UVA Class of 2014

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2014)
r6_philly
Posts: 10707
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:32 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2014

Postby r6_philly » Wed Feb 02, 2011 3:11 pm

luckyme wrote:
r6_philly wrote:
becauseimaddicted wrote:
Probably. I don't use my last name on facebook because I have no interest in online socialization with my friends' parents or worse, my own family. Perhaps if I sent an addendum explaining this they could make an exception for me. I didn't realize they would be matching names to applications. That's intense. Rest assured there will be no trolls in that group.


Well I can't think of another way to ensure the request is from an admit.


Is it worth joining the site? Anything productive/informative happening?


No. I posted a hello and no one responded.

ETA: or anything else since, for that matter. People are afraid of official groups. Then don't join!

socraticmethodman
Posts: 315
Joined: Wed Nov 10, 2010 3:35 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2014

Postby socraticmethodman » Wed Feb 02, 2011 4:03 pm

So I've read some reviews and I have to ask, are the Barracks West Apartments really that bad?

User avatar
LLB2JD
Posts: 745
Joined: Tue Sep 29, 2009 5:32 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2014

Postby LLB2JD » Wed Feb 02, 2011 5:01 pm

r6_philly wrote:
luckyme wrote:
r6_philly wrote:
becauseimaddicted wrote:
Probably. I don't use my last name on facebook because I have no interest in online socialization with my friends' parents or worse, my own family. Perhaps if I sent an addendum explaining this they could make an exception for me. I didn't realize they would be matching names to applications. That's intense. Rest assured there will be no trolls in that group.


Well I can't think of another way to ensure the request is from an admit.


Is it worth joining the site? Anything productive/informative happening?


No. I posted a hello and no one responded.

ETA: or anything else since, for that matter. People are afraid of official groups. Then don't join!



LOL..It appears everyone is scared or something. Maybe folks would loosen up after the ASW

paulinaporizkova
Posts: 2494
Joined: Mon Nov 22, 2010 9:25 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2014

Postby paulinaporizkova » Wed Feb 02, 2011 5:07 pm

LLB2JD wrote:

LOL..It appears everyone is scared or something. Maybe folks would loosen up after the ASW


hey now, i posted in the facebook group, people posted back to me, and i "liked" something else. jdugas don't scerr me

r6_philly
Posts: 10707
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:32 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2014

Postby r6_philly » Wed Feb 02, 2011 5:13 pm

paulinaporizkova wrote:
LLB2JD wrote:

LOL..It appears everyone is scared or something. Maybe folks would loosen up after the ASW


hey now, i posted in the facebook group, people posted back to me, and i "liked" something else. jdugas don't scerr me


Well you didn't say hi to me :(

User avatar
LLB2JD
Posts: 745
Joined: Tue Sep 29, 2009 5:32 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2014

Postby LLB2JD » Wed Feb 02, 2011 5:15 pm

r6_philly wrote:
paulinaporizkova wrote:
LLB2JD wrote:

LOL..It appears everyone is scared or something. Maybe folks would loosen up after the ASW


hey now, i posted in the facebook group, people posted back to me, and i "liked" something else. jdugas don't scerr me


Well you didn't say hi to me :(


Someone just did...lol

paulinaporizkova
Posts: 2494
Joined: Mon Nov 22, 2010 9:25 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2014

Postby paulinaporizkova » Wed Feb 02, 2011 5:18 pm

r6_philly wrote:
paulinaporizkova wrote:
LLB2JD wrote:

LOL..It appears everyone is scared or something. Maybe folks would loosen up after the ASW


hey now, i posted in the facebook group, people posted back to me, and i "liked" something else. jdugas don't scerr me


Well you didn't say hi to me :(


i believe you asked who was from philly, and i am not from philly :(

User avatar
LLB2JD
Posts: 745
Joined: Tue Sep 29, 2009 5:32 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2014

Postby LLB2JD » Wed Feb 02, 2011 5:19 pm

paulinaporizkova wrote:
r6_philly wrote:
paulinaporizkova wrote:
LLB2JD wrote:

LOL..It appears everyone is scared or something. Maybe folks would loosen up after the ASW


hey now, i posted in the facebook group, people posted back to me, and i "liked" something else. jdugas don't scerr me


Well you didn't say hi to me :(


i believe you asked who was from philly, and i am not from philly :(


That's true. We all felt left out

r6_philly
Posts: 10707
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:32 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2014

Postby r6_philly » Wed Feb 02, 2011 5:21 pm

Ok sure, start participating now...

I will post something non philly related then!
Last edited by r6_philly on Wed Feb 02, 2011 5:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

4102011
Posts: 1724
Joined: Sat Feb 06, 2010 9:00 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2014

Postby 4102011 » Wed Feb 02, 2011 5:22 pm

LLB2JD wrote:That's true. We all felt left out


+1 :(

paulinaporizkova
Posts: 2494
Joined: Mon Nov 22, 2010 9:25 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2014

Postby paulinaporizkova » Wed Feb 02, 2011 5:22 pm

r6, you did not say hi to me either when i asked who was from minneapolis!! :)

User avatar
luckyme
Posts: 367
Joined: Wed Sep 15, 2010 9:41 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2014

Postby luckyme » Wed Feb 02, 2011 5:41 pm

Does anyone know if we are supposed to send a final transcript directly from our UG institution, even if we have already graduated? I received a letter that said they need a copy of the final transcript, and that the one from LSAC would not suffice.
Last edited by luckyme on Wed Feb 02, 2011 5:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
LLB2JD
Posts: 745
Joined: Tue Sep 29, 2009 5:32 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2014

Postby LLB2JD » Wed Feb 02, 2011 5:42 pm

luckyme wrote:Does anyone know if we are supposed to send a final transcript directly from our UG institution, even if we have alread graduated? I received a letter that said they need a copy of the final transcript, and that the one from LSAC would not suffice.


Yes, we're supposed to.

User avatar
luckyme
Posts: 367
Joined: Wed Sep 15, 2010 9:41 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2014

Postby luckyme » Wed Feb 02, 2011 5:43 pm

LLB2JD wrote:
luckyme wrote:Does anyone know if we are supposed to send a final transcript directly from our UG institution, even if we have alread graduated? I received a letter that said they need a copy of the final transcript, and that the one from LSAC would not suffice.


Yes, we're supposed to.


thanks

r6_philly
Posts: 10707
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:32 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2014

Postby r6_philly » Wed Feb 02, 2011 5:47 pm

paulinaporizkova wrote:r6, you did not say hi to me either when i asked who was from minneapolis!! :)


I was not a part of the group then, doesn't count!

paulinaporizkova
Posts: 2494
Joined: Mon Nov 22, 2010 9:25 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2014

Postby paulinaporizkova » Wed Feb 02, 2011 5:56 pm

r6_philly wrote:
paulinaporizkova wrote:r6, you did not say hi to me either when i asked who was from minneapolis!! :)


I was not a part of the group then, doesn't count!


ugh, you're right.

User avatar
MrSparkle
Posts: 154
Joined: Mon Jan 03, 2011 3:06 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2014

Postby MrSparkle » Thu Feb 03, 2011 6:56 am

luckyme wrote:
LLB2JD wrote:
luckyme wrote:Does anyone know if we are supposed to send a final transcript directly from our UG institution, even if we have alread graduated? I received a letter that said they need a copy of the final transcript, and that the one from LSAC would not suffice.


Yes, we're supposed to.


thanks


Make sure you have it sent DIRECTLY from your undergrad institution, not from you, even if it's still sealed. ABA rules...

User avatar
kelc213
Posts: 72
Joined: Fri Nov 05, 2010 11:05 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2014

Postby kelc213 » Thu Feb 03, 2011 11:21 am

Apologies for the abrupt change of subject, but are any ED admits going to either ASW?

I figured I would but Heat made me realize that most of the activities are geared for people on the fence about UVA...

Also, for those from the area, do you think its cheaper to fly into Richmond and rent a car there than into Charlottesville/Abermarle?

User avatar
arism87
Posts: 1311
Joined: Sat Sep 04, 2010 7:46 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2014

Postby arism87 » Thu Feb 03, 2011 11:23 am

kelc213 wrote:Apologies for the abrupt change of subject, but are any ED admits going to either ASW?

I figured I would but Heat made me realize that much of activities are for people on the fence about UVA...

Also, for those from the area, do you think its cheaper to fly into Richmond and rent a car there than into Charlottesville/Abermarle?


If you're over 25 yes. Under, maybe not, what with the extra cost of insurance. Might be nice to have the car too, so you can drive around and see Cville. Would also save you on taxi costs.

User avatar
thelaststraw05
Posts: 1028
Joined: Fri Nov 05, 2010 7:47 am

Re: UVA Class of 2014

Postby thelaststraw05 » Thu Feb 03, 2011 11:34 am

Hi, was just accepted yesterday.

What is there that I should know about UVA?

r6_philly
Posts: 10707
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:32 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2014

Postby r6_philly » Thu Feb 03, 2011 11:38 am

I can drive a couple of people around if someone is willing to be the tour guide!

User avatar
Stringer Bell
Posts: 1920
Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2009 9:43 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2014

Postby Stringer Bell » Thu Feb 03, 2011 11:44 am

kelc213 wrote:Also, for those from the area, do you think its cheaper to fly into Richmond and rent a car there than into Charlottesville/Abermarle?


I was thinking of breaking out lmgtfy :D . I think it can be cheaper in alot of cases, but you really just need to price it up. Last year I got a flight to Cville and a hotel for two nights on priceline for about the same cost I was seeing for a flight to Richmond or DC.

User avatar
Stringer Bell
Posts: 1920
Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2009 9:43 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2014

Postby Stringer Bell » Thu Feb 03, 2011 11:47 am

thelaststraw05 wrote:Hi, was just accepted yesterday.

What is there that I should know about UVA?


Location: Charlottesville, VA
Mascot: Cavaliers
Founded: 1818 by Thomas Jefferson
Conference: ACC
Colors: Orange and Navy Blue

User avatar
ThreeYears
Posts: 150
Joined: Sat Oct 09, 2010 5:26 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2014

Postby ThreeYears » Thu Feb 03, 2011 12:12 pm

r6_philly wrote:I can drive a couple of people around if someone is willing to be the tour guide!


I'll do it.

Name is Mingda, y'all can friend me on facebook.

User avatar
arism87
Posts: 1311
Joined: Sat Sep 04, 2010 7:46 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2014

Postby arism87 » Thu Feb 03, 2011 12:13 pm

Stringer Bell wrote:
thelaststraw05 wrote:Hi, was just accepted yesterday.

What is there that I should know about UVA?


Location: Charlottesville, VA
Mascot: Cavaliers
Founded: 1818 by Thomas Jefferson
Conference: ACC
Colors: Orange and Navy Blue


USNWR ranking: 10
Famous for: beer, softball, and attractive undergrads ( :wink: )




Return to “TLS Class of 2014 Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest