Northwestern Law Class of 2014

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2014)
Flips88

Re: Northwestern Law Class of 2014

Postby Flips88 » Mon Jun 13, 2011 2:36 pm

bk1 wrote:I'm having trouble accessing the admitted student site. Anybody else?

PM'd

splitmuch

Postby splitmuch » Mon Jun 13, 2011 2:50 pm

Its working for me...but congrats BK!

bk1

Postby bk1 » Mon Jun 13, 2011 2:51 pm

splitmuch wrote:Its working for me...but congrats BK!

Thanks. Apparently it's working for everyone but me (including the confused admissions staffer I am communicating with).

splitmuch

Postby splitmuch » Mon Jun 13, 2011 3:01 pm

You coming?

bk1

Postby bk1 » Mon Jun 13, 2011 3:03 pm

splitmuch wrote:You coming?

Yarp.

Flips88

Postby Flips88 » Mon Jun 13, 2011 3:51 pm

FYI for errybody, Paul McCartney is reportedly playing Wrigley Field on July 31st and August 1st.

Nola

Postby Nola » Tue Jun 14, 2011 9:15 am

Is anybody else freaking out that school is starting soon? I am. I will be moving to Chicago in about two weeks. Leaving my hometown of New Orleans. Leaving my job. Moving my wife to a new job. Holy crap!!! Did I really do this?

NU is a great school....NU is a great school....NU is a great school....NU is a great school....NU is a great school....NU is a great school....NU is a great school....

Serenity now....Serenity now....Serenity now....Serenity now....Serenity now....Serenity now....Serenity now....Serenity now....Serenity now....

homestyle28

Postby homestyle28 » Tue Jun 14, 2011 9:21 am

Nola wrote:Is anybody else freaking out that school is starting soon? I am. I will be moving to Chicago in about two weeks. Leaving my hometown of New Orleans. Leaving my job. Moving my wife to a new job. Holy crap!!! Did I really do this?

NU is a great school....NU is a great school....NU is a great school....NU is a great school....NU is a great school....NU is a great school....NU is a great school....

Serenity now....Serenity now....Serenity now....Serenity now....Serenity now....Serenity now....Serenity now....Serenity now....Serenity now....

I'm so overwhelmed by simply trying to coordinate the details of buying house/selling house, moving wife and kid that I've not had any time to freak out...

Bumi

Postby Bumi » Tue Jun 14, 2011 11:28 am

Nola wrote:Is anybody else freaking out that school is starting soon? I am. I will be moving to Chicago in about two weeks. Leaving my hometown of New Orleans. Leaving my job. Moving my wife to a new job. Holy crap!!! Did I really do this?

I must not fear.
Fear is the mind-killer.
Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration.
I will face my fear.
I will permit it to pass over me and through me.
And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path.
Where the fear has gone there will be nothing.
Only I will remain.

ArchRoark

Postby ArchRoark » Tue Jun 14, 2011 1:34 pm

Nola wrote:Serenity now....Serenity now....Serenity now....Serenity now....Serenity now....Serenity now....Serenity now....Serenity now....Serenity now....

Insanity later?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5513mXmQbw4

Z3RO

Postby Z3RO » Tue Jun 14, 2011 1:44 pm

Yeah, I'm so anxious it's killing me.

This is a total non sequitur, but does anybody else feel like the people they've seen at NU are taller than average? I'm 6'0 myself, and I felt short most of the time that I walked around there.

bjsesq
TLS Poet Laureate

Postby bjsesq » Tue Jun 14, 2011 1:52 pm

Folks:

RELAX. Easier said than done, I know, but 1L is a grind. Use this time to enjoy yourself.

splitmuch

Postby splitmuch » Tue Jun 14, 2011 1:57 pm

Z3RO wrote:Yeah, I'm so anxious it's killing me.

This is a total non sequitur, but does anybody else feel like the people they've seen at NU are taller than average? I'm 6'0 myself, and I felt short most of the time that I walked around there.

I think Flips said he was 6'8.

homestyle28

Postby homestyle28 » Tue Jun 14, 2011 2:20 pm

splitmuch wrote:

I think Flips said he was 6'8.

I'm the same as flips if you swap that 6 for a 5

Eugenie Danglars

Postby Eugenie Danglars » Tue Jun 14, 2011 7:12 pm

Bumi wrote:

I must not fear.
Fear is the mind-killer.
Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration.
I will face my fear.
I will permit it to pass over me and through me.
And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path.
Where the fear has gone there will be nothing.
Only I will remain.

Came here to post that. Great minds, Bumi!

I'm freaking out a little, but not much, about school. More worried about the three weeks visiting relatives that I haven't seen in two (or six or ten) years...

Aine

Postby Aine » Wed Jun 15, 2011 4:33 am

I'm sure I would be anxious if I was about to quit my job (but I did that last year) or if I was uprooting my entire family to move to a different city (but I'm too young for that). Instead I'm half way across the world and this whole law school/Chicago thing feels like a dream. It's just hard to imagine something that will be so drastically different from my life here. It will be nice to live in an apartment with few (or maybe no!) cockroaches though! Exciting.

And re: height, I HOPE. I'm 5'9", which is fairly tall for a girl.

Flips88

Postby Flips88 » Wed Jun 15, 2011 12:52 pm

I'm filling out the health records thing due in 2 weeks. Am I an idiot for not knowing my Student ID Number or where to find it?

bk1

Postby bk1 » Wed Jun 15, 2011 12:55 pm

Flips88 wrote:I'm filling out the health records thing due in 2 weeks. Am I an idiot for not knowing my Student ID Number or where to find it?

Pre-matriculation guide says by logging into Caesar.

Flips88

Postby Flips88 » Wed Jun 15, 2011 12:59 pm

bk1 wrote:
Flips88 wrote:I'm filling out the health records thing due in 2 weeks. Am I an idiot for not knowing my Student ID Number or where to find it?

Pre-matriculation guide says by logging into Caesar.

Yeah googled "Northwestern Law Student ID Number" and was led there.

If you click "Main Menu" there's a drop down and "View my Student ID" is on there

Icculus

Postby Icculus » Wed Jun 15, 2011 1:03 pm

I think the fact I actually got in last week hasn't even really set in yet. This is quite possibly the biggest decision I have ever made, it hasn't even sunk in yet.

Re: height, looks like I'm screwed. I'm 5'6", which is rather short for a dude.

I wanted to share a line a friend of mine sent me when I asked his advice. He works for Big Law in NYC,

"Become a lawyer because you like a fight. You like the history of law. You like negotiating. You're challenged by contract construction. I think you'll be an amazing lawyer. You're a stubborn ass that fights, convincingly, and zealously."

FredFlinstone

Postby FredFlinstone » Wed Jun 15, 2011 1:33 pm

Aine wrote:

I'm sure I would be anxious if I was about to quit my job (but I did that last year) or if I was uprooting my entire family to move to a different city (but I'm too young for that). Instead I'm half way across the world and this whole law school/Chicago thing feels like a dream. It's just hard to imagine something that will be so drastically different from my life here. It will be nice to live in an apartment with few (or maybe no!) cockroaches though! Exciting.

Please God, no roaches...

Anyone have anything positive to say about Lakeshore Plaza?

lawandi

Postby lawandi » Thu Jun 16, 2011 12:09 am

Aine wrote:

I hope so too :). I'm a little over 5'10" and a girl. I'm pretty sure I've just outted myself...

Also... changed my avatar to express how disoriented I'm going to be arriving to Chicago on a one-way flight from CA :lol:

Icculus

Postby Icculus » Thu Jun 16, 2011 12:20 am

lawandi wrote:And re: height, I HOPE. I'm 5'9", which is fairly tall for a girl.
lawandi wrote:
I hope so too . I'm a little over 5'10" and a girl. I'm pretty sure I've just outted myself...

Really? This does not bode well for a 5'5" guy. I feel like I'm gonna be the midget of the section.

Aine

Postby Aine » Thu Jun 16, 2011 1:24 am

lawandi wrote:Also... changed my avatar to express how disoriented I'm going to be arriving to Chicago on a one-way flight from CA :lol:

Cutest.change.ever

mango2281

Postby mango2281 » Thu Jun 16, 2011 2:24 am

Bumi wrote:My take on this is that a honeymoon is exactly what you want to do during winter break. This would be an excellent question for the questions/challenges thread though. My sense is that you'll be wiped out after first semester finals and you need to relax and get your sanity back.

Yep, a week in the Caribbean would certainly help retrieve any lost sanity in prep for 2nd semester :)

Aine wrote:
mango2281 wrote:Joining the NU '14 crew! Anyone from Boston?

No but lived there for a few years. Loved it. One year in Fenway and one in Brookline --worked in the Financial District. Miss it :) you there now, or asia?

I'm bummed to leave Boston, but the little that I've seen of Chicago during admit week was beautiful so I have my hopes up.
In Korea (South- I have had people actually ask lol) until orientation!

Return to “TLS Class of 2014 Forum”