UVA Class of 2014

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2014)
paulinaporizkova

Re: UVA Class of 2014

Postby paulinaporizkova » Mon Mar 14, 2011 5:37 pm

esq wrote:
joemoviebuff wrote:Just got my email from the Jeffersonian. It's all happening....

What was your WL #?

by the looks of his profile, i'd guess #1. :mrgreen:

joemoviebuff

Postby joemoviebuff » Mon Mar 14, 2011 5:48 pm

paulinaporizkova wrote:
esq wrote:
joemoviebuff wrote:Just got my email from the Jeffersonian. It's all happening....

What was your WL #?

Close. I'm number 8. Submitted 5 seconds after they started accepting apps.

esq

Postby esq » Mon Mar 14, 2011 5:51 pm

joemoviebuff wrote:
paulinaporizkova wrote:
esq wrote:

What was your WL #?

Nice going. Congrats. So do you just sign the lease now, or is it more complicated than that?

joemoviebuff

Postby joemoviebuff » Mon Mar 14, 2011 5:57 pm

esq wrote:
joemoviebuff wrote:

Nice going. Congrats. So do you just sign the lease now, or is it more complicated than that?

I just barely got my first email letting me know what was available for what I requested. I emailed back trying to get her to let me start my lease on August 1st instead June or July 1st, which is when the 2 two-bedroom furnished apartments she has are available . We'll see what she says. I would expect that I'd be signing a lease sooner rather than later though, definitely this month I'd say.

esq

Postby esq » Mon Mar 14, 2011 6:02 pm

joemoviebuff wrote:I just barely got my first email letting me know what was available for what I requested. I emailed back trying to get her to let me start my lease on August 1st instead June or July 1st, which is when the 2 two-bedroom furnished apartments she has are available . We'll see what she says. I would expect that I'd be signing a lease sooner rather than later though, definitely this month I'd say.

That's fantastic. And hey, if you can only get her to push back to July 1st, you've still secured yourself a great apartment - not to mention some serious peace of mind.

joemoviebuff

Postby joemoviebuff » Mon Mar 14, 2011 6:56 pm

Well that was easy. Looks like I'm all set for a 2 bedroom unfurnished starting the lease on August 5th. Would've been nice to have the furnished, but the start date was more important to me. Apparently it's just been remodeled, and she says it's her favorite one in the complex (though of course she just might be saying that). Either way, I'm pretty pumped.

Also, I'm still looking for roommates if any y'all are interested.

esq

Postby esq » Mon Mar 14, 2011 7:06 pm

joemoviebuff wrote:Well that was easy. Looks like I'm all set for a 2 bedroom unfurnished starting the lease on August 5th. Would've been nice to have the furnished, but the start date was more important to me. Apparently it's just been remodeled, and she says it's her favorite one in the complex (though of course she just might be saying that). Either way, I'm pretty pumped.

Sounds like you are going to need to do some Craigslisting when you get out there. Also, you should post this on the UVA fb page if you haven't yet, seems that there are quite a few people looking for roommates through that.

Stringer Bell

Postby Stringer Bell » Mon Mar 14, 2011 7:29 pm

joemoviebuff wrote:Well that was easy. Looks like I'm all set for a 2 bedroom unfurnished starting the lease on August 5th. Would've been nice to have the furnished, but the start date was more important to me. Apparently it's just been remodeled, and she says it's her favorite one in the complex (though of course she just might be saying that). Either way, I'm pretty pumped.

Nice score. I'm a little jealous since that would have been perfect, but I have myself to blame for not checking with her regarding 12:00 vs. 12:01. I should be up in a few spots. Hopefully there are some good options still available.

flyingpanda

Postby flyingpanda » Tue Mar 15, 2011 4:48 am

Hello admitted students and congrats on making it to UVA. I have extremely important news to anyone who is attending ASW this weekend.

The 1L drunk league softball team is taking on the libel show on Thursday. Any admitted student is welcome to come out and play for the 1L team. I don't know how familiar you all are with the awesomeness of drunk league, but here's how it works:

Batting:
Once you hit the ball, you grab a beer at 1st base. You must finish your beer before crossing home plate.

Fielding:
Everyone in the field must have a beer in hand and you can only drop it once the batter has made contact with the ball.

Third inning is dizzybat.

If you come out, please say hi. I may or may not be wearing an easily identifiable article of clothing. That is all.

icouldbuyu

Postby icouldbuyu » Tue Mar 15, 2011 6:20 am

flyingpanda wrote:Hello admitted students and congrats on making it to UVA. I have extremely important news to anyone who is attending ASW this weekend.

The 1L drunk league softball team is taking on the libel show on Thursday. Any admitted student is welcome to come out and play for the 1L team. I don't know how familiar you all are with the awesomeness of drunk league, but here's how it works:

Batting:
Once you hit the ball, you grab a beer at 1st base. You must finish your beer before crossing home plate.

Fielding:
Everyone in the field must have a beer in hand and you can only drop it once the batter has made contact with the ball.

If you come out, please say hi. I may or may not be wearing an easily identifiable article of clothing. That is all.

Wow that sounds great. Where do you guys play? I hope to be in Charlottesville by early Thursday.

paulinaporizkova

Postby paulinaporizkova » Tue Mar 15, 2011 9:51 am

flyingpanda wrote:Hello admitted students and congrats on making it to UVA. I have extremely important news to anyone who is attending ASW this weekend.

Batting:

Fielding:

oh boy

also, i'll be in cville tomorrow night so i might go! what time though?

arism87

Postby arism87 » Tue Mar 15, 2011 10:04 am

Batting:

Fielding:

I don't feel good about my softball skills but I'm great at running and drinking... pinch runner/drinker, ftw? :D jk, but looking forward to it

616rewind

Postby 616rewind » Tue Mar 15, 2011 10:08 am

Batting:

Fielding:

when
Last edited by 616rewind on Tue May 29, 2012 11:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

flyingpanda

Postby flyingpanda » Tue Mar 15, 2011 10:09 am

616rewind wrote:

Batting:

Fielding:

when dude

TBD, either 3:45 or 5:00. I'll get back to you

paulinaporizkova

Postby paulinaporizkova » Tue Mar 15, 2011 12:13 pm

flyingpanda wrote:
616rewind wrote:

Batting:

Fielding:

when dude

TBD, either 3:45 or 5:00. I'll get back to you

3:45 hopefully. we have a bunch of stuff starting that night but i'd love to go earlier!

suspicious android

Postby suspicious android » Tue Mar 15, 2011 12:14 pm

Financial aid awards are out.. no second round $$$ for me.:( Anyone else do better?

sundance95

Postby sundance95 » Tue Mar 15, 2011 12:50 pm

suspicious android wrote:Financial aid awards are out.. no second round $$$ for me.:( Anyone else do better?

No. :?

ksimon2007

Postby ksimon2007 » Tue Mar 15, 2011 12:55 pm

sundance95 wrote:
suspicious android wrote:Financial aid awards are out.. no second round $$$ for me.:( Anyone else do better?

I plan on visiting ASW, but boy looking at that aid package has scared the heck out of me.

suspicious android

Postby suspicious android » Tue Mar 15, 2011 1:06 pm

ksimon2007 wrote:I plan on visiting ASW, but boy looking at that aid package has scared the heck out of me.

Yeah, when I saw the $70k package I had one of my occasional "oh my God law school is a scam what the hell are you thinking" moments. We'll see if it passes.

esq

Postby esq » Tue Mar 15, 2011 1:08 pm

ksimon2007 wrote:
sundance95 wrote:

I plan on visiting ASW, but boy looking at that aid package has scared the heck out of me.

+1

r6_philly

Postby r6_philly » Tue Mar 15, 2011 1:20 pm

Does everyone have a $70k budget? If so then tuition went up? I will need to ask them to bump my budget for family expenses then.

Wow over $125k in loans even with a large scholarship. slightly scared for a brief moment.

sundance95

Postby sundance95 » Tue Mar 15, 2011 1:28 pm

I don't have a 70k total budget. Just over 65.

suspicious android

Postby suspicious android » Tue Mar 15, 2011 1:29 pm

Last edited by suspicious android on Tue Mar 15, 2011 1:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

thelaststraw05

Postby thelaststraw05 » Tue Mar 15, 2011 1:30 pm

sundance95 wrote:I don't have a 70k total budget. Just over 65.

Or are you in-state?

sundance95

Postby sundance95 » Tue Mar 15, 2011 1:31 pm

thelaststraw05 wrote:
sundance95 wrote:I don't have a 70k total budget. Just over 65.

Or are you in-state?

Yeah, that's why. Thanks.

Return to “TLS Class of 2014 Forum”