UVA Class of 2014

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2014)
paulinaporizkova
Posts: 2494
Joined: Mon Nov 22, 2010 9:25 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2014

Postby paulinaporizkova » Wed Jan 26, 2011 5:25 pm

I doubt either one is inherently better, except for said softball tourney possibly swaying some decisions. I'm going in March because it's the Spring Break for the school I teach at. I hope beer pong will become incorporated into my visit one way or another.

User avatar
arism87
Posts: 1311
Joined: Sat Sep 04, 2010 7:46 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2014

Postby arism87 » Wed Jan 26, 2011 6:17 pm

jawsthegreat wrote:The first ASW will be the weekend after the 1L briefs are due and is the weekend of the school-wide beer pong tournament. So raging opportunities will certainly be available.

The second ASW is the weekend of the National Law School Softball Tournament, which by all accounts is pretty much the greatest thing ever and will be filled with raging opportunities.

You can't go wrong either way.


beer pong tournament? yet another mark for uva in the "where should i go to law school" tally.

r6_philly
Posts: 10707
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:32 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2014

Postby r6_philly » Wed Jan 26, 2011 6:19 pm

arism87 wrote:
jawsthegreat wrote:The first ASW will be the weekend after the 1L briefs are due and is the weekend of the school-wide beer pong tournament. So raging opportunities will certainly be available.

The second ASW is the weekend of the National Law School Softball Tournament, which by all accounts is pretty much the greatest thing ever and will be filled with raging opportunities.

You can't go wrong either way.


beer pong tournament? yet another mark for uva in the "where should i go to law school" tally.


It would be even better if money games are involved.

User avatar
arism87
Posts: 1311
Joined: Sat Sep 04, 2010 7:46 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2014

Postby arism87 » Wed Jan 26, 2011 6:22 pm

r6_philly wrote:
arism87 wrote:
jawsthegreat wrote:The first ASW will be the weekend after the 1L briefs are due and is the weekend of the school-wide beer pong tournament. So raging opportunities will certainly be available.

The second ASW is the weekend of the National Law School Softball Tournament, which by all accounts is pretty much the greatest thing ever and will be filled with raging opportunities.

You can't go wrong either way.


beer pong tournament? yet another mark for uva in the "where should i go to law school" tally.


It would be even better if money games are involved.


Are 0Ls allowed to play? If I crush at pong, clearly it's a sign that I should go to UVA. If I don't make a cup and end up running around naked (this rule exists in the law school too right?) then UVA was not meant to be.

User avatar
jawsthegreat
Posts: 792
Joined: Wed Dec 03, 2008 10:51 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2014

Postby jawsthegreat » Wed Jan 26, 2011 6:39 pm

arism87 wrote:
r6_philly wrote:
arism87 wrote:
jawsthegreat wrote:The first ASW will be the weekend after the 1L briefs are due and is the weekend of the school-wide beer pong tournament. So raging opportunities will certainly be available.

The second ASW is the weekend of the National Law School Softball Tournament, which by all accounts is pretty much the greatest thing ever and will be filled with raging opportunities.

You can't go wrong either way.


beer pong tournament? yet another mark for uva in the "where should i go to law school" tally.


It would be even better if money games are involved.


Are 0Ls allowed to play? If I crush at pong, clearly it's a sign that I should go to UVA. If I don't make a cup and end up running around naked (this rule exists in the law school too right?) then UVA was not meant to be.


Do yourself a favor and withdraw from your other schools, you are going to LOVE it here.

User avatar
vanwinkle
Posts: 9740
Joined: Sun Dec 21, 2008 3:02 am

Re: UVA Class of 2014

Postby vanwinkle » Wed Jan 26, 2011 6:40 pm

I do miss the beer pong.

User avatar
arism87
Posts: 1311
Joined: Sat Sep 04, 2010 7:46 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2014

Postby arism87 » Wed Jan 26, 2011 6:44 pm

jawsthegreat wrote:Do yourself a favor and withdraw from your other schools, you are going to LOVE it here.


:) I already love it there- I went to UG at UVA, and my ONLY reservation is thinking that it will be like another 3 years of undergrad. I loved undergrad, so I'm not sure why this is a problem, but part of me thinks it's time to move on.. idk. Sorry, babbling.

User avatar
gladiator
Posts: 1211
Joined: Mon May 28, 2007 12:40 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2014

Postby gladiator » Wed Jan 26, 2011 7:02 pm

arism87 wrote:
jawsthegreat wrote:The first ASW will be the weekend after the 1L briefs are due and is the weekend of the school-wide beer pong tournament. So raging opportunities will certainly be available.

The second ASW is the weekend of the National Law School Softball Tournament, which by all accounts is pretty much the greatest thing ever and will be filled with raging opportunities.

You can't go wrong either way.


beer pong tournament? yet another mark for uva in the "where should i go to law school" tally.


Jaws slightly exaggerated, probably out of enthusiasm. The beer pong tournament is like March Madness so it's only around ~10% of the school participating as far as I know...though I'm sure Jaws will be one of them. The Softball Invitational has around 50 schools and 120 teams but almost all if not all of them are east of the Mississippi and most are from reasonably close to UVA just because travel logistics make it hard to attend for some schools. They're both good weekends though and give a good representation of what UVA social life is like. If you're a school spirit person, there's really no better weekend than watching our softball teams stomping on other schools. Also, the highly ranked UVA baseball team will be playing highly ranked FSU the admitted students weekend in March if that's a selling point. If you do come in March and are interested in softball, there will likely be a bunch of regular season games being played on Friday afternoon so you can check them out.

paulinaporizkova
Posts: 2494
Joined: Mon Nov 22, 2010 9:25 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2014

Postby paulinaporizkova » Wed Jan 26, 2011 8:34 pm

haha it's easy to figure out who some of you are based on the corresponding facebook group posts

....i think i just upped the stalker ante

User avatar
arism87
Posts: 1311
Joined: Sat Sep 04, 2010 7:46 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2014

Postby arism87 » Wed Jan 26, 2011 8:43 pm

paulinaporizkova wrote:haha it's easy to figure out who some of you are based on the corresponding facebook group posts

....i think i just upped the stalker ante


Ahahaa I can't decide if this makes me more or less inclined to join the group..

Whatsawahooanyway
Posts: 35
Joined: Tue Dec 28, 2010 7:36 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2014

Postby Whatsawahooanyway » Wed Jan 26, 2011 8:51 pm

Can someone make the Facebook group more exciting?

How did the people who have those little profile things under "classmates" on the 2014 Admitted Students page get selected? --LinkRemoved-- I want one.

This is what I would say roughly...

Why I chose Virginia Law- It was the best school I could get into and the attractiveness of the female undergrad population exceeds peer schools.

Work History- I worked in a furniture warehouse one summer. Then I was a delivery driver for 2 weeks and made 3 deliveries before I got laid off for not having enough work. I assisted professors doing research. Duties included telling people how to play video games and not much else.

Extracirricular Activities- Treasurer for one semester for a student organization. Duties included collecting membership dues, writing the person's name down, then giving the money to the president. Harassing unpaid members to cough up dough was also included.

Hobbies- Obsessing, complaining, feeling guilty, and self-defeating behavior.

User avatar
arism87
Posts: 1311
Joined: Sat Sep 04, 2010 7:46 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2014

Postby arism87 » Wed Jan 26, 2011 9:03 pm

Whatsawahooanyway wrote:Can someone make the Facebook group more exciting?

How did the people who have those little profile things under "classmates" on the 2014 Admitted Students page get selected? --LinkRemoved-- I want one.

This is what I would say roughly...

Why I chose Virginia Law- It was the best school I could get into and the attractiveness of the female undergrad population exceeds peer schools.

Work History- I worked in a furniture warehouse one summer. Then I was a delivery driver for 2 weeks and made 3 deliveries before I got laid off for not having enough work. I assisted professors doing research. Duties included telling people how to play video games and not much else.

Extracirricular Activities- Treasurer for one semester for a student organization. Duties included collecting membership dues, writing the person's name down, then giving the money to the president. Harassing unpaid members to cough up dough was also included.

Hobbies- Obsessing, complaining, feeling guilty, and self-defeating behavior.


Why thank you!

LOL to the rest of this. I hadn't seen these profiles yet

Whatsawahooanyway
Posts: 35
Joined: Tue Dec 28, 2010 7:36 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2014

Postby Whatsawahooanyway » Wed Jan 26, 2011 9:13 pm

arism87 wrote:
Whatsawahooanyway wrote:Can someone make the Facebook group more exciting?

How did the people who have those little profile things under "classmates" on the 2014 Admitted Students page get selected? --LinkRemoved-- I want one.

This is what I would say roughly...

Why I chose Virginia Law- It was the best school I could get into and the attractiveness of the female undergrad population exceeds peer schools.

Work History- I worked in a furniture warehouse one summer. Then I was a delivery driver for 2 weeks and made 3 deliveries before I got laid off for not having enough work. I assisted professors doing research. Duties included telling people how to play video games and not much else.

Extracirricular Activities- Treasurer for one semester for a student organization. Duties included collecting membership dues, writing the person's name down, then giving the money to the president. Harassing unpaid members to cough up dough was also included.

Hobbies- Obsessing, complaining, feeling guilty, and self-defeating behavior.


Why thank you!

LOL to the rest of this. I hadn't seen these profiles yet


But I hear the girls there are serial daters. Oh wait, that's just you... Do you decide to break up with a guy as soon as you find out he has cooties?

Whatsawahooanyway
Posts: 35
Joined: Tue Dec 28, 2010 7:36 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2014

Postby Whatsawahooanyway » Wed Jan 26, 2011 9:14 pm

NEVERMIND
Last edited by Whatsawahooanyway on Wed Jan 26, 2011 9:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
arism87
Posts: 1311
Joined: Sat Sep 04, 2010 7:46 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2014

Postby arism87 » Wed Jan 26, 2011 9:18 pm

Whatsawahooanyway wrote:
But I hear the girls there are serial daters. Oh wait, that's just you... Do you decide to break up with a guy as soon as you find out he has cooties?


Ahaha what? I am definitely not a serial dater.. but yes, "cooties" are generally a dealbreaker.

Also, fine, I'm joining the group.

User avatar
YCrevolution
Posts: 4714
Joined: Sat Oct 25, 2008 1:25 am

Re: UVA Class of 2014

Postby YCrevolution » Wed Jan 26, 2011 9:19 pm

..

paulinaporizkova
Posts: 2494
Joined: Mon Nov 22, 2010 9:25 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2014

Postby paulinaporizkova » Wed Jan 26, 2011 9:20 pm

wait what what?

User avatar
arism87
Posts: 1311
Joined: Sat Sep 04, 2010 7:46 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2014

Postby arism87 » Wed Jan 26, 2011 9:22 pm

YCrevolution wrote:Can we keep the personal attacks out of this? Especially for someone who says he chose UVA because "the attractiveness of the female undergrad population exceeds peer schools."


Is being a serial dater supposed to be an insult, because I generally interpret it more as a guy's acknowledgment that he has little chance of getting a girl drunk and hooking up with her, only to never see her again..

oatmealraisin
Posts: 3
Joined: Mon May 17, 2010 2:21 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2014

Postby oatmealraisin » Wed Jan 26, 2011 9:26 pm

arism87 wrote:
YCrevolution wrote:Can we keep the personal attacks out of this? Especially for someone who says he chose UVA because "the attractiveness of the female undergrad population exceeds peer schools."


Is being a serial dater supposed to be an insult, because I generally interpret it more as a guy's acknowledgment that he has little chance of getting a girl drunk and hooking up with her, only to never see her again..


FYI - if your username is composed of your initials and the year you're born, people will have no trouble figuring out who you are in the fall...

User avatar
arism87
Posts: 1311
Joined: Sat Sep 04, 2010 7:46 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2014

Postby arism87 » Wed Jan 26, 2011 9:29 pm

oatmealraisin wrote:
arism87 wrote:
YCrevolution wrote:Can we keep the personal attacks out of this? Especially for someone who says he chose UVA because "the attractiveness of the female undergrad population exceeds peer schools."


Is being a serial dater supposed to be an insult, because I generally interpret it more as a guy's acknowledgment that he has little chance of getting a girl drunk and hooking up with her, only to never see her again..


FYI - if your username is composed of your initials and the year you're born, people will have no trouble figuring out who you are in the fall...


Lol yeah, wasn't really planning on being quite as.. involved.. on this site as I ended up being. That said, I can't say it really bothers me.

User avatar
YCrevolution
Posts: 4714
Joined: Sat Oct 25, 2008 1:25 am

Re: UVA Class of 2014

Postby YCrevolution » Wed Jan 26, 2011 9:31 pm

..

Whatsawahooanyway
Posts: 35
Joined: Tue Dec 28, 2010 7:36 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2014

Postby Whatsawahooanyway » Wed Jan 26, 2011 9:34 pm

YCrevolution wrote:
Whatsawahooanyway wrote:
arism87 wrote:
Whatsawahooanyway wrote:Can someone make the Facebook group more exciting?

How did the people who have those little profile things under "classmates" on the 2014 Admitted Students page get selected? --LinkRemoved-- I want one.

This is what I would say roughly...

Why I chose Virginia Law- It was the best school I could get into and the attractiveness of the female undergrad population exceeds peer schools.

Work History- I worked in a furniture warehouse one summer. Then I was a delivery driver for 2 weeks and made 3 deliveries before I got laid off for not having enough work. I assisted professors doing research. Duties included telling people how to play video games and not much else.

Extracirricular Activities- Treasurer for one semester for a student organization. Duties included collecting membership dues, writing the person's name down, then giving the money to the president. Harassing unpaid members to cough up dough was also included.

Hobbies- Obsessing, complaining, feeling guilty, and self-defeating behavior.


Why thank you!

LOL to the rest of this. I hadn't seen these profiles yet


But I hear the girls there are serial daters. Oh wait, that's just you... Do you decide to break up with a guy as soon as you find out he has cooties?

Can we keep the personal attacks out of this? Especially for someone who says he chose UVA because "the attractiveness of the female undergrad population exceeds peer schools."


Are you being serious? Personal attack? Please tell me that was an attempt at humor.

socraticmethodman
Posts: 315
Joined: Wed Nov 10, 2010 3:35 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2014

Postby socraticmethodman » Wed Jan 26, 2011 10:07 pm

Soooooo, anyone interested in possibly living at Jefferson Ridge this fall? I know it is pricey, but the 3BR's aren't to bad.

User avatar
dbrddr
Posts: 287
Joined: Sun Oct 18, 2009 8:24 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2014

Postby dbrddr » Thu Jan 27, 2011 1:24 am

Question about ASW #1: The open house is scheduled for Friday, March 18 only. Would I regret flying back home around noon on Saturday, or are there other fun events being planned for that day? I ask because the 19th is my anniversary and I'd like to make it back home ASAP without missing anything too major.

User avatar
YCrevolution
Posts: 4714
Joined: Sat Oct 25, 2008 1:25 am

Re: UVA Class of 2014

Postby YCrevolution » Thu Jan 27, 2011 1:34 am

..




Return to “TLS Class of 2014 Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest