UVA Class of 2014

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2014)
User avatar
joeshmo39

Silver
Posts: 533
Joined: Tue Jun 09, 2009 5:15 am

Re: UVA Class of 2014

Postby joeshmo39 » Mon Jun 06, 2011 10:21 am

I got drunk twice during finals week. My other roommate drank for like 8 consecutive nights during finals week. He also had WW3 in his bedroom, but it turned out he was just playing Crysis. I played a decent amount of Portal 2. The thing about finals week is that if you've had it together all year, you review, update our outlines, study with some people, take your practice tests, and then sit down and just relax.
I remember a friend of mine in undergrad telling me that good students didn't sleep during finals week. I had to correct him to good students do sleep because they know what's going on, bad students have to stay up because they've frittered away the entire semester. I actually regret not relaxing more during finals week. Drive-By Truckers played and I should have gone, same with TVOTR. Maybe if I would have chilled out even more I wouldn't have developed wicked crazy insomnia.

User avatar
dgouzoul

Bronze
Posts: 242
Joined: Sat Oct 24, 2009 9:24 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2014

Postby dgouzoul » Mon Jun 06, 2011 11:05 am

if you study more than 30 or 45 minutes a day during finals week, you're going to have diminishing returns and burn out

User avatar
swinger

Bronze
Posts: 126
Joined: Wed Sep 22, 2010 12:09 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2014

Postby swinger » Mon Jun 06, 2011 12:23 pm

dgouzoul wrote:if you study more than 30 or 45 minutes a day during finals week, you're going to have diminishing returns and burn out


a bit exaggerated, but how do you argue with those results?

User avatar
LLB2JD

Silver
Posts: 660
Joined: Tue Sep 29, 2009 5:32 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2014

Postby LLB2JD » Mon Jun 06, 2011 4:31 pm

So I got my LawWeb login information at my UVA email. Exciting times. It's getting real.

User avatar
gladiator

Silver
Posts: 1211
Joined: Mon May 28, 2007 12:40 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2014

Postby gladiator » Mon Jun 06, 2011 6:37 pm

dgouzoul wrote:Gladiator- he insists you are Hector reborn. Or was it Hercules? Why doesn't the hero reveal himself and tell us all your real name. You do have a name?
--ImageRemoved--


What we do in life law school echoes in eternity.

User avatar
Doritos

Silver
Posts: 1214
Joined: Tue Nov 24, 2009 8:24 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2014

Postby Doritos » Mon Jun 06, 2011 7:48 pm

Whoever drank 8 consecutive nights during finals week sounds like a winner

User avatar
jawsthegreat

Silver
Posts: 792
Joined: Wed Dec 03, 2008 10:51 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2014

Postby jawsthegreat » Mon Jun 06, 2011 8:38 pm

swinger wrote:
dgouzoul wrote:if you study more than 30 or 45 minutes a day during finals week, you're going to have diminishing returns and burn out


a bit exaggerated, but how do you argue with those results?


Staying up all night the day before the test and not studying is credited. Amirite?

uvahooo

Bronze
Posts: 163
Joined: Sat Aug 14, 2010 4:28 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2014

Postby uvahooo » Mon Jun 06, 2011 11:00 pm

Doritos wrote:Whoever drank 8 consecutive nights during finals week sounds like a winner


Nice pic DORITOS

Do you think your grades sufffffered?

I drank 4 nights. Wooooooo. One after EVERY FINAL. You beat me.

User avatar
Gecko of Doom

Bronze
Posts: 415
Joined: Sun Jan 30, 2011 8:32 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2014

Postby Gecko of Doom » Tue Jun 07, 2011 1:12 pm

Looks like I'm going to be joining you all this fall.

Also, poker is cool.

slotwide

New
Posts: 48
Joined: Wed Dec 30, 2009 3:12 am

Re: UVA Class of 2014

Postby slotwide » Tue Jun 07, 2011 2:51 pm

Has anyone been able to get a permanent Netbadge password or can we only get that once we have enrolled officially?

crossingforHYS

Silver
Posts: 702
Joined: Sun Nov 01, 2009 10:23 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2014

Postby crossingforHYS » Tue Jun 07, 2011 5:03 pm

slotwide wrote:Has anyone been able to get a permanent Netbadge password or can we only get that once we have enrolled officially?

I have one but I submitted both deposit's

socraticmethodman

Bronze
Posts: 315
Joined: Wed Nov 10, 2010 3:35 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2014

Postby socraticmethodman » Tue Jun 07, 2011 5:06 pm

crossingforHYS wrote:
slotwide wrote:Has anyone been able to get a permanent Netbadge password or can we only get that once we have enrolled officially?

I have one but I submitted both deposit's


wtf, I paid both deposits, and I still only have a temp password lol. How did you create a permanent one?

crossingforHYS

Silver
Posts: 702
Joined: Sun Nov 01, 2009 10:23 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2014

Postby crossingforHYS » Tue Jun 07, 2011 5:10 pm

socraticmethodman wrote:
crossingforHYS wrote:
slotwide wrote:Has anyone been able to get a permanent Netbadge password or can we only get that once we have enrolled officially?

I have one but I submitted both deposit's


wtf, I paid both deposits, and I still only have a temp password lol. How did you create a permanent one?


There is a link in the email that they sent that takes you to the changing password page...did you go to that?

If you continue to have issues call IT.

crossingforHYS

Silver
Posts: 702
Joined: Sun Nov 01, 2009 10:23 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2014

Postby crossingforHYS » Tue Jun 07, 2011 5:13 pm

also when you log into lawweb and go to student services under computing it will have a link to change your lawweb password

socraticmethodman

Bronze
Posts: 315
Joined: Wed Nov 10, 2010 3:35 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2014

Postby socraticmethodman » Tue Jun 07, 2011 5:57 pm

crossingforHYS wrote:also when you log into lawweb and go to student services under computing it will have a link to change your lawweb password


hm, I might have to call. I was able to change my lawweb and NT passwords, but I can't create a permanent netbadge password.

User avatar
YCrevolution

Gold
Posts: 3868
Joined: Sat Oct 25, 2008 1:25 am

Re: UVA Class of 2014

Postby YCrevolution » Tue Jun 07, 2011 6:00 pm

..

Heat

Bronze
Posts: 166
Joined: Mon Jun 21, 2010 8:18 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2014

Postby Heat » Tue Jun 07, 2011 6:34 pm

Just occurred to me (While watching NFL network which we can not get at home in NY) that if there is an NFL season I'd really like to participate in a UVA Law fantasy football league. It wouldn't have to be anything too pricey to get in, just enough money to make sure people actually log in every once and awhile (20 bucks?). Would anyone be interested if I started up a Yahoo league?

User avatar
Stringer Bell

Gold
Posts: 2332
Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2009 9:43 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2014

Postby Stringer Bell » Tue Jun 07, 2011 6:38 pm

Heat wrote:Just occurred to me (While watching NFL network which we can not get at home in NY) that if there is an NFL season I'd really like to participate in a UVA Law fantasy football league. It wouldn't have to be anything too pricey to get in, just enough money to make sure people actually log in every once and awhile (20 bucks?). Would anyone be interested if I started up a Yahoo league?


I'd probably be down.

ETA: There might not be football though.

socraticmethodman

Bronze
Posts: 315
Joined: Wed Nov 10, 2010 3:35 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2014

Postby socraticmethodman » Tue Jun 07, 2011 6:39 pm

Stringer Bell wrote:
Heat wrote:Just occurred to me (While watching NFL network which we can not get at home in NY) that if there is an NFL season I'd really like to participate in a UVA Law fantasy football league. It wouldn't have to be anything too pricey to get in, just enough money to make sure people actually log in every once and awhile (20 bucks?). Would anyone be interested if I started up a Yahoo league?


I'd probably be down.

ETA: There might not be football though.


I'd be in

crossingforHYS

Silver
Posts: 702
Joined: Sun Nov 01, 2009 10:23 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2014

Postby crossingforHYS » Tue Jun 07, 2011 6:40 pm

YCrevolution wrote:
socraticmethodman wrote:
crossingforHYS wrote:also when you log into lawweb and go to student services under computing it will have a link to change your lawweb password


hm, I might have to call. I was able to change my lawweb and NT passwords, but I can't create a permanent netbadge password.

I don't think you can do that until you get your ID card on campus.

Sorrry!!! I think I confused the two!!!! soooo many passwords..............

Heat

Bronze
Posts: 166
Joined: Mon Jun 21, 2010 8:18 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2014

Postby Heat » Tue Jun 07, 2011 6:44 pm

Stringer Bell wrote:
Heat wrote:Just occurred to me (While watching NFL network which we can not get at home in NY) that if there is an NFL season I'd really like to participate in a UVA Law fantasy football league. It wouldn't have to be anything too pricey to get in, just enough money to make sure people actually log in every once and awhile (20 bucks?). Would anyone be interested if I started up a Yahoo league?


I'd probably be down.

ETA: There might not be football though.


There will be. Too much money to be lost by BOTH SIDES if games aren't played. Just a question of how long it takes them to get a deal done and whether or not we miss some games. Either way we'll throw something together and if worst comes to worse we'll have to push it back a year or something haha.

I'll work on setting up the league in the next few days and I'll PM people that respond in the topic for emails they want invites sent to. Plausibly I can link the league here as well. Seems unlikely that people on the boards who don't go to UVA Law will ninja invite themselves to our fantasy league. Haha.

User avatar
Doritos

Silver
Posts: 1214
Joined: Tue Nov 24, 2009 8:24 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2014

Postby Doritos » Tue Jun 07, 2011 7:28 pm

TLS UVA law fantasy football was a roaring success last year.

User avatar
Law Sauce

Silver
Posts: 923
Joined: Mon Nov 15, 2010 2:21 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2014

Postby Law Sauce » Wed Jun 08, 2011 9:40 am

slotwide wrote:Has anyone been able to get a permanent Netbadge password or can we only get that once we have enrolled officially?


I dont think we have gotten this yet

turkeysub

New
Posts: 100
Joined: Fri Sep 10, 2010 9:48 am

Re: UVA Class of 2014

Postby turkeysub » Wed Jun 08, 2011 11:36 am

I'm down for poker/fantasy football

User avatar
sundance95

Gold
Posts: 2123
Joined: Wed Jun 09, 2010 7:44 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2014

Postby sundance95 » Wed Jun 08, 2011 8:43 pm

turkeysub wrote:I'm down for poker/fantasy football



Return to “TLS Class of 2014 Forum?

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest