UVA Class of 2014

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2014)
uvahooo

Re: UVA Class of 2014

Postby uvahooo » Mon May 30, 2011 1:01 pm

joeshmo39 wrote:
uvahooo wrote:Doritos, if you are drinking now... perhaps you need to go to an AA meeting.
I need to go to an AA meeting. law school=made me a raging drinker. Wooooooooooooo law skooooool.

Ever wonder how many beers is too many when you have to: first go to a siblings prom pictures and then return to a family reunion? Answer is, if you haven't hit double digits, you're definitely fine.

Actually FYI i was just kidding. Now that I think of it... I shouldn't have made that comment! But, in all seriousness, my drinking has gone UP compared to drinking a glass of wine once a month when I was working :)

gladiator

Postby gladiator » Mon May 30, 2011 7:07 pm

UVA Sports awesomeness update for future Hoos:
-Top 20 recruiting class in football
-Finished 2nd nationally in tennis
-Just picked up a 5 star recruit in basketball
-Won the ACC Championship yesterday and got the #1 overall seed today in baseball
-Won the National Championship today in lacrosse

esq

Postby esq » Mon May 30, 2011 9:35 pm

Awesome, can't wait for football season. Incidentally, are tickets relatively easy (and by this I mean cheap) to get?

gladiator

Postby gladiator » Tue May 31, 2011 12:17 am

esq wrote:Awesome, can't wait for football season. Incidentally, are tickets relatively easy (and by this I mean cheap) to get?

All regular season tickets are free. All sports except basketball (lottery system where demand rarely exceeds supply), you just walk up to the student gate and show your student ID to get in.

esq

Postby esq » Tue May 31, 2011 12:26 am

gladiator wrote:
esq wrote:Awesome, can't wait for football season. Incidentally, are tickets relatively easy (and by this I mean cheap) to get?

All regular season tickets are free. All sports except basketball (lottery system where demand rarely exceeds supply), you just walk up to the student gate and show your student ID to get in.

Officially stoked! And are guest tickets reasonable too - looks like I have to get a UVA ID before I can log into Shots and check it out?

socraticmethodman

Postby socraticmethodman » Tue May 31, 2011 5:25 pm

Hey all,

Anyone play poker? If so, maybe we can set up some games? Nothing crazy lol, maybe 5-10 dollar buy-ins?

YCrevolution

Postby YCrevolution » Tue May 31, 2011 11:53 pm

esq

Postby esq » Wed Jun 01, 2011 11:43 am

YCrevolution wrote:For basketball, yes. The lottery assigns a zone/group/time that you can enter the stadium.

Very few basketball games are in a full-capacity situation. During winter break in 09-10, after the first big snowstorm, I got the first zone/group (and a first row seat) with only 2 lottery points (default point + 1 Hoo Crew game attendance point).

Didn't realize BBall was so big at UVA. Coming out of San Diego, it's gotta be sweet 16 or bust for the Hoos to make me happy this season :P I was always in the nosebleeds for SDSU games. It was great, but I gotta say that front row would be mind blowing. Really cool of them to just give them to you.

So if I wanted to bring the wifey along with me they give that ticket up for free too huh? And it's the lottery system that will figure out if I can get extra group tickets for BBall? Interesting.

Law Sauce

Postby Law Sauce » Wed Jun 01, 2011 11:59 am

socraticmethodman wrote:Hey all,

Anyone play poker? If so, maybe we can set up some games? Nothing crazy lol, maybe 5-10 dollar buy-ins?

Yea Id be in every once in a while

Law Sauce

Postby Law Sauce » Wed Jun 01, 2011 12:01 pm

esq wrote:So if I wanted to bring the wifey along with me they give that ticket up for free too huh?

Exactly my plan. :mrgreen:

Stringer Bell

Postby Stringer Bell » Wed Jun 01, 2011 12:53 pm

YCrevolution wrote:For basketball, yes. The lottery assigns a zone/group/time that you can enter the stadium.

Students can only enter the arena at specified times?

gladiator

Postby gladiator » Wed Jun 01, 2011 1:46 pm

esq wrote:

Very few basketball games are in a full-capacity situation. During winter break in 09-10, after the first big snowstorm, I got the first zone/group (and a first row seat) with only 2 lottery points (default point + 1 Hoo Crew game attendance point).

Didn't realize BBall was so big at UVA. Coming out of San Diego, it's gotta be sweet 16 or bust for the Hoos to make me happy this season :P I was always in the nosebleeds for SDSU games. It was great, but I gotta say that front row would be mind blowing. Really cool of them to just give them to you.

So if I wanted to bring the wifey along with me they give that ticket up for free too huh? And it's the lottery system that will figure out if I can get extra group tickets for BBall? Interesting.

I don't think guest tickets are free and are only available if there are extra tickets available. I think they might have a special program for spouses of students but you'd have to investigate that.

Entry times are determined essentially by how many games you've attended previously. You get points for attending games and people with more points enter earlier. When you get your ticket, you're assigned to a group. Group 1 is allowed enter 90 minutes before the game and a new group is allowed in every 5 minutes after that until Group 10 at 45 minutes before the game. That does not mean you must enter at that time, it just means that that's the earliest you can enter as a way of rewarding devoted fans with better seats. Even the upper bowl seats are pretty good so as long as you have a ticket, you get a decent view. Note: this only applies to basketball games. All other sports you just walk in whenever with your student ID.

esq

Postby esq » Wed Jun 01, 2011 2:16 pm

gladiator wrote:
esq wrote:

I don't think guest tickets are free and are only available if there are extra tickets available. I think they might have a special program for spouses of students but you'd have to investigate that.

Entry times are determined essentially by how many games you've attended previously. You get points for attending games and people with more points enter earlier. When you get your ticket, you're assigned to a group. Group 1 is allowed enter 90 minutes before the game and a new group is allowed in every 5 minutes after that until Group 10 at 45 minutes before the game. That does not mean you must enter at that time, it just means that that's the earliest you can enter as a way of rewarding devoted fans with better seats. Even the upper bowl seats are pretty good so as long as you have a ticket, you get a decent view. Note: this only applies to basketball games. All other sports you just walk in whenever with your student ID.

Just wanted you all to know that you've given me some hope that I will see more than just then inside of the library as a poor law student this fall. Seriously.

gladiator

Postby gladiator » Wed Jun 01, 2011 4:27 pm

UVA Law is a fun place to be outside of mid-November to mid-December and mid-April to mid-May (and all time spent on LRW). If you're in the library all the time, you're overworking and underrelaxing.

616rewind

Postby 616rewind » Wed Jun 01, 2011 5:59 pm

Law Sauce wrote:

I'd be down

uva2014

Postby uva2014 » Wed Jun 01, 2011 8:38 pm

616rewind wrote:
Law Sauce wrote:

I'd be down

Me too.

Heat

Postby Heat » Thu Jun 02, 2011 2:47 am

uva2014 wrote:
616rewind wrote:
Law Sauce wrote:

I'd be down

Me too.

Me three.

Law Sauce

Postby Law Sauce » Thu Jun 02, 2011 8:44 am

616rewind wrote:
Law Sauce wrote:

I'd be down

616 as in Michigan area code?

Law Sauce

Postby Law Sauce » Thu Jun 02, 2011 1:32 pm

Does anyone know how or when you get a Law Web ID so that I can log in to the career services blog?

YCrevolution

Postby YCrevolution » Thu Jun 02, 2011 10:28 pm

crossingforHYS

Postby crossingforHYS » Fri Jun 03, 2011 1:08 pm

Law Sauce wrote:Does anyone know how or when you get a Law Web ID so that I can log in to the career services blog?

The IT website that tells you how to set up an email also says that you get a lawweb id in mid June they email it to your virginia.edu email so make sure to watch that.
Hopefully that helps! I have been wanting one too....

Law Sauce

Postby Law Sauce » Fri Jun 03, 2011 1:12 pm

crossingforHYS wrote:
Law Sauce wrote:Does anyone know how or when you get a Law Web ID so that I can log in to the career services blog?

The IT website that tells you how to set up an email also says that you get a lawweb id in mid June they email it to your virginia.edu email so make sure to watch that.
Hopefully that helps! I have been wanting one too....

O ok sweet thanks

swinger

Postby swinger » Mon Jun 06, 2011 8:52 am

Gladiator just died a little bit inside.

swinger

Postby swinger » Mon Jun 06, 2011 8:54 am

esq wrote:
gladiator wrote:
esq wrote:

Just wanted you all to know that you've given me some hope that I will see more than just then inside of the library as a poor law student this fall. Seriously.

Agree with Gladiator's response to this. Most people at this school understand the importance of mental (and physical) health. There is plenty to do during the semester and there are always more than enough law students looking for fun things to do when they finish their work. Even during exams you will find people a lot more relaxed than expected (at least that was my experience, which just hammered home the fact that I made the right choice in schools)

dgouzoul

Postby dgouzoul » Mon Jun 06, 2011 10:04 am

Gladiator- he insists you are Hector reborn. Or was it Hercules? Why doesn't the hero reveal himself and tell us all your real name. You do have a name?
--ImageRemoved--

Return to “TLS Class of 2014 Forum”