Michigan Class of 2014

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2014)
User avatar
math101
Posts: 124
Joined: Sat May 01, 2010 12:28 pm

Re: Michigan Class of 2014

Postby math101 » Fri Jan 14, 2011 12:13 am

FWIW, I flew in to DTW and took the Michigan Flyer in to AA. Super cheap and quick ($30 roundtrip/about 30 minutes each way). Then it's easy to take the bus in to campus (route 36).

Anecdote about my trip: I spent $250 to change an existing ticket I had to KS from NY to go to Ann Arbor for a day to visit. On the way back to NY, I got snowed in overnight in DTW. Originally, they weren't going to be able to fly me out until Friday (this was on a Wednesday), so were I clairvoyant, I would've been able to save myself the money and see Ann Arbor for free. Alas, that was not the case.

Also, there is a 90% chance I will be attending Michigan in the fall. If I do, I will most likely move up at the beginning of August. So, if any of you summer starters are around, you'll have to show me around town, what with your inside knowledge.

User avatar
artichoke
Posts: 760
Joined: Mon Jun 21, 2010 11:20 pm

Re: Michigan Class of 2014

Postby artichoke » Fri Jan 14, 2011 12:25 am

On that note, the Michigan Flyer is great. Not like the dreaded greyhound at all. Much cleaner, wireless internet on-board and free bottles of water and they pick you up right at the baggage check anywhere at DTW.

4102011
Posts: 1724
Joined: Sat Feb 06, 2010 9:00 pm

Re: Michigan Class of 2014

Postby 4102011 » Fri Jan 14, 2011 12:26 am

Everyone join the fb group! Nowwww!

User avatar
artichoke
Posts: 760
Joined: Mon Jun 21, 2010 11:20 pm

Re: Michigan Class of 2014

Postby artichoke » Fri Jan 14, 2011 12:26 am

dulcatis wrote:Everyone join the fb group! Nowwww!


Link please

4102011
Posts: 1724
Joined: Sat Feb 06, 2010 9:00 pm

Re: Michigan Class of 2014

Postby 4102011 » Fri Jan 14, 2011 12:27 am

er doctor wrote:
absolutazn87 wrote:Someone should make a facebook group for us 2014ers!

looking at you, entchen :D


done

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?sk=gro ... 0857357587


QF new page!

User avatar
er doctor
Posts: 290
Joined: Thu Dec 24, 2009 5:35 am

Re: Michigan Class of 2014

Postby er doctor » Fri Jan 14, 2011 12:27 am

er doctor wrote:
absolutazn87 wrote:Someone should make a facebook group for us 2014ers!

looking at you, entchen :D


done

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?sk=gro ... 0857357587

User avatar
artichoke
Posts: 760
Joined: Mon Jun 21, 2010 11:20 pm

Re: Michigan Class of 2014

Postby artichoke » Fri Jan 14, 2011 12:27 am

Thanks both, guess I should have back-read.

EDIT: Joined!

EDIT 2: Not technically I suppose, but requested anyway.
Last edited by artichoke on Fri Jan 14, 2011 12:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

4102011
Posts: 1724
Joined: Sat Feb 06, 2010 9:00 pm

Re: Michigan Class of 2014

Postby 4102011 » Fri Jan 14, 2011 12:28 am

artichoke wrote:Thanks both, guess I should have back-read.


It's cool, I need to up my post count anyway. :)

I really, really should stop posting so much...

User avatar
artichoke
Posts: 760
Joined: Mon Jun 21, 2010 11:20 pm

Re: Michigan Class of 2014

Postby artichoke » Fri Jan 14, 2011 12:31 am

dulcatis wrote:
artichoke wrote:Thanks both, guess I should have back-read.


It's cool, I need to up my post count anyway. :)

I really, really should stop posting so much...


Oh come on, you love your high number of posts :wink:

4102011
Posts: 1724
Joined: Sat Feb 06, 2010 9:00 pm

Re: Michigan Class of 2014

Postby 4102011 » Fri Jan 14, 2011 12:36 am

artichoke wrote:
dulcatis wrote:
artichoke wrote:Thanks both, guess I should have back-read.


It's cool, I need to up my post count anyway. :)

I really, really should stop posting so much...


Oh come on, you love your high number of posts :wink:


I think I need to accept it and strive for 4k by the end of January...

User avatar
artichoke
Posts: 760
Joined: Mon Jun 21, 2010 11:20 pm

Re: Michigan Class of 2014

Postby artichoke » Fri Jan 14, 2011 12:37 am

dulcatis wrote:
artichoke wrote:
dulcatis wrote:
artichoke wrote:Thanks both, guess I should have back-read.


It's cool, I need to up my post count anyway. :)

I really, really should stop posting so much...


Oh come on, you love your high number of posts :wink:


I think I need to accept it and strive for 4k by the end of January...


Why not 4k by tomorrow?

4102011
Posts: 1724
Joined: Sat Feb 06, 2010 9:00 pm

Re: Michigan Class of 2014

Postby 4102011 » Fri Jan 14, 2011 12:39 am

artichoke wrote:Why not 4k by tomorrow?


Because I want to sleep! Also, can't do that much Columbia freaking out in 20 minutes.

& I'm totally gonna get 4k before you get 1k :(

User avatar
artichoke
Posts: 760
Joined: Mon Jun 21, 2010 11:20 pm

Re: Michigan Class of 2014

Postby artichoke » Fri Jan 14, 2011 12:50 am

dulcatis wrote:
artichoke wrote:Why not 4k by tomorrow?


Because I want to sleep! Also, can't do that much Columbia freaking out in 20 minutes.

& I'm totally gonna get 4k before you get 1k :(


I'm really shooting for 1k, but I only post a couple times a day, so I'm like that person who walks a marathon :lol:

wolverine2014
Posts: 134
Joined: Mon Aug 02, 2010 2:40 pm

Re: Michigan Class of 2014

Postby wolverine2014 » Fri Jan 14, 2011 2:31 am

so are you guys coming to ASW solo or are you bringing a guest (parent, bf/gf, etc.)?

User avatar
forward
Posts: 413
Joined: Thu May 13, 2010 12:16 am

Re: Michigan Class of 2014

Postby forward » Fri Jan 14, 2011 2:32 am

solo.

dabbadon8
Posts: 767
Joined: Tue May 11, 2010 2:17 am

Re: Michigan Class of 2014

Postby dabbadon8 » Fri Jan 14, 2011 2:34 am

I'd like to take the gf but the plane tickets and hotel would get too expensive. I'll be going alone.

User avatar
AreJay711
Posts: 3406
Joined: Tue Jul 20, 2010 8:51 pm

Re: Michigan Class of 2014

Postby AreJay711 » Fri Jan 14, 2011 2:38 am

My gf was agitated when I told her I was going alone. Just tell your SO that you will be sitting in on classes and talking to professors and looking at the library and whatever other stuff no one not interested in going to law school would be interested in. Of course mine has already been to Ann Arbor so she doesn't need to see the overall vibe of the town.

User avatar
s0ph1e2007
Posts: 1054
Joined: Sat Oct 10, 2009 10:37 pm

Re: Michigan Class of 2014

Postby s0ph1e2007 » Fri Jan 14, 2011 2:51 am

AreJay711 wrote:My gf was agitated when I told her I was going alone. Just tell your SO that you will be sitting in on classes and talking to professors and looking at the library and whatever other stuff no one not interested in going to law school would be interested in. Of course mine has already been to Ann Arbor so she doesn't need to see the overall vibe of the town.


she's likely more agitated at the idea of you meeting a hot 0L who out-lawyers her or something lol

User avatar
er doctor
Posts: 290
Joined: Thu Dec 24, 2009 5:35 am

Re: Michigan Class of 2014

Postby er doctor » Fri Jan 14, 2011 9:56 am

wolverine2014 wrote:so are you guys coming to ASW solo or are you bringing a guest (parent, bf/gf, etc.)?


My S/O will be coming

pulandasu
Posts: 205
Joined: Fri Jan 08, 2010 12:06 pm

Re: Michigan Class of 2014

Postby pulandasu » Fri Jan 14, 2011 10:13 am

s0ph1e2007 wrote:
AreJay711 wrote:My gf was agitated when I told her I was going alone. Just tell your SO that you will be sitting in on classes and talking to professors and looking at the library and whatever other stuff no one not interested in going to law school would be interested in. Of course mine has already been to Ann Arbor so she doesn't need to see the overall vibe of the town.


she's likely more agitated at the idea of you meeting a hot 0L who out-lawyers her or something lol


You got that right - funny.

Btw, I'll be coming solo.

03121202698008
Posts: 3002
Joined: Fri Jul 17, 2009 2:07 am

Re: Michigan Class of 2014

Postby 03121202698008 » Fri Jan 14, 2011 10:46 am

forward wrote:What are folks' thoughts on negotiating with Mich for $? Dean's schollie recipients are told in the letter that it isn't UM's practice to compete, but I'm not entirely sure I buy that...

Does anyone have any knowledge on how firm this is? Given that $ is essentially a function of the LSAT score and nothing else (unless you have a low GPA, at which point you get dropped down), I'm curious whether applicants who get something initially are able to get more with competing offers from holistic schools - perhaps Penn or UVa.


I remember one person being successful with this last year but I think his was a very special case.

User avatar
dbrddr
Posts: 287
Joined: Sun Oct 18, 2009 8:24 pm

Re: Michigan Class of 2014

Postby dbrddr » Fri Jan 14, 2011 11:18 am

dulcatis wrote:Everyone join the fb group! Nowwww!


OK for undecided admits to join? I feel weird being in multiple c/o 2014 groups :roll:

User avatar
Excellence = a Habit
Posts: 1021
Joined: Thu Sep 23, 2010 2:15 pm

Re: Michigan Class of 2014

Postby Excellence = a Habit » Fri Jan 14, 2011 11:30 am

dbrddr wrote:
dulcatis wrote:Everyone join the fb group! Nowwww!


OK for undecided admits to join? I feel weird being in multiple c/o 2014 groups :roll:


Yeah ditto, I want to join but I'm not 100% sure on Mich. Whatever, I'm going to join and y'all can kick me out if you want.

User avatar
absolutazn87
Posts: 715
Joined: Wed Aug 20, 2008 2:16 am

Re: Michigan Class of 2014

Postby absolutazn87 » Fri Jan 14, 2011 11:41 am

Excellence = a Habit wrote:
dbrddr wrote:
dulcatis wrote:Everyone join the fb group! Nowwww!


OK for undecided admits to join? I feel weird being in multiple c/o 2014 groups :roll:


Yeah ditto, I want to join but I'm not 100% sure on Mich. Whatever, I'm going to join and y'all can kick me out if you want.


No worries. I'm sure a lot of us (myself included) are still deciding :)

User avatar
er doctor
Posts: 290
Joined: Thu Dec 24, 2009 5:35 am

Re: Michigan Class of 2014

Postby er doctor » Fri Jan 14, 2011 11:43 am

absolutazn87 wrote:
Excellence = a Habit wrote:
dbrddr wrote:
dulcatis wrote:Everyone join the fb group! Nowwww!


OK for undecided admits to join? I feel weird being in multiple c/o 2014 groups :roll:


Yeah ditto, I want to join but I'm not 100% sure on Mich. Whatever, I'm going to join and y'all can kick me out if you want.


No worries. I'm sure a lot of us (myself included) are still deciding :)


Heck I started the group and I'm not 100% (Although somewhere close to 99.999999999999%)




Return to “TLS Class of 2014 Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest