arism87 wrote:Sorry if this has been discussed, I scanned like 30 pages before giving up.
I see that the best places to be are Ivy Gardens/Jeffersonian/etc on Arlington. A few questions:
1. Do most people stick around after 1L? If not, where do they go? I'm really sick of moving every year..
2. When do you have to apply to have a good shot at getting into these places? I know for UVA undergrad you had to apply in like October or you were SOL lol.
3. Anyone know offhand which are pet-friendly? I don't see anything on the Ivy Gardens website about it.
Thanks a lot!
1. A lot of people stay wherever they were 1L year. Some will move into a house/townhome with others.
2. Jeffersonian: Jan. 01 (first day to submit applications); Ivy Gardens: You should still have a good pick in March.
3. Jeffersonian allows cats and small dogs; Ivy Gardens does not allow pets.
Thanks! More obscure question, but if you do apply at the Jeffersonian, do you have to sign a lease? Or just pay some kind of deposit? Aka, if I am PRETTY sure I want to come to UVA, but a few (unlikely) situations could sway me later on, can I apply anyway?