UVA Class of 2014

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2014)
paulinaporizkova

Re: UVA Class of 2014

Postby paulinaporizkova » Sun Feb 06, 2011 10:41 pm

arism87 wrote:
YCrevolution wrote:Feb Club 2011 Calendar: http://www.lawweekly.org/pdf_archives/20110128.pdf#p=8

Seee, this isn't even fair. I'm trying to find reasons to move on and go somewhere else, but I really don't think anyone can compete with this....

Ari, I saw your Feb Club post in the Michigan 2014 thread. Good work. Any responses?

paulinaporizkova

Postby paulinaporizkova » Sun Feb 06, 2011 10:43 pm

r6_philly wrote:It's my bday month. How awesome!

happy bdaaaay mooonnnnth!!

r6_philly

Postby r6_philly » Sun Feb 06, 2011 10:44 pm

paulinaporizkova wrote:
r6_philly wrote:It's my bday month. How awesome!

happy bdaaaay mooonnnnth!!

arism87

Postby arism87 » Sun Feb 06, 2011 11:37 pm

paulinaporizkova wrote:
arism87 wrote:
YCrevolution wrote:Feb Club 2011 Calendar: http://www.lawweekly.org/pdf_archives/20110128.pdf#p=8

Seee, this isn't even fair. I'm trying to find reasons to move on and go somewhere else, but I really don't think anyone can compete with this....

Ari, I saw your Feb Club post in the Michigan 2014 thread. Good work. Any responses?

Nope.. if I see current students answering Qs I'll ask again, otherwise I'll assume that means they got nothin.. :(

jawsthegreat

Postby jawsthegreat » Sun Feb 06, 2011 11:51 pm

I promise whatever you are imagining about Feb Club, multiply that by about 10. The three parties this past Thursday-Saturday all rank in the top 5 of most epic parties i have ever attended.

r6_philly

Postby r6_philly » Sun Feb 06, 2011 11:52 pm

jawsthegreat wrote:I promise whatever you are imagining about Feb Club, multiply that by about 10. The three parties this past Thursday-Saturday all rank in the top 5 of most epic parties i have ever attended.

The glorification of parties concerns me slightly.

YCrevolution

Postby YCrevolution » Sun Feb 06, 2011 11:53 pm

arism87

Postby arism87 » Sun Feb 06, 2011 11:53 pm

r6_philly wrote:
jawsthegreat wrote:I promise whatever you are imagining about Feb Club, multiply that by about 10. The three parties this past Thursday-Saturday all rank in the top 5 of most epic parties i have ever attended.

The glorification of parties concerns me slightly.

The fact that you're concerned concerns me :D lol

r6_philly

Postby r6_philly » Sun Feb 06, 2011 11:55 pm

arism87 wrote:The fact that you're concerned concerns me :D lol

TLS suggest to everyone who breathes that he/she needs to spend every waking moment studying.

arism87

Postby arism87 » Sun Feb 06, 2011 11:57 pm

r6_philly wrote:

TLS suggest to everyone who breathes that he/she needs to spend every waking moment studying.

If they get away with it at UVA that means either: they are good at studying AND partying, OR they can't and party anyway (leaving me in a good place to do well compared to the rest of my class)

Win-win!

r6_philly

Postby r6_philly » Mon Feb 07, 2011 12:04 am

arism87 wrote:
If they get away with it at UVA that means either: they are good at studying AND partying, OR they can't and party anyway (leaving me in a good place to do well compared to the rest of my class)

Win-win!

Good point. Now are you good at studying and partying?

paulinaporizkova

Postby paulinaporizkova » Mon Feb 07, 2011 12:04 am

arism87 wrote:
r6_philly wrote:

Win-win!

i completely agree with this.

arism87

Postby arism87 » Mon Feb 07, 2011 12:06 am

r6_philly wrote:
arism87 wrote:

Win-win!

Good point. Now are you good at studying and partying?

Lol indeed I am. Then again, I got four years of training :)

Although if it turns out I need to kick it up a few gears for law school as I expect I will, I am quite ok with cutting the partying. I went out about 5 nights a week in undergrad, but now that I work full-time I rarely go out. Don't wanna come across like I have to be partying, I'm happy either way.. but if I can do both..

r6_philly

Postby r6_philly » Mon Feb 07, 2011 12:13 am

arism87 wrote:
Lol indeed I am. Then again, I got four years of training :)

Although if it turns out I need to kick it up a few gears for law school as I expect I will, I am quite ok with cutting the partying. I went out about 5 nights a week in undergrad, but now that I work full-time I rarely go out. Don't wanna come across like I have to be partying, I'm happy either way.. but if I can do both..

I work almost full-time and go to grad school full time (and have a family as well), so I can only squeeze in a happy hour here and there. Law school is going to give me more free time than now, and I am slightly concerned a too active social scene may be too tempting. Although, I should have confident in my self-control. So just slightly concerned. :)

snichols16

Postby snichols16 » Mon Feb 07, 2011 12:19 am

arism87 wrote:
r6_philly wrote:

Win-win!

This is an interesting point. All of my time at UVA was pre-recession, when all you needed to do was graduate from UVA and you had a job with whatever firm you wanted. So people just drank the entire month and only went to class when they were on call. I wonder how much it has changed since people need to try now.

arism87

Postby arism87 » Mon Feb 07, 2011 12:27 am

snichols16 wrote:
arism87 wrote:
r6_philly wrote:

Win-win!

This is an interesting point. All of my time at UVA was pre-recession, when all you needed to do was graduate from UVA and you had a job with whatever firm you wanted. So people just drank the entire month and only went to class when they were on call. I wonder how much it has changed since people need to try now.

Good point.. I can't really speak to this as that I'm not in law school yet, but I do know that there was always a healthy number of law students out at bars (well, one in particular, which is why I went there.. but alas, it closed :( ) pretty much every night when I was a 4th year- mid-recession.

gladiator

Postby gladiator » Mon Feb 07, 2011 1:00 am

Keep in mind that Feb Club is targeted more for 2Ls and 3Ls, many of which have jobs that won't care about their grades as long as they're not horrendous. It's also in February which is far away from finals and if you attend a top 10 law school you're probably smart enough to manage your time to get your reading done and still be able to attend parties. If you can't afford to go to some parties in February, you're not studying efficiently.

r6_philly

Postby r6_philly » Mon Feb 07, 2011 1:01 am

gladiator wrote:Keep in mind that Feb Club is targeted more for 2Ls and 3Ls, many of which have jobs that won't care about their grades as long as they're not horrendous. It's also in February which is far away from finals and if you attend a top 10 law school you're probably smart enough to manage your time to get your reading done and still be able to attend parties. If you can't afford to go to some parties in February, you're not studying efficiently.

You need to post more in the other threads. :D

kelc213

Postby kelc213 » Mon Feb 07, 2011 9:40 am

I want to go to there.

luckyme

Postby luckyme » Mon Feb 07, 2011 2:16 pm

so feb. club is just a month of epic ragers?

gladiator

Postby gladiator » Mon Feb 07, 2011 2:21 pm

r6_philly wrote:
gladiator wrote:Keep in mind that Feb Club is targeted more for 2Ls and 3Ls, many of which have jobs that won't care about their grades as long as they're not horrendous. It's also in February which is far away from finals and if you attend a top 10 law school you're probably smart enough to manage your time to get your reading done and still be able to attend parties. If you can't afford to go to some parties in February, you're not studying efficiently.

You need to post more in the other threads. :D

What other threads?

jawsthegreat

Postby jawsthegreat » Mon Feb 07, 2011 5:51 pm

luckyme wrote:so feb. club is just a month of epic ragers?

essentially

billyez

Postby billyez » Mon Feb 07, 2011 10:26 pm

Besides the weirdness which was Caligula, I'd agree that it's worth it to attend at least a couple of Feb Club parties. However, in one of the rare instances in which I would disagree with jawsthegreat, I will have to say that Feb Club is...a tad overrated. Fun? Yes. Epic? Meh...we'll have to see the rest of the month first.

Also, I'm going to state again for the record how awesome the Public Service Center folks are here. I'm more than just a little sure that I've already posted something to this effect before and it's odd that I'm talking like this when, you know, I'm still looking for an internship. But I'll post it again, because it's true and I happen to be riding one of my public service highs right now. Some of you 2014er's better use these folks to the utmost...just, don't forget about your scheduled interviews...

joemoviebuff

Postby joemoviebuff » Mon Feb 07, 2011 10:34 pm

billyez wrote:Besides the weirdness which was Caligula, I'd agree that it's worth it to attend at least a couple of Feb Club parties. However, in one of the rare instances in which I would disagree with jawsthegreat, I will have to say that Feb Club is...a tad overrated. Fun? Yes. Epic? Meh...we'll have to see the rest of the month first.

Also, I'm going to state again for the record how awesome the Public Service Center folks are here. I'm more than just a little sure that I've already posted something to this effect before and it's odd that I'm talking like this when, you know, I'm still looking for an internship. But I'll post it again, because it's true and I happen to be riding one of my public service highs right now. Some of you 2014er's better use these folks to the utmost...just, don't forget about your scheduled interviews...

Care to elaborate a bit on why they're so awesome? Interested as a potential PIer.

jawsthegreat

Postby jawsthegreat » Mon Feb 07, 2011 10:46 pm

billyez wrote:Besides the weirdness which was Caligula, I'd agree that it's worth it to attend at least a couple of Feb Club parties. However, in one of the rare instances in which I would disagree with jawsthegreat, I will have to say that Feb Club is...a tad overrated. Fun? Yes. Epic? Meh...we'll have to see the rest of the month first.

Billy. Don't make me come find you. I haven't seen you since Buffalo Wild Wings, you better step it up.

Return to “TLS Class of 2014 Forum”