Northwestern Law Class of 2014

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2014)
homestyle28

Re: Northwestern Law Class of 2014

Postby homestyle28 » Thu Aug 04, 2011 12:08 pm

Who wants to be locker buddies? I call top!

Flustercluck

Postby Flustercluck » Thu Aug 04, 2011 6:24 pm

Remnantofisrael wrote:COMPLETE SIDE NOTE / SHAMELESS PROMOTION: Anyone going to lalapalooza tomorrow? If so, DO NOT MISS the 4:15 show, Kids These Days. They are absolutely amazing. Hip-hop/jazz/soul/funk. Just opened for Snoop Dog at House of Blues. Local band.

Checking in for Lolla!

Any others?

Eugenie Danglars

Postby Eugenie Danglars » Thu Aug 04, 2011 7:30 pm

Share lockers? Huh. I was abroad during ASW, so I guess I missed that.

SMA22

Postby SMA22 » Wed Aug 10, 2011 12:32 pm

Hope everyone is well and recovered from Lolla; I just put in a request for a gathering at Citizen next Friday and will try for a backup venue just in case. I'll keep all of you posted. Can't believe how quickly orientation is coming up. Anyone is free to crash the event (looking forward to seeing "homeless drunk"...)--don't forget to dress like your 'tar :D

homestyle28

Postby homestyle28 » Wed Aug 10, 2011 1:11 pm

SMA22 wrote:Hope everyone is well and recovered from Lolla; I just put in a request for a gathering at Citizen next Friday and will try for a backup venue just in case. I'll keep all of you posted. Can't believe how quickly orientation is coming up. Anyone is free to crash the event (looking forward to seeing "homeless drunk"...)--don't forget to dress like your 'tar :D

Can I change my Tar at last minute to reflect how I'm dressed?

SMA22

Postby SMA22 » Wed Aug 10, 2011 1:29 pm

homestyle28 wrote:
SMA22 wrote:Hope everyone is well and recovered from Lolla; I just put in a request for a gathering at Citizen next Friday and will try for a backup venue just in case. I'll keep all of you posted. Can't believe how quickly orientation is coming up. Anyone is free to crash the event (looking forward to seeing "homeless drunk"...)--don't forget to dress like your 'tar :D

Can I change my Tar at last minute to reflect how I'm dressed?

Well, considering I'm a cheat, sure.

Z3RO

Postby Z3RO » Thu Aug 11, 2011 6:22 pm

There seems to be a fair amount of activity around the law school in the last few days. At first I figured that it must be OCI, but a lot of the students are just wearing T-shirts. I haven't had the nerve to walk in and start asking people stupid questions, but I honestly get a little nervous that I'm missing something important every time that I walk by.

Obviously just TLS-levels of neurosis.

Bumi

Postby Bumi » Thu Aug 11, 2011 8:53 pm

Z3RO wrote:There seems to be a fair amount of activity around the law school in the last few days. At first I figured that it must be OCI, but a lot of the students are just wearing T-shirts. I haven't had the nerve to walk in and start asking people stupid questions, but I honestly get a little nervous that I'm missing something important every time that I walk by.

I'm avoiding the law school entirely. I live two blocks away now so this is hard, but I figure I'll be sick of it soon enough.

D-hops

Postby D-hops » Thu Aug 11, 2011 9:11 pm

Z3RO wrote:There seems to be a fair amount of activity around the law school in the last few days. At first I figured that it must be OCI, but a lot of the students are just wearing T-shirts. I haven't had the nerve to walk in and start asking people stupid questions, but I honestly get a little nervous that I'm missing something important every time that I walk by.

Yes, this is OCI, and some people hate wearing suits so they change out of them as soon as they can, hence the T-shirts.

Holly Golightly

Postby Holly Golightly » Fri Aug 12, 2011 3:22 am

D-hops wrote:

Yes, this is OCI, and some people hate wearing suits so they change out of them as soon as they can, hence the T-shirts.

And some of us think we look hot in suits so keep them on and then have nervous breakdowns halfway throigh the day aabout what we're doing with our lives.

......I'm sompletely cober right now.

SMA22

Postby SMA22 » Sat Aug 13, 2011 12:29 am

Holly Golightly wrote:
D-hops wrote:

And some of us think we look hot in suits so keep them on and then have nervous breakdowns halfway throigh the day aabout what we're doing with our lives.

......I'm sompletely cober right now.

Sober darling, I am sure that you look wonderful in a suit and have plenty of direction in life--you just don't know it yet:)

One more week, peeps--see we have much to look forward...

IAFG

Postby IAFG » Sat Aug 13, 2011 12:32 am

D-hops wrote:

There's also a shit-ton of AJDs and LLMs mulling about. Plus people who aren't doing OCI but are still doing summer work/classes.

FredFlinstone

Postby FredFlinstone » Sat Aug 13, 2011 3:49 pm

Flying in on Tuesday... anyone down for some Basketball on Wednesday or Thursday??

Z3RO

Postby Z3RO » Mon Aug 15, 2011 11:01 am

Just got my loan disbursement information, and they're giving me 5k less than the estimated cost of attendance...

I'm checking with financial aid to see what's up. Like I wasn't anxious enough.

bdubs

Postby bdubs » Tue Aug 16, 2011 3:11 pm

Why is this thread so quiet? Is everyone moving this week?

Eugenie Danglars

Postby Eugenie Danglars » Tue Aug 16, 2011 3:17 pm

bdubs wrote:Why is this thread so quiet? Is everyone moving this week?

I've been wondering the same thing! What's up, bdubs? :-) I'm taking a break from unpacking.

Z3RO

Postby Z3RO » Tue Aug 16, 2011 3:26 pm

Yeah really. What's everybody been up to? Has anybody else started going to that River East gym that we get through the school?

homestyle28

Postby homestyle28 » Tue Aug 16, 2011 3:53 pm

I've been trying to wrap up house projects before next week...and I'm failing

aren't we supposed to get sections/schedules this week sometime?

Z3RO

Postby Z3RO » Tue Aug 16, 2011 3:56 pm

We're supposed to get those at orientation, but the people from last year's class said that they had to basically fight in order to get that information by the end of the week.

Eugenie Danglars

Postby Eugenie Danglars » Tue Aug 16, 2011 4:02 pm

Z3RO wrote:We're supposed to get those at orientation, but the people from last year's class said that they had to basically fight in order to get that information by the end of the week.

Is it just me, or is that a little frustrating? I'd like to get some other things in my schedule set up before then.

Aine

Postby Aine » Tue Aug 16, 2011 4:10 pm

bdubs wrote:Why is this thread so quiet? Is everyone moving this week?

Yep. Moving in/living on Craigslist.

Bumi

Postby Bumi » Tue Aug 16, 2011 4:12 pm

Eugenie Danglars wrote:
Z3RO wrote:We're supposed to get those at orientation, but the people from last year's class said that they had to basically fight in order to get that information by the end of the week.

Is it just me, or is that a little frustrating? I'd like to get some other things in my schedule set up before then.

Yeah, it's annoying. How am I supposed to know what subjects to be having stress dreams about?

You can go on Caesar and see when the 1L classes are, though, and figure out a rough schedule from that. Like I think we are all definitely going to have an 8:45am MTW, for example.

D-hops

Postby D-hops » Tue Aug 16, 2011 4:12 pm

Eugenie Danglars wrote:

We had our section schedule prior to orientation. You ending up doing certain things at orientation with you section (e.g. meeting your section's professors). Your schedule is going to be M-W 8:45-9:40, 10:55-11:50, 2:35-3:30; Th-F 10:25-11:50; plus CLR mixed in on two days - usually Th-F but sometimes there is a Tuesday or Wednesday evening class.

Z3RO

Postby Z3RO » Tue Aug 16, 2011 4:16 pm

Z3RO wrote:Yeah really. What's everybody been up to? Has anybody else started going to that River East gym that we get through the school?

OK, this was a false alarm. Apparently there are two separate unsubsidized loan disbursements, and I only saw the one. The other makes up for the difference. FYI to anybody else finding reasons to panic. Good news is that calling the financial aid department was a great experience. They were super nice and understanding.

D-hops wrote:
Eugenie Danglars wrote:

We had our section schedule prior to orientation. You ending up doing certain things at orientation with you section (e.g. meeting your section's professors). Your schedule is going to be M-W 8:45-9:40, 10:55-11:50, 2:35-3:30; Th-F 10:25-11:50; plus CLR mixed in on two days - usually Th-F but sometimes there is a Tuesday or Wednesday evening class.

Awesome post. Thanks!

Bumi

Postby Bumi » Tue Aug 16, 2011 4:17 pm

D-hops wrote:plus CLR mixed in on two days - usually Th-F but sometimes there is a Tuesday or Wednesday evening class.

Okay yeah, so Caesar says there are two sections of CLR on Tuesday from 3:45 to 5:15, and one on Wednesday from 4:00 to 5:30. So there you go. Good work TLS.

Return to “TLS Class of 2014 Forum”