Northwestern Law Class of 2014 Forum

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2014)
FredFlinstone

New

Re: Northwestern Law Class of 2014

Post by FredFlinstone » Sat Aug 20, 2011 12:52 pm

Flips88 wrote:Btw, you can see what books you need by looking up classes here: --LinkRemoved--

Nice. Thanks! Btw Flips, I went by the Fieldhouse yesterday, they said we can go before Sept 5th for 5 bucks a day. It's nice for a rainy day like today.

VulcanVulcanVulcan

Bronze

Post by VulcanVulcanVulcan » Sat Aug 20, 2011 1:11 pm

I have to say that I am REALLY irritated that CAESAR is down today.

splitmuch

Silver

Post by splitmuch » Sat Aug 20, 2011 1:20 pm

Think my roommates and I are going to be getting a keg and having a little housewarming party before heading to the bars. PM me if youre interested in stopping by.

Holly Golightly

Gold

Post by Holly Golightly » Sat Aug 20, 2011 1:58 pm

Anyone who wants to drink, come on down to O'Toole's!

Z3RO

Silver

Post by Z3RO » Sat Aug 20, 2011 2:01 pm

VulcanVulcanVulcan wrote:I have to say that I am REALLY irritated that CAESAR is down today.
Really? I'm not having a problem with it. I finally figured out who my professors are.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Flips88

Diamond

Post by Flips88 » Sat Aug 20, 2011 2:05 pm

Z3RO wrote:
VulcanVulcanVulcan wrote:I have to say that I am REALLY irritated that CAESAR is down today.
Really? I'm not having a problem with it. I finally figured out who my professors are.
It's down today until 2 central. Probably pissing off people that haven't seen their schedule yet

CoaltoNewCastle

Bronze

Post by CoaltoNewCastle » Sat Aug 20, 2011 5:36 pm

Ugh why did you guys make me eat and drink so much last night? I was so full! What's wrong with you people? I'm going to that 10pm thing tonight.

I'm up for basketball sometime (not today) if my corpse knees don't explode.

Holly Golightly

Gold

Post by Holly Golightly » Sat Aug 20, 2011 7:07 pm

Day-drinking? Day-drinking!

Rose Tyler

New

Post by Rose Tyler » Sat Aug 20, 2011 7:17 pm

Holly Golightly wrote:Day-drinking? Day-drinking!
ALL the day-drinking

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

VulcanVulcanVulcan

Bronze

Post by VulcanVulcanVulcan » Sat Aug 20, 2011 9:19 pm

Anyone interested in maybe sitting out near the lake tomorrow with some beers? On the beach or a rooftop? The weather should be good.

mango2281

New

Post by mango2281 » Sun Aug 21, 2011 2:20 am

Really kicking myself for not getting back in the city in time to get to Citizen yesterday- damn the long lines at IKEA :(
Now I'm terrified that I'll be the only one that doesn't know anybody come Monday.
Hopefully I'll meet some of you guys tomorrow at the diverse day. Anyone coming? Definitely looking forward to the Chicago tour.

Also, wish I knew what section I was in. Did they really have to take down Caesar THIS weekend? Sheesh!

SMA22

Bronze

Post by SMA22 » Sun Aug 21, 2011 8:12 am

mango2281 wrote:Really kicking myself for not getting back in the city in time to get to Citizen yesterday- damn the long lines at IKEA :(
Now I'm terrified that I'll be the only one that doesn't know anybody come Monday.
Hopefully I'll meet some of you guys tomorrow at the diverse day. Anyone coming? Definitely looking forward to the Chicago tour.

Also, wish I knew what section I was in. Did they really have to take down Caesar THIS weekend? Sheesh!
I know, this is the worst weekend ever for Caesar to be down! I'll be at the diverse day today--was looking forward to sleeping in, but the dog woke me up at five. I'll be the very tired looking girl...

Eugenie Danglars

Gold

Post by Eugenie Danglars » Sun Aug 21, 2011 10:00 am

We don't get to use the bus passes until classes start aka the 29th, right? I don't want to buy another week pass if we get them this week instead...

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Bumi

Silver

Post by Bumi » Sun Aug 21, 2011 10:41 am

Just found this, which is helpful for winter break plans. I wonder how early on the 15th I can make it to O'Hare.

http://www.law.northwestern.edu/registr ... hedule.pdf

bk1

Diamond

Post by bk1 » Sun Aug 21, 2011 10:44 am

Bumi wrote:Just found this, which is helpful for winter break plans. I wonder how early on the 15th I can make it to O'Hare.

