UVA Class of 2014

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2014)
005618502
Posts: 2577
Joined: Thu May 06, 2010 10:56 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2014

Postby 005618502 » Thu Nov 11, 2010 2:15 am

Haha i read his posts, i think each of the lock pics were much more commical then the actual posts

005618502
Posts: 2577
Joined: Thu May 06, 2010 10:56 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2014

Postby 005618502 » Thu Nov 11, 2010 2:18 am

But how about we get back to something this thread was meant to be about.

Like more people getting into the most badass law school ever

005618502
Posts: 2577
Joined: Thu May 06, 2010 10:56 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2014

Postby 005618502 » Thu Nov 11, 2010 2:19 am

This always makes me pretty happy with my decision:

http://www.law.com/jsp/nlj/PubArticleNL ... 2443758843

Anyone else?

CaliMizzou
Posts: 45
Joined: Tue Sep 28, 2010 12:44 am

Re: UVA Class of 2014

Postby CaliMizzou » Thu Nov 11, 2010 2:56 am

jt1341 wrote:This always makes me pretty happy with my decision:

http://www.law.com/jsp/nlj/PubArticleNL ... 2443758843

Anyone else?


+1

masterthearts
Posts: 396
Joined: Sun Nov 08, 2009 11:04 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2014

Postby masterthearts » Thu Nov 11, 2010 10:48 am

Nope..It's Penn you guys. Hope those adcoms don't confuse it with Penn State..It's UPenn, not Penn State.

005618502
Posts: 2577
Joined: Thu May 06, 2010 10:56 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2014

Postby 005618502 » Thu Nov 11, 2010 1:26 pm

masterthearts wrote:Nope..It's Penn you guys. Hope those adcoms don't confuse it with Penn State..It's UPenn, not Penn State.


Don't worry no one in the academic community will

User avatar
pjo
Posts: 610
Joined: Tue Nov 11, 2008 10:14 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2014

Postby pjo » Thu Nov 11, 2010 2:54 pm

Just got the call from Jason Dugas and I'm in!!! I really can't believe it, it was a big stretch for me (162/3.94 - out of state). I'll see everyone in C-ville next year!!!

005618502
Posts: 2577
Joined: Thu May 06, 2010 10:56 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2014

Postby 005618502 » Thu Nov 11, 2010 3:04 pm

pjo wrote:Just got the call from Jason Dugas and I'm in!!! I really can't believe it, it was a big stretch for me (162/3.94 - out of state). I'll see everyone in C-ville next year!!!


GPA above the 75th %. I could have told you that you were going to get in lol.

But congrats!

User avatar
mteevin
Posts: 127
Joined: Mon Oct 11, 2010 3:23 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2014

Postby mteevin » Thu Nov 11, 2010 3:19 pm

Congrats, pjo! When did your app go complete?

In other news, GAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH WTF GIVE ME A DECISION!

005618502
Posts: 2577
Joined: Thu May 06, 2010 10:56 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2014

Postby 005618502 » Thu Nov 11, 2010 3:47 pm

mteevin wrote:Congrats, pjo! When did your app go complete?

In other news, GAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH WTF GIVE ME A DECISION!


What are your numbers? ill tell you whether or not your in lol

User avatar
mteevin
Posts: 127
Joined: Mon Oct 11, 2010 3:23 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2014

Postby mteevin » Thu Nov 11, 2010 3:59 pm

i actually like my chances:

3.3/170

005618502
Posts: 2577
Joined: Thu May 06, 2010 10:56 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2014

Postby 005618502 » Thu Nov 11, 2010 4:00 pm

mteevin wrote:i actually like my chances:

3.3/170


I really like your chances too. Im supried they have held you so long since recieving your ED.

Unless there is something wrong with your app/LOR's or your bad writer.... I think your in!

User avatar
mteevin
Posts: 127
Joined: Mon Oct 11, 2010 3:23 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2014

Postby mteevin » Thu Nov 11, 2010 4:05 pm

jt1341 wrote:
mteevin wrote:i actually like my chances:

3.3/170


I really like your chances too. Im supried they have held you so long since recieving your ED.

Unless there is something wrong with your app/LOR's or your bad writer.... I think your in!


jt1341:

i just looked you up on LSN and saw that you played lacrosse in college...i did too. where did you play?

005618502
Posts: 2577
Joined: Thu May 06, 2010 10:56 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2014

Postby 005618502 » Thu Nov 11, 2010 4:09 pm

mteevin wrote:
jt1341 wrote:
mteevin wrote:i actually like my chances:

3.3/170


I really like your chances too. Im supried they have held you so long since recieving your ED.

Unless there is something wrong with your app/LOR's or your bad writer.... I think your in!


jt1341:

i just looked you up on LSN and saw that you played lacrosse in college...i did too. where did you play?


University of Texas. Also played 1 year at texas state. U play for UCF? funny because my fresh year we played you guys over spring break i believe....

User avatar
mteevin
Posts: 127
Joined: Mon Oct 11, 2010 3:23 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2014

Postby mteevin » Thu Nov 11, 2010 4:13 pm

yeah, i played for ucf...i have no eligibility left though, because i took 9 semesters to graduate. lax is getting big out in tx, there's some quality teams out that way now.

005618502
Posts: 2577
Joined: Thu May 06, 2010 10:56 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2014

Postby 005618502 » Thu Nov 11, 2010 4:16 pm

mteevin wrote:yeah, i played for ucf...i have no eligibility left though, because i took 9 semesters to graduate. lax is getting big out in tx, there's some quality teams out that way now.


Yea man i agree. Funny i forgot to update and correct all my info on LSN. Thanks for the reminder. College lax was a great time thats for sure

User avatar
Deuce
Posts: 1048
Joined: Fri Jun 25, 2010 11:12 am

Re: UVA Class of 2014

Postby Deuce » Thu Nov 11, 2010 4:29 pm

I wanted to play lax at my school but it's club and therefore costs a fair amount of $ to be on the team, couldn't do that. Ah, the good old days of lax...

User avatar
mteevin
Posts: 127
Joined: Mon Oct 11, 2010 3:23 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2014

Postby mteevin » Thu Nov 11, 2010 4:30 pm

jt1341 wrote:
mteevin wrote:yeah, i played for ucf...i have no eligibility left though, because i took 9 semesters to graduate. lax is getting big out in tx, there's some quality teams out that way now.


Yea man i agree. Funny i forgot to update and correct all my info on LSN. Thanks for the reminder. College lax was a great time thats for sure
is it as difficult for you to explain what the MCLA is to an outsider as it is for me?

User avatar
mteevin
Posts: 127
Joined: Mon Oct 11, 2010 3:23 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2014

Postby mteevin » Thu Nov 11, 2010 4:31 pm

Deuce wrote:I wanted to play lax at my school but it's club and therefore costs a fair amount of $ to be on the team, couldn't do that. Ah, the good old days of lax...


yeah, we're both talking about competitive club, MCLA. our dues were $1200 plus, but we gave a couple scholarships if money was a problem. where did you go UG?

User avatar
pjo
Posts: 610
Joined: Tue Nov 11, 2008 10:14 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2014

Postby pjo » Thu Nov 11, 2010 5:22 pm

mteevin wrote:Congrats, pjo! When did your app go complete?

In other news, GAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH WTF GIVE ME A DECISION!


My app has been complete/under review for like over a month. I only recently decided to submit my ED agreement on Monday night. To be honest I almost didn't apply to UVA because I thought it was too big of a reach and at the time I wasn't 100% if I was going to ED. I'm SO glad I did.

005618502
Posts: 2577
Joined: Thu May 06, 2010 10:56 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2014

Postby 005618502 » Thu Nov 11, 2010 5:46 pm

mteevin wrote:
jt1341 wrote:
mteevin wrote:yeah, i played for ucf...i have no eligibility left though, because i took 9 semesters to graduate. lax is getting big out in tx, there's some quality teams out that way now.


Yea man i agree. Funny i forgot to update and correct all my info on LSN. Thanks for the reminder. College lax was a great time thats for sure
is it as difficult for you to explain what the MCLA is to an outsider as it is for me?


haha yea

User avatar
arism87
Posts: 1311
Joined: Sat Sep 04, 2010 7:46 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2014

Postby arism87 » Thu Nov 11, 2010 6:19 pm

I'm still on some mailing lists from undergrad, and I just thought I'd share the email I just got:

Hey LawDems,

As a pre-bar review event this Thursday, we will be holding our annual keg race against the Law and Graduate Republicans at Trinity at 8:30. It's $2 to get a wristband to get in, which is more than worth the share of beer you'll be drinking. We won last year and tapped the keg extremely quickly, so let's continue the winning streak and avenge our loss at the polls last week. Bring your friends!!


Something to look forward to

masterthearts
Posts: 396
Joined: Sun Nov 08, 2009 11:04 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2014

Postby masterthearts » Thu Nov 11, 2010 7:22 pm

Looks like UVA is the only one of the top schools that accepts people so early. What other schools have begun to notify applicants of decisions?

User avatar
arism87
Posts: 1311
Joined: Sat Sep 04, 2010 7:46 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2014

Postby arism87 » Thu Nov 11, 2010 7:25 pm

masterthearts wrote:Looks like UVA is the only one of the top schools that accepts people so early. What other schools have begun to notify applicants of decisions?


Michigan, Duke, Gtown

User avatar
pjo
Posts: 610
Joined: Tue Nov 11, 2008 10:14 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2014

Postby pjo » Fri Nov 12, 2010 12:33 am

Has anyone legitimately started lookign for housing? It seems super early, plus I'd rather live with roomates and I know no one yet. Back tracking through this thread it seems like places go fast though. Does anyone know if sharing a house is common (are there houses for rent on Arlington-- seems to be the place to be)? At my UG this is a lot more common than sharing an apartment.




Return to “TLS Class of 2014 Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests