Michigan Class of 2014 Forum

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2014)
Kallpayoq

New

Re: Michigan Class of 2014

Post by Kallpayoq » Wed May 18, 2011 8:03 pm

whirledpeas86 wrote:
twelda wrote:Is anyone applying for MAP?
Yeah, I think I'm going to go for it. Has anyone found any pertinent threads on TLS with people that have participated in the past?
I am too.

FlightoftheEarls

Silver

Post by FlightoftheEarls » Wed May 18, 2011 8:14 pm

whirledpeas86 wrote:
Yeah, I think I'm going to go for it. Has anyone found any pertinent threads on TLS with people that have participated in the past?
It's become a pattern that the majority of TLSers do MAP every year based on encouragement from past TLSers who have done it. As somebody who has done MAP, I fully understand why students from the class before me encouraged to do it, and I'd highly recommend it to anyone. You more or less do random activities during the day and go out drinking every night, and it's a great way to meet a bunch of people for several days before your entire class gets to campus and tries to awkwardly intermingle and make friends. Many of my closest friends from other sections I met through MAP or the LC.

vegenator

Bronze

Post by vegenator » Wed May 18, 2011 8:25 pm

FlightoftheEarls wrote:
whirledpeas86 wrote:
It's become a pattern that the majority of TLSers do MAP every year based on encouragement from past TLSers who have done it. As somebody who has done MAP, I fully understand why students from the class before me encouraged to do it, and I'd highly recommend it to anyone. You more or less do random activities during the day and go out drinking every night, and it's a great way to meet a bunch of people for several days before your entire class gets to campus and tries to awkwardly intermingle and make friends. Many of my closest friends from other sections I met through MAP or the LC.
I'll be applying for this as well. Glad to hear from someone who's done it that it's fun. I am really looking forward to this fall :D can't wait to quit my crappy job and move out to aa
Last edited by vegenator on Wed May 18, 2011 9:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

FlightoftheEarls

Silver

Post by FlightoftheEarls » Wed May 18, 2011 8:51 pm

vegenator wrote:
FlightoftheEarls wrote:
whirledpeas86 wrote:
I'll be signing up for this as well. Glad to hear from someone who's done it that it's fun. I am really looking forward to this fall :D can't wait to quit my crappy job and move out to aa
Yeah, the program is pretty fun, but I'm not gonna say the daytime stuff is the most exhilarating stuff you'll ever do. It's kinda team-building-ish (and there's a sort of fun, no-pressure oral argument exercise that will give you a pre-Legal Practice attempt at that), but the MAP leaders are typically pretty legit, the deans and administrators that lead it are all awesome, and you get to meet some pretty cool 1Ls in a much smaller environment. By the time other people show up for Orientation, most MAPers have a solid group of friends and sort of know the lay of the land insofar as nightlife goes. Even if the daytime activities aren't always particularly riveting, the program as a whole is great and definitely worthwhile. Glad to hear you guys are considering it!

Kallpayoq

New

Post by Kallpayoq » Wed May 18, 2011 11:57 pm

Has anyone filled out the application for the MAP program yet? If so, did you receive any sort of confirmation? When I filled out the form and clicked submit, it just took me back to the same form, only it was blank. I tried it a few times, and now I'm wondering if I just sent them 3 applications! I'm going to call Student Affairs tomorrow to make sure they received it, but I was just curious if anyone else experienced this too.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

mblueyahoo!

New

Post by mblueyahoo! » Thu May 19, 2011 12:13 am

Kallpayoq wrote:Has anyone filled out the application for the MAP program yet? If so, did you receive any sort of confirmation? When I filled out the form and clicked submit, it just took me back to the same form, only it was blank. I tried it a few times, and now I'm wondering if I just sent them 3 applications! I'm going to call Student Affairs tomorrow to make sure they received it, but I was just curious if anyone else experienced this too.
Whew, I was just about to ask the same question. I sent them an email asking if they received my application and I haven't heard back, but I hope it's normal.

edit: if you hear back, could you post on here or PM me? I'll do the same if I don't see anything on TLS.

Kallpayoq

New

Post by Kallpayoq » Thu May 19, 2011 12:19 am

mblueyahoo! wrote:
Kallpayoq wrote:Has anyone filled out the application for the MAP program yet? If so, did you receive any sort of confirmation? When I filled out the form and clicked submit, it just took me back to the same form, only it was blank. I tried it a few times, and now I'm wondering if I just sent them 3 applications! I'm going to call Student Affairs tomorrow to make sure they received it, but I was just curious if anyone else experienced this too.
Whew, I was just about to ask the same question. I sent them an email asking if they received my application and I haven't heard back, but I hope it's normal.

edit: if you hear back, could you post on here or PM me? I'll do the same if I don't see anything on TLS.
Sure. I'm going to call them in the morning.

sanguar

Silver

Post by sanguar » Thu May 19, 2011 9:50 am

Hmm, MAP would mean paying for extra daycare for the kids. Is it worth that much?

Also, closing on a house in Ann Arbor in late June. Should be fun.

whirledpeas86

Silver

Post by whirledpeas86 » Thu May 19, 2011 9:55 am

FlightoftheEarls wrote:
whirledpeas86 wrote:
That is exactly what I was hoping to here; I'm really excited!

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

math101

Bronze

Post by math101 » Thu May 19, 2011 11:32 am

mblueyahoo! wrote:

+1 Can someone let me know? I'd rather not have to Skype them.

math101

Bronze

Post by math101 » Thu May 19, 2011 11:36 am

Also, QF for new page: http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/v ... 8&t=125921

Add yourself if you haven't already!

artichoke

Silver

Post by artichoke » Sat May 21, 2011 8:19 pm

Just applied to MAP... was debating the hotel vs LC early move-in... it seems kind of a shame to pay $140 to move in early when you could stay at a hotel for free... but it would be way too much of a pain in the ass to not move in when I drive down with all my stuff.

buckilaw

Silver

Post by buckilaw » Sun May 22, 2011 12:38 pm

Just finished moving in yesterday. The weather up here is pretty nice.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

whirledpeas86

Silver

Post by whirledpeas86 » Sun May 22, 2011 1:16 pm

artichoke wrote:Just applied to MAP... was debating the hotel vs LC early move-in... it seems kind of a shame to pay $140 to move in early when you could stay at a hotel for free... but it would be way too much of a pain in the ass to not move in when I drive down with all my stuff.
Can I ask how much you wrote for each of the short answer questions? I can't tell if they want a sentence or a paragraph or an essay!

Gold

Post by 03121202698008 » Sun May 22, 2011 10:59 pm

whirledpeas86 wrote:
artichoke wrote:Just applied to MAP... was debating the hotel vs LC early move-in... it seems kind of a shame to pay $140 to move in early when you could stay at a hotel for free... but it would be way too much of a pain in the ass to not move in when I drive down with all my stuff.
Can I ask how much you wrote for each of the short answer questions? I can't tell if they want a sentence or a paragraph or an essay!
Last year I wrote a short'ish paragraph for each.

Excellence = a Habit

Silver

Post by Excellence = a Habit » Mon May 23, 2011 4:06 pm

AreJay711 wrote:
artichoke wrote:
AreJay711 wrote:O22-2 here... but I'm withdrawing :(
What?! Why??
I mean from the Lawyers Club. I'm going to be in the Phid house 8)
Dude, I just saw this:
And died a little bit inside before reading this:
AreJay711 wrote:
artichoke wrote:
What?! Why??
I mean from the Lawyers Club. I'm going to be in the Phid house 8)
And then I actually like became more alive. I don't know how that works but it happened.

artichoke

Silver

Post by artichoke » Mon May 23, 2011 8:41 pm

whirledpeas86 wrote:
Sorry for the delayed response. I wrote about a paragraph for 1,2 and 4 and about 2 paragraphs for 3.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

thelaststraw05

Silver

Post by thelaststraw05 » Tue May 24, 2011 9:13 am

I am really envious of all of you. I have to work through August 23rd. Making it by August 29th is already going to be a little tight.

er doctor

Bronze

Post by er doctor » Tue May 24, 2011 10:44 am

I am going in to work my last shift this afternoon followed by my first summer vacation since 1994. You have no idea how stoked I am.

JTMan

Bronze

Post by JTMan » Tue May 24, 2011 11:19 am

er doctor wrote:I am going in to work my last shift this afternoon followed by my first summer vacation since 1994. You have no idea how stoked I am.

I'm doing the same thing. My last day is June 13......first summer vacation in 5 years. Last summer of Jenna I will ever have, lol.

twelda

New

Post by twelda » Tue May 24, 2011 12:27 pm

JTMan wrote:
er doctor wrote:I am going in to work my last shift this afternoon followed by my first summer vacation since 1994. You have no idea how stoked I am.

I'm doing the same thing. My last day is June 13......first summer vacation in 5 years. Last summer of Jenna I will ever have, lol.
Congratulations to both of you! I'm working for a very few more weeks and then gleefully taking the rest of the summer off.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

RIPmitchhedberg

New

Post by RIPmitchhedberg » Thu May 26, 2011 6:07 pm

So I leave Saturday for Summer Start--any thoughts on how many suits/nice clothes a 1L will need?

Gold

Post by 03121202698008 » Thu May 26, 2011 6:24 pm

RIPmitchhedberg wrote:So I leave Saturday for Summer Start--any thoughts on how many suits/nice clothes a 1L will need?
You'll need a single suit for oral argument...second semester. You'll need a suit for interviews in Jan/Feb. One nice suit will easily get you through until the summer. (It takes time to have them altered so don't wait until the last minute though. Vahan's on Liberty St for good/reasonably priced tailoring.

artichoke

Silver

Post by artichoke » Mon May 30, 2011 6:03 pm

I hear it's 90/sunny right now in AA.... this makes me glad I am not a summer starter.

RIPmitchhedberg

New

Post by RIPmitchhedberg » Tue May 31, 2011 7:51 am

I hear it's 90/sunny right now in AA.... this makes me glad I am a summer starter.

And off I go to the first day of school (well, orientation)!

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “TLS Class of 2014 Forum”