UVA Class of 2014

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2014)
User avatar
luckyme
Posts: 367
Joined: Wed Sep 15, 2010 9:41 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2014

Postby luckyme » Mon Aug 08, 2011 8:19 pm

a dawg does anyone know how and when and if we can register?

User avatar
pjo
Posts: 610
Joined: Tue Nov 11, 2008 10:14 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2014

Postby pjo » Mon Aug 08, 2011 8:20 pm

gladiator wrote:Were any of you in attendance at the party in Jeffersonian that got the power turned off on it?

Bravo, Class of 2014. You'll fit in nicely.


Haha when I met the manager there, she told me all about "that group" of law students.

User avatar
luckyme
Posts: 367
Joined: Wed Sep 15, 2010 9:41 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2014

Postby luckyme » Mon Aug 08, 2011 8:27 pm

luckyme wrote:a dawg does anyone know how and when and if we can register?


or do we just get class assignments when we find out what section we are in, and i don't need to bother with the "enrollment" section of SIS?

User avatar
jawsthegreat
Posts: 792
Joined: Wed Dec 03, 2008 10:51 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2014

Postby jawsthegreat » Mon Aug 08, 2011 8:56 pm

pjo wrote:
gladiator wrote:Were any of you in attendance at the party in Jeffersonian that got the power turned off on it?

Bravo, Class of 2014. You'll fit in nicely.


Haha when I met the manager there, she told me all about "that group" of law students.


I am so excited to learn this.

The ability of UVA to attract degenerate geniuses to its grounds is awe inspiring.

berkeleykel06
Posts: 292
Joined: Thu Mar 11, 2010 3:39 am

Re: UVA Class of 2014

Postby berkeleykel06 » Mon Aug 08, 2011 10:05 pm

luckyme wrote:
luckyme wrote:a dawg does anyone know how and when and if we can register?


or do we just get class assignments when we find out what section we are in, and i don't need to bother with the "enrollment" section of SIS?


You are automatically enrolled in each of your courses based on which section you get put into. Since you don't get to choose any of your classes this fall, you don't need to register or anything.

User avatar
luckyme
Posts: 367
Joined: Wed Sep 15, 2010 9:41 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2014

Postby luckyme » Tue Aug 09, 2011 8:16 am

berkeleykel06 wrote:
luckyme wrote:
luckyme wrote:a dawg does anyone know how and when and if we can register?


or do we just get class assignments when we find out what section we are in, and i don't need to bother with the "enrollment" section of SIS?


You are automatically enrolled in each of your courses based on which section you get put into. Since you don't get to choose any of your classes this fall, you don't need to register or anything.


thanks so much

User avatar
esq
Posts: 571
Joined: Tue Jul 13, 2010 9:59 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2014

Postby esq » Wed Aug 10, 2011 6:30 pm

I have got a twin sized mattress and box-spring set available if anyone wants it. It's in pretty good shape, and best of all it's free to whoever wants it. PM me if you're interested and we will figure out how to get it to where you're at on campus.

User avatar
Cavalier
Posts: 1994
Joined: Mon Apr 13, 2009 6:13 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2014

Postby Cavalier » Wed Aug 10, 2011 6:51 pm

esq wrote:I have got a twin sized mattress and box-spring set available if anyone wants it. It's in pretty good shape, and best of all it's free to whoever wants it. PM me if you're interested and we will figure out how to get it to where you're at on campus.

Fail :P

User avatar
esq
Posts: 571
Joined: Tue Jul 13, 2010 9:59 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2014

Postby esq » Wed Aug 10, 2011 8:11 pm

Cavalier wrote:
esq wrote:I have got a twin sized mattress and box-spring set available if anyone wants it. It's in pretty good shape, and best of all it's free to whoever wants it. PM me if you're interested and we will figure out how to get it to where you're at on campus.

Fail :P

Or off :wink:

albanach
Posts: 1011
Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2008 10:05 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2014

Postby albanach » Wed Aug 10, 2011 8:41 pm

esq wrote:Or off :wink:


I think Cavalier was pointing out that UVa doesn't have a campus. We have grounds.

PancakeMonster
Posts: 28
Joined: Wed Sep 02, 2009 6:45 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2014

Postby PancakeMonster » Wed Aug 10, 2011 9:01 pm

Are there any books we can purchase before we learn our sections, to save some money by buying through Amazon?

albanach
Posts: 1011
Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2008 10:05 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2014

Postby albanach » Wed Aug 10, 2011 9:13 pm

PancakeMonster wrote:Are there any books we can purchase before we learn our sections, to save some money by buying through Amazon?


Further back in the thread there's one book mentioned.

You should be able to order books on the Friday evening using Amazon Prime and have them delivered on the Monday.

User avatar
esq
Posts: 571
Joined: Tue Jul 13, 2010 9:59 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2014

Postby esq » Wed Aug 10, 2011 9:51 pm

albanach wrote:
esq wrote:Or off :wink:


I think Cavalier was pointing out that UVa doesn't have a campus. We have grounds.


Ooohhh :roll: Thanks for pointing out.

So on or off grounds, hit me up if you want a free bed.

User avatar
yngblkgifted
Posts: 1049
Joined: Sun Apr 25, 2010 8:57 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2014

Postby yngblkgifted » Wed Aug 10, 2011 10:16 pm

esq wrote:
albanach wrote:
esq wrote:Or off :wink:


I think Cavalier was pointing out that UVa doesn't have a campus. We have grounds.


Ooohhh :roll: Thanks for pointing out.

So on or off grounds, hit me up if you want a free bed.



Please don't tell me law students care that much about the stupid pretentious customs of UVa. Like we don't have to pledge of allegiance to Thomas Jefferson every morning like the undergrads, do we?

albanach
Posts: 1011
Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2008 10:05 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2014

Postby albanach » Wed Aug 10, 2011 10:50 pm

yngblkgifted wrote:
Please don't tell me law students care that much about the stupid pretentious customs of UVa. Like we don't have to pledge of allegiance to Thomas Jefferson every morning like the undergrads, do we?


Of course not. Once in law school we get to call him TJ.

socraticmethodman
Posts: 315
Joined: Wed Nov 10, 2010 3:35 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2014

Postby socraticmethodman » Thu Aug 11, 2011 1:16 pm

albanach wrote:
yngblkgifted wrote:
Please don't tell me law students care that much about the stupid pretentious customs of UVa. Like we don't have to pledge of allegiance to Thomas Jefferson every morning like the undergrads, do we?


Of course not. Once in law school we get to call him TJ.


Haha

User avatar
sundance95
Posts: 2123
Joined: Wed Jun 09, 2010 7:44 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2014

Postby sundance95 » Thu Aug 11, 2011 1:20 pm

yngblkgifted wrote:Please don't tell me law students care that much about the stupid pretentious customs of UVa. Like we don't have to pledge of allegiance to Thomas Jefferson every morning like the undergrads, do we?

Does this really happen? :shock:

User avatar
yngblkgifted
Posts: 1049
Joined: Sun Apr 25, 2010 8:57 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2014

Postby yngblkgifted » Thu Aug 11, 2011 1:36 pm

sundance95 wrote:
yngblkgifted wrote:Please don't tell me law students care that much about the stupid pretentious customs of UVa. Like we don't have to pledge of allegiance to Thomas Jefferson every morning like the undergrads, do we?

Does this really happen? :shock:


After getting to know some undergrads, I wouldn't be surprised.

User avatar
dailygrind
Posts: 19653
Joined: Wed Oct 22, 2008 11:08 am

Re: UVA Class of 2014

Postby dailygrind » Thu Aug 11, 2011 9:09 pm

yngblkgifted wrote:Please don't tell me law students care that much about the stupid pretentious customs of UVa. Like we don't have to pledge of allegiance to Thomas Jefferson every morning like the undergrads, do we?


When in Rome, man. You could call it the campus and everyone would know what you meant, but after a while it basically just says "I don't care about your traditions enough to change one word in my vocabulary," and some people don't appreciate that.

User avatar
yngblkgifted
Posts: 1049
Joined: Sun Apr 25, 2010 8:57 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2014

Postby yngblkgifted » Thu Aug 11, 2011 9:28 pm

dailygrind wrote:
yngblkgifted wrote:Please don't tell me law students care that much about the stupid pretentious customs of UVa. Like we don't have to pledge of allegiance to Thomas Jefferson every morning like the undergrads, do we?


When in Rome, man. You could call it the campus and everyone would know what you meant, but after a while it basically just says "I don't care about your traditions enough to change one word in my vocabulary," and some people don't appreciate that.


Yes, I know. I unfortunately I have accepted that fact. It has slowly become a part of my vocabulary. Hopefully I won't change too much and I will always consider it a little :roll: worthy.

User avatar
dailygrind
Posts: 19653
Joined: Wed Oct 22, 2008 11:08 am

Re: UVA Class of 2014

Postby dailygrind » Thu Aug 11, 2011 9:31 pm

Who knows, man. We brew some mighty powerful koolaid in these parts.

User avatar
yngblkgifted
Posts: 1049
Joined: Sun Apr 25, 2010 8:57 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2014

Postby yngblkgifted » Thu Aug 11, 2011 9:39 pm

dailygrind wrote:Who knows, man. We brew some mighty powerful koolaid in these parts.


So I've heard. But if we all drink it, then no one seems crazy, right? :D

User avatar
dailygrind
Posts: 19653
Joined: Wed Oct 22, 2008 11:08 am

Re: UVA Class of 2014

Postby dailygrind » Thu Aug 11, 2011 10:03 pm

Haha, that's the hope.

User avatar
flyingpanda
Posts: 824
Joined: Mon Oct 19, 2009 5:32 am

Re: UVA Class of 2014

Postby flyingpanda » Fri Aug 12, 2011 8:35 am

esq wrote:
crossingforHYS wrote:For the ID's we go to the Observatory Hill Dinning Hall...I don't know where that is tough.Hope that helps!

for the bed...I am looking to spend around 300ish, so I hope I can find something there! I will look it over, Thanks!


Cool, I'll have to see if I can get one issued to me and then use it to figure out the Northline Bus route - looks like it will take me down to the aquatics center for a morning swim. Bummed that I probably won't be able to touch the gym before class starts though.

Over the weekend, Salvation Army had a half price sale. I saw a guy pick up a queen sized bed, solid wood frame, and nice Sealy mattress set for $60. I scored on some awesome stuff too. Hopefully they have what you are looking for, and if they have another sale like they did this past weekend, you're set.


Tip to everyone: Observatory Hill Dining Hall IS NOT... I REPEAT... IS NOT the same as Observatory Hill. Last year when I went to get my ID, I ended up getting lost and wandering around for an hour in 100 degree heat.

User avatar
gladiator
Posts: 1211
Joined: Mon May 28, 2007 12:40 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2014

Postby gladiator » Fri Aug 12, 2011 1:21 pm

The ID office is at the southwest corner of Alderman and McCormick on the first floor of the building. You walk in the main doors and walk straight back. There are a few parking spots on McCormick next to the building.




Return to “TLS Class of 2014 Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest