Michigan Class of 2014 Forum

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2014)
sarahh

Silver

Re: Michigan Class of 2014

Post by sarahh » Wed Feb 23, 2011 6:36 pm

sgtgrumbles wrote:Anybody attending the first ASW planning on doing the Saturday morning run with Dean Z? I'll be bringing my cold weather running gear.
I really don't want to relive my memories of being forced to run a mile in high school and being the slowest person. Even the girl with asthma completed it in less time than me.

ETA: I love mimosas.

InvictusFortis

Bronze

Post by InvictusFortis » Wed Feb 23, 2011 6:55 pm

sarahh wrote:
sgtgrumbles wrote:Anybody attending the first ASW planning on doing the Saturday morning run with Dean Z? I'll be bringing my cold weather running gear.
I really don't want to relive my memories of being forced to run a mile in high school and being the slowest person. Even the girl with asthma completed it in less time than me.

You can definitely join us, were 3 or 4 strong at the moment.

whathojeeves

Bronze

Post by whathojeeves » Wed Feb 23, 2011 6:56 pm

sarahh wrote:

I am totally that girl with asthma. Mimosa-crowd is clearly the group for me.

The Stig

Silver

Post by The Stig » Wed Feb 23, 2011 7:07 pm

oooh got a curriculum pamphlet today.. lots of pretty pictures as usual! (and of course, interesting information about courses, etc.) :D

absolutazn87

Silver

Post by absolutazn87 » Wed Feb 23, 2011 7:07 pm

InvictusFortis wrote:Is it taboo to be drinking mimosas while everyone else is running?
Nice! Totally in!

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Gold

Post by 4102011 » Wed Feb 23, 2011 8:23 pm

absolutazn87 wrote:
InvictusFortis wrote:Is it taboo to be drinking mimosas while everyone else is running?
Nice! Totally in!
+1

I don't...run. MIMOSAS ARE DEF TCR.

er doctor

Bronze

Post by er doctor » Wed Feb 23, 2011 8:48 pm

applepiecrust wrote:
er doctor wrote:Long ago I promised myself I would only run under the following conditions:

1. I am in a building that is on fire
2. I am being chased by a wild animal
3. I am being chased by a wild animal that is also on fire
How about chasing buses? /Being late for trains/metro?
There is ALWAYS another train. If not, there's a taxi. Life is too short to be running.

wolverine2014

Bronze

Post by wolverine2014 » Wed Feb 23, 2011 9:23 pm

er doctor wrote:
applepiecrust wrote:
er doctor wrote:Long ago I promised myself I would only run under the following conditions:

1. I am in a building that is on fire
2. I am being chased by a wild animal
3. I am being chased by a wild animal that is also on fire
How about chasing buses? /Being late for trains/metro?
There is ALWAYS another train. If not, there's a taxi. Life is too short to be running.
Is this your personal or professional opinion? lol

lzyovrachievr

Gold

Post by lzyovrachievr » Wed Feb 23, 2011 10:00 pm

dulcatis wrote:
absolutazn87 wrote:
Nice! Totally in!
+1

No offense, guys, cause I love me some mimosas, but... that run is at like 8 in the morning. Forgive me, but if I skip the running, I'm sure as hell not getting my butt out of bed to drink at 7:30. I'll be sleeping. Have one for me.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

dabbadon8

Silver

Post by dabbadon8 » Wed Feb 23, 2011 10:03 pm

lzyovrachievr wrote:
dulcatis wrote:
absolutazn87 wrote:
Nice! Totally in!
+1

No offense, guys, cause I love me some mimosas, but... that run is at like 8 in the morning. Forgive me, but if I skip the running, I'm sure as hell not getting my butt out of bed to drink at 7:30. I'll be sleeping. Have one for me.
Ha +1. My thoughts exactly.

rundoxierun

Gold

Post by rundoxierun » Wed Feb 23, 2011 11:23 pm

Hmm.. its looking more and more like my decision is going to come down to Michigan v. Harvard.

er doctor

Bronze

Post by er doctor » Wed Feb 23, 2011 11:31 pm

tkgrrett wrote:Hmm.. its looking more and more like my decision is going to come down to Michigan v. Harvard.
Come to Michigan it's where all the cool kids are going to be.

InvictusFortis

Bronze

Post by InvictusFortis » Thu Feb 24, 2011 12:35 am

lzyovrachievr wrote: No offense, guys, cause I love me some mimosas, but... that run is at like 8 in the morning. Forgive me, but if I skip the running, I'm sure as hell not getting my butt out of bed to drink at 7:30. I'll be sleeping. Have one for me.
C'mon man, it's basically vacation. Also, the alumni panel is not until 10. We will go around 9.
Last edited by InvictusFortis on Thu Feb 24, 2011 12:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Gold

Post by 4102011 » Thu Feb 24, 2011 12:36 am

lzyovrachievr wrote:
dulcatis wrote:
absolutazn87 wrote:
Nice! Totally in!
+1

...we should be roomies for this...I like how you think.

thelaststraw05

Silver

Post by thelaststraw05 » Thu Feb 24, 2011 10:08 am

So, I'm not going to be able to attend one of the ASWs, but after visiting on Monday... I'm about 95% sure that I will have the opportunity to meet many of you in August.

Entchen

Silver

Post by Entchen » Thu Feb 24, 2011 10:45 am

thelaststraw05 wrote:So, I'm not going to be able to attend one of the ASWs, but after visiting on Monday... I'm about 95% sure that I will have the opportunity to meet many of you in August.
Ooooh tell us all about your visit! Did you take pictures?

thelaststraw05

Silver

Post by thelaststraw05 » Thu Feb 24, 2011 10:53 am

Entchen wrote:
thelaststraw05 wrote:So, I'm not going to be able to attend one of the ASWs, but after visiting on Monday... I'm about 95% sure that I will have the opportunity to meet many of you in August.
I posted a bunch of pictures, here's the link:
thelaststraw05 wrote:Just posted some pictures of my visit on the pictures thread. Enjoy!

http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/v ... 0#p4066870

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

yoitsmebenny

Bronze

Post by yoitsmebenny » Thu Feb 24, 2011 10:59 am

I haven't run in like 2 months so we'll see how this goes...but I'll def be in for the run

InvictusFortis

Bronze

Post by InvictusFortis » Thu Feb 24, 2011 11:10 am

thelaststraw05 wrote:
Entchen wrote:
thelaststraw05 wrote:Just posted some pictures of my visit on the pictures thread. Enjoy!

I have it on good authority that one can a smoke a cigar while drinking bourbon in the LC lounge after a rough week of finals.

On a more serious note, great pictures. Makes me want to live in the LC

thelaststraw05

Silver

Post by thelaststraw05 » Thu Feb 24, 2011 11:16 am

InvictusFortis wrote:
thelaststraw05 wrote:
Entchen wrote:

I have it on good authority that one can a smoke a cigar while drinking bourbon in the LC lounge after a rough week of finals.

On a more serious note, great pictures. Makes me want to live in the LC
I was just joking with a friend that I do believe that everyone moves from the cafeteria over to the lounge and consumes a snifter of cognac while smoking cigars.

applepiecrust

Bronze

Post by applepiecrust » Thu Feb 24, 2011 11:24 am

thelaststraw05 wrote:
Entchen wrote:

Ah, what I always dreamed college dorms should look like.
(Obviously Georgetown failed to live up to that.)

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

texaskk

Bronze

Post by texaskk » Thu Feb 24, 2011 11:44 am

Not to burst anyone's bubble but... The inside of the LC (the actual dorm rooms) does NOT live up to the way it looks on the outside (read: white concrete walls, fluorescent lights, kind of like a hospital/prison). That being said, I'm still going to live there, but just a heads up!

Entchen

Silver

Post by Entchen » Thu Feb 24, 2011 11:47 am

texaskk wrote:Not to burst anyone's bubble but... The inside of the LC (the actual dorm rooms) does NOT live up to the way it looks on the outside (read: white concrete walls, fluorescent lights, kind of like a hospital/prison). That being said, I'm still going to live there, but just a heads up!
Someone posted this in the 1L/2L/3L Questions thread - http://www.law.umich.edu/prospectivestu ... gpage.html

There are pictures of the insides of rooms if you scroll through a bit. They seem like not amazing but pretty standard dorm-y rooms. Nothing too terrible.

applepiecrust

Bronze

Post by applepiecrust » Thu Feb 24, 2011 11:48 am

texaskk wrote:Not to burst anyone's bubble but... The inside of the LC (the actual dorm rooms) does NOT live up to the way it looks on the outside (read: white concrete walls, fluorescent lights, kind of like a hospital/prison). That being said, I'm still going to live there, but just a heads up!
1. How big are the average rooms?
2. Disappointing as the shared bathrooms are, how many people share them?
I can't decide if I want to live in LC; it seems to work out a little pricier than other options, but the convenience of having meals prepared for you is unbeatable (but the lack of a kitchen is sad -- how will I make brownies?!)

Entchen

Silver

Post by Entchen » Thu Feb 24, 2011 11:49 am

applepiecrust wrote:
1. How big are the average rooms?
2. Disappointing as the shared bathrooms are, how many people share them?
I can't decide if I want to live in LC; it seems to work out a little pricier than other options, but the convenience of having meals prepared for you is unbeatable (but the lack of a kitchen is sad -- how will I make brownies?!)

?

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “TLS Class of 2014 Forum”