GULC - Transfer 2020 Forum

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Dbeale13

New

GULC - Transfer 2020

Post by Dbeale13 » Thu Mar 26, 2020 5:11 pm

Anyone heard anything yet? I know it's a bit early just curious.

kook

New

Re: GULC - Transfer 2020

Post by kook » Thu Mar 26, 2020 6:31 pm

No changes for me. Been complete for about 3 weeks

jmbs02

New

Post by jmbs02 » Thu Mar 26, 2020 10:08 pm

Hey guys, transferred last year. Just so you know, no matter which updates show up on your portals and here on TLS, decisions probably won't start coming until late March/early April. I appreciate that isn't what you guys wanna hear, but hopefully that means you guys will do a little less compulsive checking like me haha. Hang in there and keep those grades up!

phlbirds215

New

Post by phlbirds215 » Fri Mar 27, 2020 2:52 pm

Did anyone's law school go to pass/fail this semester and have yet to apply as a transfer? I was waiting for my spring semester grades but will not have anything to show as my school went mandatory pass/fail.

Dbeale13

New

Post by Dbeale13 » Sat Mar 28, 2020 7:24 pm

jmbs02 wrote:Hey guys, transferred last year. Just so you know, no matter which updates show up on your portals and here on TLS, decisions probably won't start coming until late March/early April. I appreciate that isn't what you guys wanna hear, but hopefully that means you guys will do a little less compulsive checking like me haha. Hang in there and keep those grades up!
You mind telling your stats and how and when you received your acceptance?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

getmeout123

New

Post by getmeout123 » Sat Mar 28, 2020 10:38 pm

wait so gtown has an early transfer app cycle??

most other schools seem due june 1.

Bryant.cullen

New

Post by Bryant.cullen » Sun Mar 29, 2020 6:23 pm

Happy this thread got started - what are people's stats? Also, has anyone heard anything from admissions on any changes because of COVID-19??

I am TTT, 3.68, top 10%, and 3 years as a legal intern - for sure not a shoe in but hoping for the best.

GreenerGrass

New

Post by GreenerGrass » Mon Mar 30, 2020 8:17 pm

Transferred from T2 to GULC last year. Happy to take questions!

CivProGunner12b

New

Post by CivProGunner12b » Wed Apr 01, 2020 2:14 am

Also applied and still waiting to hear back. Applied 2/2

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

CivProGunner12b

New

Post by CivProGunner12b » Wed Apr 01, 2020 9:01 pm

jmbs02 wrote:Hey guys, transferred last year. Just so you know, no matter which updates show up on your portals and here on TLS, decisions probably won't start coming until late March/early April. I appreciate that isn't what you guys wanna hear, but hopefully that means you guys will do a little less compulsive checking like me haha. Hang in there and keep those grades up!
When did you hear back? I saw the website said by the end of April or early May but read that as the earlier end, so that's exciting to hear it could be sooner.

LearnedHandiwork

New

Post by LearnedHandiwork » Thu Apr 02, 2020 8:59 pm

Bryant.cullen wrote:Happy this thread got started - what are people's stats? Also, has anyone heard anything from admissions on any changes because of COVID-19??
Good luck to you. TTT 3.8 here. Also curious what effect (if any) the coronavirus will have on transfer admissions. Also, is anyone else here applying to other schools?

CivProGunner12b

New

Post by CivProGunner12b » Thu Apr 02, 2020 10:48 pm

LearnedHandiwork wrote:
Bryant.cullen wrote:Happy this thread got started - what are people's stats? Also, has anyone heard anything from admissions on any changes because of COVID-19??
Good luck to you. TTT 3.8 here. Also curious what effect (if any) the coronavirus will have on transfer admissions. Also, is anyone else here applying to other schools?
Accepted at George Washington, denied at Cornell. Likely applying to Fordham. Considering taking a shot at NYU or Columbia for the fun of it. T3/T4 3.94.

zg43

New

Post by zg43 » Fri Apr 03, 2020 1:06 am

Has anyone asked if they will be accelerating their regular decision apps now that most schools are P/F this semester?

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Dbeale13

New

Post by Dbeale13 » Fri Apr 03, 2020 9:20 am

I am TTT, 3.68, top 10%, and 3 years as a legal intern - for sure not a shoe in but hoping for the best.
T2 - 3.64 - Top 10ish - Master's Degree + 1 year work exp.

I emailed beginning of this week and they told by the end of April / early May.
LearnedHandiwork wrote:
In at GWU and I have a Skype interview with Vanderbilt today. I may apply to UT depending on whether or not I get in here.

Also good luck everyone!!

LearnedHandiwork

New

Post by LearnedHandiwork » Fri Apr 03, 2020 1:52 pm

CivProGunner12b wrote:Accepted at George Washington, denied at Cornell. Likely applying to Fordham. Considering taking a shot at NYU or Columbia for the fun of it. T3/T4 3.94.
I'm applying to Berkeley as well. Bay Area native, and given the circumstances I'm feeling the pull of family. Do you have NY ties? With a GPA like that I'm a little surprised Cornell denied. Congrats on GW and good luck on the others.
Dbeale13 wrote:
T2 - 3.64 - Top 10ish - Master's Degree + 1 year work exp.

I emailed beginning of this week and they told by the end of April / early May.

In at GWU and I have a Skype interview with Vanderbilt today. I may apply to UT depending on whether or not I get in here.

Also good luck everyone!!

Best of luck to you too, and congrats on GWU! Thanks for the info, now I can cool it on checking the status page so often.

ignorantfoot96

New

Post by ignorantfoot96 » Wed Apr 08, 2020 2:18 pm

TTT 3.8 here - I got an email from Georgetown today asking what my summer plans were, anyone else?

CivProGunner12b

New

Post by CivProGunner12b » Wed Apr 08, 2020 2:39 pm

ignorantfoot96 wrote:TTT 3.8 here - I got an email from Georgetown today asking what my summer plans were, anyone else?
Awesome to hear they are making movement! I haven't heard anything, but also had my summer associate position on my resume. Did you have summer plans on your resume or application?

What's your rank, if you don't mind me asking?

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

ignorantfoot96

New

Post by ignorantfoot96 » Wed Apr 08, 2020 3:16 pm

CivProGunner12b wrote:
ignorantfoot96 wrote:TTT 3.8 here - I got an email from Georgetown today asking what my summer plans were, anyone else?
Awesome to hear they are making movement! I haven't heard anything, but also had my summer associate position on my resume. Did you have summer plans on your resume or application?

I did not have any summer plans listed, the email's language made it seem more like a "finish your file" sort of thing.

I am top 10% but probably closer to top 5% (our school only releases percentiles so we have top 10, 25, 50, 67, and 75)

Hoping for early action but a deferral seems more likely given all that is happening, also I will not have spring grades.

kvh0996

New

Post by kvh0996 » Wed Apr 08, 2020 4:22 pm

I guess it's about that time!
T1 3.67

CivProGunner12b

New

Post by CivProGunner12b » Thu Apr 09, 2020 3:05 am

ignorantfoot96 wrote:
CivProGunner12b wrote:

I did not have any summer plans listed, the email's language made it seem more like a "finish your file" sort of thing.

I am top 10% but probably closer to top 5% (our school only releases percentiles so we have top 10, 25, 50, 67, and 75)

Hoping for early action but a deferral seems more likely given all that is happening, also I will not have spring grades.
I think you have good EA chances. If anything, I'm thinking they may not defer since most of us won't have new grades to show for spring. This is about to be the longest month of my life waiting for this app!

ignorantfoot96

New

Post by ignorantfoot96 » Thu Apr 09, 2020 1:17 pm

CivProGunner12b wrote:
ignorantfoot96 wrote:
CivProGunner12b wrote:

I think you have good EA chances. If anything, I'm thinking they may not defer since most of us won't have new grades to show for spring. This is about to be the longest month of my life waiting for this app!
Yeah I mean this is total speculation, but I was thinking that maybe deferrals will still happen to get a better sense of what the applicant pool actually is, every time I think about it i have a new theory haha

On one hand, no one will have a chance to improve their GPA's with spring semester

But on the other hand, there will be more 4.0's because those who did get 4.0's didnt have another semester to ruin it.

Ditto to the longest month of my life.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

ignorantfoot96

New

Post by ignorantfoot96 » Fri Apr 10, 2020 2:08 pm

Also, for those that haven't yet, y'all should sign up for informed delivery. It will give you an update when you have mail incoming, so you will know hours before you normally would for Georgetown acceptance :lol:

I am going slightly neurotic if you couldn't tell haha

Pennoyer v. Meh

Bronze

Post by Pennoyer v. Meh » Fri Apr 10, 2020 3:15 pm

ignorantfoot96 wrote:Also, for those that haven't yet, y'all should sign up for informed delivery. It will give you an update when you have mail incoming, so you will know hours before you normally would for Georgetown acceptance :lol:

Just to let you know, that won't always work. When I applied last year, my letter arrived and Informed Delivery never told me. That also created...some stress.

CivProGunner12b

New

Post by CivProGunner12b » Fri Apr 10, 2020 6:46 pm

ignorantfoot96 wrote:Also, for those that haven't yet, y'all should sign up for informed delivery. It will give you an update when you have mail incoming, so you will know hours before you normally would for Georgetown acceptance :lol:

Good idea, I am definitely going to look in to that!

So it sounds like it is mail acceptance letters, not email? What about denials, are those usually mail or email?

rgwen

New

Post by rgwen » Fri Apr 10, 2020 7:06 pm

CivProGunner12b wrote:

Good idea, I am definitely going to look in to that!

So it sounds like it is mail acceptance letters, not email? What about denials, are those usually mail or email?
Pretty sure GULC has moved away from snail mail since COVID ramped up (it has for 0Ls at least)

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Transfers”