UVA Class of 2014

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2014)
desertlaw
Posts: 679
Joined: Thu Oct 22, 2009 3:03 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2014

Postby desertlaw » Wed Jun 29, 2011 4:58 am

Beer Run's nachos are amazing and the beer selection is pretty solid. I have shared both with TLS's Doritos and hope to soon again. Also worth visiting is Blue Mountain Brewery outside of town (about 20-25 min from Ivy apartments). And plenty of good wineries nearby worth checking out as well.

And no one wanted to put Little John's on the sandwich/late night list? That place has amazing sandwiches and are usually making serious late-nite cash. They are no BellAir Market, but still solid.

I am convinced there is no sandwich on this earth that is more perfect than BellAir's Farmington on a breezy April day in Cville.

User avatar
swinger
Posts: 126
Joined: Wed Sep 22, 2010 12:09 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2014

Postby swinger » Wed Jun 29, 2011 8:47 am

desertlaw wrote:Beer Run's nachos are amazing and the beer selection is pretty solid. I have shared both with TLS's Doritos and hope to soon again. Also worth visiting is Blue Mountain Brewery outside of town (about 20-25 min from Ivy apartments). And plenty of good wineries nearby worth checking out as well.

And no one wanted to put Little John's on the sandwich/late night list? That place has amazing sandwiches and are usually making serious late-nite cash. They are no BellAir Market, but still solid.

I am convinced there is no sandwich on this earth that is more perfect than BellAir's Farmington on a breezy April day in Cville.


Little John's is the most unholy thing ever. Demon children are raised on Little John's. Little John's is where dreams go to die.

That said, try the wild turkey. Also, they sell beer, so after the bar closes (and when the line to get your future internal malfunction sandwich is long) you can grab one, drink it in line, order, and then get another one when you check out! hooray!

socraticmethodman
Posts: 315
Joined: Wed Nov 10, 2010 3:35 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2014

Postby socraticmethodman » Wed Jun 29, 2011 5:03 pm

Anyone get their locker yet?

paulinaporizkova
Posts: 2494
Joined: Mon Nov 22, 2010 9:25 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2014

Postby paulinaporizkova » Wed Jun 29, 2011 5:05 pm

socraticmethodman wrote:Anyone get their locker yet?


how? by actually being there?

User avatar
joemoviebuff
Posts: 788
Joined: Wed Feb 10, 2010 12:51 am

Re: UVA Class of 2014

Postby joemoviebuff » Wed Jun 29, 2011 5:06 pm

paulinaporizkova wrote:
socraticmethodman wrote:Anyone get their locker yet?


how? by actually being there?


You can pay the fee online and make a request for which hall you want it in I believe.

crossingforHYS
Posts: 702
Joined: Sun Nov 01, 2009 10:23 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2014

Postby crossingforHYS » Wed Jun 29, 2011 5:12 pm

socraticmethodman wrote:Anyone get their locker yet?

yep.

you can get it by going to lawweb -->student services--> locker fee/renewel and then chose the hall and then you get confirmation and your locker number.

Puttanesca
Posts: 443
Joined: Wed Feb 09, 2011 2:10 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2014

Postby Puttanesca » Wed Jun 29, 2011 7:20 pm

Checking in. Looking forward to August!

théo
Posts: 69
Joined: Sat Dec 18, 2010 11:47 am

Re: UVA Class of 2014

Postby théo » Thu Jun 30, 2011 5:53 am

crossingforHYS wrote:
socraticmethodman wrote:Anyone get their locker yet?

yep.

you can get it by going to lawweb -->student services--> locker fee/renewel and then chose the hall and then you get confirmation and your locker number.


thanks! i just did this.

Heat
Posts: 166
Joined: Mon Jun 21, 2010 8:18 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2014

Postby Heat » Thu Jun 30, 2011 6:17 am

théo wrote:
crossingforHYS wrote:
socraticmethodman wrote:Anyone get their locker yet?

yep.

you can get it by going to lawweb -->student services--> locker fee/renewel and then chose the hall and then you get confirmation and your locker number.


thanks! i just did this.


What hall did you guys pick?

User avatar
itsirtou
Posts: 401
Joined: Tue Jan 05, 2010 10:05 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2014

Postby itsirtou » Thu Jun 30, 2011 8:35 am

Heat wrote:
théo wrote:
crossingforHYS wrote:
socraticmethodman wrote:Anyone get their locker yet?

yep.

you can get it by going to lawweb -->student services--> locker fee/renewel and then chose the hall and then you get confirmation and your locker number.


thanks! i just did this.


What hall did you guys pick?


fwiw, i think right in front of Scott Commons is the best place to get a locker, especially since a lot of the time last year I'd have my books for the morning with me, and change out for the afternoon at lunch. it just seemed really convenient, for me and my friends who had their lockers there.

battle_tested
Posts: 36
Joined: Fri Feb 25, 2011 10:46 am

Re: UVA Class of 2014

Postby battle_tested » Thu Jun 30, 2011 8:45 am

itsirtou wrote:fwiw, i think right in front of Scott Commons is the best place to get a locker, especially since a lot of the time last year I'd have my books for the morning with me, and change out for the afternoon at lunch. it just seemed really convenient, for me and my friends who had their lockers there.


So what hall would that be?

User avatar
dgouzoul
Posts: 244
Joined: Sat Oct 24, 2009 9:24 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2014

Postby dgouzoul » Thu Jun 30, 2011 8:46 am

TBH, IMO, getting a locker is a waste. If you put a book in your locker that means you can't read it if you have 3 free minutes at some point during the day.

I know a couple people that didn't get lockers and they have 4.0 GPAs

User avatar
Cavalier
Posts: 1994
Joined: Mon Apr 13, 2009 6:13 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2014

Postby Cavalier » Thu Jun 30, 2011 8:55 am

dgouzoul wrote:TBH, IMO, getting a locker is a waste. If you put a book in your locker that means you can't read it if you have 3 free minutes at some point during the day.

I know a couple people that didn't get lockers and they have 4.0 GPAs

flame?

socraticmethodman
Posts: 315
Joined: Wed Nov 10, 2010 3:35 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2014

Postby socraticmethodman » Thu Jun 30, 2011 8:57 am

dgouzoul wrote:TBH, IMO, getting a locker is a waste. If you put a book in your locker that means you can't read it if you have 3 free minutes at some point during the day.

I know a couple people that didn't get lockers and they have 4.0 GPAs


I want a 4.0, so I'm not getting a locker.

User avatar
swinger
Posts: 126
Joined: Wed Sep 22, 2010 12:09 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2014

Postby swinger » Thu Jun 30, 2011 9:00 am

Cavalier wrote:
dgouzoul wrote:TBH, IMO, getting a locker is a waste. If you put a book in your locker that means you can't read it if you have 3 free minutes at some point during the day.

I know a couple people that didn't get lockers and they have 4.0 GPAs

flame?


dgouzoul is the flamiest of the flames.

User avatar
dgouzoul
Posts: 244
Joined: Sat Oct 24, 2009 9:24 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2014

Postby dgouzoul » Thu Jun 30, 2011 9:08 am

Image

crossingforHYS
Posts: 702
Joined: Sun Nov 01, 2009 10:23 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2014

Postby crossingforHYS » Thu Jun 30, 2011 12:52 pm

I got mine near the library---I figured it would help me if I am staying at school to study.

User avatar
swinger
Posts: 126
Joined: Wed Sep 22, 2010 12:09 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2014

Postby swinger » Thu Jun 30, 2011 1:30 pm

crossingforHYS wrote:I got mine near the library---I figured it would help me if I am staying at school to study.


thats a solid spot, more so because most of your classes will likely be in that hallway.

the law school is not that big though, so even if you had it in upstairs slaughter (the furthest you can be from the library) it probably wouldnt have much affect on your studying/well-being.

User avatar
LLB2JD
Posts: 745
Joined: Tue Sep 29, 2009 5:32 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2014

Postby LLB2JD » Thu Jun 30, 2011 3:37 pm

socraticmethodman wrote:
dgouzoul wrote:TBH, IMO, getting a locker is a waste. If you put a book in your locker that means you can't read it if you have 3 free minutes at some point during the day.

I know a couple people that didn't get lockers and they have 4.0 GPAs


I want a 4.0, so I'm not getting a locker.



Haha..

User avatar
Doritos
Posts: 1232
Joined: Tue Nov 24, 2009 8:24 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2014

Postby Doritos » Thu Jun 30, 2011 4:32 pm

dgouzoul wrote:TBH, IMO, getting a locker is a waste. If you put a book in your locker that means you can't read it if you have 3 free minutes at some point during the day.

I know a couple people that didn't get lockers and they have 4.0 GPAs


--ImageRemoved--

User avatar
bertstare
Posts: 24
Joined: Wed Jun 08, 2011 5:29 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2014

Postby bertstare » Thu Jun 30, 2011 6:08 pm

Doritos wrote:
dgouzoul wrote:TBH, IMO, getting a locker is a waste. If you put a book in your locker that means you can't read it if you have 3 free minutes at some point during the day.

I know a couple people that didn't get lockers and they have 4.0 GPAs


--ImageRemoved--


Image

User avatar
Doritos
Posts: 1232
Joined: Tue Nov 24, 2009 8:24 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2014

Postby Doritos » Fri Jul 01, 2011 7:45 am

lol, I'm honored

User avatar
vamedic03
Posts: 1579
Joined: Mon Sep 29, 2008 9:50 am

Re: UVA Class of 2014

Postby vamedic03 » Fri Jul 01, 2011 7:46 pm

swinger wrote:
crossingforHYS wrote:I got mine near the library---I figured it would help me if I am staying at school to study.


thats a solid spot, more so because most of your classes will likely be in that hallway.

the law school is not that big though, so even if you had it in upstairs slaughter (the furthest you can be from the library) it probably wouldnt have much affect on your studying/well-being.


If you want to get to school with only a little bit of time to spare, I would recommend against getting a second floor slaughter locker. Note, this depends on where you live and whether you are driving.

grash
Posts: 49
Joined: Sat Dec 11, 2010 10:35 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2014

Postby grash » Fri Jul 01, 2011 8:08 pm

Also, it's fairly obvious, but if you live in the Jeffersonian (or one of the other really close apartments) you may find you don't even need a locker. Since I study at home, I ended up never using my locker. Probably should have rented it out to another student at a premium...

akira2185
Posts: 8
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 3:30 am

Re: UVA Class of 2014

Postby akira2185 » Wed Jul 06, 2011 6:52 pm

hunton and williams is the scott commons hall I believe.

That's probably where you should get a locker. You never know where your classes are going to be concentrated, but you can know that ScoCo is in the middle. Some years you may be Withers Brown heavy in classes (1L seems to have a lot), others may be Slaughter heavy (clinics, seminars, trial ad etc). Since you get to keep your locker assignment, you might as well have one that is always central. And near where you'll probably eat lunch and want to drop your stuff off anyway.




Return to “TLS Class of 2014 Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest