest thing to the school. I'd be down to play still I think.

Bumi

Postby Bumi » Fri Aug 19, 2011 2:32 am

Flips88 wrote:If they put as much effort into getting schedules ready as they do updating us about the new carpeting, we would have had them weeks ago...

They can't do schedules until they sort us into sections, and they can't do that until we all show up on Monday. I heard it has something to do with a hat, I dunno what the deal is though.

edit: pic of the hat

mango2281

Postby mango2281 » Fri Aug 19, 2011 3:06 am

SMA22 wrote:I'm trying to stay off TLS and not stress about schedules and whatnot--haha, see how that's worked out for me :D

Kids, are we still down for Friday at 7:00 at Citzen (364 W. Erie)? I'll meet you out front of the patio, looking nervous and checking my Blackberry compulsively.

Just arrived in Chicago yesterday and I'd love to come! Unless I pass out after spending the entire day struggling with IKEA furniture assembly, that is :)
Can you PM me your number just in case I'm late? And can you bring your adorable dog?

Anybody else headed there from McClurg? With my sense of direction, I'll probably get lost :shock:

SMA22

Postby SMA22 » Fri Aug 19, 2011 11:32 am

mango2281 wrote:
SMA22 wrote:I'm trying to stay off TLS and not stress about schedules and whatnot--haha, see how that's worked out for me :D

Kids, are we still down for Friday at 7:00 at Citzen (364 W. Erie)? I'll meet you out front of the patio, looking nervous and checking my Blackberry compulsively.

Just arrived in Chicago yesterday and I'd love to come! Unless I pass out after spending the entire day struggling with IKEA furniture assembly, that is :)
Can you PM me your number just in case I'm late? And can you bring your adorable dog?

Anybody else headed there from McClurg? With my sense of direction, I'll probably get lost :shock:

Just remember to walk away from the lake, and you should find it fine :D

I added our event to the NU FB group; I'm guessing everyone will go to the other gathering, but if anyone doesn't feel comfortable with the social gunner but still wants to get out, I see no reason why they can't join us.

Remnantofisrael

Postby Remnantofisrael » Fri Aug 19, 2011 11:40 am

Bumi wrote:
Flips88 wrote:If they put as much effort into getting schedules ready as they do updating us about the new carpeting, we would have had them weeks ago...

They can't do schedules until they sort us into sections, and they can't do that until we all show up on Monday. I heard it has something to do with a hat, I dunno what the deal is though.

edit: pic of the hat

While very amusing, is this also true? I mean, sorting hat aside, do we have to wait till after day 1 of orientation to get section/class assignments? I swear I recently read that schedules would come out anytime after the 15th or something like that. Although that doesn't preclude a post-orientation sched release, I'd think it a little misleading if that was the case.

Have fun tonight - I'll be getting over a cold still.

lawandi

Postby lawandi » Fri Aug 19, 2011 11:41 am

I feel so conflicted!! Which event shall I attend?! :shock:

SMA22

Postby SMA22 » Fri Aug 19, 2011 11:47 am

lawandi wrote:I feel so conflicted!! Which event shall I attend?! :shock:

Don't feel bad at all if you'd rather go to the later event. I think they aren't starting until 10 in the Gold Coast, so people can attend both if they want. Or, we can crash their par-tay :D

Z3RO

Postby Z3RO » Fri Aug 19, 2011 11:56 am

from page somewhere in the 40's:

"You will not hear me say this often, but bjs is right.

I'm pretty sure we got our sections like 2 days before orientation, grades for 1st semester came out a week later than they were supposed to, and at this time last summer they still didn't believe me that I don't have a penis."

-Edit

That said, I don't even care. Went to Ohio State, so slow administration is like a warm bath to me.
Last edited by Z3RO on Fri Aug 19, 2011 11:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

lawandi

Postby lawandi » Fri Aug 19, 2011 11:57 am

SMA22 wrote:
lawandi wrote:I feel so conflicted!! Which event shall I attend?! :shock:

Don't feel bad at all if you'd rather go to the later event. I think they aren't starting until 10 in the Gold Coast, so people can attend both if they want. Or, we can crash their par-tay :D

Okay! I'll aim for both :). That way, I can meet your puppy AND take advantage of the ridiculously cheap drinks at rush/division.

SMA22

Postby SMA22 » Fri Aug 19, 2011 12:06 pm

Z3RO wrote:from page somewhere in the 40's:

"You will not hear me say this often, but bjs is right.

I'm pretty sure we got our sections like 2 days before orientation, grades for 1st semester came out a week later than they were supposed to, and at this time last summer they still didn't believe me that I don't have a penis."

-Edit

That said, I don't even care. Went to Ohio State, so slow administration is like a warm bath to me.

Someone in the prep class told me last night that they were told section assignments would be out today. I won't hold my breath, but it would be nice to know.

Bumi

Postby Bumi » Fri Aug 19, 2011 12:30 pm

SMA22 wrote:Someone in the prep class

How was that?

SMA22

Postby SMA22 » Fri Aug 19, 2011 12:42 pm

Bumi wrote:
SMA22 wrote:Someone in the prep class

How was that?

The NU-sponsored prep class that's meeting this week, I guess the faculty/admin person teaching it told them sections would be out today. I don't doubt that this was said, but it also doesn't guarantee that it will actually happen, unfortunately. It's a Friday afternoon on a beautiful day before the Air and Water Show, after all...

robotclubmember

Postby robotclubmember » Fri Aug 19, 2011 2:39 pm

Flips88 wrote:Jesus Christ. That dude needs to cool it. 5 fb invites in 3 days.

ETA: Also, it does seem that Seward Park place is the nearest thing to the school. I'd be down to play still I think.

like they say, when you see a parade jump out in front and hope everyone thinks you're the one leading it :) but you know what, someone has to do it so i'm ok with that.

splitmuch wrote: Be careful robotclub may scold you. Honestly though i dont really mind, id like to meet some classmates but have nowhere near the initiative to organize things like that so i dont mind piggybacking. The only weird one was the walk/run/tan thing lol. Id be down for some bball.

stop trying to make me feel bad, lol. how much gin do i have to ply you with for us to be cool?

Flips88

Postby Flips88 » Fri Aug 19, 2011 2:41 pm

robotclubmember wrote:
Flips88 wrote:Jesus Christ. That dude needs to cool it. 5 fb invites in 3 days.

like they say, when you see a parade jump out in front and hope everyone thinks you're the one leading it :) but you know what, someone has to do it so i'm ok with that.

splitmuch wrote: Be careful robotclub may scold you. Honestly though i dont really mind, id like to meet some classmates but have nowhere near the initiative to organize things like that so i dont mind piggybacking. The only weird one was the walk/run/tan thing lol. Id be down for some bball.

stop trying to make me feel bad, lol. how much gin do i have to ply you with for us to be cool?

So wait is that you? My impression was that guy is a transfer student that was C/O 2013

robotclubmember

Postby robotclubmember » Fri Aug 19, 2011 2:44 pm

no it's not me, i just meant i'm ok with someone (other than me) doing that

Return to “TLS Class of 2014 Forum”