TTTT 3.48 GPA top 15% first semester

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Mitchellvac

New

TTTT 3.48 GPA top 15% first semester

Postby Mitchellvac » Thu Feb 13, 2020 2:06 am

Tier 4 law school
3.48 First semester GPA
Top 15%
Softs (Student gov elected rep, volunteer for minority bar association in my area, volunteer judge for high school mock trial scrimmages)

Long story short, I applied to many Tier 1 schools (non-binding early decision).
I was wondering what are my chances for GW, WashU, and Vanderbilt?
I have looked at the 509's many times but I don't quite understand if my school rank will significantly hurt my chances?

Any advice is appreciated

cavalier1138

Re: TTTT 3.48 GPA top 15% first semester

Postby cavalier1138 » Thu Feb 13, 2020 8:22 am

No one's going to be able to give you a definitive answer, but yes, your school rank will affect your chances. Glancing at WashU's last 509, for example, shows me that they didn't accept any transfers from a T3/4 school. Vanderbilt accepted one from Catholic U.

It does sound like you're a URM, though, so I'm not sure what effect that might have on transfer admissions.

Note: Moved to correct forum.

decimalsanddollars

Bronze

Postby decimalsanddollars » Thu Feb 13, 2020 8:43 pm

Most successful TTT/TTTT transfers are to schools in the same region/city. A few examples from recent 509s:
Charleston, Elon, and CathU to UNC
Drexel to Penn
John Marshall, Indiana (Indianapolis) to Notre Dame
Suffolk, Western NE, RWU to BU/BC
Chapman, Southwestern to UCLA/USC
Louisville, CathU to Vandy
Hofstra to Cornell
St. Mary's, STCL (Houston), UNT (Dallas) to Texas

Also note that Georgetown takes a bunch of TTT(T) transfers, but their GPA range is a bit above where you are. GW seems far more accessible for TTT(T)s, and you're above their GPA range. I recommend (1) getting your grades up as much as you can; (2) applying to schools in the same city/region as your school and (if different) where you have strong geo ties; and (3) applying to GW.

alexancs1

New

Postby alexancs1 » Tue Feb 25, 2020 7:48 am

I had similar stats and got into Fordham / Loyola LA. Waitlisted at GULC and GW and never got off either

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Transfers