UVA Class of 2014 Forum

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2014)
paulinaporizkova

Gold

Re: UVA Class of 2014

Post by paulinaporizkova » Wed Jan 26, 2011 5:25 pm

I doubt either one is inherently better, except for said softball tourney possibly swaying some decisions. I'm going in March because it's the Spring Break for the school I teach at. I hope beer pong will become incorporated into my visit one way or another.

arism87

Silver

Post by arism87 » Wed Jan 26, 2011 6:17 pm

jawsthegreat wrote:The first ASW will be the weekend after the 1L briefs are due and is the weekend of the school-wide beer pong tournament. So raging opportunities will certainly be available.

The second ASW is the weekend of the National Law School Softball Tournament, which by all accounts is pretty much the greatest thing ever and will be filled with raging opportunities.

You can't go wrong either way.
beer pong tournament? yet another mark for uva in the "where should i go to law school" tally.

r6_philly

Diamond

Post by r6_philly » Wed Jan 26, 2011 6:19 pm

arism87 wrote:
jawsthegreat wrote:The first ASW will be the weekend after the 1L briefs are due and is the weekend of the school-wide beer pong tournament. So raging opportunities will certainly be available.

The second ASW is the weekend of the National Law School Softball Tournament, which by all accounts is pretty much the greatest thing ever and will be filled with raging opportunities.

beer pong tournament? yet another mark for uva in the "where should i go to law school" tally.
It would be even better if money games are involved.

arism87

Silver

Post by arism87 » Wed Jan 26, 2011 6:22 pm

r6_philly wrote:
arism87 wrote:

Are 0Ls allowed to play? If I crush at pong, clearly it's a sign that I should go to UVA. If I don't make a cup and end up running around naked (this rule exists in the law school too right?) then UVA was not meant to be.

jawsthegreat

Silver

Post by jawsthegreat » Wed Jan 26, 2011 6:39 pm

arism87 wrote:
r6_philly wrote:
arism87 wrote:

Are 0Ls allowed to play? If I crush at pong, clearly it's a sign that I should go to UVA. If I don't make a cup and end up running around naked (this rule exists in the law school too right?) then UVA was not meant to be.
Do yourself a favor and withdraw from your other schools, you are going to LOVE it here.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

vanwinkle

Platinum

Post by vanwinkle » Wed Jan 26, 2011 6:40 pm

I do miss the beer pong.

arism87

Silver

Post by arism87 » Wed Jan 26, 2011 6:44 pm

jawsthegreat wrote: Do yourself a favor and withdraw from your other schools, you are going to LOVE it here.
:) I already love it there- I went to UG at UVA, and my ONLY reservation is thinking that it will be like another 3 years of undergrad. I loved undergrad, so I'm not sure why this is a problem, but part of me thinks it's time to move on.. idk. Sorry, babbling.

gladiator

Silver

Post by gladiator » Wed Jan 26, 2011 7:02 pm

arism87 wrote:

Jaws slightly exaggerated, probably out of enthusiasm. The beer pong tournament is like March Madness so it's only around ~10% of the school participating as far as I know...though I'm sure Jaws will be one of them. The Softball Invitational has around 50 schools and 120 teams but almost all if not all of them are east of the Mississippi and most are from reasonably close to UVA just because travel logistics make it hard to attend for some schools. They're both good weekends though and give a good representation of what UVA social life is like. If you're a school spirit person, there's really no better weekend than watching our softball teams stomping on other schools. Also, the highly ranked UVA baseball team will be playing highly ranked FSU the admitted students weekend in March if that's a selling point. If you do come in March and are interested in softball, there will likely be a bunch of regular season games being played on Friday afternoon so you can check them out.

paulinaporizkova

Gold

Post by paulinaporizkova » Wed Jan 26, 2011 8:34 pm

haha it's easy to figure out who some of you are based on the corresponding facebook group posts

....i think i just upped the stalker ante

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

arism87

Silver

Post by arism87 » Wed Jan 26, 2011 8:43 pm

paulinaporizkova wrote:haha it's easy to figure out who some of you are based on the corresponding facebook group posts

....i think i just upped the stalker ante
Ahahaa I can't decide if this makes me more or less inclined to join the group..

Whatsawahooanyway

New

Post by Whatsawahooanyway » Wed Jan 26, 2011 8:51 pm

Can someone make the Facebook group more exciting?

How did the people who have those little profile things under "classmates" on the 2014 Admitted Students page get selected? --LinkRemoved-- I want one.

This is what I would say roughly...

Why I chose Virginia Law- It was the best school I could get into and the attractiveness of the female undergrad population exceeds peer schools.

Work History- I worked in a furniture warehouse one summer. Then I was a delivery driver for 2 weeks and made 3 deliveries before I got laid off for not having enough work. I assisted professors doing research. Duties included telling people how to play video games and not much else.

Extracirricular Activities- Treasurer for one semester for a student organization. Duties included collecting membership dues, writing the person's name down, then giving the money to the president. Harassing unpaid members to cough up dough was also included.

Hobbies- Obsessing, complaining, feeling guilty, and self-defeating behavior.

arism87

Silver

Post by arism87 » Wed Jan 26, 2011 9:03 pm

Whatsawahooanyway wrote:Can someone make the Facebook group more exciting?

How did the people who have those little profile things under "classmates" on the 2014 Admitted Students page get selected? --LinkRemoved-- I want one.

Why I chose Virginia Law- It was the best school I could get into and the attractiveness of the female undergrad population exceeds peer schools.

Work History- I worked in a furniture warehouse one summer. Then I was a delivery driver for 2 weeks and made 3 deliveries before I got laid off for not having enough work. I assisted professors doing research. Duties included telling people how to play video games and not much else.

Extracirricular Activities- Treasurer for one semester for a student organization. Duties included collecting membership dues, writing the person's name down, then giving the money to the president. Harassing unpaid members to cough up dough was also included.

Why thank you!

LOL to the rest of this. I hadn't seen these profiles yet

Whatsawahooanyway

New

Post by Whatsawahooanyway » Wed Jan 26, 2011 9:13 pm

arism87 wrote:

Why thank you!

But I hear the girls there are serial daters. Oh wait, that's just you... Do you decide to break up with a guy as soon as you find out he has cooties?

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Whatsawahooanyway

New

Post by Whatsawahooanyway » Wed Jan 26, 2011 9:14 pm

NEVERMIND
Last edited by Whatsawahooanyway on Wed Jan 26, 2011 9:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

arism87

Silver

Post by arism87 » Wed Jan 26, 2011 9:18 pm

Whatsawahooanyway wrote:
But I hear the girls there are serial daters. Oh wait, that's just you... Do you decide to break up with a guy as soon as you find out he has cooties?
Ahaha what? I am definitely not a serial dater.. but yes, "cooties" are generally a dealbreaker.

Also, fine, I'm joining the group.

YCrevolution

Gold

Post by YCrevolution » Wed Jan 26, 2011 9:19 pm

paulinaporizkova

Gold

Post by paulinaporizkova » Wed Jan 26, 2011 9:20 pm

wait what what?

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

arism87

Silver

Post by arism87 » Wed Jan 26, 2011 9:22 pm

YCrevolution wrote: Can we keep the personal attacks out of this? Especially for someone who says he chose UVA because "the attractiveness of the female undergrad population exceeds peer schools."
Is being a serial dater supposed to be an insult, because I generally interpret it more as a guy's acknowledgment that he has little chance of getting a girl drunk and hooking up with her, only to never see her again..

oatmealraisin

New

Post by oatmealraisin » Wed Jan 26, 2011 9:26 pm

arism87 wrote:
YCrevolution wrote: Can we keep the personal attacks out of this? Especially for someone who says he chose UVA because "the attractiveness of the female undergrad population exceeds peer schools."
Is being a serial dater supposed to be an insult, because I generally interpret it more as a guy's acknowledgment that he has little chance of getting a girl drunk and hooking up with her, only to never see her again..
FYI - if your username is composed of your initials and the year you're born, people will have no trouble figuring out who you are in the fall...

arism87

Silver

Post by arism87 » Wed Jan 26, 2011 9:29 pm

oatmealraisin wrote:
arism87 wrote:
FYI - if your username is composed of your initials and the year you're born, people will have no trouble figuring out who you are in the fall...
Lol yeah, wasn't really planning on being quite as.. involved.. on this site as I ended up being. That said, I can't say it really bothers me.

YCrevolution

Gold

Post by YCrevolution » Wed Jan 26, 2011 9:31 pm

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Whatsawahooanyway

New

Post by Whatsawahooanyway » Wed Jan 26, 2011 9:34 pm

YCrevolution wrote:
Whatsawahooanyway wrote:
arism87 wrote:

Why thank you!

Can we keep the personal attacks out of this? Especially for someone who says he chose UVA because "the attractiveness of the female undergrad population exceeds peer schools."
Are you being serious? Personal attack? Please tell me that was an attempt at humor.

socraticmethodman

Bronze

Post by socraticmethodman » Wed Jan 26, 2011 10:07 pm

Soooooo, anyone interested in possibly living at Jefferson Ridge this fall? I know it is pricey, but the 3BR's aren't to bad.

dbrddr

Bronze

Post by dbrddr » Thu Jan 27, 2011 1:24 am

Question about ASW #1: The open house is scheduled for Friday, March 18 only. Would I regret flying back home around noon on Saturday, or are there other fun events being planned for that day? I ask because the 19th is my anniversary and I'd like to make it back home ASAP without missing anything too major.

YCrevolution

Gold

Post by YCrevolution » Thu Jan 27, 2011 1:34 am

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “TLS Class of 2014 Forum”