Michigan Class of 2014 Forum

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2014)
jd2014!

Bronze

Re: Michigan Class of 2014

Post by jd2014! » Mon Nov 08, 2010 10:08 am

It has begun. "Decision" statuses are starting to pop up.

Knock

Platinum

Post by Knock » Mon Nov 08, 2010 12:07 pm

jd2014! wrote:It has begun. "Decision" statuses are starting to pop up.
Just checked mine still at Complete. Good luck everyone.

artichoke

Silver

Post by artichoke » Mon Nov 08, 2010 12:16 pm

jd2014! wrote:It has begun. "Decision" statuses are starting to pop up.
Eek! Nervous. Still at "complete." Last update: today!

Tanicius

Gold

Post by Tanicius » Mon Nov 08, 2010 1:58 pm

In. Waiting on scholarship info and will probably ride the cycle out before committing, but Michigan is my top choice.

treeborn

New

Post by treeborn » Tue Nov 09, 2010 7:04 pm

Submitted 11/4 for ED. Haven't heard anything. What are the chances that I'll make the 11/15 ED deadline, being that I applied a few days after their suggested 11/1 time? All necessary documents were submitted to the LSAC prior to my submission of my application.

Thanks!

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

ArchRoark

Silver

Post by ArchRoark » Tue Nov 09, 2010 7:14 pm

treeborn wrote:Submitted 11/4 for ED. Haven't heard anything. What are the chances that I'll make the 11/15 ED deadline, being that I applied a few days after their suggested 11/1 time? All necessary documents were submitted to the LSAC prior to my submission of my application.

Thanks!
Not sure, perhaps call and ask. When I spoke with the admission staff about switching my RD app to ED then mentioned that since I applied before the 1st it would not be a problem. IIRC they asked for application submission by the 1st with all materials arriving by the 15th.

treeborn

New

Post by treeborn » Tue Nov 09, 2010 7:23 pm

ArchRoark wrote:
treeborn wrote:Submitted 11/4 for ED. Haven't heard anything. What are the chances that I'll make the 11/15 ED deadline, being that I applied a few days after their suggested 11/1 time? All necessary documents were submitted to the LSAC prior to my submission of my application.

Thanks!
Not sure, perhaps call and ask. When I spoke with the admission staff about switching my RD app to ED then mentioned that since I applied before the 1st it would not be a problem. IIRC they asked for application submission by the 1st with all materials arriving by the 15th.
Yeah, I know they recommend one submit by the 1st, but it didn't work out because my final LOR was received a few days after the 1st.

I called the office, and they said sometimes processessing can take 5 business days, which would place me at a complete by the 11th of November. They said they'd try their best to file the app, but if not, they'd roll me into RD (which I'd much rather be ED).

So yeah. Thanks for your input!

RIPmitchhedberg

New

Post by RIPmitchhedberg » Fri Nov 12, 2010 12:36 pm

So this morning I got in. I am living in Chile right now, and I received a great packet of stuff. I'm surprised I got in so early, since my numbers are low for Michigan (3.6, 169, took LSAT 3 times). She did write on the admissions letter that she liked my PS. Oh, and this was for regular decision but summer start (I asked for summer start in an addendum).

Anyway, for all of those checking online every morning (like I was), my status checker said 'complete' until this afternoon (even though it was mailed on November 9th). I'm not normally that into looking for little online trends (such as the mysterious yellow bar that appeared before LSAT scores were posted, etc.), but I did happen to notice one this time: normally, the status checker updated realllly early in the morning. I'm an hour ahead of East Coast time, and would check at 7 am every morning and it would already be updated for the day. However, on the 9th (the day they sent my packet), it wasn't updated for the day until the afternoon. Maybe it's just a coincidence, who knows.

Anyway, I'm stoked--Michigan is my top choice. Good luck to the rest of you applicants! I hop you hear soon!

daisuki

New

Post by daisuki » Fri Nov 12, 2010 1:02 pm

^^^ Nice handle

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

artichoke

Silver

Post by artichoke » Fri Nov 12, 2010 2:08 pm

Hello! Just accepted at UMich, 99% sure that is where I'll end up next year. Excited to be part of the class of 2014!!

daisyduke

Bronze

Post by daisyduke » Fri Nov 12, 2010 3:02 pm

Just accepted as well. Love the school and definitely one of my top choices! Does anyone know anything about housing? I know they have the Lawyer's Club... what do people think of that versus off-campus housing?

supersar

New

Post by supersar » Fri Nov 12, 2010 3:04 pm

daisyduke wrote:Just accepted as well. Love the school and definitely one of my top choices! Does anyone know anything about housing? I know they have the Lawyer's Club... what do people think of that versus off-campus housing?

I'm in too :) and for summer as well. If you have any specific questions about housing feel free to PM me, I went to mich as an undergrad and have a fairly good grasp on the housing game.

wildcathighfive

Bronze

Post by wildcathighfive » Fri Nov 12, 2010 3:05 pm

I'll be there too! Also for summer.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

dabbadon8

Silver

Post by dabbadon8 » Thu Nov 25, 2010 1:44 am

Got in yesterday via status checker... Figured I'd give this thread a bump. The welcome video was very impressive.

AreJay711

Gold

Post by AreJay711 » Sat Nov 27, 2010 12:52 pm

I'm in for the summer. Now my OCD can turn to where I will live in Ann Arbor instead of where I go to school lol. If anyone else is looking, there's a pretty cool house I'd like to rent for summer start but would need 1 or 2 roommates. PM me and I'll send the link.

Gold

Post by 03121202698008 » Sat Nov 27, 2010 12:56 pm

There will be lots of cheap sublets closer to the summer for any of you who will need one. If you don't mind living a little out of the city, you will get a much bigger (and usually nicer) apartment and still be less than 15 minutes on bus to downtown. We ride the bus for free, though it does stop early...like 10 pm.

I currently live at Harbor House, while I love the complex getting home from school is a bit of a pain because it's hard to judge if the bus is on time or not. Woodbury Gardens (where I'm probably moving to) has a shuttle that goes to/from school and it's on the bus line that picks up right outside the LS so it's <10 minutes to/from on the city bus.

Make sure anywhere you will live over the summer has A/C. It get's deceptively humid here. Also if you plan to sublet out as no one will rent a place in summer without it.

scorky

New

Post by scorky » Sat Nov 27, 2010 7:33 pm

Going to wait to accept until I officially visit (so unattractive; I'm sure I'll hate it) but looking forward to meeting all y'all other summer starters! :D

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

wildcathighfive

Bronze

Post by wildcathighfive » Sun Nov 28, 2010 11:06 am

is there a facebook group yet?

dorriedoodle

New

Post by dorriedoodle » Sun Nov 28, 2010 3:19 pm

Anyone get scholarship info? Does no scholarship info mean no scholarship?

daisyduke

Bronze

Post by daisyduke » Sun Nov 28, 2010 4:17 pm

dorriedoodle wrote:Anyone get scholarship info? Does no scholarship info mean no scholarship?

I'm pretty sure their scholarship information comes later.

artichoke

Silver

Post by artichoke » Sun Nov 28, 2010 4:21 pm

daisyduke wrote:
dorriedoodle wrote:Anyone get scholarship info? Does no scholarship info mean no scholarship?

I read somewhere on the boards they typically send it two weeks after acceptance.. Though it seems more likely they would wait until more people have been accepted to send offers out.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

dorriedoodle

New

Post by dorriedoodle » Sun Nov 28, 2010 6:50 pm

artichoke wrote:
daisyduke wrote:

I read somewhere on the boards they typically send it two weeks after acceptance.. Though it seems more likely they would wait until more people have been accepted to send offers out.
So no one here has heard yet??

I'm sooo excited, but worried about $$$

Excellence = a Habit

Silver

Post by Excellence = a Habit » Sun Nov 28, 2010 9:23 pm

I got in last week - not decided yet, but I'm having a LOT of fun looking at A2 real estate... for those looking for a place near campus, if you're not already familiar with padmapper.com, it is crazy helpful. It takes existing rental ads from several sites and places them together on one map, so you can see exactly where each place is in relation to campus. It also tells you walk scores, etc. I found this house (http://www.padmapper.com/show.php?type= ... 2&src=main) and now I want to go to Mich just to live in it.

Gold

Post by 03121202698008 » Mon Nov 29, 2010 11:11 am

RIPmitchhedberg wrote:I'm not normally that into looking for little online trends (such as the mysterious yellow bar that appeared before LSAT scores were posted, etc.), but I did happen to notice one this time: normally, the status checker updated realllly early in the morning. I'm an hour ahead of East Coast time, and would check at 7 am every morning and it would already be updated for the day. However, on the 9th (the day they sent my packet), it wasn't updated for the day until the afternoon. Maybe it's just a coincidence, who knows.
Congrats. I'm sure it was a coincidence. From talking to some people, they run a program once a day that populates the status checker off their admissions database. Unlike some other schools, changes they make are not instantaneous. Last year, they even delayed updates once or twice around holidays so people wouldn't see decisions and then not know. They also somehow started delaying updates at some point in the cycle so people wouldn't see the decision until they received their packet.

T6Hopeful

Silver

Post by T6Hopeful » Mon Nov 29, 2010 11:15 am

Excellence = a Habit wrote:I got in last week - not decided yet, but I'm having a LOT of fun looking at A2 real estate... for those looking for a place near campus, if you're not already familiar with padmapper.com, it is crazy helpful. It takes existing rental ads from several sites and places them together on one map, so you can see exactly where each place is in relation to campus. It also tells you walk scores, etc. I found this house (http://www.padmapper.com/show.php?type= ... 2&src=main) and now I want to go to Mich just to live in it.
:shock:
I'm jealous, you guys are already looking at housing...
Unfortunately regardless of which school I get into, I may have to wait until as late as May to hear back from a fellowship I applied to, before I commit to housing (in the case I have to request a deferral). I can't eat a security deposit just to make another one the year after.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “TLS Class of 2014 Forum”