This is much appreciated!

Z3RO

Silver

Post by Z3RO » Sun Aug 21, 2011 10:50 am

Bumi wrote:Just found this, which is helpful for winter break plans. I wonder how early on the 15th I can make it to O'Hare.

Awesome. Thanks for posting.

Holly Golightly

Gold

Post by Holly Golightly » Sun Aug 21, 2011 11:46 am

CTA passes start working as soon as you get them on Monday.

Also, re: winter break plans, the school gives free champagne and there's a last bar review on the last day of finals. I had a couple of friends who left early who kind of wished they hadn't. Just something to keep in mind.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Eugenie Danglars

Gold

Post by Eugenie Danglars » Sun Aug 21, 2011 1:30 pm

Holly Golightly wrote:CTA passes start working as soon as you get them on Monday.

Also, re: winter break plans, the school gives free champagne and there's a last bar review on the last day of finals. I had a couple of friends who left early who kind of wished they hadn't. Just something to keep in mind.
Oh so we get them on orientation Monday? Fantastic!

Remnantofisrael

Bronze

Post by Remnantofisrael » Sun Aug 21, 2011 4:20 pm

I don't want to sound like a baby, but the fact that the orientation schedule AND Caesar are both down, the weekend before orientation starts, kind of sucks. I'm sure all the law schools have issues like this - technology is fun!

In all seriousness, does anyone have a live link to the orientation schedule or has nothing really changed since June?

Looking forward to meeting everyone tomorrow. I'll be the guy in the Tuxedo.

bdubs

Gold

Post by bdubs » Sun Aug 21, 2011 4:23 pm

Remnantofisrael wrote:I don't want to sound like a baby, but the fact that the orientation schedule AND Caesar are both down, the weekend before orientation starts, kind of sucks. I'm sure all the law schools have issues like this - technology is fun!

In all seriousness, does anyone have a live link to the orientation schedule or has nothing really changed since June?

Orientation schedule and Caesar are both working for me. Here is the orientation schedule:

http://www.law.northwestern.edu/orienta ... eJune5.pdf

Remnantofisrael

Bronze

Post by Remnantofisrael » Sun Aug 21, 2011 4:38 pm

bdubs wrote:
Remnantofisrael wrote:I don't want to sound like a baby, but the fact that the orientation schedule AND Caesar are both down, the weekend before orientation starts, kind of sucks. I'm sure all the law schools have issues like this - technology is fun!

Orientation schedule and Caesar are both working for me. Here is the orientation schedule:

Thanks, but while THAT link works, it is the june 5th version. The email stated:
"To stay apprised of orientation week events, please bookmark and check frequently our Orientation Week Schedule at http://www.law.northwestern.edu/student ... ientation/"
That's the link that isn't working.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Flips88

Diamond

Post by Flips88 » Sun Aug 21, 2011 5:20 pm

May be a dumb question, but...can we charge our book purchases to our student account at the bookstore? Our loans don't disburse till the 29th and we'll have first day assignments and I don't exactly have $800 to drop on books. So we can charge it and they'll just deduct it before they deposit the excess in my account?

splitmuch

Silver

Post by splitmuch » Sun Aug 21, 2011 5:26 pm

Remnantofisrael wrote:
bdubs wrote:

Thanks, but while THAT link works, it is the june 5th version. The email stated:
"To stay apprised of orientation week events, please bookmark and check frequently our Orientation Week Schedule at http://www.law.northwestern.edu/student ... ientation/"
I dont think that link ever worked.

bdubs

Gold

Post by bdubs » Sun Aug 21, 2011 8:54 pm

splitmuch wrote:
Remnantofisrael wrote:
bdubs wrote: Orientation schedule and Caesar are both working for me. Here is the orientation schedule:

I dont think that link ever worked.
June 5 is the most current one posted on the site. Here is a link to the orientation main page.

http://www.law.northwestern.edu/orientation/

mango2281

New

Post by mango2281 » Sun Aug 21, 2011 10:54 pm

I don't know if this has been covered here before, but any ideas on the best way to buy new/relatively new textbooks?
Is it ok to buy previous editions? Are the recommended books necessary? Would it be inconvenient to just check em out at the library instead?

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “TLS Class of 2014 Forum”