Michigan Class of 2014

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2014)
User avatar
RIPmitchhedberg
Posts: 64
Joined: Fri Jun 25, 2010 2:08 pm

Re: Michigan Class of 2014

Postby RIPmitchhedberg » Tue Apr 26, 2011 2:19 pm

Entchen wrote:So it looks like unless Legal Practice Skills screws us, no Friday classes over the summer?

Image
..Image
.--ImageRemoved--
.--ImageRemoved--


Someone in the Summer Starters facebook group was saying the Skills part of Legal Practice doesn't have a formal meeting time, so I think we're in the clear :D

User avatar
RIPmitchhedberg
Posts: 64
Joined: Fri Jun 25, 2010 2:08 pm

Re: Michigan Class of 2014

Postby RIPmitchhedberg » Tue Apr 26, 2011 2:24 pm

Hahaha it looks like Wildcat beat me to the punch on that one

User avatar
Entchen
Posts: 722
Joined: Mon Mar 15, 2010 6:42 pm

Re: Michigan Class of 2014

Postby Entchen » Tue Apr 26, 2011 2:26 pm

Yay three day weekends :mrgreen:

wildcathighfive
Posts: 147
Joined: Fri Feb 26, 2010 6:11 pm

Re: Michigan Class of 2014

Postby wildcathighfive » Tue Apr 26, 2011 3:07 pm

RIPmitchhedberg wrote:Hahaha it looks like Wildcat beat me to the punch on that one



only barely...i think we're just all so excited!

User avatar
RIPmitchhedberg
Posts: 64
Joined: Fri Jun 25, 2010 2:08 pm

Re: Michigan Class of 2014

Postby RIPmitchhedberg » Tue Apr 26, 2011 3:28 pm

wildcathighfive wrote:
RIPmitchhedberg wrote:Hahaha it looks like Wildcat beat me to the punch on that one



only barely...i think we're just all so excited!


I know! My flight is one month from tomorrow. Until then it's just me, a gym membership, and about 300 tivo'd episdes of SVU.

User avatar
Excellence = a Habit
Posts: 1021
Joined: Thu Sep 23, 2010 2:15 pm

Re: Michigan Class of 2014

Postby Excellence = a Habit » Tue Apr 26, 2011 3:45 pm

RIPmitchhedberg wrote:
wildcathighfive wrote:
RIPmitchhedberg wrote:Hahaha it looks like Wildcat beat me to the punch on that one



only barely...i think we're just all so excited!


I know! My flight is one month from tomorrow. Until then it's just me, a gym membership, and about 300 tivo'd episdes of SVU.


I am srsly jelly!

User avatar
applepiecrust
Posts: 476
Joined: Sat Jun 12, 2010 11:38 am

Re: Michigan Class of 2014

Postby applepiecrust » Tue Apr 26, 2011 3:59 pm

Excellence = a Habit wrote:
RIPmitchhedberg wrote:
wildcathighfive wrote:
RIPmitchhedberg wrote:Hahaha it looks like Wildcat beat me to the punch on that one



only barely...i think we're just all so excited!


I know! My flight is one month from tomorrow. Until then it's just me, a gym membership, and about 300 tivo'd episdes of SVU.


I am srsly jelly!


Me too. My next month is presentations, papers and an exam, then senior week and graduation, then a Florida vacay and THEN moving to Ann Arbor. Phew.

User avatar
thelaststraw05
Posts: 1028
Joined: Fri Nov 05, 2010 7:47 am

Re: Michigan Class of 2014

Postby thelaststraw05 » Tue Apr 26, 2011 4:05 pm

I am jealous of both summer starters and fall starters who don't have to work 40+ hours a week all summer.

I have NO motivation to work.

User avatar
twelda
Posts: 58
Joined: Fri Jun 25, 2010 5:45 pm

Postby twelda » Tue Apr 26, 2011 4:53 pm

thelaststraw05 wrote:I am jealous of both summer starters and fall starters who don't have to work 40+ hours a week all summer.

I have NO motivation to work.


Do as I do and quit early! Yes, you don't get the extra income, but at this point I'm about ready to bite everyone's head off at work so I think it's about time to go our separate ways. Summer vacation!!!

03121202698008
Posts: 3002
Joined: Fri Jul 17, 2009 2:07 am

Re: Michigan Class of 2014

Postby 03121202698008 » Tue Apr 26, 2011 5:35 pm

Legal practice skills is under the days/times for legal practice. It's just the credit for all the crap you do on your own time outside of it.

User avatar
er doctor
Posts: 290
Joined: Thu Dec 24, 2009 5:35 am

Re:

Postby er doctor » Tue Apr 26, 2011 6:22 pm

twelda wrote:
thelaststraw05 wrote:I am jealous of both summer starters and fall starters who don't have to work 40+ hours a week all summer.

I have NO motivation to work.


Do as I do and quit early! Yes, you don't get the extra income, but at this point I'm about ready to bite everyone's head off at work so I think it's about time to go our separate ways. Summer vacation!!!


+1 My last day of work id May 24 and it can't come soon enough!

User avatar
Tanicius
Posts: 2957
Joined: Sat Feb 07, 2009 12:54 am

Re: Michigan Class of 2014

Postby Tanicius » Thu Apr 28, 2011 1:36 pm

Just withdrew. Worst email I've ever had to write. :(

User avatar
er doctor
Posts: 290
Joined: Thu Dec 24, 2009 5:35 am

Re: Michigan Class of 2014

Postby er doctor » Thu Apr 28, 2011 1:52 pm

Tanicius wrote:Just withdrew. Worst email I've ever had to write. :(


:cry: Good luck at Berkeley!

InvictusFortis
Posts: 199
Joined: Sun Jan 16, 2011 4:38 pm

Re: Michigan Class of 2014

Postby InvictusFortis » Thu Apr 28, 2011 1:58 pm

er doctor wrote:
Tanicius wrote:Just withdrew. Worst email I've ever had to write. :(


:cry: Good luck at Berkeley!


I bet a well stitched Michigan beanie could have convinced them to stay.

dorriedoodle
Posts: 69
Joined: Wed Sep 29, 2010 12:46 pm

Re: Michigan Class of 2014

Postby dorriedoodle » Thu Apr 28, 2011 3:43 pm

Summer Starter here freaking out about housing. Thought I had something lined up, but now it sounds like I would have to move out a week before finals. This is a horrible idea, right?

I have a dog, so it makes things more difficult. See picture to left.

Any ideas friends?

User avatar
AreJay711
Posts: 3406
Joined: Tue Jul 20, 2010 8:51 pm

Re: Michigan Class of 2014

Postby AreJay711 » Thu Apr 28, 2011 4:15 pm

dorriedoodle wrote:Summer Starter here freaking out about housing. Thought I had something lined up, but now it sounds like I would have to move out a week before finals. This is a horrible idea, right?

I have a dog, so it makes things more difficult. See picture to left.

Any ideas friends?


Actually this happened to me (well not as bad but still). The person was mistaken about the length of the original lease and I have to move out the 25th which is a day we have finals. This is probably enough of a reason to get out of the lease but I'm going to look first and see if the landlord will let me go another day. I think moving right before or during finals is probably a bad idea.

03121202698008
Posts: 3002
Joined: Fri Jul 17, 2009 2:07 am

Re: Michigan Class of 2014

Postby 03121202698008 » Thu Apr 28, 2011 5:29 pm

You don't want to move during finals. You really really don't want to.

User avatar
er doctor
Posts: 290
Joined: Thu Dec 24, 2009 5:35 am

Re: Michigan Class of 2014

Postby er doctor » Thu Apr 28, 2011 6:21 pm

InvictusFortis wrote:
er doctor wrote:
Tanicius wrote:Just withdrew. Worst email I've ever had to write. :(


:cry: Good luck at Berkeley!


I bet a well stitched Michigan beanie could have convinced them to stay.


I'm going to spend the next three years knitting 360 beanies aren't I?

dorriedoodle
Posts: 69
Joined: Wed Sep 29, 2010 12:46 pm

Re: Michigan Class of 2014

Postby dorriedoodle » Thu Apr 28, 2011 6:36 pm

blowhard wrote:You don't want to move during finals. You really really don't want to.


How about a week and a half before?

(I'm desperate)

User avatar
RIPmitchhedberg
Posts: 64
Joined: Fri Jun 25, 2010 2:08 pm

Re: Michigan Class of 2014

Postby RIPmitchhedberg » Thu Apr 28, 2011 8:01 pm

dorriedoodle wrote:Summer Starter here freaking out about housing. Thought I had something lined up, but now it sounds like I would have to move out a week before finals. This is a horrible idea, right?

I have a dog, so it makes things more difficult. See picture to left.

Any ideas friends?


More than a month ago I put an ad on Craigslist saying I was looking for a room for less than $350/month, and I'm still getting responses. You could probably do the same and mention the dates, and that the place needs to be dog friendly.

User avatar
whathojeeves
Posts: 489
Joined: Wed Dec 15, 2010 5:39 pm

Re: Michigan Class of 2014

Postby whathojeeves » Thu Apr 28, 2011 8:38 pm

er doctor wrote:
InvictusFortis wrote:
er doctor wrote:
Tanicius wrote:Just withdrew. Worst email I've ever had to write. :(


:cry: Good luck at Berkeley!


I bet a well stitched Michigan beanie could have convinced them to stay.


I'm going to spend the next three years knitting 360 beanies aren't I?


Yes. My hat size is a 7.

User avatar
Excellence = a Habit
Posts: 1021
Joined: Thu Sep 23, 2010 2:15 pm

Re: Michigan Class of 2014

Postby Excellence = a Habit » Thu Apr 28, 2011 10:00 pm

For the NYCers ... there's a brunch/happy hour brewing over on the facebook page. (Sorry too lazy to link but I can if you really want.)

User avatar
whirledpeas86
Posts: 1393
Joined: Thu Sep 09, 2010 2:07 pm

Re: Michigan Class of 2014

Postby whirledpeas86 » Thu Apr 28, 2011 10:25 pm

whathojeeves wrote:
Yes. My hat size is a 7.


For knitting hats, a measurement of head circumference in inches is helpful!

03121202698008
Posts: 3002
Joined: Fri Jul 17, 2009 2:07 am

Re: Michigan Class of 2014

Postby 03121202698008 » Thu Apr 28, 2011 10:39 pm

dorriedoodle wrote:
blowhard wrote:You don't want to move during finals. You really really don't want to.


How about a week and a half before?

(I'm desperate)


Eh, I wouldn't. You guys have a compressed schedule during the summer. So days you have class are ALL day. You have class most of the day hours, then need to read for the next day that night. This semester we have 4-5 days completely off to prepare for each final and it still feels rushed. Last semester we had fewer days and it was crazy. (And most started preparing heavily on weekends around Thanksgiving for finals in mid-Dec.) The problem is, classes don't slack off. So you'll have normal reading to do, plus legal practice assignments, right up until exams. The evenings/weekends when you'd move 1.5 week out is exactly when you'd need to be studying. I was hear during the summer last summer and my summer-start friends disappeared about the third week of Jul and didn't re-appear until after finals. Like...no time to grab a bite to because they were proofing papers while eating, etc. And that's only marginally busier than they were the whole month of July.

Again, I'd find an alternative unless you'll have very little to move (like a suitcase or two) and won't have to worry about turning on utilities, etc at the new place. Not sure where you are moving to but it's a lot of work getting everything set up...running to comcast, waiting for comcast to come (you'll need internet access to study), calling electric co, etc. If you're talking setting up furniture and such, forget it.

Your schedule may seem like it has holes, but add in 4-5 hours of reading a night, reviewing/outlining/supplements on weekends (with much more closer to finals than beginning), and legal practice assignments that can easily eat up 40+ hours per assignment. (Some are shorter, some are longer...longer ones towards finals.)

User avatar
er doctor
Posts: 290
Joined: Thu Dec 24, 2009 5:35 am

Re: Michigan Class of 2014

Postby er doctor » Fri Apr 29, 2011 8:14 am

whirledpeas86 wrote:
whathojeeves wrote:
Yes. My hat size is a 7.


For knitting hats, a measurement of head circumference in inches is helpful!


Don't encourage them!




Return to “TLS Class of 2014 Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest