Northwestern Law Class of 2014

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2014)
User avatar
SemperLegal
Posts: 1333
Joined: Fri Dec 03, 2010 8:28 pm

Re: Northwestern Law Class of 2014

Postby SemperLegal » Sat Jan 15, 2011 11:47 am

In via email. Really hate cold weather though.

dddhhh
Posts: 264
Joined: Sat Dec 11, 2010 5:55 pm

Re: Northwestern Law Class of 2014

Postby dddhhh » Tue Jan 18, 2011 10:48 pm

Has anyone submitted their scholarship application or FAFSA?

User avatar
rinkrat19
Posts: 13912
Joined: Sat Sep 25, 2010 5:35 am

Re: Northwestern Law Class of 2014

Postby rinkrat19 » Tue Jan 18, 2011 11:58 pm

dddhhh wrote:Has anyone submitted their scholarship application or FAFSA?


I did my fafsa. Haven't finished Need Access or the scholly app. Waiting for my dad to do an edit on my mini essays.

bdubs
Posts: 3729
Joined: Sat Feb 06, 2010 2:23 pm

Re: Northwestern Law Class of 2014

Postby bdubs » Wed Jan 19, 2011 1:20 am

dddhhh wrote:Has anyone submitted their scholarship application or FAFSA?


I submitted both forms and asked how long it would take to get a package, I was told beginning of March is the earliest that they will be sent around.

dddhhh
Posts: 264
Joined: Sat Dec 11, 2010 5:55 pm

Re: Northwestern Law Class of 2014

Postby dddhhh » Wed Jan 19, 2011 1:14 pm

bdubs wrote:
dddhhh wrote:Has anyone submitted their scholarship application or FAFSA?


I submitted both forms and asked how long it would take to get a package, I was told beginning of March is the earliest that they will be sent around.


Thanks for the update!

User avatar
bjsesq
TLS Poet Laureate
Posts: 13383
Joined: Fri Nov 19, 2010 3:02 am

Re: Northwestern Law Class of 2014

Postby bjsesq » Wed Jan 19, 2011 1:18 pm

SemperLegal wrote:In via email. Really hate cold weather though.

Marines do not experience cold, only rage. Get tough, devil dog.

User avatar
patentThis
Posts: 42
Joined: Wed Jun 24, 2009 10:53 am

Re: Northwestern Law Class of 2014

Postby patentThis » Fri Jan 21, 2011 12:24 am

Anyone already register their spouse for ASW? I'm struggling with whether it would be interesting at all for her; I'm leaning towards just meeting up for the post event festivities.

User avatar
homestyle28
Posts: 2312
Joined: Thu Jun 04, 2009 12:48 pm

Re: Northwestern Law Class of 2014

Postby homestyle28 » Fri Jan 21, 2011 9:46 am

patentThis wrote:Anyone already register their spouse for ASW? I'm struggling with whether it would be interesting at all for her; I'm leaning towards just meeting up for the post event festivities.


I registered mine, but we have family in Chicago who we'll stay with, so if it's not interesting for her she can hang there. I'm hoping a fair number of us married folk do bring spouses so we can get a sense of that aspect of the community.

dddhhh
Posts: 264
Joined: Sat Dec 11, 2010 5:55 pm

Re: Northwestern Law Class of 2014

Postby dddhhh » Fri Jan 21, 2011 10:13 am

homestyle28 wrote:
patentThis wrote:Anyone already register their spouse for ASW? I'm struggling with whether it would be interesting at all for her; I'm leaning towards just meeting up for the post event festivities.


I registered mine, but we have family in Chicago who we'll stay with, so if it's not interesting for her she can hang there. I'm hoping a fair number of us married folk do bring spouses so we can get a sense of that aspect of the community.



I registered mine too! We don't have any family in Chicago though...but I'm guessing it will be fun!

User avatar
Remnantofisrael
Posts: 335
Joined: Wed May 26, 2010 4:38 pm

Re: Northwestern Law Class of 2014

Postby Remnantofisrael » Fri Jan 21, 2011 12:10 pm

I guess I'll have to register the ball and chain then as well.

User avatar
adamdroog
Posts: 69
Joined: Mon Jan 25, 2010 1:56 pm

Re: Northwestern Law Class of 2014

Postby adamdroog » Fri Jan 21, 2011 12:34 pm

I registered my wife as well. Looks like there will be quite a few spouses at ASW.

User avatar
rinkrat19
Posts: 13912
Joined: Sat Sep 25, 2010 5:35 am

Re: Northwestern Law Class of 2014

Postby rinkrat19 » Fri Jan 21, 2011 12:46 pm

I had a friend ask if she could come to ASW, just because she's never seen Chicago. But I figured that would be pretty strange.

User avatar
bjsesq
TLS Poet Laureate
Posts: 13383
Joined: Fri Nov 19, 2010 3:02 am

Re: Northwestern Law Class of 2014

Postby bjsesq » Fri Jan 21, 2011 12:47 pm

rinkrat19 wrote:I had a friend ask if she could come to ASW, just because she's never seen Chicago. But I figured that would be pretty strange.

Why would that be strange? Bring who you want.

Bumi
Posts: 947
Joined: Sun Jul 25, 2010 4:57 pm

Re: Northwestern Law Class of 2014

Postby Bumi » Fri Jan 21, 2011 12:50 pm

bjsesq wrote:
rinkrat19 wrote:I had a friend ask if she could come to ASW, just because she's never seen Chicago. But I figured that would be pretty strange.

Why would that be strange? Bring who you want.

Is this like a wedding? Am I going to be weird if I didn't bring a date?

User avatar
bjsesq
TLS Poet Laureate
Posts: 13383
Joined: Fri Nov 19, 2010 3:02 am

Re: Northwestern Law Class of 2014

Postby bjsesq » Fri Jan 21, 2011 12:51 pm

Bumi wrote:
bjsesq wrote:
rinkrat19 wrote:I had a friend ask if she could come to ASW, just because she's never seen Chicago. But I figured that would be pretty strange.

Why would that be strange? Bring who you want.

Is this like a wedding? Am I going to be weird if I didn't bring a date?

No way, dude. If you bring nobody, the 1Ls will get you drunk.

User avatar
forward
Posts: 413
Joined: Thu May 13, 2010 12:16 am

Re: Northwestern Law Class of 2014

Postby forward » Sat Jan 22, 2011 11:52 pm

Anyone know if a Facebook page has been set up? Would be good to start meeting folks. I'm not 100% on NU, but despite a number of "higher" acceptances, I'm definitely leaning this way.

Has anyone given thought to their living situation for the fall? I'd like to find a roomie, likely a fellow NU Law student, and live in Wrigleyville/Lakeview area, possibly as far as Uptown or Ravenswood or as close as Streeterville.

dddhhh
Posts: 264
Joined: Sat Dec 11, 2010 5:55 pm

Re: Northwestern Law Class of 2014

Postby dddhhh » Sat Jan 22, 2011 11:57 pm

forward wrote:Anyone know if a Facebook page has been set up? Would be good to start meeting folks.


Yes! There is a link to it on the admitted students page.

User avatar
SemperLegal
Posts: 1333
Joined: Fri Dec 03, 2010 8:28 pm

Re: Northwestern Law Class of 2014

Postby SemperLegal » Sat Jan 22, 2011 11:58 pm

bjsesq wrote:
SemperLegal wrote:In via email. Really hate cold weather though.

Marines do not experience cold, only rage. Get tough, devil dog.



For some unexplainable reasons cold weather skills have been sidelined in this man's Corps in favor of hot-weather training.

This of course means that the next war will be fought against the North Pole.

User avatar
bjsesq
TLS Poet Laureate
Posts: 13383
Joined: Fri Nov 19, 2010 3:02 am

Re: Northwestern Law Class of 2014

Postby bjsesq » Sun Jan 23, 2011 12:42 am

SemperLegal wrote:
bjsesq wrote:
SemperLegal wrote:In via email. Really hate cold weather though.

Marines do not experience cold, only rage. Get tough, devil dog.



For some unexplainable reasons cold weather skills have been sidelined in this man's Corps in favor of hot-weather training.

This of course means that the next war will be fought against the North Pole.

LOL. Well done.

User avatar
patentThis
Posts: 42
Joined: Wed Jun 24, 2009 10:53 am

Re: Northwestern Law Class of 2014

Postby patentThis » Tue Jan 25, 2011 12:22 am

FYI For those of you headed to ASW, Groupon has a pretty nice deal for SuttonPlace Hotel for 1 night at $119 for the next 1 day 1 hour and 36 minutes. ASW weekend looks to be available on the suttonplace website.
http://www.groupon.com/deals/sutton-place-grande-hotel-chicago?utm_campaign=sutton-place-grande-hotel-chicago

Ends 1/25/2011

Bumi
Posts: 947
Joined: Sun Jul 25, 2010 4:57 pm

Re: Northwestern Law Class of 2014

Postby Bumi » Tue Jan 25, 2011 1:35 am

SemperLegal wrote:This of course means that the next war will be fought against the North Pole.

Pretty much.

dddhhh
Posts: 264
Joined: Sat Dec 11, 2010 5:55 pm

Re: Northwestern Law Class of 2014

Postby dddhhh » Fri Jan 28, 2011 1:06 pm

Has anyone sent their candidate response form?

User avatar
rinkrat19
Posts: 13912
Joined: Sat Sep 25, 2010 5:35 am

Re: Northwestern Law Class of 2014

Postby rinkrat19 » Fri Jan 28, 2011 1:10 pm

dddhhh wrote:Has anyone sent their candidate response form?


Yup, along with my $750 check and my deferral request letter. An expensive gamble.

dddhhh
Posts: 264
Joined: Sat Dec 11, 2010 5:55 pm

Re: Northwestern Law Class of 2014

Postby dddhhh » Fri Jan 28, 2011 1:14 pm

rinkrat19 wrote:
dddhhh wrote:Has anyone sent their candidate response form?


Yup, along with my $750 check and my deferral request letter. An expensive gamble.


Nice. I'm sure you'll get it.
I was waiting to receive the admitted student package they emailed us about but it hasn't come yet :(

User avatar
rinkrat19
Posts: 13912
Joined: Sat Sep 25, 2010 5:35 am

Re: Northwestern Law Class of 2014

Postby rinkrat19 » Fri Jan 28, 2011 1:18 pm

dddhhh wrote:
rinkrat19 wrote:
dddhhh wrote:Has anyone sent their candidate response form?


Yup, along with my $750 check and my deferral request letter. An expensive gamble.


Nice. I'm sure you'll get it.
I was waiting to receive the admitted student package they emailed us about but it hasn't come yet :(


I was just wondering if anyone had gotten the admitted students binder yet!




Return to “TLS Class of 2014 Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest