UVA Class of 2014

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2014)
c_dubya_s
Posts: 557
Joined: Tue Nov 02, 2010 11:58 am

Re: UVA Class of 2014

Postby c_dubya_s » Wed Apr 13, 2011 3:32 pm

yngblkgifted wrote:
Law Sauce wrote:I am now nearly positive that I will be attending this fall...


+1


Leaning that way, but Penn is making the decision tough.

User avatar
Law Sauce
Posts: 923
Joined: Mon Nov 15, 2010 2:21 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2014

Postby Law Sauce » Wed Apr 13, 2011 3:45 pm

icouldbuyu wrote:
Law Sauce wrote:I am now nearly positive that I will be attending this fall...


What happened to Cornell? I thought you were in love with Cornell?


haha no I was never in love with Cornell, I always kind of wanted to go to UVa but I thought I couldnt afford it, which I cant. That was why I was leaning toward Cornell, but after thinking a lot about what I want/talking to some lawyers/ and visiting Ithaca with my SO, I am now thinking UVA is worth the extra 30-40k.

User avatar
icouldbuyu
Posts: 254
Joined: Sun Oct 24, 2010 3:52 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2014

Postby icouldbuyu » Wed Apr 13, 2011 3:48 pm

Law Sauce wrote:
icouldbuyu wrote:
Law Sauce wrote:I am now nearly positive that I will be attending this fall...


What happened to Cornell? I thought you were in love with Cornell?


haha no I was never in love with Cornell, I always kind of wanted to go to UVa but I thought I couldnt afford it, which I cant. That was why I was leaning toward Cornell, but after thinking a lot about what I want/talking to some lawyers/ and visiting Ithaca with my SO, I am now thinking UVA is worth the extra 30-40k.


Congrats!!! See you in Charlottesville!!!

User avatar
Law Sauce
Posts: 923
Joined: Mon Nov 15, 2010 2:21 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2014

Postby Law Sauce » Wed Apr 13, 2011 3:52 pm

icouldbuyu wrote:
Law Sauce wrote:
icouldbuyu wrote:
Law Sauce wrote:I am now nearly positive that I will be attending this fall...


What happened to Cornell? I thought you were in love with Cornell?


haha no I was never in love with Cornell, I always kind of wanted to go to UVa but I thought I couldnt afford it, which I cant. That was why I was leaning toward Cornell, but after thinking a lot about what I want/talking to some lawyers/ and visiting Ithaca with my SO, I am now thinking UVA is worth the extra 30-40k.


Congrats!!! See you in Charlottesville!!!


Yea, for sure!

User avatar
Law Sauce
Posts: 923
Joined: Mon Nov 15, 2010 2:21 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2014

Postby Law Sauce » Wed Apr 13, 2011 3:55 pm

c_dubya_s wrote:
yngblkgifted wrote:
Law Sauce wrote:I am now nearly positive that I will be attending this fall...


+1


Leaning that way, but Penn is making the decision tough.


Well you seem pretty smart, so you should either...
a) go to Penn
b) be my study partner and help me out

User avatar
holeinone600
Posts: 46
Joined: Fri Feb 27, 2009 1:34 am

Re: UVA Class of 2014

Postby holeinone600 » Thu Apr 14, 2011 10:27 pm

Cavalier wrote:
kelc213 wrote:Just set up my @virginia.edu email address... is there any way to have it be myname@virginia.edu not my initials and then a random sequence?

It's possible, took me a while to figure out how though, and now I don't remember. Start here: http://itc.virginia.edu/email/ams/aliases.html


Thanks for the pointer...but when I try to change my UVa email from that preset random letter/number combo to something more traditional, the system says I must also change the "domain" (aka "@xyz.edu") to @email.virginia.edu. Is there any way to have it keep the "@virginia.edu" domain instead of "@email.virginia.edu"? Thanks

User avatar
esq
Posts: 571
Joined: Tue Jul 13, 2010 9:59 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2014

Postby esq » Fri Apr 15, 2011 1:16 am

holeinone600 wrote:
Cavalier wrote:
kelc213 wrote:Just set up my @virginia.edu email address... is there any way to have it be myname@virginia.edu not my initials and then a random sequence?

It's possible, took me a while to figure out how though, and now I don't remember. Start here: http://itc.virginia.edu/email/ams/aliases.html


Thanks for the pointer...but when I try to change my UVa email from that preset random letter/number combo to something more traditional, the system says I must also change the "domain" (aka "@xyz.edu") to @email.virginia.edu. Is there any way to have it keep the "@virginia.edu" domain instead of "@email.virginia.edu"? Thanks

It should give you a choice between the two. It doesn't for you?

User avatar
YCrevolution
Posts: 4714
Joined: Sat Oct 25, 2008 1:25 am

Re: UVA Class of 2014

Postby YCrevolution » Sat Apr 16, 2011 7:25 pm

..

User avatar
esq
Posts: 571
Joined: Tue Jul 13, 2010 9:59 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2014

Postby esq » Sun Apr 17, 2011 1:08 am

YCrevolution wrote:Some people in the past have reported that it won't let you choose... and then 6-9 months later, it will. I couldn't choose initially, but I'm unsure whether the passage of time or the fact that I'm on the university's payroll let met add multiple alias@virginia.edu.

So its simple. HoleinOne just needs to get on the payroll, problem solved. You're always there with the answer YCrev. :D

User avatar
slax
Posts: 326
Joined: Tue May 11, 2010 2:01 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2014

Postby slax » Sun Apr 17, 2011 6:04 pm

Just deposited. So excited! See you all in the fall!

FiveSermon
Posts: 1507
Joined: Tue Dec 14, 2010 6:56 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2014

Postby FiveSermon » Sun Apr 17, 2011 6:12 pm

Holy shit so many posts here. 84 pages already!?!? Most other "xxx class of 2014" aren't even 10 pages.

User avatar
Cavalier
Posts: 1994
Joined: Mon Apr 13, 2009 6:13 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2014

Postby Cavalier » Sun Apr 17, 2011 6:16 pm

FiveSermon wrote:Holy shit so many posts here. 84 pages already!?!? Most other "xxx class of 2014" aren't even 10 pages.

Wow, this is almost tied with the Class of 2012 thread on April 17, 2009.

User avatar
yngblkgifted
Posts: 1049
Joined: Sun Apr 25, 2010 8:57 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2014

Postby yngblkgifted » Sun Apr 17, 2011 8:02 pm

Cavalier wrote:
FiveSermon wrote:Holy shit so many posts here. 84 pages already!?!? Most other "xxx class of 2014" aren't even 10 pages.

Wow, this is almost tied with the Class of 2012 thread on April 17, 2009.



Dude, it was to be expected. Those other schools are nowhere near as cool as we are!
Last edited by yngblkgifted on Wed Apr 20, 2011 11:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Stringer Bell
Posts: 1924
Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2009 9:43 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2014

Postby Stringer Bell » Sun Apr 17, 2011 10:03 pm

FiveSermon wrote:Holy shit so many posts here. 84 pages already!?!? Most other "xxx class of 2014" aren't even 10 pages.


We've left almost everyone in the dust, but we're getting pwned by Chicago.

005618502
Posts: 2577
Joined: Thu May 06, 2010 10:56 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2014

Postby 005618502 » Sun Apr 17, 2011 10:57 pm

Stringer Bell wrote:
FiveSermon wrote:Holy shit so many posts here. 84 pages already!?!? Most other "xxx class of 2014" aren't even 10 pages.


We've left almost everyone in the dust, but we're getting pwned by Chicago.


So what Chicago is borrrrrrring

yale2011
Posts: 88
Joined: Sun Dec 12, 2010 6:52 am

Re: UVA Class of 2014

Postby yale2011 » Mon Apr 18, 2011 3:07 am

.
Last edited by yale2011 on Tue Jul 10, 2012 2:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
esq
Posts: 571
Joined: Tue Jul 13, 2010 9:59 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2014

Postby esq » Mon Apr 18, 2011 3:23 am

yale2011 wrote:Tuition for 2011-2012:

1Ls
44900 (in) / 49900 (out)

2Ls/3Ls
42500 (in) / 47500 (out)

Where'd you find this information? - I assume you're talking about UVA tuition here.

t-ender
Posts: 24
Joined: Mon Nov 08, 2010 11:26 am

Re: UVA Class of 2014

Postby t-ender » Mon Apr 18, 2011 9:29 am

esq wrote:
yale2011 wrote:Tuition for 2011-2012:

1Ls
44900 (in) / 49900 (out)

2Ls/3Ls
42500 (in) / 47500 (out)

Where'd you find this information? - I assume you're talking about UVA tuition here.



http://www.virginia.edu/uvatoday/newsRe ... p?id=14775

J.D. students entering in fall 2011, students who entered in fall 2010, and L.L.M. students: in-state students will see an increase of $2,100 (4.9 percent) to $44,600; out-of-state students will see an increase of $2,100 (4.4 percent) to $49,600.

Law's J.D. students who entered in fall 2009: in-state will see increase of $2,000 (4.9 percent) to $42,500; out-of-state: increase of $2,000 (4.4 percent) to $47,500.

yale2011
Posts: 88
Joined: Sun Dec 12, 2010 6:52 am

Re: UVA Class of 2014

Postby yale2011 » Mon Apr 18, 2011 9:56 am

.
Last edited by yale2011 on Tue Jul 10, 2012 2:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Stringer Bell
Posts: 1924
Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2009 9:43 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2014

Postby Stringer Bell » Tue Apr 19, 2011 1:17 pm

It's funny how that article brags that tuition increases by only single digit percentages every year when that is wayyyyy outpacing the rate of inflation.

Don't hate the playa though, hate the game.

User avatar
suspicious android
Posts: 938
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 4:54 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2014

Postby suspicious android » Tue Apr 19, 2011 1:35 pm

Stringer Bell wrote:Don't hate the playa though, hate the game.


What about when the playa is complicit in setting the rules of the game? Is it permissible to hate both playa and game in such a situation?

User avatar
plenipotentiary
Posts: 616
Joined: Fri Sep 17, 2010 11:13 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2014

Postby plenipotentiary » Wed Apr 20, 2011 11:07 am

Stringer Bell wrote:
FiveSermon wrote:Holy shit so many posts here. 84 pages already!?!? Most other "xxx class of 2014" aren't even 10 pages.


We've left almost everyone in the dust, but we're getting pwned by Chicago.


This is especially notable because Chicago's class size is so much smaller than ours. We need to step it up!

User avatar
Law Sauce
Posts: 923
Joined: Mon Nov 15, 2010 2:21 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2014

Postby Law Sauce » Wed Apr 20, 2011 3:23 pm

Anyone have any insights from housing searches they would like to share. Just recently decided on UVa so I may be a little late in the game. Will be married, looking for cheapish/nicish apartment complex close to stuff (either school or things to do). Any ideas?

Edit: I know I already posted in the 2L thread, but I didnt get a lot of responses yet. Also Im doing my part to help us beat chicago ;)

zephyr36
Posts: 165
Joined: Tue Jun 02, 2009 4:49 am

Re: UVA Class of 2014

Postby zephyr36 » Wed Apr 20, 2011 3:31 pm

Law Sauce wrote:Anyone have any insights from housing searches they would like to share. Just recently decided on UVa so I may be a little late in the game. Will be married, looking for cheapish/nicish apartment complex close to stuff (either school or things to do). Any ideas?

Edit: I know I already posted in the 2L thread, but I didnt get a lot of responses yet. Also Im doing my part to help us beat chicago ;)


I'm interested in this as well. I may defer depending on if a certain opportunity comes through at the beginning of next month, but at this point I'm assuming that I will be at UVA next fall. I'm guessing that the standard complexes (Ivy, Jefferson, etc.) by the law school are already pretty full?

User avatar
YCrevolution
Posts: 4714
Joined: Sat Oct 25, 2008 1:25 am

Re: UVA Class of 2014

Postby YCrevolution » Thu Apr 21, 2011 1:38 am

..




Return to “TLS Class of 2014 Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest