Michigan Class of 2014 Forum

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2014)
marklg89

New

Re: Michigan Class of 2014

Post by marklg89 » Tue Aug 02, 2011 2:03 pm

Deuce wrote:
marklg89 wrote:Hi all, first post in this wonderful thread. I looked briefly through the pages, but couldn't find anything about the chances of getting football season tickets off the waitlist. I was in Europe while they were on sale, and they were obviously sold out in the first couple of hours. Am I and all the unfortunate souls who are in the same boat virtually screwed out of football season (short of paying outragous prices for single-game tix)?
I just got in off the waitlist, again. Go Blue baby
Congrats bro! I've been on it since early July, did you do anything special to get off? I'm contemplating calling to harass the people at the ticket office/offering to sell my kidneys.

starchinkilt

Bronze

Post by starchinkilt » Tue Aug 02, 2011 2:42 pm

marklg89 wrote:
Deuce wrote:
marklg89 wrote:Hi all, first post in this wonderful thread. I looked briefly through the pages, but couldn't find anything about the chances of getting football season tickets off the waitlist. I was in Europe while they were on sale, and they were obviously sold out in the first couple of hours. Am I and all the unfortunate souls who are in the same boat virtually screwed out of football season (short of paying outragous prices for single-game tix)?
Congrats bro! I've been on it since early July, did you do anything special to get off? I'm contemplating calling to harass the people at the ticket office/offering to sell my kidneys.
I would call; I called early/mid July and the guy just got me tickets instead of putting me on the waitlist. There is no set limit on student tickets. They try to get in as many as they can.

Deuce

Silver

Post by Deuce » Tue Aug 02, 2011 2:43 pm

starchinkilt wrote:
marklg89 wrote:
Deuce wrote:
I would call; I called early/mid July and the guy just got me tickets instead of putting me on the waitlist. There is no set limit on student tickets. They try to get in as many as they can.
Yea, I was put on the ticket waitlist last week and just got the e-mail offer... definitely call

marklg89

New

Post by marklg89 » Tue Aug 02, 2011 4:28 pm

Thanks homies. I called them and the guy on the other line let me know that, even though he couldn't get me tickets over the phone, there's a very high probability that I'll receive an e-mail sometime this week due to a high number of tickets being returned.

On a different note, did anyone else notice how pleasant everyone is up at Michigan? Must be that medicinial marijuana.

RTFM

Bronze

Post by RTFM » Wed Aug 03, 2011 5:00 pm

laughsalot06 wrote:I'll be living in the Lawyer's Club and was wondering what everyone was doing for parking. I want to bring my car for trips home/use every once in a while. Does anyone know somewhere to park for use every once in a while. My UG had a "lot" that you could take a bus to if you wanted to essentially store your car there for limited use. Does Michigan have anything like this? Has anyone found a cheap place to park?
I'm in the same boat. There are student storage lots (the permit is $208 for the whole year), but you can't buy the permit until you're registered for classes (Admissions says we won't be registered until orientation) and apparently they sell out of storage lot permits. If you figure something else out, let me know--I REALLY don't want to get rid of my car, but I can't afford more expensive storage options.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

NZA

Silver

Post by NZA » Wed Aug 03, 2011 9:56 pm

If anyone is flying into DTW on the 28th and wants to share a cab, hit me up! :) My flight gets in at around 3:30 PM.

thelaststraw05

Silver

Post by thelaststraw05 » Thu Aug 04, 2011 11:19 am

I am driving up on August 27th. I am so envious of everyone that is already up there. Looking forward to meeting all of you.

Deuce

Silver

Post by Deuce » Thu Aug 04, 2011 1:41 pm

NZA wrote:If anyone is flying into DTW on the 28th and wants to share a cab, hit me up! :) My flight gets in at around 3:30 PM.
I'm coming in the 22nd and taking some bus that's $15... forget what it's called though

er doctor

Bronze

Post by er doctor » Thu Aug 04, 2011 1:51 pm

thelaststraw05 wrote:I am driving up on August 27th. I am so envious of everyone that is already up there. Looking forward to meeting all of you.
I'm driving up the 27th too. I should be enjoying these last few weeks of vacation but I am just so eager to get started!

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

NZA

Silver

Post by NZA » Thu Aug 04, 2011 5:16 pm

Deuce wrote:
NZA wrote:If anyone is flying into DTW on the 28th and wants to share a cab, hit me up! :) My flight gets in at around 3:30 PM.
I'm coming in the 22nd and taking some bus that's $15... forget what it's called though
The Michigan Flier? That's probably what I'll end up doing, but I figured I'd see if anyone was down to take a cab. :)

Haliburton

New

Post by Haliburton » Thu Aug 04, 2011 9:48 pm

er doctor wrote:Hi all Fall Starters! Since we're a little less than a month away from Orientation with no idea what sections we will end up in, I decided to work up the class schedules for each of the sections just to get an idea of what the schedules might look like. There is no schedule available for Legal Practice Skills so these schedules are not complete, but I decided to share just in case anon else was getting OCD about school.

Of note, every one of the sections has at least one class on Monday and on Friday, so it looks like no three-day weekends this year :(

http://gallery.me.com/mcasner/100011

Are other people able to view this? I just keep getting a loading screen that never loads. Maybe it's my computer though.

Thanks for doing that, though!

buckilaw

Silver

Post by buckilaw » Thu Aug 04, 2011 10:06 pm

thelaststraw05 wrote:I am driving up on August 27th. I am so envious of everyone that is already up there. Looking forward to meeting all of you.
Don't be too envious. Our finals are rapidly approaching.

bruinwang

New

Post by bruinwang » Thu Aug 04, 2011 10:17 pm

buckilaw wrote:Don't be too envious. Our finals are rapidly approaching.
+1000 :) :arrow: :(

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Deuce

Silver

Post by Deuce » Thu Aug 04, 2011 10:30 pm

buckilaw wrote:
The whole school part of school might be downing, but I am looking forward to sleeping in a bed again. It's been a while.

er doctor

Bronze

Post by er doctor » Thu Aug 04, 2011 11:20 pm

Deuce wrote:
buckilaw wrote:
The whole school part of school might be downing, but I am looking forward to sleeping in a bed again. It's been a while.
Well I am forced to ask, where HAVE you been sleeping?

Deuce

Silver

Post by Deuce » Fri Aug 05, 2011 1:27 am

er doctor wrote:
Deuce wrote:
buckilaw wrote:
No lease/home from Aug. 1-22 = various couches, floors, etc... good times

Excellence = a Habit

Silver

Post by Excellence = a Habit » Sat Aug 06, 2011 5:47 pm

Deuce wrote:
er doctor wrote:
Deuce wrote:
No lease/home from Aug. 1-22 = various couches, floors, etc... good times
That'll really put you in the mood for school. Good idea.

PS - I could load the class schedules - big ups to erdoc for doing that. It adds a whole level level of reality to actually see classes arranged in blocks... especially when the start time is 8 am.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Deuce

Silver

Post by Deuce » Sun Aug 07, 2011 11:02 am

Does anyone know the breKdown timewise of our orientation events? This is very important ( fantasy football draft scheduled during orientation week)

Julio_El_Chavo

Silver

Post by Julio_El_Chavo » Mon Aug 08, 2011 3:17 pm

LET'S GO WOLVERINE FOOTBALL!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PlS3twJWYSc

NZA

Silver

Post by NZA » Mon Aug 08, 2011 6:56 pm

Speaking football: I still haven't received my tickets. :? Did you guys get them, yet? From the FB group, it looks like folks already have them in their possession...

marklg89

New

Post by marklg89 » Tue Aug 09, 2011 1:27 pm

Deuce wrote:Does anyone know the breKdown timewise of our orientation events? This is very important ( fantasy football draft scheduled during orientation week)
They had a full orientation schedule on the admitted students website up until a few days ago, but now there's just a blank page. I'd keep checking, but if memory serves the days were pretty packed up until 3PM-5ish.
NZA wrote:Speaking football: I still haven't received my tickets. :? Did you guys get them, yet? From the FB group, it looks like folks already have them in their possession...
I'm in the same boat as you my brother, still on the waiting list.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

NZA

Silver

Post by NZA » Tue Aug 09, 2011 1:28 pm

marklg89 wrote:
NZA wrote:Speaking football: I still haven't received my tickets. :? Did you guys get them, yet? From the FB group, it looks like folks already have them in their possession...
Oh, no, I mean, I paid for them already in June or whenever. Am I on waiting list after I paid for them? If so, that sucks. :(

ko2689

New

Post by ko2689 » Tue Aug 09, 2011 3:08 pm

NZA wrote:
marklg89 wrote:
Oh, no, I mean, I paid for them already in June or whenever. Am I on waiting list after I paid for them? If so, that sucks. :(

I haven't gotten mine either-- do we pick them up at school perhaps?

NZA

Silver

Post by NZA » Tue Aug 09, 2011 3:09 pm

ko2689 wrote:
NZA wrote:
marklg89 wrote:

I haven't gotten mine either-- do we pick them up at school perhaps?
On the menu, I chose "send to address." :? I dunno...maybe I should call.

er doctor

Bronze

Post by er doctor » Tue Aug 09, 2011 4:13 pm

Just so everyone knows, class schedules for Fall Starters are now up on Wolverine Access

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “TLS Class of 2014 Forum”