UVA Class of 2014 Forum

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2014)

Gold

Re: UVA Class of 2014

Post by 005618502 » Tue Nov 16, 2010 2:13 am

jawsthegreat wrote:
AssumptionRequired wrote:
pjo wrote:I've been looking over some UVA posts and I'm starting to wonder, just how serious is softball at the school? Like should I go out and buy a glove/bat or can I just go in my attic and grab my antique little league glove haha
Haha this would be a question for: http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/v ... =4&t=86231

I am assuming that you can "rent" a bat and glove from the rec sports department there, or at least thats how many other schools work.

No. Buy a glove/get one that is good and get a pair of cleats. Softball here is a pretty big deal. It probably isn't too far from the truth to say that the easiest way to make friends/get involved in the UVA culture is to become/be good at softball.
Haha man i love that, what about softball bats? good investment to buy one of those as well?

CaliMizzou

New

Post by CaliMizzou » Tue Nov 16, 2010 2:20 am

McDeere wrote:Anybody have an idea on how many people have been accepted so far this cycle?
There are currently 56 members of the "UVa Law Class of 2014" Facebook group if that's any help...

Gold

Post by 005618502 » Tue Nov 16, 2010 2:26 am

CaliMizzou wrote:
McDeere wrote:Anybody have an idea on how many people have been accepted so far this cycle?
There are currently 56 members of the "UVa Law Class of 2014" Facebook group if that's any help...
Is this only people who were accepted ED or it was their top choice? I dont think people are joining it unless they are for sure going to UVA. could be wrong though. There have been many RD acceptances now

McDeere

New

Post by McDeere » Tue Nov 16, 2010 3:07 am

CaliMizzou wrote:
Is this only people who were accepted ED or it was their top choice? I dont think people are joining it unless they are for sure going to UVA. could be wrong though. There have been many RD acceptances now
Well, I've actually gone through this entire thread and counted. 27 people have been accepted ED so far (of those who post on TLS, at least).

sherpaorlawschool

Bronze

Post by sherpaorlawschool » Tue Nov 16, 2010 4:05 am

The administrators of the facebook group are Director Faulk, Jason Dugas, and another admissions person named Mary Wood. I imagine that everyone in the group is coming to UVA for sure. Otherwise, I doubt they would let them into the group just to check it out and then leave for another school. I could be wrong though but that seems like a reasonable assumption. From that, I think its pretty safe to say there are 56 people coming to UVA for sure next year at this particular moment. One thing we can't forget is that there were several people accepted to the Class of 2013 who decided to defer. They make up a portion of that number so the ED number is likely less than 56.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

jawsthegreat

Silver

Post by jawsthegreat » Tue Nov 16, 2010 10:11 am

jawsthegreat wrote:
pjo wrote:I've been looking over some UVA posts and I'm starting to wonder, just how serious is softball at the school? Like should I go out and buy a glove/bat or can I just go in my attic and grab my antique little league glove haha
Haha this would be a question for: http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/v ... =4&t=86231

I am assuming that you can "rent" a bat and glove from the rec sports department there, or at least thats how many other schools work.

No. Buy a glove/get one that is good and get a pair of cleats. Softball here is a pretty big deal. It probably isn't too far from the truth to say that the easiest way to make friends/get involved in the UVA culture is to become/be good at softball.
Haha man i love that, what about softball bats? good investment to buy one of those as well?
No, the school has plenty of bats to use, some of which are extremely high quality.

plenipotentiary

Silver

Post by plenipotentiary » Tue Nov 16, 2010 10:18 am

sherpaorlawschool wrote:The administrators of the facebook group are Director Faulk, Jason Dugas, and another admissions person named Mary Wood. I imagine that everyone in the group is coming to UVA for sure. Otherwise, I doubt they would let them into the group just to check it out and then leave for another school. I could be wrong though but that seems like a reasonable assumption. From that, I think its pretty safe to say there are 56 people coming to UVA for sure next year at this particular moment. One thing we can't forget is that there were several people accepted to the Class of 2013 who decided to defer. They make up a portion of that number so the ED number is likely less than 56.
I think the number of members has gone up and down, so I'm guessing that it is admitted students, but not necessarily committed students.

Stringer Bell

Gold

Post by Stringer Bell » Tue Nov 16, 2010 11:42 am

Not everyone that's coming will have joined the fb group.

dailygrind

Diamond

Post by dailygrind » Tue Nov 16, 2010 11:44 am

jawsthegreat wrote:

aren't you a little biased in answering this question? how far did your team make it in the end of season tourney?

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

sherpaorlawschool

Bronze

Post by sherpaorlawschool » Tue Nov 16, 2010 1:21 pm

Stringer Bell wrote:Not everyone that's coming will have joined the fb group.
Good point.

gladiator

Silver

Post by gladiator » Tue Nov 16, 2010 2:45 pm

dailygrind wrote:
jawsthegreat wrote:

aren't you a little biased in answering this question? how far did your team make it in the end of season tourney?
It's not biased, just the truth. You don't have to play or care about softball but it is definitely the easiest way to make friends/get involved in the UVA culture.

jawsthegreat

Silver

Post by jawsthegreat » Tue Nov 16, 2010 2:51 pm

dailygrind wrote:
jawsthegreat wrote:

We won. :D

Gold

Post by 005618502 » Tue Nov 16, 2010 4:44 pm

dailygrind wrote:
jawsthegreat wrote:

I mean ive always based friendship off of athleticism... doesnt everyone?

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

McDeere

New

Post by McDeere » Tue Nov 16, 2010 4:52 pm

JUST GOT THE CALL!

I'm in ED!
:D :D :D :D :D :D

joemoviebuff

Silver

Post by joemoviebuff » Tue Nov 16, 2010 4:54 pm

McDeere wrote:JUST GOT THE CALL!

I'm in ED!
attaboy, or girl.

McDeere

New

Post by McDeere » Tue Nov 16, 2010 4:55 pm

joemoviebuff wrote:

I'm in ED!
attaboy, or girl.
Thank you! (boy)

pobeda007

New

Post by pobeda007 » Tue Nov 16, 2010 5:01 pm

I'm in ED!

Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!! WHOO!

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

McDeere

New

Post by McDeere » Tue Nov 16, 2010 5:03 pm

pobeda007 wrote:

I'm in ED!

Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!! WHOO!
Thanks! I'm so happy right now! haha

Gold

Post by 005618502 » Tue Nov 16, 2010 5:03 pm

I'm in ED!
Congrats!

dreamscometrue

New

Post by dreamscometrue » Tue Nov 16, 2010 5:51 pm

+1. Congrats!!! =D

dailygrind

Diamond

Post by dailygrind » Tue Nov 16, 2010 7:33 pm

gladiator wrote:
dailygrind wrote:
jawsthegreat wrote:No. Buy a glove/get one that is good and get a pair of cleats. Softball here is a pretty big deal. It probably isn't too far from the truth to say that the easiest way to make friends/get involved in the UVA culture is to become/be good at softball.
It's not biased, just the truth. You don't have to play or care about softball but it is definitely the easiest way to make friends/get involved in the UVA culture.
probably true, but i wouldn't bother buying cleats unless you're pretty serious. only a handful of people in my section have them, and we did a fair bit of softball bonding.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

flyingpanda

Silver

Post by flyingpanda » Tue Nov 16, 2010 9:58 pm

dailygrind wrote:
gladiator wrote:
dailygrind wrote:
jawsthegreat wrote:No. Buy a glove/get one that is good and get a pair of cleats. Softball here is a pretty big deal. It probably isn't too far from the truth to say that the easiest way to make friends/get involved in the UVA culture is to become/be good at softball.
probably true, but i wouldn't bother buying cleats unless you're pretty serious. only a handful of people in my section have them, and we did a fair bit of softball bonding.
For those of you not athletically inclined, drunk league is always looking for players.

jawsthegreat

Silver

Post by jawsthegreat » Tue Nov 16, 2010 10:08 pm

I heard section G was the best drunk league section ever.

inmans

New

Post by inmans » Wed Nov 17, 2010 12:17 am

"I heard section G was the best drunk league section ever."

i don't know if that's a good thing or a bad thing... either way, i am in

ATR

Silver

Post by ATR » Wed Nov 17, 2010 2:50 am

UVA's my #1 choice and I'm considering EDing ASAP - 3.89/164/summer program at UVA (connection)

Do I have a realistic chance? My GPA's above median, so I guess that helps.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “TLS Class of 2014 Forum”