Northwestern Law Class of 2014

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2014)
User avatar
Flips88
Posts: 13601
Joined: Sun Oct 10, 2010 7:42 pm

Re: Northwestern Law Class of 2014

Postby Flips88 » Sun Jul 24, 2011 6:23 pm

Has anyone sent their UG transcript and got anything confirming its been received? I sent a request to my UG last month to forward it to NU, but haven't gotten anything on the NU end yet.

User avatar
bk1
Posts: 18419
Joined: Sun Mar 14, 2010 7:06 pm

Re: Northwestern Law Class of 2014

Postby bk1 » Sun Jul 24, 2011 6:28 pm

Flips88 wrote:Has anyone sent their UG transcript and got anything confirming its been received? I sent a request to my UG last month to forward it to NU, but haven't gotten anything on the NU end yet.

Sent it about the same time. Haven't heard anything back.

User avatar
homestyle28
Posts: 2312
Joined: Thu Jun 04, 2009 12:48 pm

Re: Northwestern Law Class of 2014

Postby homestyle28 » Sun Jul 24, 2011 11:04 pm

bk1 wrote:
Flips88 wrote:Has anyone sent their UG transcript and got anything confirming its been received? I sent a request to my UG last month to forward it to NU, but haven't gotten anything on the NU end yet.

Sent it about the same time. Haven't heard anything back.


same here

Bumi
Posts: 947
Joined: Sun Jul 25, 2010 4:57 pm

Re: Northwestern Law Class of 2014

Postby Bumi » Sun Jul 24, 2011 11:59 pm

homestyle28 wrote:
bk1 wrote:
Flips88 wrote:Has anyone sent their UG transcript and got anything confirming its been received? I sent a request to my UG last month to forward it to NU, but haven't gotten anything on the NU end yet.

Sent it about the same time. Haven't heard anything back.


same here

User avatar
Holly Golightly
Posts: 4618
Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 10:30 am

Re: Northwestern Law Class of 2014

Postby Holly Golightly » Mon Jul 25, 2011 12:43 am

I love NU, but the efficiency of the administration leaves something to be desired. Don't expect quick responses. Haha
Last edited by Holly Golightly on Mon Jul 25, 2011 2:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
IAFG
Posts: 6665
Joined: Mon Jun 15, 2009 1:26 pm

Re: Northwestern Law Class of 2014

Postby IAFG » Mon Jul 25, 2011 5:00 am

Holly Golightly wrote:I love NU, but the efficiency of the administration leaves something to be desired. Don't expect quick responses. Haha

For the most part though, they have low expectations of both themselves and us. So that's nice.

User avatar
D-hops
Posts: 688
Joined: Wed Jan 20, 2010 5:48 pm

Re: Northwestern Law Class of 2014

Postby D-hops » Mon Jul 25, 2011 10:27 am

Holly Golightly wrote:I love NU, but the efficiency of the administration leaves something to be desires. Don't expect quick responses. Haha


PROVE YOY GENDER!

bdubs
Posts: 3729
Joined: Sat Feb 06, 2010 2:23 pm

Re: Northwestern Law Class of 2014

Postby bdubs » Mon Jul 25, 2011 1:01 pm

homestyle28 wrote:
bk1 wrote:
Flips88 wrote:Has anyone sent their UG transcript and got anything confirming its been received? I sent a request to my UG last month to forward it to NU, but haven't gotten anything on the NU end yet.

Sent it about the same time. Haven't heard anything back.


same here


Sent e-mails to the school asking for confirmation and received one, but didn't get anything before I asked. I sent my transcripts months ago.

Bumi
Posts: 947
Joined: Sun Jul 25, 2010 4:57 pm

Re: Northwestern Law Class of 2014

Postby Bumi » Tue Jul 26, 2011 7:52 pm


Bumi
Posts: 947
Joined: Sun Jul 25, 2010 4:57 pm

Re: Northwestern Law Class of 2014

Postby Bumi » Tue Jul 26, 2011 8:10 pm

He seems like a pretty nice guy.

New Northwestern Dean Dan Rodriguez wrote:Law Students are Great

Famously unappreciated by full-time teachers, not to mention non-law skeptics who wonder whether the attraction of law and law school is badly motivated, law students are truly an exceptional lot.

User avatar
SMA22
Posts: 275
Joined: Fri Oct 29, 2010 11:42 am

Re: Northwestern Law Class of 2014

Postby SMA22 » Tue Jul 26, 2011 10:06 pm

Before things get too crazy, anybody still up for a TLS meetup? I was thinking sometime between the 17-19th. Or, we could do the week before. Are there any takers?

splitmuch
Posts: 968
Joined: Sat Feb 19, 2011 2:27 pm

Re: Northwestern Law Class of 2014

Postby splitmuch » Tue Jul 26, 2011 10:29 pm

SMA22 wrote:Before things get too crazy, anybody still up for a TLS meetup? I was thinking sometime between the 17-19th. Or, we could do the week before. Are there any takers?



Well, even though I've already met you, Id be down. Try not to be scared of me this time!

User avatar
EarlCat
Posts: 610
Joined: Mon Mar 12, 2007 4:04 pm

Re: Northwestern Law Class of 2014

Postby EarlCat » Tue Jul 26, 2011 10:44 pm


I have to agree with just about everything he said here. I noticed the same thing about different graduate students just from teaching LSAT, GMAT, and GRE. There's a particular breed of person attracted to law school, and for the most part those people far more interesting and engaging than the general population. I met very few people at law school who I didn't particularly like or enjoy being around, and nobody, at least among the students, that I found repulsive.

User avatar
SMA22
Posts: 275
Joined: Fri Oct 29, 2010 11:42 am

Re: Northwestern Law Class of 2014

Postby SMA22 » Tue Jul 26, 2011 10:50 pm

splitmuch wrote:
SMA22 wrote:Before things get too crazy, anybody still up for a TLS meetup? I was thinking sometime between the 17-19th. Or, we could do the week before. Are there any takers?



Well, even though I've already met you, Id be down. Try not to be scared of me this time!


You're the nicest guy, too--I feel so dumb:D

Bumi
Posts: 947
Joined: Sun Jul 25, 2010 4:57 pm

Re: Northwestern Law Class of 2014

Postby Bumi » Wed Jul 27, 2011 12:20 am

SMA22 wrote:Before things get too crazy, anybody still up for a TLS meetup? I was thinking sometime between the 17-19th. Or, we could do the week before. Are there any takers?

I'm in. Is there beer?

User avatar
SMA22
Posts: 275
Joined: Fri Oct 29, 2010 11:42 am

Re: Northwestern Law Class of 2014

Postby SMA22 » Wed Jul 27, 2011 9:36 am

Bumi wrote:
SMA22 wrote:Before things get too crazy, anybody still up for a TLS meetup? I was thinking sometime between the 17-19th. Or, we could do the week before. Are there any takers?

I'm in. Is there beer?


Mai oui, there shall be beer! We can either meet at a bar, or I can probably host. I think everyone should come dressed as their tar. Let's say Friday the 19th for now, 7:00ish. Anybody else? Suggestions?

User avatar
Georgia Avenue
Posts: 414
Joined: Wed Jul 27, 2011 9:42 am

Re: Northwestern Law Class of 2014

Postby Georgia Avenue » Wed Jul 27, 2011 9:47 am

SMA22 wrote:Before things get too crazy, anybody still up for a TLS meetup? I was thinking sometime between the 17-19th. Or, we could do the week before. Are there any takers?


Hai guiz. Weird that it takes beer for me to finally sign up and post after lurking for 3+ months?

I'm in.

User avatar
homestyle28
Posts: 2312
Joined: Thu Jun 04, 2009 12:48 pm

Re: Northwestern Law Class of 2014

Postby homestyle28 » Wed Jul 27, 2011 10:29 am

SMA22 wrote:
Bumi wrote:
SMA22 wrote:Before things get too crazy, anybody still up for a TLS meetup? I was thinking sometime between the 17-19th. Or, we could do the week before. Are there any takers?

I'm in. Is there beer?


Mai oui, there shall be beer! We can either meet at a bar, or I can probably host. I think everyone should come dressed as their tar. Let's say Friday the 19th for now, 7:00ish. Anybody else? Suggestions?


Well this'll be awkward for me...

splitmuch
Posts: 968
Joined: Sat Feb 19, 2011 2:27 pm

Re: Northwestern Law Class of 2014

Postby splitmuch » Wed Jul 27, 2011 10:47 am

homestyle28 wrote:
SMA22 wrote:
Bumi wrote:
SMA22 wrote:Before things get too crazy, anybody still up for a TLS meetup? I was thinking sometime between the 17-19th. Or, we could do the week before. Are there any takers?

I'm in. Is there beer?


Mai oui, there shall be beer! We can either meet at a bar, or I can probably host. I think everyone should come dressed as their tar. Let's say Friday the 19th for now, 7:00ish. Anybody else? Suggestions?


Well this'll be awkward for me...


Not as awkward as me standing around a bar naked...or would i just dress invisible?

gatorfromiowa
Posts: 9
Joined: Fri Dec 10, 2010 3:19 pm

Re: Northwestern Law Class of 2014

Postby gatorfromiowa » Wed Jul 27, 2011 11:03 am

homestyle28 wrote:
bk1 wrote:
Flips88 wrote:Has anyone sent their UG transcript and got anything confirming its been received? I sent a request to my UG last month to forward it to NU, but haven't gotten anything on the NU end yet.

Sent it about the same time. Haven't heard anything back.


same here

I just called the admissions office and confirmed that they had it. Like someone else said, they don't send a confirmation

User avatar
homestyle28
Posts: 2312
Joined: Thu Jun 04, 2009 12:48 pm

Re: Northwestern Law Class of 2014

Postby homestyle28 » Wed Jul 27, 2011 11:04 am

splitmuch wrote:
homestyle28 wrote:Well this'll be awkward for me...


Not as awkward as me standing around a bar naked...or would i just dress invisible?


The answer here is obvious :lol:

User avatar
SMA22
Posts: 275
Joined: Fri Oct 29, 2010 11:42 am

Re: Northwestern Law Class of 2014

Postby SMA22 » Wed Jul 27, 2011 11:05 am

homestyle28 wrote:
splitmuch wrote:
homestyle28 wrote:Well this'll be awkward for me...


Not as awkward as me standing around a bar naked...or would i just dress invisible?


The answer here is obvious :lol:


Totally :D So, we have Mickey Mouse and a naked Split--I'l bring my dog.

Bumi
Posts: 947
Joined: Sun Jul 25, 2010 4:57 pm

Re: Northwestern Law Class of 2014

Postby Bumi » Wed Jul 27, 2011 11:11 am

SMA22 wrote:I think everyone should come dressed as their tar.
Uh...
SMA22 wrote:Let's say Friday the 19th for now, 7:00ish. Anybody else? Suggestions?
I'm there.
Georgia Avenue wrote:Hai guiz. Weird that it takes beer for me to finally sign up and post after lurking for 3+ months?

I'm in.
Welcome to the thread. I wonder how many people like you are out there. Hello out there! It's okay, you don't have to post if you aren't into that! Just come to the hangout!

User avatar
Aine
Posts: 104
Joined: Mon Apr 05, 2010 3:54 pm

Re: Northwestern Law Class of 2014

Postby Aine » Wed Jul 27, 2011 2:00 pm

Bumi wrote:
SMA22 wrote:I think everyone should come dressed as their tar.
Uh...
SMA22 wrote:Let's say Friday the 19th for now, 7:00ish. Anybody else? Suggestions?
I'm there.
Georgia Avenue wrote:Hai guiz. Weird that it takes beer for me to finally sign up and post after lurking for 3+ months?

I'm in.
Welcome to the thread. I wonder how many people like you are out there. Hello out there! It's okay, you don't have to post if you aren't into that! Just come to the hangout!


I'm in too! Also: thoughts on the new dean? Anyone?

Anyone?

User avatar
Aine
Posts: 104
Joined: Mon Apr 05, 2010 3:54 pm

Re: Northwestern Law Class of 2014

Postby Aine » Wed Jul 27, 2011 2:02 pm

Buellllller?




Return to “TLS Class of 2014 Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest