UVA Class of 2014

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2014)
User avatar
CGI Fridays
Posts: 897
Joined: Tue Sep 21, 2010 5:46 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2014

Postby CGI Fridays » Tue Oct 19, 2010 8:22 pm

jt1341 wrote:being really early is coming to an end i would say

::sniffle::
If I ED right after LSAT & LORs process by the fifth, do you think that 170+ will still be a golden ticket assuming 3.4-3.6? I just barely clear their GPA 25th percentile.

User avatar
joemoviebuff
Posts: 788
Joined: Wed Feb 10, 2010 12:51 am

Re: UVA Class of 2014

Postby joemoviebuff » Tue Oct 19, 2010 8:28 pm

CGI Fridays wrote:
jt1341 wrote:being really early is coming to an end i would say

::sniffle::
If I ED right after LSAT & LORs process by the fifth, do you think that 170+ will still be a golden ticket assuming 3.4-3.6? I just barely clear their GPA 25th percentile.


I ED'd in January with a 3.4/170, so I would be inclined to think so.

005618502
Posts: 2577
Joined: Thu May 06, 2010 10:56 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2014

Postby 005618502 » Tue Oct 19, 2010 8:43 pm

CGI Fridays wrote:
jt1341 wrote:being really early is coming to an end i would say

::sniffle::
If I ED right after LSAT & LORs process by the fifth, do you think that 170+ will still be a golden ticket assuming 3.4-3.6? I just barely clear their GPA 25th percentile.


with a 3.4-3.6 and a 170+ i would say you are definitely in if you do it right away.

I would say that the 3.1 170+ that was being admitted will probably not be so lucky anymore. or the 160 4.0 (those seem to be the two most extreme i have seen)

User avatar
broker02
Posts: 97
Joined: Fri Nov 27, 2009 5:18 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2014

Postby broker02 » Tue Oct 19, 2010 10:09 pm

I have to wait for Oct. LSAT scores so ~Nov. 1 is the earliest I can possibly get my completed app in. Hopefully that doesn't seal my fate.

CaliMizzou
Posts: 45
Joined: Tue Sep 28, 2010 12:44 am

Re: UVA Class of 2014

Postby CaliMizzou » Tue Oct 19, 2010 10:29 pm

How about a 3.32/170 that went complete today lol. (Fingers crossed!!!)

005618502
Posts: 2577
Joined: Thu May 06, 2010 10:56 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2014

Postby 005618502 » Tue Oct 19, 2010 10:30 pm

broker02 wrote:I have to wait for Oct. LSAT scores so ~Nov. 1 is the earliest I can possibly get my completed app in. Hopefully that doesn't seal my fate.


If your ready to send everything the day you get your score i would say you beat the majority of october LSAT takers apps and that would be early. I think you have a good chance. Best of luck though, let us know if it works out

005618502
Posts: 2577
Joined: Thu May 06, 2010 10:56 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2014

Postby 005618502 » Tue Oct 19, 2010 10:32 pm

CaliMizzou wrote:How about a 3.32/170 that went complete today lol. (Fingers crossed!!!)


Ummm i would think your good, or at least most with your numbers have been. Have you gotten the confirmation they recieved your ED form? i heard back less then 24 hours later, so be ready!

User avatar
broker02
Posts: 97
Joined: Fri Nov 27, 2009 5:18 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2014

Postby broker02 » Tue Oct 19, 2010 10:36 pm

I will have everything ready to go, just waiting on the LSAT score (and crossing my fingers, I was in the 163-168 LSAT PT range so here's to hoping for my average). I'll post as soon as I know anything for sure.

CaliMizzou
Posts: 45
Joined: Tue Sep 28, 2010 12:44 am

Re: UVA Class of 2014

Postby CaliMizzou » Tue Oct 19, 2010 10:39 pm

I did get confirmation. They've actually had my app with my ed form for over a week, but there was a problem with one of my letters of rec and that just got through yesterday. Hopefully I'll be hearing back in the next couple of days then :D

User avatar
ArchRoark
Posts: 1000
Joined: Sat Jul 03, 2010 2:53 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2014

Postby ArchRoark » Wed Oct 20, 2010 11:12 am

Does anyone know how many years UVA has been offering the 15 day turn around on ED admissions?

User avatar
bostonlawchick
Posts: 439
Joined: Tue Nov 17, 2009 10:09 am

Re: UVA Class of 2014

Postby bostonlawchick » Wed Oct 20, 2010 12:09 pm

I'm starting to freak out... can anyone help me feel a little better about my chances? I'll be applying ED whenever my LORs get in (hopefully within the next two weeks) 171/3.27, degree GPA is a 3.5. No softs, I work 40 hours a week at a retail job to pay for school. Am I too late? Every time I see another acceptance I want to start hyperventilating.

tommynobody
Posts: 35
Joined: Fri Mar 26, 2010 11:13 am

Re: UVA Class of 2014

Postby tommynobody » Wed Oct 20, 2010 12:35 pm

bostonlawchick wrote:I'm starting to freak out... can anyone help me feel a little better about my chances? I'll be applying ED whenever my LORs get in (hopefully within the next two weeks) 171/3.27, degree GPA is a 3.5. No softs, I work 40 hours a week at a retail job to pay for school. Am I too late? Every time I see another acceptance I want to start hyperventilating.

Not sure the “earliness” of an app is quite as critical as its being made out to be. I was 3.0/170+ and got in last cycle in late December.

They see TONS of applications from splitters and they can only let so many of them in. It’s important that your application contains concrete reasons why they should admit you over all the other splitters. My suspicion is that most the people with really well put together applications also happen to be the ones with everything ready to go on Sept 1. Thus, the fact that “splitters fare better when get their apps in early” has more to do with the quality of app itself than the timing of it.

Bottom line: Make sure your app says "I've done my homework, I want to be a lawyer and these are the reasons why I'll succeed at it" and dont worry quite so much about when you get it in. Getting your app in early is just one way to show that you're on top of your game but definitely the only one and certainly not the most important one.

005618502
Posts: 2577
Joined: Thu May 06, 2010 10:56 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2014

Postby 005618502 » Wed Oct 20, 2010 1:15 pm

bostonlawchick wrote:I'm starting to freak out... can anyone help me feel a little better about my chances? I'll be applying ED whenever my LORs get in (hopefully within the next two weeks) 171/3.27, degree GPA is a 3.5. No softs, I work 40 hours a week at a retail job to pay for school. Am I too late? Every time I see another acceptance I want to start hyperventilating.


I think your good, this may sound dumb but that 171 rather then just another 170 will definitely help you. If you can get it in by end of this month (before oct lsat takers start applying) i think your in

CaliMizzou
Posts: 45
Joined: Tue Sep 28, 2010 12:44 am

Re: UVA Class of 2014

Postby CaliMizzou » Wed Oct 20, 2010 2:09 pm

bostonlawchick wrote:Every time I see another acceptance I want to start hyperventilating.


Really? I start freaking out every time I see someone with similar numbers being rejected lol.

User avatar
gladiator
Posts: 1211
Joined: Mon May 28, 2007 12:40 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2014

Postby gladiator » Wed Oct 20, 2010 2:36 pm

burger lover wrote:not to steer the convo away from netbooks...

but, what the hell am i looking at here??

--ImageRemoved--

apologies if this is old news to everyone else.


It's Cavman's horse.

turkeysub
Posts: 100
Joined: Fri Sep 10, 2010 9:48 am

Re: UVA Class of 2014

Postby turkeysub » Wed Oct 20, 2010 3:32 pm

Yo, don't hate on the mascot, mascots are an important source of legal business, especially ITE.



http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g30WRlhgHe8


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g6AtdA02 ... re=related

005618502
Posts: 2577
Joined: Thu May 06, 2010 10:56 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2014

Postby 005618502 » Wed Oct 20, 2010 5:06 pm

gladiator wrote:
burger lover wrote:not to steer the convo away from netbooks...

but, what the hell am i looking at here??

--ImageRemoved--

apologies if this is old news to everyone else.


It's Cavman's horse.


I thought UVA had an actual horse... lol that looks like shit to be honest

User avatar
arism87
Posts: 1311
Joined: Sat Sep 04, 2010 7:46 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2014

Postby arism87 » Wed Oct 20, 2010 5:25 pm

jt1341 wrote:
gladiator wrote:
burger lover wrote:not to steer the convo away from netbooks...

but, what the hell am i looking at here??

--ImageRemoved--

apologies if this is old news to everyone else.


It's Cavman's horse.


I thought UVA had an actual horse... lol that looks like shit to be honest


They dooooo! As a former Wahoo, I have never seen this. Silly.

005618502
Posts: 2577
Joined: Thu May 06, 2010 10:56 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2014

Postby 005618502 » Wed Oct 20, 2010 5:26 pm

arism87 wrote:
jt1341 wrote:
gladiator wrote:
burger lover wrote:not to steer the convo away from netbooks...

but, what the hell am i looking at here??

--ImageRemoved--

apologies if this is old news to everyone else.


It's Cavman's horse.


I thought UVA had an actual horse... lol that looks like shit to be honest


They dooooo! As a former Wahoo, I have never seen this. Silly.


Former Wahoo? sorry if this is a common term, i am not there yet.

User avatar
im_blue
Posts: 3276
Joined: Sun Apr 12, 2009 3:53 am

Re: UVA Class of 2014

Postby im_blue » Wed Oct 20, 2010 5:33 pm

jt1341 wrote:Former Wahoo? sorry if this is a common term, i am not there yet.

Wahoos are UVA students.

User avatar
esq
Posts: 571
Joined: Tue Jul 13, 2010 9:59 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2014

Postby esq » Wed Oct 20, 2010 5:35 pm

Former Wahoo? sorry if this is a common term, i am not there yet.


Wahoo: a fish that can drink three times its weight, aka a nickname for UVA students - many of whom can also drink up to three times their weight.

Edited for reference: --LinkRemoved--
Last edited by esq on Wed Oct 20, 2010 5:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

005618502
Posts: 2577
Joined: Thu May 06, 2010 10:56 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2014

Postby 005618502 » Wed Oct 20, 2010 5:40 pm

esq wrote:
Former Wahoo? sorry if this is a common term, i am not there yet.


Wahoo: a fish that can drink up to three times its weight, aka a nickname for UVA students - many of whom can also drink up to three times their weight.


Hahah great just the reputation a T14 school needs. Funny because thats the reputation of a shitty state school down the road from my university...

User avatar
gladiator
Posts: 1211
Joined: Mon May 28, 2007 12:40 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2014

Postby gladiator » Wed Oct 20, 2010 6:42 pm

UVA has a real Cavman, real horse, mascot Cavman, and mascot horse....though the mascot horse may have been quickly retired due to low approval.

Also, most people don't really know what wahoo means so it's not much of a reputation but UVA Law is known for beer and softball independently. That makes most people jealous though, coming to UVA for the softball invitational weekend is like their Christmas to get to be like us for 3 days.

005618502
Posts: 2577
Joined: Thu May 06, 2010 10:56 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2014

Postby 005618502 » Wed Oct 20, 2010 6:54 pm

gladiator wrote:UVA has a real Cavman, real horse, mascot Cavman, and mascot horse....though the mascot horse may have been quickly retired due to low approval.

Also, most people don't really know what wahoo means so it's not much of a reputation but UVA Law is known for beer and softball independently. That makes most people jealous though, coming to UVA for the softball invitational weekend is like their Christmas to get to be like us for 3 days.

So how does one go about getting on a competitive softball team when u get there so u don't only havve a section team that may not be so good.

User avatar
YCrevolution
Posts: 4714
Joined: Sat Oct 25, 2008 1:25 am

Re: UVA Class of 2014

Postby YCrevolution » Wed Oct 20, 2010 6:56 pm

..




Return to “TLS Class of 2014 Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest